Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - A Kick in the Pants

• DevoninDevonin Registered User regular
    Just a reminder to everyone. Do not stay up late tonight waiting for the episode. There is no episode. No amount of F5 will change this.

AzaminoTheAngryGazebo
  • miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    maybe if i hit f5 repeatedly it will come out, you never know, : ) but in the meantime I can work on comics more : )

• ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    It sucks. I'm back to making normal not-from-a-wastebasket comics now...

Until I build my own wastebasket...

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
    TheAngryGazebo
  • Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    goggles_zps34cda0c2.jpg

seegruSpman2099stoleeAngry_Samoan
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Weaselsoup wrote: »
    Graham Stark ‏@Graham_LRR 8 Jun
    @esadsad @AbbyHoward Maki’s cat was, in his OWN WORDS, a huge dick.
    That's like a species trait.

walrus.png
  • parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    It took me a depressingly long time to realize that Graham meant in Maki's own words.

makitoriwahay
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    mcp wrote: »
    That's like a species trait.

Which underscores just how much of dick this particular member is

Twenty Sided on
  • seegruseegru Master of None St. PaulRegistered User regular
    AAAGGGHHH! It's not time!

• makitorimakitori Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Re: My cat. It's not my cat, it's my roommate's cat, and he's a big grouchy stupid pants.

The footage I sent in of him involved me saying hello, calling him a dick, and being attacked. It was comedy gold, honestly.

HanClintoMKF36EzerzhulmiaAusaDark Raven XMsDalfoPavio
  • MKF36EMKF36E Untitled EarthRegistered User regular
    That feeling, after forgetting, wandering in the wasteland that is a Tuesday without strip search. . .

seegrumiaAusa
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X The woods are lovely dark and deepRegistered User regular
    Maki or Graham, give us this huge dick cat video in lieu of today's Strip Search!

And miles to go before I sleep.
    parmeisaneaglTheAngryGazeboHanClinto
    makitori wrote: »
    Re: My cat. It's not my cat, it's my roommate's cat, and he's a big grouchy stupid pants.

The footage I sent in of him involved me saying hello, calling him a dick, and being attacked. It was comedy gold, honestly.

WHY DID WE NOT SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sad now, I wish there was a strip search on today, but I guess I can play more around with my wastebasket program and make it more fun to feel like Strip Search

• FrodoLivesFrodoLives Registered User regular
    This has been a good opportunity to visit the artists websites and enjoy their art. Thank you Tavis, Maki and Katie for the volume and variety of your work.

You guys are not doing a very good job of entertaining me during this dearth of Strip Search. There were only 11 posts yesterday, albeit Stripper posts count for like 10. Anyway, we need something interesting up ins! (Did I at least teach anybody a new word just now?)

Maybe some analysis of this would hit the spot: http://penny-arcade.com/uploads/patv/ss/hero/hero_finale.jpg

Sad how everybody but Mac gets included there. And everybody else but Katie gets a decent-sized shot. Are there hints that can be gleamed from this? Well, of the final three, Maki is the only one shown celebrating! And Katie the only one not there twice. Clearly that tells us some things.

Okay, I know darn well it doesn't. Anybody got anything better?

parmeisan wrote: »
    You guys are not doing a very good job of entertaining me during this dearth of Strip Search.

Okay, I know darn well it doesn't. Anybody got anything better?

withdrawal.jpg

parmeisanmiaAusazerzhulTheAngryGazebomadfigsAngry_SamoanfullofgracestoleeArbitraryDescriptor
  • VyktalVyktal Registered User new member

I've watched very few reality tv shows in my time, but the people and 'Elimination' episodes of Strip Search have been an absolute pleasure to watch. I'm very much looking forward to the finale, and the chance to read the new comics of each of the artists.

Funnily enough, based on the quick overview of each of their comics, I think I'm most excited to see Abby's (despite being a Katie/Maki fan all along). The group shot of her characters was so striking and twisted (a personal appeal) that I look forward to reading the story!

My Strip Search Stalker Score (or SSSS (tm)) is about 47 (I made some judgement calls on what counted or didn't). It would be much higher if I was on Twitter.

Thanks for that, it provided much amusement. :D

miaAusa
    I think I've done almost everything on there, I even made my own Strip Search Custom Word Generator Program I am a super fan, this is how I pretend to be on Strip Search.

