As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]ow the Hedgehog. Please crit my OC?

FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
edited June 2013 in Artist's Corner
Here's my gallery (some of it is NOT SAFE FOR WORK ;) ). Please let me know what you think.

A small snippet of some of my work
pregnant_shadow_with_views_xd_by_shadowthehedgehog192-d5k8z7w.png

Fugitive on

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Oh lordy

Well, here is the video I was going to post as my OP if you hadn't turned up soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhCX1dWzhk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Everything I know about sonic I learned from game grumps

That Google search brings up alot of weird pregnant (or, inflated or whatever) shadow the hedgehog.

• Options
    Well I didn't ask for this power

But you know what they say. "Great men do not seek power, they use their power to kind of flounder at a joke about how weird the Sonic fanbase is".

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I was actually pretty glad it did not actually come down to me having to do it

Based on my experience as a moderator in another creative community, I can also verify that Sonic the Hedgehog characters are the bizarre fixation of a large contingency of people who like to create fanfiction about shrinking, growing, unbirthing, and a whole host of other fetishes which seem like they have been specifically facilitated by the existence of the Internet

Safe Search required!

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    I miss strip search guys!

• Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Oh yay! I thought this would be "Geth created thread" (that's what I had thought was happening @Iruka, and I was a sadness). I am pleased to know Geth just helped facilitate the thread creation. Yay! More fun chat-titles and such await us. :D

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to the strip search too. Easing the pain of waiting, flying in and out of the clouds is freakin' awesome... never gets old. Great morning.

• Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    yay ss soon, I'm working on my Strip Search Wastebasket Program a bit more in the meantime and comics and video games :D

also pregnant sonic is awesome

miaAusa on
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    So the 300 sequel looks like buttshit.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    bebarce wrote: »
    So the 300 sequel looks like buttshit.

Whaaaaaaaa........ Is it called 1?

Also, the fires in Colorado are about 3 or 4 miles West from the house I live in... kinda surreal. Hopefully they stay over there and the wind keeps blowing Eastward.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    The fanbases of sonic and pokemon are among the weirdest there are. I'm not sure why that is.

• Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    The fanbases of sonic and pokemon are among the weirdest there are. I'm not sure why that is.
    Haven't come across many homestuckers have you?

• Options
    And Bronies

And uhhh

Those people who got really into imagined character subtext in Rise of the Guardians?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I think those might all be the same people, though.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Longshot... but is anyone going to be at the Strip Search finale in Seattle on Tuesday?

Would love to me some AC people in the flesh.

Mynt on
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Hey now. Hey. Hey. You start making fun of bronies, and I will deluge you with my OC fanart.

Her name is Princess Sparkle Honeybutt and she's an alicorn and BFFs with Tycho and Gabe.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Mynt wrote: »
    Longshot... but is anyone going to be at the Strip Search finale in Seattle on Tuesday?

Come to Japan, I'll let you crash at my place and sleep on the floor.

• Options

I've never been to the motherland (or off the continent for that matter)... It will be the best slumber party!

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    Hehe, I know people who work on Ponies =P My classmate who works there was telling me she has to watch Attack on Titan now cause apparently someone in the office made some titan/ponies fanart, I can't even begin to imagine. XD They have a shared folder where everyone submits their fanart, it must be glorious.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I might have, but I don't check twitter like I did when I worked at a desk, so the SS finale bit was all sold out when I saw it.

• Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Guys. ...Guys. Guess who just got an offer today to draw a cover for an upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog comicbook?
    10gvO.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Nepotism

And you probably just broke NDA

The only thing rolling around at the speed of sound is the industry blackball coming straight at you.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Down with Fugitive

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Why, Fug?

Why you do this?

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
  • Options
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Those people who got really into imagined character subtext in Rise of the Guardians?

What is up with those people, though, for real? That movie is a cute, Pull it out a Christmas for your 5 year old, and tumblr was like "NAH MAN THESE CHARACTERS ARE COMPLEX"

People who deep into a "fandom" are weird.
    *Draws gundam wing characters with hearts around them*

• Options
    hey drawing people I just got a drawing book what should I draw first

also what are some tips and tricks to drawing anatomy really good????

• Options
    The eyes are really important so draw those first really big then put the face around it. Make sure you make them nice and shiney, and pick a totally weird and unique color for them. My OC has a blue and a green eye! He is super cool.

• Options
    wow that's super cool, thnx Irkua

my character is going to have spiky hair like Cloud but purplr with one green spike

• Options
    lol hes relly my fursona lol

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You should post him!

I've been drawing for months now and I could do a draw over and show you if you have any anatomy mistakes.

• Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    Nepotism

And you probably just broke NDA

The only thing rolling around at the speed of sound is the industry blackball coming straight at you.
    I am under an NDA right now, but not about this. Besides did I say it was me outright? No. Did I even say I accepted said hypothetical offer. No. You ain't got shit on me, son.

And to think... I thought we were (steam) friends.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    You should post him!

I've been drawing for months now and I could do a draw over and show you if you have any anatomy mistakes.

wow thhats rude chico

my brother who has been drawing for a yeear (he even got his drawing of slid snake posted in gameinformer!) says you shouldn't try to influence new artist and let them make there own style by looking at drawings they like

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular

I've never been to the motherland (or off the continent for that matter)... It will be the best slumber party!

Come to Maryland for SPX, we can all get ice cream

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    I don't think I trace enough to really be as good as I'd like. I try to do it during free period, but I keep wanting to draw the people around me and learn the mechanics of the human form.

I'll never be as good as Toriyama-san.

• Options
    franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    c0989001938bba59ed89c3cfaf092470_zpse8d3041a.jpg

• Options
    drbernardidrbernardi Registered User new member
    Hi all guys! First post here, I've been lurking for a while and think it's time to say hi :)
    I super suck at drawing but I'm working hard to get better at it, your resource thread is making this much easier (but also harder, there's so much material I don't know where to start).

Cya!

• Options
    franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    Word SS!
    word...

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I don't think I trace enough to really be as good as I'd like. I try to do it during free period, but I keep wanting to draw the people around me and learn the mechanics of the human form.

I'll never be as good as Toriyama-san.
    Just look at gundam figures, thats how i learnd to draw proportions and anatomies.

This discussion has been closed.