As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AGoT; tCG] - A Game of Thrones: The Card Game #2 - Restarted in new thread

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    How romantic, do we need to start planning for a wedding?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Lannister - Matev kept both of his starting draws.
    Stark - Phyphor kept both of his starting draws.
    Baratheon - jakobagger kept both of his starting draws.
    Targaryen - Sir Fab kept both of his starting draws.

We can now begin the pre-game Marshalling phase.

You may place up to 5 gold worth of characters and/or location cards from your hand facedown in front of you. You may not place attachments unless they include the Setup keyword; your setup must also include valid targets for such attachments. You may only place one card with the Limited keyword and you may not place duplicates of unique cards.

GIVE me your pre-game selections, as this is done secretly, and I will post the starting line-ups.
    Then, draw back up to 7 cards in your hand from the draw deck, replacing the cards you just played.

The cards will be positioned in order of House Card, (which can receive Attachments when a card says so), Characters, Attachments, (hopefully under the Character that has that Attachment), and Locations.

GL!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Sir Fab, love the av.

Thanks Jdark. I like to change it up once in a while, but keep it distinctive.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In-Play Cards

Lannister - Matev
    med_gallery_11_302160.jpg
    med_gallery_11_127079.jpg

Standing

CHARACTER - Tywin Lannister - Unique - Cost: 5 - STR: 4 - Icon: Military,Intrigue, Power - Lord. - At the beginning of the marshalling phase, take 2 gold from the treasury and place it on Tywin Lannister. You may spend gold tokens on Tywin Lannister as if they are in your gold pool. - Crest: Noble

Kneeling

House Power = 0
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 7

Stark - Phyphor
    med_gallery_11_140249.jpg
    med_gallery_11_102900.jpg
    med_gallery_11_142113.jpgmed_gallery_11_108910.jpgmed_gallery_11_214267.jpg

Standing

CHARACTER - Catelyn Stark - Unique - Cost: 3 - STR: 3 - Icon: Intrigue, Power - Lady. - House Tully. - Response: After Catelyn Stark is declared as a defender, choose a participating character. For the duration of the challenge, that character does not count its STR. - Crest: Noble

LOCATION - Lord Eddard's Chambers - Unique - Cost: 1 - Winterfell. - You may choose to play Lord Eddard's Chambers as an attachment to your House card. - +1 Gold. 1 Influence

LOCATION - Great Keep - Cost: 0 - Winterfell. - Stronghold. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - Narrow Sea - Cost: 0 - Westeros. - Marshalling: Discard Narrow Sea from play to reduce the cost of the next House Stark or House Baratheon character you play this phase by 2. - 1 Influence.

Kneeling

House Power = 0
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 7

Baratheon - jakobagger
    med_gallery_11_304322.jpg
    med_gallery_65_156160.jpg
    med_gallery_65_209204.jpg

Standing

CHARACTER - Salladhor Saan - Unique - Cost: 4 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military, Intrigue - Ally. - Marshalling: Kneel Salladhor Saan to choose and discard 1 location from play.

LOCATION - Stormlands Fiefdoms - Cost: 1 - Westeros. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Stormlands Fiefdoms to lower the cost of the next House Baratheon card you play this phase by 1. - 1 Influence

Kneeling

House Power = 0
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 7

Targaryen - Sir Fabulous
    med_gallery_11_80409.jpg
    med_warlock-of-qarth-qod.jpg
    med_initiate-of-the-citadel-qod.jpg
    med_gallery_11_170623.jpg
    med_gallery_11_358153.jpgmed_gallery_11_238192.jpg

Standing

CHARACTER - Warlock of Qarth - Cost: 1 - STR: 2 - Icon: Intrigue, Power - Ally. Quartheen. - Deadly. - Response: After Warlock of Qarth comes out of Shadows, choose 1 location with a printed cost equal to or lower than the number of cards in Shadows. Return that location to its owner's hand. - Crest: Shadow

CHARACTER - Initiate of the Citadel - Cost: 2 - STR: 1 - Icon: Power - Maester. - Dominance: Kneel Initiate of the Citadel to choose a character. Return any number of attachments on that character to their owner's hands.

CHARACTER - Illyrio's Man - Cost: 1 - STR: 1 - Icon: Power - Conscriptor. - Marshalling: Kneel Illyrio's Man to lower the cost of the next House Targaryen character you play this phase by 1.

LOCATION - Eastern Fiefdoms - Cost: 1 - Free Cities. - Limited - Marshalling: Kneel Eastern Fiefdoms to lower the cost of the next Targaryen card you play this phase by 1. - 1 Influence

LOCATION - Summer Sea - Cost: 0 - Westeros. - Marshalling: Discard Summer Sea from play to reduce the cost of the next House Targaryen or House Martell character you play this phase by 2. - 1 Influence.

Kneeling

House Power = 0
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 7

stever777 on

• Options
    1. Plot
    Step 1: Choose and Reveal Plot Cards
    Each player chooses and reveals one plot card from his plot deck.
    The player with the highest total initiative (sum of your plot card’s initiative and any initiative bonuses on cards you control) wins initiative and chooses who will be the first player. He may choose himself. The first player then decides in which order the plot cards effect's are resolved.

Please select a Plot card and GIVE that card to me and we will resolve Initiative.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Zergaryen.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Just to get this out of the way now, I regret nothing

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Oh those rascally Lannisters

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Round 1 Plot Cards

Lannister - Matev
    the-art-of-seduction-lotr.jpg
    PLOT - The Art of Seduction - Inc: 3 Init: 2 Claim: 1 - When revealed, choose 1 opponent that did not reveal The Art of Seduction as his or her plot. That opponent cannot reveal a new plot card during the plot phase next round.

