As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Soviet Phalla - Game Over: Capitalist Victory

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    I don't like the way Technicality keeps bogarting the vodka. I choose to execute Technicality.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys in the politburo, make damn sure you send a vote in to protect me because there is no way you are outnumbered in there since ElJeffe is evil.

The worst it could be is 4v3 and you still have the popular vote. Quit being secretive and make sure you pass word along so that I get into power.

We can still win this. Also, <3 you all for voting for me. Your decision is a good one.

Edit: I am not quite sure how many people have voted, but I know that I only have 5 votes. Do we have to vote up 2 innocents to beat ElJeffe? Or am I good with 5 votes? We need to add a vote or 2 so that I am assured victory. Someone get on this baby and for god sakes, ignore everything ElJeffe is saying.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    I'm inclined to vote for Elbonian Man for GS for similar reasons as Technicality, but he's got the lowest post count of everyone still alive. I'm not sure he'd be around or responsive enough to deal with the situation if Jeffe and co. try to pull something.

Frandelgearslip probably isn't a good choice because of that possibility; he mentioned earlier today he's not on for a couple hours before voting closes.

I need to organize my thoughts on the other five some more before I make any comment on them.

I realise it's a little late to be saying this with any credit due to me, but I'm on the boards for at least 8 hours a day. I don't really post much because I don't have much to say that's worth saying. I'll pay as much attention as I can regardless of if I'm elected tonight. On that note I !vote for myself

I also !vote for Larry for the same reasons as yesterday.

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Does anybody have a count?

tofu on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hak, Grid, and Elbonian post junk like this and *I* get bandwagoned? I'ma call shenanigans.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    I'm inclined to vote for Elbonian Man for GS for similar reasons as Technicality, but he's got the lowest post count of everyone still alive. I'm not sure he'd be around or responsive enough to deal with the situation if Jeffe and co. try to pull something.

Frandelgearslip probably isn't a good choice because of that possibility; he mentioned earlier today he's not on for a couple hours before voting closes.

I need to organize my thoughts on the other five some more before I make any comment on them.

I realise it's a little late to be saying this with any credit due to me, but I'm on the boards for at least 8 hours a day. I don't really post much because I don't have much to say that's worth saying. I'll pay as much attention as I can regardless of if I'm elected tonight. On that note I !vote for myself

I also !vote for Larry for the same reasons as yesterday.
    *Nudge* People are voting for me at this point Elbonian, we need to seal the deal with a vote or two more. Please, change that vote to me, as voting for yourself doesn't help.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And suddenly the need for a second candidate has disappeared?

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Oh wait yea my bad, DA was the bad guy special who could block the votes and he's dead. For some reason I thought they still had that special. So we just need one person with more than 4 votes to get into GS and make sure we all send in our guardian vote. *looks at smasher* :P
    ArrBeeBee wrote:
    Once the sympathiser has found the rebels and vice versa, they both may block one political vote-winner – a prospective General Secretary or secretary - from ascending to office every three rounds, coinciding with the election of the politburo.
    Clear? The election blocking is a gained ability shared by the rebels, and it can only be used on politburo election nights.

Okay yea.. don't mind me just got back from library and didn't look at the posts as clearly. I'm all caught up now. ....

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Alright, we still need a second choice for execution. As of now it's looking like PsychoLarry or Saburbia. If we're going with the idea of purging the politburo, vote for Saburbia. If not, vote for PsychoLarry, but we should try to get five votes on one of them.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Oh wait yea my bad, DA was the bad guy special who could block the votes and he's dead. For some reason I thought they still had that special. So we just need one person with more than 4 votes to get into GS and make sure we all send in our guardian vote. *looks at smasher* :P
    ArrBeeBee wrote:
    Once the sympathiser has found the rebels and vice versa, they both may block one political vote-winner – a prospective General Secretary or secretary - from ascending to office every three rounds, coinciding with the election of the politburo.
    Clear? The election blocking is a gained ability shared by the rebels, and it can only be used on politburo election nights.

