As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mirror's Edge 2 | Gamespot CE Comes With a Free Copy of Not the Game

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Still Alive was really cool in the trailers and commercials (especially with the big instrumental swell towards the end of trailers), but listening to it outside of that context I thought it felt flat

I would listen to this just rolling around in my car

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The full song isn't as cool as the snippets they used in trailers. I still have it on one of my Spotift playlists though.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    That's true for a lot of songs; the snippets that get used normally are the best part/are enhanced by the bit they're paired to.

So maybe we'll get a snippet of Warning Call and it'll be elevated!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    That's true for a lot of songs; the snippets that use normally are the best part/are enhanced by the bit their paired to.

So maybe we'll get a snippet of Warning Call and it'll be elevated!

They also did a bunch of covers, didn't they?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    yeah, i liked some of the remixes of still alive more than the original.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Cover, remix; tomato, tomato

• Options
    A cover implies the same song performed by a different band, and a remix is the same song but sampled and rearranged. You can remix you own song, but not cover it

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    A cover implies the same song performed by a different band, and a remix is the same song but sampled and rearranged. You can remix you own song, but not cover it
    http://www.avclub.com/video/barenaked-ladies-cover-themselves-undercover-bonus-232034

• Options
    Doing a slightly different version I don't think counts

Like, is an acoustic version a cover?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So this game gets released June 7 which is the week for E3 if I'm on schedule.

That would be a perfect time for...wait for it...

Marketing Synergy.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

That is a horrible remix of Still Alive (to me). It could be worse, but they're working toward it. But then I hate most remixes.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does the difficulty setting for Mirror's Edge affect anything but the combat? I'm playing through it, and those parts are kinda tedious.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Does the difficulty setting for Mirror's Edge affect anything but the combat? I'm playing through it, and those parts are kinda tedious.

i think on max difficulty u cant have runner vision too

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Can I put it on the lowest difficulty and turn off runner vision? I guess I can try that later and find out.

Will that make timers last longer, etc? That'd be lame.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

Can I put it on the lowest difficulty and turn off runner vision? I guess I can try that later and find out.

Will that make timers last longer, etc? That'd be lame.

u can indeed toggle it off

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Say, was there anything about PhysX in Catalyst? I'm replaying the first one, on AMD now, and it looks so empty without all the silly effects. Especially the parts with the scaffolding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoldenbarqsGoldenbarqs Registered User regular
    TRY MIRROR’S EDGE™ CATALYST EARLY WITH EA ACCESS AND ORIGIN ACCESS

If you have Origin or EA Access, you get six hours of playtime and ten different missions + freeroam (two districts). So kind of like a time-limited open beta (ten missions, if they're including side missions, sounds about like what the beta had. Maybe +-2?). Save carries over to retail release.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I am tempted to get EA Access just to get another hit of that sweet, sweet Mirror's Edge 2.

I know I can wait, I know I SHOULD wait, but that game was so smooth.

• Options
    I figure if I'm downloading it digitally anyway, might as well do the month of EA Access for $4.99, and then use the 10% discount it gives me on EA titles to grab Mirror's Edge. Basically pays for itself, cancel it after the first month, and get to play Mirror's Edge a week early. I need to double check and make sure I'm understanding it correctly as far as where I have to buy it from, but I assume it's just through the Xbox Marketplace.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I figure if I'm downloading it digitally anyway, might as well do the month of EA Access for $4.99, and then use the 10% discount it gives me on EA titles to grab Mirror's Edge. Basically pays for itself, cancel it after the first month, and get to play Mirror's Edge a week early. I need to double check and make sure I'm understanding it correctly as far as where I have to buy it from, but I assume it's just through the Xbox Marketplace.

I have heard legends that cancelling EA Access is much easier said than done.

• Options

INJECT IT DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

I have heard legends that cancelling EA Access is much easier said than done.

I may be wrong, but for me it was listed under my Subscriptions page on the Xbone, and had the option to cancel right there.

• Options
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the trial. Combat is way more fun than it was last time.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I really hope it's good

I'm starting to get nervous that it won't be

I wanted a sequel for so long and if it ends up underwhelming it would just be the cruelest trick

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I really hope it's good

I'm starting to get nervous that it won't be

I wanted a sequel for so long and if it ends up underwhelming it would just be the cruelest trick

I was just about to pre-order it the other day, but then the thought crossed my mind that Catalyst might actually not be awesome.

Hopefully it's awesome.

• Options
    I am considering holding off playing it until I can do it in vr.. omg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    i too have been playing it with EA Access and while there are a couple of annoyances, when I'm just in the zone running some sweet parkour I just feel really happy to be able to do it again. Obviously we'll see how the full game goes but I will say so far a tentative thumbs up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I never finished the 1st game (I think I got about 3/4ths of the way through), but the one thing that really stood out to me was the aesthetic. A gleaming city of white, with bold splashes of color. I really really hope the new game has the same*

*I've gone into a self-imposed blackout since some of the early trailers for the sequel/prequel.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    There's no awesome pre-order messenger bag for the sequel like there was for the original, is there? I loved that bag to death (literally; it eventually disintegrated).

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    There's no awesome pre-order messenger bag for the sequel like there was for the original, is there? I loved that bag to death (literally; it eventually disintegrated).

Sadly, no. I cannot find a single vendor that has a preorder incentive other than in-game Speed/Combat runner kits.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I still use my Mirror's Edge bag

Easily the best preorder bonus ever

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Sadly, no. I cannot find a single vendor that has a preorder incentive other than in-game Speed/Combat runner kits.

Target apparently is giving out a comic & poster with the game. but that's not very compelling when amazon/best buy have it $12 cheaper

edit: and even if they turn out to be pretty cool, target will prob sell them to you for <$5 anyway

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I accidentally didn't preorder when I thought I had and couldn't get the bag, and it is still my greatest gaming regret.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

It's ~30/year, and I consider that a decent sum for a combined 10% discount on all EA and getting to try darn near everything before splashing out on it. Vault access is in the "eh, whatever" category.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

I accidentally didn't preorder when I thought I had and couldn't get the bag, and it is still my greatest gaming regret.

I did preorder, but since it was online, gamestop didn't ship it. I'm still kinda annoyed over that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Target apparently is giving out a comic & poster with the game. but that's not very compelling when amazon/best buy have it $12 cheaper

edit: and even if they turn out to be pretty cool, target will prob sell them to you for <$5 anyway

Their ad says "$5.99" value, so I'm assuming that's the price without the game.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

I did preorder, but since it was online, gamestop didn't ship it. I'm still kinda annoyed over that

Me too!

I haven't shopped at Gamestop since.

• Options
    This got a 6.8 from IGN :(

I'm scared to see other reviews pour in