Options

SE++ House of Style [fashion/beauty thread]

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    welp, i was about to come in here and ask advice on a pimple that is brewing deep in my chin because i haven't had one of these in years and years

But my face problems seem pretty insignificant now!

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Maaan

this
    I used to literally have goosebumps when I see people with a skin condition. I’d think to myself ‘Why doesn’t she see a skin doctor?’, ‘Why would anyone leave the house like that?’. Or even on a more superficial level ‘How could people leave the house without makeup?’. To me, making up is a form of respect, for the event, for the host, for the people around me.

This ordeal has shed light to the fact that actually, there could be plenty of reasons why people look… well, different. Most of the time, they didn’t choose to look like that, they were just born this way… I will learn to see more of what’s inside a person – a good nature, a pure heart, a fighter.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    welp, i was about to come in here and ask advice on a pimple that is brewing deep in my chin because i haven't had one of these in years and years

just leave it dude

just let it come and go trust me!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I was never gonna get a facial anyway because putting any sort of effort into how my skin looks is usually beyond me, but now I have an excuse.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I've always been kind of nervous about facials because I'm afraid of something like that happening!

• Options

A hot compress might bring it to a head sooner/shorten the amount of time you have to deal with it

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    peel off your face with a paring knife

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

I did that yesterday though, what do I do now???

Huntera on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

I did that yesterday though, what do I do now???

slap on a prettier face

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

Dab a bit of toothpaste on it when it comes to head. When you're at home of course.

• Options
    thanks bits. will do. luckily i'm getting a little beardy right now so it's less noticeable

interro, that's the answer you give to all my questions

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

Dab a bit of toothpaste on it when it comes to head. When you're at home of course.

So it is minty fresh??

• Options
    smof wrote: »

So it is minty fresh??

All day long!

• Options
    thanks bits. will do. luckily i'm getting a little beardy right now so it's less noticeable

kyle i can't help it if all my advice is flawless

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I am the person in the grainy black and white footage trying and failing to accomplish that simple task because I am using a bread knife

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options

kyle i can't help it if all my advice is flawless

mailing you my face as thanks for endless wealth of beauty council you so gracefully bestow upon me

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    this reminds me of that issue of preacher where the serial killer cut off the dude's face and then nailed it back on upside-down

everybody should read preacher btw

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    this reminds me of that issue of preacher where the serial killer cut off the dude's face and then nailed it back on upside-down

... how about nope

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i read the first trade of preacher

i wasn't a fan! i think ennis is better when he isn't doing the gross stuff he loves so much, Hitman's pretty great for one.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I really love the gross stuff, but I am a gross person

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    i ate icecream, I really shouldn't have.

• Options
  • Options

your desire to "nail my face", as you so lovingly put it, has taken a gruesome turn

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i had mint gelato day before yesterday that must've had liqueur in it -- just burned, and we had minty burps for awhile. the cinnamon gelato was extremely mild, in comparison.

of course i ate it all, are you crazy?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options

your desire to "nail my face", as you so lovingly put it, has taken a gruesome turn

I wish I were smooth enough to have ever used this line on you

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    tynic did you ever eat an ice cream that did not end badly

• Options
    TALENTI_Banana-Chocolate-Swirl-LG.jpg

my brother brought me this last weekend

it is deadly

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    That looks divine

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Took me a second to realize that was not a face cream.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    my tiny freezer is now full of ice creams

not sure why
    i keep buying them

• Options
    tynic did you ever eat an ice cream that did not end badly

... i'm thinking.

• Options
    StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    I've had several facials, and I've enjoyed them but I'd definitely only get them sparingly in the future.

Also several years ago, I had an infection that gave me a similar (but not as severe!) reaction like that all over my face and body. It was miserable, and I can't imagine how much worse it must be for that poor lady.

(I know the conversation has moved on, but driving and posting is usually frowned upon)

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    my tiny freezer is now full of ice creams

not sure why
    i keep buying them

my brother brought me four pints of ice creams when he came to visit!

I said "thanks for buying me all this ice cream, jeez"
    awkward silence
    me: "thanks for shoplifting all this ice cream for me"
    mike: "theeeere we go"

(my brother is an avid shoplifter/dumpster diver/anarchist, he knows this practice makes me uncomfortable)

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Got a simple maxi dress for $8. I was afraid maxi dresses might make me look short(er) and hippy but I think it's ok

Gosh I hope these aren't huge
    Kicking my leg weirdly

5F9DBEA7-F2C4-4833-9462-1481D830E20D-5404-000002E9508FF506_zps1ad513a5.jpg
    bonus pic in which I look maybe pregnant but there's a cat

60FB7A35-32C4-4571-80D5-10863EE21C20-5404-000002E972A3DBA0_zps011cbd74.jpg

• Options
    StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    That is super cute and looks great on you!

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    there's a pussy joke in there but I'm too lazy and it would have been awful anyway

• Options
    Anyone got any idea how to speed up repair of damage to nails? My thumbails recently both got peel-y and damaged at the cuticle end, a mix of working with hands and being careless. I've kept them nail polish free and the dis-colouring has gone, I just want the top layer to heal back over. Its not painful but doesn't look nice close up. I moisturise my hands and nails at night.

• Options
    TALENTI_Banana-Chocolate-Swirl-LG.jpg

my brother brought me this last weekend

it is deadly

this stuff is fucking incredible

i had a salted caramel one once that was like heaven

• Options
    Anyone got any idea how to speed up repair of damage to nails? My thumbails recently both got peel-y and damaged at the cuticle end, a mix of working with hands and being careless. I've kept them nail polish free and the dis-colouring has gone, I just want the top layer to heal back over. Its not painful but doesn't look nice close up. I moisturise my hands and nails at night.

Burt's bees cuticle cream! Solar oil is also good.

• Options
    interro the salted caramel one will be my downfall

starting to think this brand can do no wrong

kQwcZLJ.png
This discussion has been closed.