Okay yea.. don't mind me just got back from library and didn't look at the posts as clearly. I'm all caught up now. ....

The capitalists shouldn't be stupid enough to all four vote against you in a concerted effort to get someone else elected instead, plus you already have 5 votes for you so what's your problem?

RBB, does the politburo power protect from a GS and capitalist kill that happen on the same night?

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Alright, we still need a second choice for execution. As of now it's looking like PsychoLarry or Saburbia. If we're going with the idea of purging the politburo, vote for Saburbia. If not, vote for PsychoLarry, but we should try to get five votes on one of them.
    I !vote for PsychoLarry1

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    RBB, does the politburo power protect from a GS and capitalist kill that happen on the same night?
    You'll have to ask a politburo member.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Politburo protection stops everything except for who the committee votes to execute.

Locus on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I do not think that Saburbia is our best candidate and I refuse to band wagon anymore at this point. If you guys can convince me to vote for him I will, but right now I suspect others more. Leaving work now, but just in case I can't get to a computer until near the deadline:

!retract Psycholarry1
    !vote Utsanomiko

Other than eljeffe, I think Utsanomiko might be our best shot at finding a spy. I'm not discounting Saburbia, he may be a spy as well, but I just don't think the evidence against him is sound enough.

Yeah your talking out both sides of your mouth I got a pm from you yesterday which besides blowing smoke up my ass also called for me to vote out Saburbia. Now today you won't vote for him for second place even though we desperately need somebody for second place. You do realize that for us to have any chance of winning somebody strong (votewise) has to be in second place.

Also I have no real position on Saburbia himself, since I am not suspicious of him, but pretty much everybody else is, so either way I am cool with the choice.

I guess I will hold off my election vote for now, but I may not have time to get it in.

I guess I will edit one in and maybe change it later if there is time and a consensus
    !vote shamus He is pretty much the only candidate who has not had suspicions cast at him recently. Everybody else is either not here often enough or has one or more people calling for their heads.

I actually asked you your opinion on Saburbia, thinking that if he was found to be a revolutionary, Cecil and Elbonian Man could be assumed to be spies as well. You have strong opinions on things and you don't seem to follow band wagons just for the sake of following band wagons. Now that Cecil has been offed and found to be true to the cause, why vote for Saburbia? I've yet to hear a convincing argument, although I've asked several times for some evidence on why I should vote for Saburbia. I will vote for whoever if it will give us more of a chance to win, I just don't see why Saburbia is one of our main choices when I think that other people deserve our suspicion more.

Oh, and:
    I !retract my vote for Grundlterror for General Secretary
    I !vote for TehSpectre for General Secretary

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I know I said I wasn't going to defend myself more, but at this point any mistakes tonight lose us the game. My election voting looks like this: Thorgot, Lady Eri, Elendil, Thorgot, Smasher, ElJeffe, Tuxkamen.
    Beyond me electing Thorgot multiple times because he was clearly working to help us out, and as it turns out he was a confirmed innocent (why no one mentioned this to us is beyond me).
    At this point, since he killed one of the spies, smasher we can assume is innocent.

The only troubling vote is for ElJeffe and that went like this: I was looking at the voting records and noticed that Ardor and ElJeffe seemed to be working in conjunction, or at least ElJeffe was noticeably supporting Ardor. My initial fear was that the two were bad guys helping each other out. I thought I would start a vote for ElJeffe to see who went for the bait (only Ardor and Utsanomiko). After Ardor turned out innocent I thought I'd leave it alone. This was obviously a horrendous mistake, much like the other hundred we've had over this game. I was stupid and my plan backfired, but I did try to save things by pulling the last minute vote change last night.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm innocent and that we'd be better served trying to kill someone else.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I just want to stress again, everyone in the politburo who is not a capitalist needs to vote me for protection.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only troubling vote is for ElJeffe and that went like this: I was looking at the voting records and noticed that Ardor and ElJeffe seemed to be working in conjunction, or at least ElJeffe was noticeably supporting Ardor. My initial fear was that the two were bad guys helping each other out. I thought I would start a vote for ElJeffe to see who went for the bait (only Ardor and Utsanomiko). After Ardor turned out innocent I thought I'd leave it alone. This was obviously a horrendous mistake, much like the other hundred we've had over this game. I was stupid and my plan backfired, but I did try to save things by pulling the last minute vote change last night.