This is awesome BTW, I guess I haven't made an Infographic about SS, sorta with my Tool, I would of bought tickets to the finale if I was closer, I haven't given them all money yet, some though Advertising, I guess you could add that to the ones that you can advertise with, heh. Funny how I've practically done everything on there, lol, awesome graphic.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I note that you have tactfully declined to include a box for "hustlin'/double-sided dildo".

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    miaAusa
  • WeaselsoupWeaselsoup Registered User regular
    Or 'counted virginities'

• abbyhowardabbyhoward Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Guys make more posts, lurking is no fun when nothing is happening

SegmiaAusaAnana11PavioxThanatoSxKalynarAzaminolamelama22
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    abbyhoward wrote: »

Sorry, I only have like..a few minutes:

@abbyhoward
    Attack on Tangent:
    Attack+on+tangent.png

g1xfUKU.png?1
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    LexxyDark Raven XRuby Rhod
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Please don't tell Kris Straub i made a mash-up.

g1xfUKU.png?1
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    ahdok
  • chromdomchromdom That One Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    @abbyhoward Does it help to bask in your internet fame?

Oh ya, I still give him some, just he goes savage on it, doesn't with any other food, little cannibal
  • Anana11Anana11 Registered User regular
    Question of the evening:
    Which stripper would make the best giant movie monster, a la Mothra or Godzirra?
    (Clearly the BeardWall is already a giant superhero who would battle the giant movie monster stripper.)

Metal clad Abby stomping down a building canyon roaring "SCREE!" and setting things on fire with jets of flame.
    Movie monster Katie would be tiptoeing around the city and accidentally knocking things over with her tail.

Eh, they're all too nice to be movie monsters. Oh well.

abbyhoward wrote: »
    i have become in love with your tangents since strip search started, and your humor is unique i love it.

Also more fun combos from my Waste Basket App, I need to work on it more I think I might have an update soon while we wait for more Strip Search with the known only 20 words there's only 400 combos but it is still fun, I need to make a separate redraw Waste Basket Soon

Space Dinosaurs, Mermaid Cars, Naughty Table Tennis : D

edited June 2013
    More posts?

I suppose I could give an update on Home-Edition 10. (yeah, I'm like, totally doing this.)

1) I spent the first half of this week deciding if I wanted to try out the Home Edition of the Finale challenge. I'm not sure if I should count the debate whether or not to do this against my time allowance, given that it's not really doing any work on the comic.

2) Logistically, I was planning to start a big project in July. I've decided to kick that back to mid August (and extend the writing time) to fit this in.

3) I've had an idea in my head that I wanted to do for, like a year now. This can be my kick in the pants, so I'm going with it.

4) Worked out the pacing, the overview, the jokes and the characters. Started storyboarding, expect storyboards to be done today.

5) I have done a couple of comics with the characters I plan to use before, but they're not really canon.

6) Figured out in my head what the T-shirt design should be. Now I want the T-shirt.

7) I updated my main comic buffer to have two comics in it. This is, like, a new record for me. Friday's comic is the worst joke I've ever written.

8) Played a lot of Awesomenauts. Skoldir is OP.

9) Decided it was a terrible idea to do this 6-comics project in parallel to producing two comics a week. Decided not to care about that.

10) Mused about Stripsearch a bit. Decided that pointing out that "redraw tickets must be really good, you can tell because all the finalists had redraw tickets, and all the eliminated people didn't" would unnecessarily inflame the people who think redraw tickets suck. Also, It would be difficult to convey the tone "I don't actually believe this is a valid argument, I'm just being comedic" over the internet.

11) Realised that strip 1 has some insanely detailed background images in it, and that this is coupled with my lack of ability to draw backgrounds. Ho hum.

12) Decided that 6 strips is the best thing ever - the biggest problem i had with getting this comic going was that I was trying to explain this stuff in 50 strups. I can do it in 3 if I focus on what really matters, then spend the other 3 having fun with my idea.

Overall.
    I don't think I've done enough this week to meet targets, especially as I'm helping to run a 500-person LARP event this weekend. Still, storyboarding always takes longer than I think, and having that done in week 1 means I'm not so far behind. Need to step up my game next week.

