Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Game On] Soviet Phalla - Game Over: Capitalist Victory

145791070

Posts

  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Man, the first day is boring.
    You mean the 0th day. Not even a kill tonight, after all.

    Buzz Buzz on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    We're on a big start to people calling eachother 'stupider' for having babies as avatars and voting for themselves as clear leader choices.

    It still does beat random bandwagoning.

    Your sig does not amuse me..... :P

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Thorgot I wouldn't talk with that avatar of yours. An american tv show? Get him!

    My avatar shows the hypocrisy of the American pigdogs. A baby who can talk? Absurdist nonsense meant to fool the people. I display it proudly, to show the people we will not be fooled.

    The way I see it is that your avatar is rubbing in the fact that america is smarter since their babies talk. Are you trying to imply that we are stupider? That our medical degree is worthless over there?!?

    Their babies are dumb. Why do you attempt to reaffirm the Capitalist propaganda while I try to explain that it is false? I didn't imply we are stupid at all; you are the one implying we are less intelligent.

    The state doctor Robinachovich has stated that our babies are smarter than capitalist babies. To believe otherwise is to be a capitalist. As I said before, my picture simply shows the capitalist hypocrisy.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I have been mulling the roles of this Phalla, and I have a plan. I feel since the otherside gets a seer and we do not, that the plan I am about to suggest is one of the only plausible courses of action and indeed the only way to start and expand a network. I am going to go ahead and come forward as special, specifically the manipulator of execution votes. I am going to go ahead and ask for the general secretary position tonight, and of course protection from the glorious manly men of the KGB.

    Tomorrow night, I will be able to prove that I am the influencer of the execution by publically manipulating the ballots. I get a total of 3 votes *everyday* on who dies or not. For this to work, there needs to be a general acceptance of the plan, in order to keep the top two suspects within 3 or less votes of each other (as the secretary I would be able decide ties as well), or within 2 votes or less of each other if I have already voted for one of them. The flaw in this plan is if the rebels willingly try to screw with the vote, but they won't. Any screwing with the vote would have to occur at the last minute to make verification of my special ability impossible. This would light up at least one potential rebel, and probably more if they were to succeed in manipulating the vote.

    After I have been confirmed, I can ask the manipulator of the secretary vote to privately step forward to me and I can test them in private (which will be infinitely easier due to the function of the politiburo.) This will be the beginning of the network. The three friends can then come forward to me as well, naming the other two of their group. If multiple three friends come forward, I can simply execute one of each group (letting the public know who to execute while I execute one myself) and then kill the two other rebels of the false group, while collecting two more people for the network. The KGB can come forward as well in this scenario since they only get one collective defense a night so they can spare a person, especially if two rebels have to come forward and die for one of the KGB people to die.

    I will die by the end of night 3, but beforehand I will point out a new spokesperson of the network, who will be elected secretary and protected for three more nights. In this scenario, we get a 7 person network by day 2, or if the spies try to pretend to be the old friends and/or KGB fellows we get a 5 person network and 5 dead spies (I will publish the lists of any pretenders.) Also, based on information not available to everyone given to me by the game, I believe the politiburo's special power will be critical in routing out the spies, paticularly it will make up for a deficiency in the soviets' power. It is imperative we get a trusted network together as fast as possible, we do not want to risk the spies getting a majority in the politiburo. We can only do so when we have a network, so at the end of day 1 we need to have a network to protect the politiburo with.

    Lady Eri on
    The Wheel of Calculadon turns, and then suddenly? Orbital lasers.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    We're on a big start to people calling eachother 'stupider' for having babies as avatars and voting for themselves as clear leader choices.

    It's random accusations that aren't the best for us, but still it does beat random bandwagoning.

    Meh, on the 0th day, it's mostly in jest, anyway.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh my..

    Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Re: Lady Eri

    That fucking rocks.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    I would like to take this opportunity to say I was the first to vote for Lady Eri.

    Unknown User on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When oh when will we get a game that doesn't involve a special revealing them self on day 1...

    Sounds like a good plan if Lady Eri is telling the truth, just wanna remind the other specials Don't come forward until day 2, after Lady Eri demonstrates her specialness.

    Last Son on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    We're on a big start to people calling eachother 'stupider' for having babies as avatars and voting for themselves as clear leader choices.

