Options

Dr. Squatlove, or How I Learned to Stop Wasting Away and Love [Strength Training]

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I normally go straight to the gym after work, but I think tonight I’ll go home first and do some kettleball exercises and body weight stuff to warm up. The gym is always so damn packed on a Thursday night; which makes it hard for me to concentrate. Plus I’m at least partially motivated by the fact that my best deadlift was achieved when I rocked up at the gym tired as hell about an hour before closing when everyone had already cleared off.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Don't see what the big deal about chalk is. It wipes off.
    He said it was a pain to get off of the rubber mats or something

Though I've been using it for years at this gym without him saying anything

Bullfuckingshit.

Tell him to blow it out his ass, dump chalk on the floor, get a spray bottle and a towel, and watch it disappear.

Fuck I clean chalk damn near every fucking day from chalk hand prints on the weightroom floor.

The only reason why I have to clean it is to keep the weightroom presentable for recruits.

I don't disagree but seems like a good way to get kicked out of the gym

I'm gonna just... be more sneaky about it and wipe up after myself, whatevs

Just buy a tube of liquid chalk.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I can't wait until next week, the damn wound on my leg is healed and I have a solid month of no school, work or anything resembling responsibility to look forward to. I'm going to gym so hard guys.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Jyardana wrote: »
    oh oh oh i forgot the most important thing i did today!

i put a fucking harness on my head and trained my neck

i loved it so much i bought my own so i don't have to use the nasty old one at the weight room

BOOM

GET YOKED!

Serious though, its Texas. Can't you just find that shit on a farm?

I figure there probably is if I were on a farm.

And I'm sure I could devise my own, but 20 bucks for a leather cap? Shit yes ill pay that

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    A leather cap sounds more like you're prepping for ren faire, bro.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Jyardana wrote: »
    Victory clap

Any progress is good progress

Damn straight. Celebration was a steak and a tub of greek yoghurt.

• Options
    A duck! wrote: »
    A leather cap sounds more like you're prepping for ren faire, bro.

I look like I belong in an insane asylum with it on

I fucking love it

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Is there any merit in taking two different types of protein? I take just whey at the moment but I've been reading about taking casein protein before bed cause it's slower releasing/acting?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Is there any merit in taking two different types of protein? I take just whey at the moment but I've been reading about taking casein protein before bed cause it's slower releasing/acting?
    Maybe, but I doubt you will really notice any results.

My lifts are still holding up even though I'm down 16lbs so far. Mostly I'm losing out on extra reps/sets. Is creatine the answer here?

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    Maybe, but I doubt you will really notice any results.

My lifts are still holding up even though I'm down 16lbs so far. Mostly I'm losing out on extra reps/sets. Is creatine the answer here?

Maybe. It's cheap as chips so worth a crack.

Also, adequate protein across the diet as a whole, timing your carb intake around your sessions so you walk in with plenty of energy and then recklessly abusing whatever stimulants are necessary to get you pepped up.

My go-to on that last cut was caffeine and nicotine but if you're not pissing in cups for WADA you can get some pretty lovely over-the-counter pre-workout supps for those slow days.

• Options
    I usually take a red bull right before I start a workout but I probably need to eat something that's not a bowl of weetabix beforehand too.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular

You could just mix your whey into milk instead of water, if you aren't already, and boom both types of protein.

Also I had to mix my whey with water last night and it fucked my stomach right up, it did. I am never forgetting to buy milk again.

• Options
    I'll give it a whirl. I eat about 4 hours before I work out and don't snack, I suppose I could try to sneak a snack in there but I don't have room in my diet budget for it so much. Maybe just save some lunch for right beforehand.

Already tried caffeine/preworkout, doesn't help me much.

• Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    Bleh, wish I could do that but as soon as I start drinking that quantity of milk my stomach says FUCKNO.

Started taking creatine recently and it seems pretty good. Though I've definitely bloated out a bit. I'm sure that's not due to my diet...

Gotta go play squash tonight.

I'd rather be lifting.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I usually take a red bull right before I start a workout but I probably need to eat something that's not a bowl of weetabix beforehand too.

