As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Okay meatbags, who wants to buddy up with me and kill things?

• Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Manotaur believes we could make a fine adventuring caravan, automaton.

Manotaur only requires you to renounce all material goods and come live in the Manocave.

Manotaur believes you and Catotaur shall be fast friends.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Why peruse premium's paltry pouch when you can instead chooose Cesare's Choice Chest, offering everything my no-good lout of a brother has and more*

You want a weapon? Our +1 Weapons will make your enemies weep!
    Aiming to acquire armor? +2 Armor aids any and all adventurers!
    Mana Potions are the perfect present for the main mage in your life!

Tell me all: do you like it? Then you should put a Draupnir's Ring on it! And unlike my brazen bum of a brother, I'm not aiming to keep you in the dark: this shining beauty will fill your pockets with even shinier... shinies!

Some come one come all to Cesare's Choice Chest, where we treat you like family... but better!

More not guaranteed. Some conditions apply. PM CesareB for details... and premium always takes the last piece of pizza. Untrustworthy!

I can't exactly renounce all material goods. I need material goods in order to buy better implements of death, to make sure I'm at my best when slaying monsters.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I'll be your huckleberry, Mill.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm awaiting the end of the class lottery to make a pitch but I am of course game to cooperate and / or doom everyone with a bad plan.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I know not of this "Mill"! I am Titanius Anglesmith, Fancy Man of Cornwood!

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm awaiting the end of the class lottery to make a pitch but I am of course game to cooperate and / or doom everyone with a bad plan.
    Bad plans? But those are the best plans!

Mill wrote: »
    I can't exactly renounce all material goods. I need material goods in order to buy better implements of death, to make sure I'm at my best when slaying monsters.

Manotaur finds your reticence disappointing but accepts your chosen lifestyle and believes it is for the best.

Manotaur's pacifistic nature would not be conducive to a productive adventuring party.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Reserve up.

Nonsense Manotaur, you can still be a productive member of an adventuring party and still be a pacifist. The trick is just learning the right trade, so that you are still contributing without having to kill things. Might I suggest being a bard or mayhaps even a cleric?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Manotaur's constant expression of counter-capitalist sentiments is downright un-adventurous. I suspect he is an NPC or monster!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited June 2013
    Manotaur's constant expression of counter-capitalist sentiments is downright un-adventurous. I suspect he is an NPC or monster!
    Manotaur sees this for the bourgeois propaganda it is.

Manotaur is a voice of the adventuring proletariat and will not be silenced.

Typhus733 on
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Manotaur sees this for the bourgeois propaganda it is.

Manotaur is a voice of the adventuring proletariat and will not be silenced.

Like hell you are. The adventuring proletariat is composed of armed vagrants and madmen in search of treasure they can steal from people with just your mindset!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    What have I done. How do I pay on my phone. This is not going to end well for me...

Guess I should try to be useful

What have I done. How do I pay on my phone. This is not going to end well for me...

Guess I should try to be useful

Phoninating is actually pretty easy with an attached keyboard and a symbol button. Dunno how I'd manage on a touchscreen keyboard, though. And yes, you should try to be useful! Mill and Assuran need support in their impending battle against cave denizens and their leader, the Manotaur.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yeah. The touch screen is gonna make this fun. Along with predictive text. If I didn't think I might Hey IV trouble for taking in code I might leave it all natural.

Did I mention phone posting while on a bus?

Yeah.

Wordy pay is the location of that dammed search thing.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I make all my phone post using a voice app.

You should clearly stop that and use autocorrect-bedeviled touchtype, it's much more amusing.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I can type bbcode by muscle memory on my phone. Too much practice.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!

Also love how it looks like my avatar is talking.

After some consideration, Titanius, I think you've got the right idea, here. Ha-haa!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Silly Aura! Manotaur is a player and therefore cannot possibly be a non-player character!

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Invictus wrote: »

Silly Aura! Manotaur is a player and therefore cannot possibly be a non-player character!

What hoo? He can be a non-player character because we're not really playing a fantasy simulation! Ha-haa!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Are you people listening to yourselves? What a buncha weirdos!

How do I get outta this chickenshit outfit?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

This would work so much better if you had a Zorak avatar again.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

All my products are 100% chickenshit free or your money back! Satisfaction guaranteed!

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I NOT SO SMART.

BUT I DO KNOW BLUE POTIONS AND SMUSHING MADE BAD PEOPLE WIN LAST TIME.

BUY BLUE POTIONS EVEN THOUGH THEY TASTE LIKE DIRT.

ALSO, I SU...SUS...SUS-PEXT THAT ROGUE PROLLY GOT HIT BY NERF BAT THIS GAME. ROGUES WERE OP.

VILLAGE NEEDS TANK AND HEALEY MANS. SUPER IMPORTANT.

Mikey CTS wrote: »

This would work so much better if you had a Zorak avatar again.

I was gonna do the guy from Aliens, but then the GIS reminded me it was Bill Paxton in that role. Boooo! Now I feel so adrift.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Silly forum. 2 unread posts isn't the same as 120 unread posts. That's just math.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    So I didnt play in the mini. If anyone who is a bit more experienced wants to be my spirit guide I am accepting invitations.

Also if you also didnt play the mini we can speculate wildly.

The was a mini? Did it have racing suppress?

Totally not fixing any tong mistakes. It's not even seven am yet. The he'll us gong on

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I never played the first one... but this is shaping up to be pretty cool. Is there a link or something to the first one so I can get an idea of what I can expect?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    WE HAD BLACKSMITH IN BAD MANS LAST GAME.

WAS MEH. NOT MAKE OR BREAK US.

STILL SUGGEST VILLAGE HAVE ONE OR TWO IN CASE WE NO WIN TALKEY MANS BIDS.

ALSO, TALKEY MANS PROBABLY ALREADY BEING BRIBED BY BAD MENS.

I STILL ATTEMPT TO GIVE SHINIES AWAY TO THEM.

I got the impression there were quite a few changes to the mechanics, so I don't know if carrying assumptions over from the mini is necessarily a good idea.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Thanks, Bedlam. I'll give it a good read tonight.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The mafia are likely going to get the merchant goods early on, due to their ability to pool their gold.

Last game that was unbalanced by them also earning more gold than anyone else but presumably ZH noted that.

liEt3nH.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I missed that game, so I intend to flail about wildly in this one and believe what everyone tells me. That should do the trick!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Also as something that I just noticed:

The description of classes heavily implies that all guards also have vote manip.

That is going to be....interesting for potential special exposure.

liEt3nH.png