Sheri wrote: »
    poor @javen

Dan we're talking about you.

my ears are burning!

what's @javen saying about me

8->

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Hey, I'm saying its something I don't do, unlike the boy over there that you keep making moon eyes to Kate.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    poor @javen

my ears are burning!

8->

He said "where did Dan's balls go?"

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    WAKKA WAKKA

I GOT A MILLION OF EM, FOLKS

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    poor @javen

my ears are burning!

8->

He said "where did Dan's balls go?"

9Zk9JMA.gif

• Options
    WAKKA WAKKA

I GOT A MILLION OF EM, FOLKS

WgbCvV0.png

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I really should watch Adventure Time. It's on Netflix now, right?

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Dan will just reenact every episode via gifs

• Options
    DiR8VxU.png

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    GET IT

CUZ HE'S A PENIS

KR7YxJS.png
    How do I not remember this episode at all?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So, I'm in my Red, White, and Blue today.

cause it's July 4th here.

And I'm awesome.

20130704_1607131_zps13ef45eb.jpg?t=1372824801

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh I get it.

The colours on New Zealand's flag.

Good work.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Man, I'd love to get a tattoo, but I just don't think I'd be able to commit to something so permanently part of my body.

Also I have no idea what I would get or where.
    i'd been thinking about getting tattoos for 18 years before finally getting one. i've gone through the same angst of wanting the 'perfect' tattoo, my early ideas rife with symbolism and layered personal mythologies. seriously. in my mind for the longest, i'd designed a tree of life and (encircled by?) Ouroboros as a back piece, with various other intricacies i've forgotten. at least i was sensible enough to think of it as a later piece, not my first tattoo; good job, thirteen-year-old me.

i'm in a different place, and while those symbols speak to me, it's mostly of my past. i might use those at some point, but i built up tattooing as Something Important to where only perfection would do. a couple other ideas i wouldn't commit the time or money to save, and being un/der-employed... it was all excuses for stagnation. part of what actually makes me feel centered and energized is spontaneity, a certain flexibility, letting the spirit move me, action.

this is why i went and talked to a dude. we talked for about half an hour, he asked me questions and wrote down some bullet points for elements i'd like, then i left, and he went off and drew up a design for my appointment the next day. if i'd hated it, he would've reworked it, but again, spontaneity. the only change i requested was the two little spots of color -- i don't know that i would've ever come up with what he did, but he nailed my aesthetic. now, i was on a real short timeline since the both of us were only in Amsterdam for a few more days, but most people go to a tattoo artist in their city and the process can stretch out over weeks or months (or years, if there's a waiting list.) what i needed was something to break me out of overthinking.

i have acquaintances who get tattoos like postcards -- they're pretty (well, appealing to them), and that's all that's required. a part of me recoils at the thought of getting flash done, but another admires the sense of history and collection of artists these guys have had work on them. maybe one day.

it's like any life lesson: it becomes part of your fabric, and hopefully you are able to derive meaning from it, or come to a place of acceptance.
    can't do tattoos

would look too dumb with all my dumb freckles
    i don't think so!!!

a tattoo could cover or integrate or just ignore them; i have a bigass freckle abutting a delicate little line on my shoulder, but enhhhh, i'd rather have the tattoo than not. also, you could have a tattoo that plays connect-the-dots with your freckles, constellations, etc.

also omg what is with you people. first with the interior decorating, now with the tattoos, both of which have threads

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/153175/sick-tat-brah#latest

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    mully wrote: »
    you guys reminded me

i'm getting a totoro tattoo, i've decided
    i am leaning towards an upper arm sleeve

now i just have to ... design it
    bah

hey how do tattoos work on fat arms? like, if i lose weight from my arm, what happens to the tattoo. i guess just saggy? which would happen anyway because AGE.

@mully
    take balloon
    draw something on it
    deflate balloon

voila

the skin is still there
    its just either shrunk/warped or deflated/sagging
    like, you get a tattoo of a circle, after weight loss/gain it can be an oval.

if youre worried, get it somewhere where weight loss/gain isn't visible, like the shoulder blade.

also you better fucking not take my fucking totoro tattoo idea you harlot
    Its so good I'm not even telling you cause you'll snitch it

Kochikens on
  • Options
    And look.