Stark - Phyphor
    gallery_11_347050.jpg
    PLOT - Building Season - Inc: 4 Init: 1 Claim: 1 - When revealed, choose an opponent. Then, you and that opponent must each search your decks for a location, reveal it, and put it into your hands. Then, shuffle your decks.

Baratheon - jakobagger
    gallery_65_408344.jpg
    PLOT - Feast or Famine - Inc: 0 Init: 5 Claim: 2 - When revealed, you may choose to add +6 gold to your income this marshalling phase. If you do, you cannot initiate challenges this round.

Targaryen - Sir Fabulous
    gallery_11_104011.jpg
    PLOT - Condemned by the Realm - Inc: 5 Init: 3 Claim: 1 - When revealed, choose an opponent. Then, that opponent must choose and kill a character he or she does not control, if able.

Baratheon - jakobagger wins the initiative and chooses who will be the first player. He may choose himself. He will get to choose a Title card first, but will also have to do Marshallling & Challenges first, (when defenses are still fresh), so it's kind of a mixed bag. The turn order will then proceed down the seating list, (i.e. If Targaryen is the first player, Lannister would go second, Stark would go third & Baratheon last.)

The first player will decide in which order the Plot cards effect's are resolved, which is the upcoming step.

OK, @jakobagger, who's First Player?

stever777 on

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Can the peanut gallery post commentary?

I already asked, and stever said as long as we don't become too predominant it was fine. I find it interesting that half of those are the same plots those Houses chose in round one of our game.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    If commentators could post in goldenrod, that would be sweet.

stever777 on

• Options
    It should be noted that as we learned in our game, Lannister's plot here does not remove any income/initiative/claim strength next round, it merely removes any "when revealed" effects. So if they were to choose Stark, for example, next round Stark would still have 4 income and 1 initiative, but would not get to search their deck for a location.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I would like to go first.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The first player, jakobagger, now decides in which order the Plot cards effect's are resolved.

stever777 on

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Assuming that's all the plot cards, and that I still get to choose title first: Targaryen, Stark, Lannister, Baratheon.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The Targaryens humbly request that the Starks keep them in mind as they start their new construction project.

In return, the Targaryens are willing to take care of any nasty fellows that are causing our northern friends trouble.

@Phyphor Decide who you're going to kill.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    On one hand, killing Tywin before the game starts would just be a hilarious move. On the other hand Sallador's ability has the potential to be really annoying. Convince me why I should screw the other!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Salladhor is half the strength of Tywin and thus much easier to kill by conventional means. Also, at this point if I were to use his ability I'm more interested in curtailing the zergaryen rush (so many cards) and promise your stuff is safe at the very least this round. In general, think of all the Targaryen and Lannister locations he can raid!

PS: pre-emptive strike before he can Reyne on our wedding day parade.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    Sallador can do way more damage. Tywin just gives me a couple gold to kick things off, but location destruction is just dirty. Plus, I've got nothing else in play.

I should also remind the Starks that killing our lord father will have repercussions beyond the turn, but the death of a common pirate will barely worth notice

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    No preference.

• Options
    After much deliberation and coin tossing it is decided that Salladhor shall die

Daenerys, will you build with me? For my part the Starks must always have a Godswood

• Options
    The Dothraki are simple folk. Whereas others might build fortresses or cities, we're just fine constructing a new Tent for Khal Drogo.

• Options
    Two out of three Baratheon brothers agree: enemies must be dealt with harshly and quickly. We could have been such good friends, Stark, like in the old days.

• Options
    If you had played anyone else

• Options
    Yeah, I understand. Would very likely have done the same in your position. And truth be told, I'm not the vengeful type - more Renly than Robert or Stannis.

• Options
    Peaches and all?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Lannister, then Baratheon, to resolve their Plot effects.

• Options
    We thank the Starks for their generosity. As such, Lord Tywin's....attentions shall be turned towards House Targaryen. Yes, that's right, Tywin Lannister being seductive

tumblr_mmhao9Oipk1qbf49oo1_500.gif

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I'm getting a distinct feeling of deja vu

• Options
    New game, same as the old game!

• Options
    Is that really what happened last time? We couldn't tell over our rampant awesomeness.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Tywin >> Cersei anyway!

• Options
    So that leaves @jakobagger to make his "choice"?

• Options
    Once Baratheon - jakobagger decides on his Plot, Titles can be selected.

Step 2: Select Titles
    Starting with the first player and proceeding clockwise, each player selects a title from the Small Council Chamber.

Baratheon - jakobagger
    Targaryen - Sir Fabulous
    Lannister - Matev
    Stark - Phyphor

pic1077525_lg.jpg
    pic1158227_lg.jpg

• Options
    So I'm kind of surprised Tywin didn't aim his sexy sexy wiles at Renly, because in the early game that could absolutely cripple Baratheon and force them into catch up mode the entire game. Which is not a fun place to be, in my experience.

• Options
    He probably has a two-step plan to kill my "Zergaryen" rush, and doesn't want one of the plots I have access to to negate it.

Either that or he's bad at this game.
    Hugs and kisses Matev, please be my boyfriend.

• Options
    Or it's possible that we decided that the Baratheons shouldn't be screwed out of the gate. Don't think it wasn't considered however.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Taking the money, and the regent title.

• Options
    Gonna grab that sweet, sweet Hand of the King title.