NightDragon on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Happy fourth fellow Americans!
    69FAA28B-30B1-46F2-BF69-DEF03BE99A48-50044-0000191ED0AF5BCA_zps2ddbd75c.jpg
    I don't have a future in nail art

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    this is a good page. more colorfulness please. more 4th of july themed wonderfulness please

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That silly shirt dress turned up and is weird and too big. I'll try taking it in and see how that pans out but I doubt it will ever become a wardrobe staple. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    so if anyone is curious
    i figured out where to get my necklaces
    that are just plain beads, not plastic, good quality

ebay

first i research the colour im looking for and find a stone that is the same colour
    then search that + necklace

and i end up with a bunch of not-crappy stuff

pretty cool
    so right now im bidding on a lapis lazuli necklace
    which is rad because its pretty + minecraft

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness, just googled that stone - its beautiful!!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    i always thought it was made up!

also the other night i dreamt about a bracelet that was entirely made up of tiny silver flat duck heads... i need to find that. i am sure someone has made it.

mully on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Went to the store today to buy pants for my friends' wedding on Saturaday. I tried on 8 different combinations of waist size and fit. Nothing works

And the one person who could cover my work shift tomorrow hasn't responded, so I get to drive for 5 hours in the rain at night to go to wedding dressed like a high school gym teacher at a pta meeting

Fuck. Everything.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    y'all wanna see some fashion don'ts? i kid, you don't get a choice. also, there's only one real NEGATORY, just some togs that don't fit my bits.
    jl4b.jpg
    those pants are fucking fabulous and i own them now. 1 euro.
    cute top, but look at the strain on those poor buttons. stayed there.

cupq.jpg
    sadly, these pants are wool, and while fabulous, there are also some fit issues.
    xz6p.jpg

gx1t.jpg
    yeah, this is probably intended as a shirt! givin' no fucks! is mine.

xfxt.jpg
    this citrusy combo brought to you by the letter- AHH MY EYES
    linen lime green waders. tempting, but the fit was just not right. plus, no pockets.

tuwh.jpg
    oh lord no

i got two pairs of green shorts, a stripey tank and the aforementioned items, along with a skirt and shorts for my sis. also got a kilim with a chicken on it, a pretty basket, cool knitting needle box (for sis) and case (for me) (along with some crafty supplies), books for the kidlet, jewelry, a duffle and a couple minibags for packing tomorrow. not bad for ~35 euro.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Haahahaha oh man that last one

Whoooa

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I mean you're gorgeous as always but what even IS that article of clothing

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i wasn't sure i'd be able to pick out the negatory because i can be kind of fashion dumb

i did not have a problem

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    do people that say bang on trend deserve the worst of fates

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I bought shutter shades

Not to wear mind you

Just to display

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    if you buy shutter shades and never wear them, are they truly yours

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Shit

I have no idea where my shutters are

I hope I didn't lose them

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    xz6p.jpg

Those waist and pocket details are so great. I hate it when I find a pair of pants with great details like that, and then they don't fit right. It's bothersome.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I had a coat in the exact colour and material of those trousers!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I'm weirded out by Pooka's phone taking pictures rotated 90° to its orientation.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Okay, feeling less weird now.

• Options
    Nope, back again.

• Options
    i don't understand why so many designers feel compelled to put pockets on boobs

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    pooka you're ridiculously pretty

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    mully wrote: »
    i don't understand why so many designers feel compelled to put pockets on boobs

As much as people grab them, perhaps designers thought they could grab back a bit?

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    i think it was made for a girl with a longer torso and smaller chest than myself; see how it's pulled up to my armpits, and yet the waist still seems low. it would look adorbs and girlish on that girl, but not. me.

@lost salient
    i tried to make it work. yeah, no.
    5g0f.jpg

swords, i thought about just doing a tight crop of my face in the last post, grainy and scary-eyed, but didn't want to subject the thread to that. so you get (non-GG or Futore) smarm in a bowtie.
    Gatsby's too pretty to smarm, don't start.
    7a13.jpg

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Too pretty to smarm?

I am flattered but I feel a challenge arising...

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yes yes do it

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    I'm at a July 4th party and everyone has red/white/blue themed outfits, flags, etc

my shirt selection process today was "that looks like it would be cool in hot weather and works with these shorts"

it's a red/white/blue plaid

am I... am I fashion subconscious???

sig.png
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Thanks Obama

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    The only red and white clothing I have is an IWW hat.

• Options
    @pooka so you say I'm too pretty to smarm
    IMG_6935_zpsd39f049e.jpg

I channelled all the smarm here
    IMG_6934_zpse535a3bf.jpg

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Can I marry this man? Please?

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Can I marry this man? Please?

Ask him?

sig.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Living together for a while to smooth out any bumps will probably make the first couple of years of marriage go a bit easier.

• Options
    Yup, HB and have agreed to wait until we've moved out together, lived with each other for a bit, and gotten jobs before popping the question

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Worked so far for me and @stareosarus!

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    i think it was made for a girl with a longer torso and smaller chest than myself; see how it's pulled up to my armpits, and yet the waist still seems low. it would look adorbs and girlish on that girl, but not. me.

@lost salient
    i tried to make it work. yeah, no.
    5g0f.jpg

swords, i thought about just doing a tight crop of my face in the last post, grainy and scary-eyed, but didn't want to subject the thread to that. so you get (non-GG or Futore) smarm in a bowtie.
    Gatsby's too pretty to smarm, don't start.
    7a13.jpg

you look like emmy rossum

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Living together for a while to smooth out any bumps will probably make the first couple of years of marriage go a bit easier.

Chris, for reference, has lived with his girlfriend for more than ten years.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Chris, for reference, has lived with his girlfriend for more than ten years.

My wife moved in with me pretty quickly (after about 6-8 months?) but then we lived together for about three years before I asked her to marry me. I think it really helped us since we haven't had any real problems!

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.