Honestly, you should think about your first tattoo. But at the same time, you don't need to have the perfect tattoo. You need a tattoo that you are happy with for right then, which is a completely different thing.

I am 100% happy with my tattoo. But saying that it is a part of my body, and like the rest of my body I can also rapid fire out things that are wrong with it. But that's ok. Cause it's with me on this journey and I like it warts and all.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2013
    your tattoo has warts? gross.

edit: I've had the bare bones of a tat I want floating around for about a year. What I need to do now is find the time to work with a good artist and develop that into a design I'm happy with, but living in various iterations of buttfuck nowhere has made this difficult.

maybe I should just pop down to Tom's Tatoos in penryn, i mean really what could go wrong.

tynic on
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    your tattoo has warts? gross.

edit: I've had the bare bones of a tat I want floating around for about a year. What I need to do now is find the time to work with a good artist and develop that into a design I'm happy with, but living in various iterations of buttfuck nowhere has made this difficult.

maybe I should just pop down to Tom's Tatoos in penryn, i mean really what could go wrong.

cmon lets go on a tattoo vacation to eastern europe where it seems like a huge amount of amazing tattoo artists are

• Options
    yeah I need to book some serious time off, I'm accruing leave like nobody's business but I don't know when I'm going to be able to use it.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    These are some good tat points guys, thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if something appeared over the next year or so.

• Options
    yeah I need to book some serious time off, I'm accruing leave like nobody's business but I don't know when I'm going to be able to use it.

im taking 2 weeks to go somewhere big, but other than that id like to take smaller chunks and attach them to weekends. leave friday night, return thursday morning in time for work, etc etc.

• Options
    yeah my problems with short bits of leave are
    1) SO MUCH TO DO at work and
    2) I get seriously depressed here on weekends/outside of work because the place is real small and I don't have much to do. So even though I could do with a couple of mental health days here and there - or just a sleep in - taking days off usually ends up with me in a worse state than if I just went to work.

• Options
    yeah my problems with short bits of leave are
    1) SO MUCH TO DO at work and
    2) I get seriously depressed here on weekends/outside of work because the place is real small and I don't have much to do. So even though I could do with a couple of mental health days here and there - or just a sleep in - taking days off usually ends up with me in a worse state than if I just went to work.

well thats why we should fly places on the weekends!!

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Oh wise and wonderful Beauty thread, I'm changing up my look and would love some critique
    1065565_10151524839193737_258628578_o_zpsfa07147c.jpg

Somehow around 5 pairs of jeans have committed different sorts of suicide over the past two weeks, so I'm on smart black trousers for now. Which is good, because I find them super comfy.

• Options
    that's a good colour combo on you.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    What look do you want to go for Gumpy?

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »

Lookin' fine is the goal

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    really appreciate the nice clean room in the background for a change

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Oh wise and wonderful Beauty thread, I'm changing up my look and would love some critique
    1065565_10151524839193737_258628578_o_zpsfa07147c.jpg

Somehow around 5 pairs of jeans have committed different sorts of suicide over the past two weeks, so I'm on smart black trousers for now. Which is good, because I find them super comfy.

Gumpy I would like to congratulate you on having a tidy bedroom and outfit.

Unlike some people.

Pooro's sister.

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

Lookin' fine is the goal

Oh, hum, well greens and blues would look nice on you!!

All I know about men's fashion is that I think jumpers are nice.

• Options
    For a second I thought you meant jumper cables, @Liiya. That would've put you in a whole different light.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my room looks like the inside of a rotten pumpkin

• Options
    Haha practical as jumper cables are I don't reckon they're that comfy!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Also apparently your jumper is our sweater and our jumpers are these

Magus` on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    my room looks like the inside of a rotten pumpkin

really appreciated this description, real chuckle worthy stuff

• Options
    I try and run a clean ship. Room is really nice and it feels like a shame to ruffle it up? That and I wouldn't have room for my giant skull if the place was a mess.

• Options
    denihilist wrote: »
    GET IT

CUZ HE'S A PENIS

KR7YxJS.png
    How do I not remember this episode at all?

Wizards Only, Fool.

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Yeah, from Monday. Haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Still catching up from my trip.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Pfffft my room is clean!

OrokosPA.png
This discussion has been closed.