    It's random accusations that aren't the best for us, but still it does beat random bandwagoning.

    Meh, on the 0th day, it's mostly in jest, anyway.

    Yeah, but they tend to carry on for the next day or so.

    I notice nothing special happens besides voting today, which would explain why my cake has simply not been able to get done.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri makes the badguys tremble whenever she is in the game and on the good guy side. I know I did in the last mole game.

    Plan sounds good.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Did we just win now?

    Elendil on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sounds pretty good to me.

    FunkyWaltDogg on
    Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bold move. The kind of courage that only lies in the heart of a true Party member.

    I !Retract my vote for Thorgot and reissue my !Vote for Lady Eri to help ensure this plan's success.

    Scosglen on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    I have been mulling the roles of this Phalla, and I have a plan. I feel since the otherside gets a seer and we do not, that the plan I am about to suggest is one of the only plausible courses of action and indeed the only way to start and expand a network. I am going to go ahead and come forward as special, specifically the manipulator of execution votes. I am going to go ahead and ask for the general secretary position tonight, and of course protection from the glorious manly men of the KGB.

    Tomorrow night, I will be able to prove that I am the influencer of the execution by publically manipulating the ballots. I get a total of 3 votes *everyday* on who dies or not. For this to work, there needs to be a general acceptance of the plan, in order to keep the top two suspects within 3 or less votes of each other (as the secretary I would be able decide ties as well), or within 2 votes or less of each other if I have already voted for one of them. The flaw in this plan is if the rebels willingly try to screw with the vote, but they won't. Any screwing with the vote would have to occur at the last minute to make verification of my special ability impossible. This would light up at least one potential rebel, and probably more if they were to succeed in manipulating the vote.

    After I have been confirmed, I can ask the manipulator of the secretary vote to privately step forward to me and I can test them in private (which will be infinitely easier due to the function of the politiburo.) This will be the beginning of the network. The three friends can then come forward to me as well, naming the other two of their group. If multiple three friends come forward, I can simply execute one of each group (letting the public know who to execute while I execute one myself) and then kill the two other rebels of the false group, while collecting two more people for the network. The KGB can come forward as well in this scenario since they only get one collective defense a night so they can spare a person, especially if two rebels have to come forward and die for one of the KGB people to die.

    I will die by the end of night 3, but beforehand I will point out a new spokesperson of the network, who will be elected secretary and protected for three more nights. In this scenario, we get a 7 person network by day 2, or if the spies try to pretend to be the old friends and/or KGB fellows we get a 5 person network and 5 dead spies (I will publish the lists of any pretenders.) Also, based on information not available to everyone given to me by the game, I believe the politiburo's special power will be critical in routing out the spies, paticularly it will make up for a deficiency in the soviets' power. It is imperative we get a trusted network together as fast as possible, we do not want to risk the spies getting a majority in the politiburo. We can only do so when we have a network, so at the end of day 1 we need to have a network to protect the politiburo with.
    You do realise that the rebels are going to now kill you in your sleep right?

    Digger Dude on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    When oh when will we get a game that doesn't involve a special revealing them self on day 1...

    Sounds like a good plan if Lady Eri is telling the truth, just wanna remind the other specials Don't come forward until day 2, after Lady Eri demonstrates her specialness.

    Yes it would be retarded to come forward before confirmation.

    I would not have come forward day 1 if we had a seer on our side, or if we had to execute someone tonight. You may blame the rules.

    Lady Eri on
    The Wheel of Calculadon turns, and then suddenly? Orbital lasers.
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    and of course protection from the glorious manly men of the KGB.
    You do realise that the rebels are going to now kill you in your sleep right?

    it's almost like, he can't read!

    :D

    Serpent on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Quite the well-thought out plan, comrade Eri.

    I would retract my vote for myself, but there are only two votes cast for me, and I wish to maintain my slight position above all those who only have a single vote for themselves, since I know that I am loyal through and through, and would hate for a capitalist to get in through pure chance.

    DarkPrimus on
    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    and of course protection from the glorious manly men of the KGB.
    You do realise that the rebels are going to now kill you in your sleep right?

    it's almost like, he can't read!

    :D

    The plan is she dies on night 3, right?

    Its right there in the plan...