Yeah, I think it was planned that way. Damn you, ElJeffe!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I won't be around for the deadline. If for some reason visible doesn't arrive, then the update will be an hour or two late. There's no reason he shouldn't be here, though, so don't worry about it.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Yeah, I think it was planned that way. Damn you, ElJeffe!

Just got home..reading through the thread now. I agree with you one thing, tho'; we need to get that bastard ElJeffe.

I feel like we're up against Athan again.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Can the head bad guy always be Athan from now on? It would lend a sense of continuity to these things.

Still need a solid second choice to execute guys. By my count we are missing three voters.

Also, I !vote for TehSpectre. Y'all better know what you're doing.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Shamus, I need your support again ( I think you gave it to me in the past.) so that we can take down the evil ElJeffe.

You got it, man. !vote TehSpectre to replace the Capitalist Athan
    Can the head bad guy always be Athan from now on? It would lend a sense of continuity to these things.

I agree. Athan is just the epitome of evil.

As far as execution goes..!vote Utsanomiko

Edit: If anyone needs me to explain why, I'd be happy to re-edit this post. I assume it was a no-brainer, as he seems to be our best choice.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    We could call him Athanyiskova. But really, let's not give the Princess of Enchantments too much credit as "head bad guy", obviously Hakkekage created a flawless intricate plan laying out exactly how the entire game would play out, including Lady Eri's little blow up. ElJeffe had all the hard work done for him by day 1.
    Also, We still need to have a 2nd place execution vote in place.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    K I'm really busy and if people are wanting to put me in second place, look at the damn night where I thought I died. I was all "nice game guys bye" and all like. If I was a capitalist you think I would've been all "fuckers, you all suck!"

And with that I'm off.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I Vote for TehSpectre For General Secretary.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll be on later to see the results. Good game everyone and good luck.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Unless ElJeffe decides not to veto I guess I'm dead. I'm not going to vote for Saburbia, because I think he's probably innocent. Not that it matters now, but I !vote for Elbonian Man He's done little all game but go after me for the last few nights.
    I also !vote for TehSpectre you guys had better hope he's kosher.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey guys, I'm disappointed that you're not re-electing me. Did I do something wrong?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Also, I've decided that Technicality is an okay dude, so I'm going to execute Locus instead.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Good luck dudes. You'll probably need it. If I was right about TehSpectre I am going to be so angry!

!Retract for Utsanomiko and !vote for PsychoLarry1

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Also, I've decided that Technicality is an okay dude, so I'm going to execute Locus instead.
    Jeffe, I think the first thing I am going to do as GS is kill you.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Jeffe, I think the first thing I am going to do as GS is kill you.

Dude, we've won. I think you can stop pretending, now.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh, hey, that whole killing Utsanomiko thing? Yeah, I think I'm going to veto that.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Now we wait a few hours for visible to show up and tell us where in our pants exactly we got screwed through

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Postin' while I'm still alive.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Any last-minute secrets/game winning strategies you want to tell us before you are killed Locus? :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I won't be around for the deadline. If for some reason visible doesn't arrive, then the update will be an hour or two late. There's no reason he shouldn't be here, though, so don't worry about it.
    Famous last words.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fuck..stepped away to play some Gears..

We're boned, aren't we?

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Any last-minute secrets/game winning strategies you want to tell us before you are killed Locus? :P
    ElJeffe is a capitalist. I am not. The best strategy is to find the other people who are capitalists and kill them, and to find the other people who are not capitalists and elect them to the politburo.

I know we have failed to this so far in the game, but I think there's still time to turn it around and my death will be just the catalyst we need.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I find the following people to be suspicious:

ElJeffe
    Ustanomiko
    TehSpectre
    Smasher
    Elbonian Man
    Plutonium
    Technicality