As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division] Re-industrializing Manhatten one gun at a time. Releasing March 8th 2016.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Yeah a shame that stuff wasn't just skins or something, especially the backpacks.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Custom Special
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ugh. decided to just solo the stupid mission and then my game dced halfway through because lol. sigh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    SMG + Marksman Rifle is civilization I will fight you.

Also, Pulse is easily the best skill. To the point where I will switch to it if I don't see anyone else on my squad using it.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the national guard pack was sweet looking, just a big hefty pack. Then again it also had like 80 armor, so I used it for a good long time.

I do like the game warns you you have old gear on, though I'm like "Well drop me a better one mother fucker!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    DecoyHeroth
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah the national guard pack was sweet looking, just a big hefty pack. Then again it also had like 80 armor, so I used it for a good long time.

I do like the game warns you you have old gear on, though I'm like "Well drop me a better one mother fucker!"

Eeyup, I'm the same way. The reason why I still use a level 5 sidearm is because the game hasn't dropped anything that'll beat 3000+ damage potential per shot (seriously, the Defiler sidearm shotgun is disgusting).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Hoping that there are other sidearm shotguns, it'd be dumb if it was actually an exclusive thing to the Gold Edition(or is it Season Pass?)

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Panda4You
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Season Pass.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    What's weird is I got the gold edition, didn't get that shotgun!

I do like how side arms having infinite ammo, lead them to being your back up piece instead of like some super powerful melee attack. If anything melee gets your ass killed. Only thing its good for is finishing downed agents up close in the dark zone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Hoping that there are other sidearm shotguns, it'd be dumb if it was actually an exclusive thing to the Gold Edition(or is it Season Pass?)

There are generic double barrel shotgun sidearms, I got a blue level 14 one as a random drop in the DZ.

Sirialis
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I like sidearms. I need a stronger one. JUST POW POW POW POW POW POW.

I wonder if the +N damage perk stacks with the +100% damage to targets under 30% life... have to check.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'm just glad we get a new thread. Someone will need to throw it up soon. This operation can be called......... The Manhatten Project

Edit: Also, as a note: I grabbed all of the clothing items from the reward vendor and tried on the different cosmetic sets... They're neat, but going that route completely removes the fun of finding new, individual cosmetic items, so... I ended up going back to non-themed, inconsistent pieces of clothing after a little while.

Edit2: Also, is there any way to delete cosmetic items, so that the list doesn't become an overlong mess?

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    edited March 2016
    I do like how pistols all have the extra damage to enemies almost dead perk, helps augment their place in your kit as the finisher.

I wonder if that bonus is active on players in the DZ when they are downed?

1911 pistol for me, stopping power, reload, and distance. Plus I get to feel like Liam Neeson.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I'm just glad we get a new thread. Someone will need to throw it up soon. This operation can be called......... The Manhatten Project

Also to keep the sign up sheet in.

What is this I don't even.
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I didn't get a shotgun sidearm. What shotgun sidearm

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Finally gave in and downloading via uPlay now. Do uPlay friends work, or does The Division have an ingame list you use? (Sniperguy710 on uplay if anyone needs more buddies. My list is literally empty there)

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Maybe I don't get the DZ, but this seems like complete armageddon even on the lowest level. Waiting for the heli with like 6 people, one tore me up, and then they aaaaall became red while I bleed out. And I get pinged for dropping the item :/

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    DZ is suppose to be a non stop mexican stand off. I personally love it, but I can see why it's too stressful.

PreacherA Dabble Of TheloniuscB557
    DZ is suppose to be a non stop mexican stand off. I personally love it, but I can see why it's too stressful.

Oh god every extraction with a lone dude with no yellow hanging from his back. SO STRESSFUL!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    A Dabble Of Thelonius
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    You can just kill him.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Getting in a pack and hunting down rogue agents is my new favorite videogame thing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    RisenPhoenixydejin
  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Getting in a pack and hunting down rogue agents is my new favorite videogame thing.

The JUSTICE BONER is firm, and demands satiation. I'm waiting for the eventual Rogue Group who make it their job to kill everyone else in the DZ - and then forming the PA squad that hunts them to the ends of the earth.

A Dabble Of Thelonius
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I was mostly just confused because of how er'body went rogue on me, but it went better the second time.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Edit: Also, as a note: I grabbed all of the clothing items from the reward vendor and tried on the different cosmetic sets... They're neat, but going that route completely removes the fun of finding new, individual cosmetic items, so... I ended up going back to non-themed, inconsistent pieces of clothing after a little while.

Edit2: Also, is there any way to delete cosmetic items, so that the list doesn't become an overlong mess?

Assuming you can sell them in the store?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    wow 3 fights in the DZ im already dz level 7,
    I think Ubisoft paid attention to when Beta testers said for more npcs to be in the DZ, because theres loads of them now, and there more challenging than they were,

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Crafted an M60 and slapped a +39% magazine size mod on it.