    Unknown User on
  • TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If the elected powers don't provide the means to grow the network, this would have been a bad move. Since Lady Eri was going to get shot by day 3, by the revolutionaries for precisely the reasons she has been voted for so much it seems win/win to me.

    Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

  • Grid SystemGrid System Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for Lady Eri to be the party General Secretary

    Grid System on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    lady eri would die night 1 or 2 if she wasn't secretary. Seriously, expect her and aroduc to die really fucking quick if circumstances allow. they've already been talked about as 'star players' too much, and star players who are not rebels are TARGETS.

    Serpent on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I like Lady Eri's plan, but then, I'm drunk so I like anything anyone says.

    I'll keep my vote on ElJeffe though. I think we want Lady Eri and Ardor on the Politburo, but there are 6 others to decide. If I had to choose, they would be Smasher, Elendil, ElJeffe, FunkyWaltDogg, DevoutlyApathetic and Buzz Buzz. I'd love to suggest myself, but dying early in the game is no fun.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Did we just win now?

    Yeah, I think so. We just got a Network In a Box.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    :whistles:

    It seems the Phalliad was not a fluke for Lady Eri.

    Smasher on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    When oh when will we get a game that doesn't involve a special revealing them self on day 1...

    Sounds like a good plan if Lady Eri is telling the truth, just wanna remind the other specials Don't come forward until day 2, after Lady Eri demonstrates her specialness.

    I believe I came forward day 1 as the seer of the Dong family in G&T and I never died. It all depends on how someone plays the part.

    precisionk on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Okay, Lady Eri should take the General Secretary. It's quite the good plan. But I still want to be on the politburo, which will hopefully give me some kind of powers to destroy the evil capitalist dogs.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A bold move, one that tpically favors the uninformed majority of the game provided the information is accurate.

    Before I take a long look at your plan for possible feedback, I'd like to know how you plan to grow this network into something beyond the 7 good specials that exist amongst us. The networks favor the majority, but really only if they grow.

    Keep in mind, unless there's significant evidence against someone, as we do not have a seer on our side, vote changing will not be able to do much other than let one person decide the fate of the two people so closely tied with the vote.

    The guardians exist ideally to protect the general secretary. I'd like an answer to this question quick before I go further with this piece. RBB or VH. When the General Secretary dies, how does the next one come into play? After the deceased player's 3 day reign would normally end or right away?

    The network of three is really the best network we have since they know who to go after. However, by exposing the network, we would make the choice to protect that network spokesperson or the gen sec. Since the network cannot grow beyond 7 people maximum, I'm very cautious about this plan.

    While this is probably not the case, it's worth mentioning. If Lady Eri happens to be a rebel, she buys herself 3 days and has power to influence the politburo.

    Lady Eri. Please let me know how you plan to maintain this network realizing that in order for it to keep us from staking off good specials, won't really increase our chances of winning either at the rate we will be losing spokespeople. Naming spokespeople early could also mean losing two in a single day. Since you will also only really be able to name who you guys think is suspicious, you could limit the rest of us into simply following the thoughts of a select few.

    I suggest if we move forward with this, that you designate your figurehead to receive pm's of thoughts from people about who they think should be killed. Otherwise, using but a fraction of the resources the player base has to offer has distinct disadvantages.

    Ardor on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The general secretary is elected each round. It's the politiburo that's elected once every three rounds.

    Smasher on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    To the old hands. I suggest you three not always vote in tandem, looking for voting blocks of three is a good way the rebels have to find you guys. Today sholdn't really matter, but I'd be careful not to do it too often lest you be found out.

    Lady Eri, those who can influence votes are allowed to name one successor who will take 2/3 of their power, but not be able to name anyone else. Unless I'm mistaken, you could name a rebel to take over for you or potentially another network member, which doesn't help grow the network.

    Ardor on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    I have been mulling the roles of this Phalla, and I have a plan. I feel since the otherside gets a seer and we do not, that the plan I am about to suggest is one of the only plausible courses of action and indeed the only way to start and expand a network. I am going to go ahead and come forward as special, specifically the manipulator of execution votes. I am going to go ahead and ask for the general secretary position tonight, and of course protection from the glorious manly men of the KGB.