Here's my favourite character design of the ones I've got so far (this is an old image).

summer.jpg

ahdok on
    Azamino
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Anyone can take 90 minutes and do a Thunderdome. I can't draw for shit and I did one.

Attempting Ultimate Thunderdome, though? (As that is my name for it.) That deserves a whole truckload of respect. That's a place I can't follow.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    500 people? Nice. I played one with 100 once and that was abnormal. Normally like 15-20. I think we do it different from other places though. It's more like one evening a month and less of a day-long Event which I think must be what you do.

Keep us updated on your progress, though! Maybe the admins will make us an "Aftermath" thread where we can talk about stuff like that, and what the Strippers are doing next. That'd be cool.

500 people? Nice. I played one with 100 once and that was abnormal. Normally like 15-20. I think we do it different from other places though. It's more like one evening a month and less of a day-long Event which I think must be what you do.

Keep us updated on your progress, though! Maybe the admins will make us an "Aftermath" thread where we can talk about stuff like that, and what the Strippers are doing next. That'd be cool.

Apparently, this.

edited June 2013
    It's more like one evening a month and less of a day-long Event which I think must be what you do.

Time-in is 6pm on Friday. Time-out is 1pm on Sunday... so this is a short event - only 43 hours. :)

Some of these people are fighting. One is talking to base on his radio.

So yeah. Not much work over the weekend.

ahdok on
  • Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    ahdok wrote: »
    It's more like one evening a month and less of a day-long Event which I think must be what you do.

Time-in is 6pm on Friday. Time-out is 1pm on Sunday... so this is a short event - only 43 hours. :)

Some of these people are fighting. One is talking to base on his radio.

So yeah. Not much work over the weekend.

How the fuckballs do you keep track of what's going on?

How many hours minutes, seconds, femtoseconds, picoseconds, until the premiere of finale part one?

• eagleagl Registered User regular
    It's midnight in some places already and its not up. I don't think they HAVE a show and are afraid to tell us. Maybe Maki's "not my cat" ate it. Or it got stolen with the NSA thumbdrive leak.

Thanks PRISM.

ahdok
    Hm. For the first time, I seem to still be up at midnight my time (or almost). But it's another hour yet until midnight in Seattle, and they probably won't get it up right away (that's what she said). So I might as well get to bed.

I'm itching to talk more LARP, but I'd hate to get in trouble for derailing the thread. Maybe I'll PM you tomorrow. Or maybe I'll be too excited about the new episode. Guess we'll find out.

Goodnight everyone! See you on the flip side!

• Anana11Anana11 Registered User regular
    Tappety tap...
    Tappety tap...
    Tappety tap...
    [/fingertips on the desk]

DruzilSupreme
  • TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
    Team Tangent wins! How do I know, you ask? I don't but you believed me didn't you. Proof she wins. Checkmate Makiests and Katinostics.

edited June 2013
    "MAKE ME RICH WHAMMIES YOU CAN DROP DEAD STOP!"
    "We have something very special for you, a Cintiq HD courtesy of our friends at Wacom."
    "Sing me a song."
    "Who would ever hurt a Whaaaaammyyyyyyy, who would ever want OW!"
    "$5739 and Cheryl's positioned to win the gaaaoooooooohhh."
    "I'm sorry, but you're also not the strip we're searching for."
    "Hasta luego, arrivaderci, bon voyage, that means goodbye...."
    "No whammies STOP!" "Stop at Big Bucks! $4,000 and a spin!"
    "Kaaaaaaaa-CHING!"
    "STOP! No! No, no, no!"
    "I... broke the barrier wall... I went right through it..."
    "Come on, give me some big bucks and STOP!" "Stop at Paris! That trip to Paris, Andrew, has a value of $2,518, and you're shy by three dollars! Nina Jo, you won the game!"
    "I won! Fuck! I won! How did that happen?"

Tonight, THESE three players are after BIIIIIIIIIIIG Bucks! But they'll have to avoid the Smoothie, as they play the most exciting game of their lives! From Penny Arcade studios in Seattle, it's time to Search Your Strip!

...no, wait, that's terrible.
    Yes, I used actual Press your Luck intro sequences for that.

Gosling on
  • Angry_SamoanAngry_Samoan Now with 20% more mange... Registered User regular
    And so the F5 ritual begins anew...

"The history of all sports is to cheat whenever possible."- Tony Kornheiser