4sle82.jpg

ErevarjdarksunGONG-00CroakerShadowfireydejinImperfect3lwap0
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My one disappointment is that even the bushiest beard is still reasonably tame.

I want a foot long survivor man beard. I'm living out here scrounging on the streets, I ain't got time to shave!

CabezoneSeidkonaDecoyHermano
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Also I want paying attention and exited the DZ into East Mountbatten instead of West.

And was immediately sniped

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Tactical Link and Tactical Scanner Modded Pulse... man, its just LOLZ.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    My one disappointment is that even the bushiest beard is still reasonably tame.

I want a foot long survivor man beard. I'm living out here scrounging on the streets, I ain't got time to shave!

I was annoyed that both of the last two options are poorly trimmed with neckbeards. I wanted a mid length, well trimmed beard.

What is this I don't even.
    Shadowfire
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Also I want paying attention and exited the DZ into East Mountbatten instead of West.

By an NPC?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    A Dabble Of TheloniusDecoy
  • CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Dinged 30.

I still have three zones worth of side activities untouched.

The last few missions in this were just excellent. Now onto finishing out my wings and heading into the DZ.

Decoy
    Hopped into the DZ at level 20 and man I don't have enough ammo to take on 3-4 NPCs at once.

darkmayo wrote: »

By an NPC?

Ayup

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So the clothes shop also sells gun skin mods, which are actual mods that you can put into your stash and not like general appearance items which are shared over all accounts.

This was the one in my store today (you have to buy it in order to able to see it):
    76tespudls9u.jpg

I need that, it looks more or less what I was going for, the only gun skin I have is that ugly ass Uplay one Spray Stribes - Urban Snow which I see you also have.
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Also the talent for head shot pulses? Fucking amaze balls, its not even head shot kills, its just head shots, so you can ping a dude in the face and then find his bros.

So thats what it does, I just got that before going to bed yesterday and wasnt sure what they meant by "Pulse"

I played around with the Support Medkit Box...? I dont know what its name is, upgraded it to give both health and ammo at the same time, it also has a huge area it affects, so now I can stay in one place and both selfheal and have infinite ammo.

The normal Medkit skill looks underwhelming compared, I didnt get any upgrades for it yet though.

I liked the normal heal better, it recharges faster and gives you a damage resist and boost. Where as I used the ammo skill in times square and didn't feel I was getting any bullets.

I figured it would probably become pretty useful later on, I was comparing a non upgraded Medkit to the upgraded Medkit box thing so not surprising.

I find myself running low on ammo sometimes, so thats a cool thing from the medkit box, I dont remember having troubles with it giving ammo though.

I think my issue with the ammo thing is I believe its just for your primary which I have my shotgun in, but where I run out of bullets is my marksman rifle.

I was also doing time square with 4 people, so running out of bullets is kind of to be expected.

The support medkit with ammo is actually pretty great. It doesn't give you ammo, but you will not use any ammo when you reload while in it's radius.

It is great because it greatly decreases skill cooldown for everyone in the radius as well, besides healing.

And yes, the M60 works like an AR, it's pretty easy to keep stable, and the armor damage bonus is always welcome.

Fsmith and I are at level 21, we want to get to 24 and then hit up the DZ, you should add me on Uplay: if you want to join us. We've been doing pretty well in the DZ, but we got ganked hard in DZ03 by a couple of dedicated lv 24 rogues.

A duck! on
    Decoy
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    This is kind of hilarious. The One is None talent has a chance to not consume ammo on a headshot. In this game, it counts each pellet as a shot. Which means a shotgun with this talent is pretty beasty when played at close range. I wonder if it also falls into a lot of traps like in other games where it applies damage boosts onto each pellet, rather than dividing amongst them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHG_5K88es&feature=youtu.be

El MuchoSatsumomocB557SpectrumPanda4You
    X = auto-walk, then tap shift to sprint

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLX39q6OXDY

Satsumomojdarksun
    He does sell that lie about purple rarity for finishing all tasks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Here's something I was wondering: If a lower level friend creates a mission and then you join halfway with a higher level, does it alter the levels going forward? Haven't seen anywhere whether levels are set in stone at creation of the instance or not.

My brother started a mission on hard and came up against the first wave of enemies and they were his level.

Then I joined and the enemy level jumped up to mine.

So yeah, the levels get altered on the fly based on current team levels.

Sirialis
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    It's true that you do get blueprints for finishing all tasks, you can see them as a reward for completing the 'return to XX' missions. I got blue quality blueprints when I completed all tasks in the <level 6 areas.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    UPS decided to finally show up with The Division tonight. I am almost done downloading the update.

I suppose I might actually get to play this tonight!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.