    Tomorrow night, I will be able to prove that I am the influencer of the execution by publically manipulating the ballots. I get a total of 3 votes *everyday* on who dies or not. For this to work, there needs to be a general acceptance of the plan, in order to keep the top two suspects within 3 or less votes of each other (as the secretary I would be able decide ties as well), or within 2 votes or less of each other if I have already voted for one of them. The flaw in this plan is if the rebels willingly try to screw with the vote, but they won't. Any screwing with the vote would have to occur at the last minute to make verification of my special ability impossible. This would light up at least one potential rebel, and probably more if they were to succeed in manipulating the vote.

    After I have been confirmed, I can ask the manipulator of the secretary vote to privately step forward to me and I can test them in private (which will be infinitely easier due to the function of the politiburo.) This will be the beginning of the network. The three friends can then come forward to me as well, naming the other two of their group. If multiple three friends come forward, I can simply execute one of each group (letting the public know who to execute while I execute one myself) and then kill the two other rebels of the false group, while collecting two more people for the network. The KGB can come forward as well in this scenario since they only get one collective defense a night so they can spare a person, especially if two rebels have to come forward and die for one of the KGB people to die.

    I will die by the end of night 3, but beforehand I will point out a new spokesperson of the network, who will be elected secretary and protected for three more nights. In this scenario, we get a 7 person network by day 2, or if the spies try to pretend to be the old friends and/or KGB fellows we get a 5 person network and 5 dead spies (I will publish the lists of any pretenders.) Also, based on information not available to everyone given to me by the game, I believe the politiburo's special power will be critical in routing out the spies, paticularly it will make up for a deficiency in the soviets' power. It is imperative we get a trusted network together as fast as possible, we do not want to risk the spies getting a majority in the politiburo. We can only do so when we have a network, so at the end of day 1 we need to have a network to protect the politiburo with.

    Nevermind. Nothing to see here, go about your business.

    AcidSerra on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    The general secretary is elected each round. It's the politiburo that's elected once every three rounds.

    Got it, thanks.

    I missed that obviously.

    Ardor on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Indeed, if I was a rebel I would be found out immediately. As for your network-expanding concerns, that problem exists with or without the network I start. How we expand the network depends very closely on the politiburo's special power, and thusly, won't even be known until tomorrow, and then only to a select few. If the politiburo's power is static or rotates is also a concern. However, 4 people die every day in this Phalla (assuming the politiburo doesn't have another kill power) which we means we have 11 days on the outside before the rebels seize control of Russia. We need to have something tomorrow, because more than likely this is going to be finished by day 7 or 8. Having our specials connected and working together is a key part of victory.

    Lady Eri on
    The Wheel of Calculadon turns, and then suddenly? Orbital lasers.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I am wondering, comrades VH and RBB, what happens if a member of the politiburo is killed by capitalists? Is their seat simply left vacant until the next election?

    DarkPrimus on
    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Okay so we keep Lady Eri alive, kill, maim and or manipulate some random innocent, then we start building the network?

    AcidSerra on
  • TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    How we expand the network depends very closely on the politiburo's special power, and thusly, won't even be known until tomorrow, and then only to a select few.

    Is there any advantage in keeping the details of the special power from the general population once it is revealed to the politburo?

    Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    How we expand the network depends very closely on the politiburo's special power, and thusly, won't even be known until tomorrow, and then only to a select few.

    Is there any advantage in keeping the details of the special power from the general population once it is revealed to the politburo?

    That will likely depend on the power.

    FunkyWaltDogg on
    Burnage wrote:
    FWD is very good at this game.
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited March 2007
    If none of the rebels are in the politburo, then yes. If not, then no, and it would be a disadvantage to the rest of us.

    Buzz Buzz on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    How we expand the network depends very closely on the politiburo's special power, and thusly, won't even be known until tomorrow, and then only to a select few.

    Is there any advantage in keeping the details of the special power from the general population once it is revealed to the politburo?

    Yes, limited information is a very powerful tool. It's how the soviet union survived despite being one big cluster **** of red tape.

    AcidSerra on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    People have been busy today. I have a bad feeling that Eri's plan will go south after Day 3, when the KGB will be forced to choose between protecting her and protecting the new Secretary, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. I !vote for Lady Eri.

    Cantide on
Sign In or Register to comment.