As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division] Re-industrializing Manhatten one gun at a time. Releasing March 8th 2016.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I'm not saying aliens...

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »
    What happened to that other Tom Clancy game, Rainbow Six: Patriots(?)

Last word was it was getting getting drastically retooled.

If they got rid of the domestic terrorist plot I would be so irritated.

Gotta have brown terrorists

I don't know...with the way things are looking we might be going back to the tried and true Russian soon enough.

Hey Russia,

I know we've had some rough times in the past. You said some things, I said some things, we've both said some things that we didn't really mean. Ever since Perestroika, I thought I'd be done with you. You broke up, said you changed, and I believed you. But see, back then, I couldn't really accept it. I had to see new things, see new people. I thought you weren't the same anymore...

But I was wrong. This whole War on Terror thing really isn't working out like I thought it'd be. Turns out I need a big, giant, monolithic adversary to really get my F-35s going, and woman do you look great shaking those Krivaks around, good god. You brought something in me that I haven't felt in decades.

What I'm saying, Russia, is that is that I finally realize that you were the only one for me.

Be mine, once again, and forever.

Love,
    The United States

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

I don't know...with the way things are looking we might be going back to the tried and true Russian soon enough.

Hey Russia,

I know we've had some rough times in the past. You said some things, I said some things, we've both said some things that we didn't really mean. Ever since Perestroika, I thought I'd be done with you. You broke up, said you changed, and I believed you. But see, back then, I couldn't really accept it. I had to see new things, see new people. I thought you weren't the same anymore...

But I was wrong. This whole War on Terror thing really isn't working out like I thought it'd be. Turns out I need a big, giant, monolithic adversary to really get my F-35s going, and woman do you look great shaking those Krivaks around, good god. You brought something in me that I haven't felt in decades.

What I'm saying, Russia, is that is that I finally realize that you were the only one for me.

Love,
    The United States

Would 'Awesome'-ing this be in bad taste?

newSig.jpg
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    PRAISE BE TO THE SNOWDROP ENGINE

That burning building at the 1:40 mark is stunning

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »

Hey Russia,

Love,
    The United States

Would 'Awesome'-ing this be in bad taste?
    Didn't stop me.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »

That looks so good !

The development stuff was interesting, too - that engine looks so powerful. The part where was stretching a building into a new shape was impressive.

I do wonder how this will run on the ps4 though. I think PC will be the way to go.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

That looks so good !

The development stuff was interesting, too - that engine looks so powerful. The part where was stretching a building into a new shape was impressive.

I do wonder how this will run on the ps4 though. I think PC will be the way to go.

Ubisoft are very console focused so i wouldn't worry about how this will run on the PS4.

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »

That looks so good !

Ubisoft are very console focused so i wouldn't worry about how this will run on the PS4.
    Also the PS4 is basically a PC anyway so I wouldn't really worry about either platform.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
    edited June 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ZCzewxFP0

A teaser for an E3 trailer. :|

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ZCzewxFP0

A teaser from an E3 trailer. :|

That might just be the lamest teaser I've ever seen.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    to be fair, it is giving details on an event. Ubi's conference and a live Q&A later in the day, i'd say its worth getting the word out for those.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    This game is looking pretty cool...except for the RPG damage system for the guns.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Looks good, but man, who the hell talks like that while playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klcLTERsfVU

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Professional voice actors reading from a script are the chief audience of UbiSoft games I think.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    To be fair, I'd rather listen to Ubisoft's idealized gamers portrayed by actors than actual in game chatter that usually centers around other people's moms and homosexuals.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah, the voice actors are cheesy but they fit in with the proof of concept sort of trailers Ubi's being doing recently.

It looked boring.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    These demos look like the most awesome thing. I'm not a huuuuge 3rd person cover fan, but this looks super fun with a couple friends.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    edited June 2014
    If they bring back Stockade Ubi has my monies.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• ArasenArasen Registered User regular
    It's making a strong case for my most anticipated game, really like the co-op focus mixed with a more methodical pace compared to something like borderlands. Just wondering how much of the game could be enjoyed solo as every demo has been completely multiplayer focused. Just really hope Ubisoft doesn't over promise and over market this like they did Watch Dogs. Fun as it was, felt like there was nothing new to discover once the game was released. Almost every feature had been put into one preview or another, then again maybe I just need to exercise some willpower and not check all the coverage.

[SIGPIC]steam_sig.png[/SIGPIC]
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

For the first two minutes (until "I brought Chris") I didn't even realize they meant that to be the actual voices of the people playing, I thought it was just supposed to be the dialogue of the characters in the game.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    It looked boring.
    Yeah I mean it basically looks like a 3rd person shooter MMO. Pick up quests, walk around the overworld, use various skills on groups of enemies, kite the mobs, kill the miniboss... I mean not like that's a horrible idea or something but it just doesn't excite me.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Hoping there is some PVP in the world.

Hoping there is some PVP in the world.

They showed some stuff where you fight off other players while you wait for extraction.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Being a while since I did reading but I think the PVP plan is either a per server basis or a matter of certain zones in the city allowing it.

They're definitely including world based PVP though.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Seamless PVP that just gets dropped in here and there (sort of like how Watch dogs does it) would be great.

And yeah, an MMO-ish game (large, exploitable world, quest givers, RPG weapon systems) without shitty MMO combat is basically my ideal game. It's why I love Borderlands so much.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular

While normally my response would lean towards snark, I've got a group of friends who talk like that with a significantly higher incidence of 'fuck' because they're adults. Also, they're all prior military. But it's an unrealistic ideal for most people, and especially for people who will end up pubbing this.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah. Talking like that isn't unusual, just with about 5000% more swearing and lots small-talk about non gaming related subjects going on in-between the 'get serious' parts where there's silence in that video. Not in PuGs/randoms obviously, but when playing with friends.

I mean, the same kinda stuff happens in MMO raiding. During trash and farm content there's lots of conversation and general chatter. Then when it's time to get serious people shut up and do nothing but leave the airways clear to call out mechanics, orders, and various shit going on. I don't see how hard it is to expect the same thing would happen in other co-op games.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    So this is a pretty cool trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq_NVi-TC4

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Cool, Ubisoft. Maybe show me more of the game instead of some dude talking about a theater.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    The trailer Echo posted was great. I'm pretty pumped for this game.

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    That trailer... haven't seen something that has got me that excited for a game in a long, long time. I hope this lives up to the hype.

It has a dash of borderlands, fallout, STALKER, and the recent crop of splinter cell and Rainbow Six games (which I loved, to each their own).

Again, though, with ubisoft behind the wheel there is no trust. They botched Watch Dogs something fierce. The PC version was an affront to all things master race (I shouldn't have to mod back in graphical features removed from the PC version for no reason).

I've wanted a co-op STALKER since forever. I hope this can scratch that itch a bit.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've wanted a co-op STALKER since forever. I hope this can scratch that itch a bit.

Needs more Cheeki Breeki.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Me and my mates were laughing at E3 when we watched this. But it's pretty much true, that's how we sound except its cleaned up. It sounds epic and fun.

Vic_Hazard on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    This kind of dropped off my radar.

Was it always coming to PC?

This discussion has been closed.