Red Bull is crammed with sugar and bullshit and I doubt it's doing much for you. It might even hurt your workout once your insulin levels crash. Have a coffee if you need the caffeine hit.

• Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    Tube speaks the truth. Coffee is my go to preworkout.

• Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I dunno man, I drink Red Bull and the sugar hit is good for an hour or so. More if you drink it over the workout. Nothing wrong with a bit of sugar.

Oh yeah, and it turns out that Clint Darden kinda reads the thread:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqGP1Uz4kTM

Jimmy Marku on
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

Red Bull is crammed with sugar and bullshit and I doubt it's doing much for you. It might even hurt your workout once your insulin levels crash. Have a coffee if you need the caffeine hit.

Any other alternatives to coffee? I can't stand the taste.
    Peen wrote: »

You could just mix your whey into milk instead of water, if you aren't already, and boom both types of protein.

Also I had to mix my whey with water last night and it fucked my stomach right up, it did. I am never forgetting to buy milk again.

Oh cool, will just use milk in my shake before bed.

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    Caffeine pills are an extremely cheap alternative to coffee

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Pfeh

I go for a quick bowl of crystal meth, some oxycodone and a little pcp.

Get fucking jacked, bro!

• Options
    And why did I agree to running today?

The stair sprints, sure I could handle those. Quads were blown up after.

The down and back down and back across the field? Ughhhh

The first two I hung in there and the next six were just gutting it out to not embarrass myself further

• Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    Just mix instant coffee with some coke or pepsi and get dat Hyphy MUD

cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

Any other alternatives to coffee?

Pro plus. I used to hate coffee, but I started drinking it with a lot of milk (like 40% of the cup is milk) and learned to love it. YMMV, but I'd stay away from energy drinks.

• Options
    Look I like Kali Muscle ok but he needs to stop talking about how he got big and strong without steroids because that man is completely juiced out of his mind.

• Options
    My roommate was talking about a guy she works with who's always talking about how much he works out and how many steroids he takes and then she showed me a picture of him with his top off at the beach and I could only think to ask if they were for his asthma.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I still take SuperPump before a workout, mostly because I can judge how much of it to take better than I can for coffee. Also because I can mix creatine in it, as I drink it cold.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Look I like Kali Muscle ok but he needs to stop talking about how he got big and strong without steroids because that man is completely juiced out of his mind.
    well he got big and strong

and then he got the juice to get gigantic and mighty

• Options
    Sure and that's fine but it bugs me when people who are clearly using are all hurf durf you don't need to juice to be big. It's like c'mon man, really?

Also I don't take anything before a workout because I come home afterwards and roll into bed and sometimes I really wish I could.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Someone want to point me in the direction of a reputable Creatine brand/type/whatever?

im always afraid of buying absolute crap because i feel like the supplement industry is kinda sketchy.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    MethuselahMethuselah United StatesRegistered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    Someone want to point me in the direction of a reputable Creatine brand/type/whatever?

im always afraid of buying absolute crap because i feel like the supplement industry is kinda sketchy.

Creatine type doesn't matter. Get the cheapest. As for brand, just go with ON or some other well-known.

• Options
    Creapure if you can get it.

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Yeah cheapest creatine monohydrate, I got powder from Optimum Nutrition because I think it qualified for Amazon Prime.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    creatine doesnt dissolve well i feel so i put a scoop on my tongue and wash it down with water instead of mixing it

otherwise some of it just gets stuck at the bottom of my glass

poo
  • Options
    pzq21Mm.jpg
    Kali was pretty big before he went to prison and he didn't juice in there either. He didn't start juicing until after he got out.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Man what a waste.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I fucking guarantee you he's juicing in that photo.

• Options
    If he his, he's not displaying most of the traits of someone who juices

• Options
    Daric wrote: »
    I think your roidar might be off there man

• Options
    I fucking guarantee you he's juicing in that photo.
    Walt wrote: »
    Daric wrote: »
    I think your roidar might be off there man

• Options
    He doesn't have roid gut, acne, or gyno so I'd err on the side of him just being a gifted athlete back then. He's very obviously doing roids now as he has all 3 of those things.

This discussion has been closed.