As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Soviet Phalla - Game Over: Capitalist Victory

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    If none of the rebels are in the politburo, then yes. If not, then no, and it would be a disadvantage to the rest of us.

I think it's probably in the innocents' best interests to have the information made public. It would prevent, for example, a Capitalist who had made it into the Politburo from PMing someone and pretending that the power was something other than it really was in order to manipulate him.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    An interesting thought occurs. If the politiburo receive the ability to investigate whether or not a member of the party is loyal or a capitalist tratior... would it not be in the best interest to investigate the very members of the politiburo? This way we could guarantee that we have honest, loyal communists in the positions of power, and any traitors will be soon exposed.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I should probably lay out my votes.

I !Vote for Lady Eri

And since it's the first day, I apparently don't Vote for FunkyWaltDogg today

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    How we expand the network depends very closely on the politiburo's special power, and thusly, won't even be known until tomorrow, and then only to a select few.

Is there any advantage in keeping the details of the special power from the general population once it is revealed to the politburo?

Sadly, it can be assumed we will elect a rebel member to the politburo everytime, which means they will know what power the group has for the next 3 days. I understand the need to keep the information at a minimum from the rebels, but if they are already in the know, you are starving the other 35 folks who have nothing special about them except the desire to participate, strategize and to win.

With the ability to grow a network, I would have no problem letting a smaller, more informed group make the calls. Without said ability, I'm not entirely sure that information should be kept from everyone else.

Lady Eri, out of curiosity, what do you plan on doing if 3 people come forward as KGB or you have 2 other vote influencors come forward. Will you deal with them yourself or put names to the public. Both have pros and cons. If they try to pretend to be the old hands, it's nothing more than a death warrant for them.

Ardor on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »

I !Vote for Lady Eri

And since it's the first day, I !Vote for FunkyWaltDogg

We don't vote for execution today.

Smasher on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

I !Vote for Lady Eri

It's the 0th day.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

I !Vote for Lady Eri

Sorry, just barely got on the forums like 10 minutes ago, been trying to catch up ever since.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Lady Eri, out of curiosity, what do you plan on doing if 3 people come forward as KGB or you have 2 other vote influencors come forward. Will you deal with them yourself or put names to the public. Both have pros and cons. If they try to pretend to be the old hands, it's nothing more than a death warrant for them.

The KGB know each other. You would need a pair of Capitalists to back each other up, which is almost as bad a move as them trying to pretend to be old hands.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

I !Vote for Lady Eri

Sorry, just barely got on the forums like 10 minutes ago, been trying to catch up ever since.

That's all right, it's not as if you're expected to read the rules or anything.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ardor, you aren't reading the rules, this extraordinarily suspicious.

The KGB know each other and would thusly name each other, if two vote influencers come forward they will have different tests, private tests. Obviously there are no pros for them being made public unless they are succeeding me as spokesperson, especially since the rebels have two kills and can always have one kill pinned down on the general secretary in case the KGB tries to protect someone else.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    How we expand the network depends very closely on the politiburo's special power, and thusly, won't even be known until tomorrow, and then only to a select few.

Is there any advantage in keeping the details of the special power from the general population once it is revealed to the politburo?

Yes, limited information is a very powerful tool. It's how the soviet union survived despite being one big cluster **** of red tape.
    Don't forget the incredible political ruthlessness and single-minded determination of a couple higher-ups.

...OK, Stalin was also a fucking monster, but he did more for Russia in 30 years than the Tsars did in 300.

Also, I would like to be in the Politburo. People in Hell also want ice water. If anyone out there would like to assist me, I'd be thankful. Otherwise, I am content to wait.

Our great leader... May his name remain in Stalingrad and a curse everywhere else!

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Our great leader... May his name remain in Stalingrad and a curse everywhere else!

So, you're saying you oppose the advent of Global Communism?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I oppose have anywhere on Earth that is not Stalingrad.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I have to admit, your broken English tends to suggest you're no capitalist. :D

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Rename Earth Stalingrad; let's put it to vote!

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yes, limited information is a very powerful tool. It's how the soviet union survived despite being one big cluster **** of red tape.
    Don't forget the incredible political ruthlessness and single-minded determination of a couple higher-ups.

...OK, Stalin was also a fucking monster, but he did more for Russia in 30 years than the Tsars did in 300.

Also, I would like to be in the Politburo. People in Hell also want ice water. If anyone out there would like to assist me, I'd be thankful. Otherwise, I am content to wait.
    Are you comparing our dear country to Hell?! Capitalist dog!

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    As Lady Eri is already comfortably in the lead, I will !vote for PrecisionK. He did a good job for the Dong family, and the last two times I voted against him I was killed, so I think I should turn over a new leaf.
    Also, I expect Lady Eri to start laying out some pretty nice five year plans here once we end war communism and NEP.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote: »

Why not name it the United People's Planetary Republic?

We should not name the entire planet after a single man, however great he was.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »

Are you comparing our dear country to Hell?! Capitalist dog!

A true communist does not believe in such superstitious nonsense as "Hell"!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm !retracting my vote for Frosteey, as it was an early vote simply for someone opposing others' hasty antics.

I !vote for Eljeffe. He's got some rather solid posts so far and isn't a numbskull.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Utsanomiko wrote: »

Why not name it the United People's Planetary Republic?

We should not name the entire planet after a single man, however great he was.

Ahh, but stalin's name is the name of all men. For that is how we share our greatness. And once the planet has been renamed, we shall all be Stalins! (Okay I guess I am kinda Stalin this...)

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    As Lady Eri is already comfortably in the lead, I will !vote for PrecisionK. He did a good job for the Dong family, and the last two times I voted against him I was killed, so I think I should turn over a new leaf.
    Also, I expect Lady Eri to start laying out some pretty nice five year plans here once we end war communism and NEP.

...what did you just say?!

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Are you asking for a Russian history lesson? Because that is a sign that you are no true Party Member!

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

NEP, Naturally Entertaining Politicians. Those damn entertaining politicians will be the death of us all.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This is quite the interesting turn of events. I think it's almost guaranteed that the politburo will see at least one rebel elected in to its ranks tonight, but I think the information on the special power should be kept secret since there is the chance that we don't have a rebel elected and we also may trip someone up that is not part of the politburo that still knows the special power.

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This plan seems too complicated and dependent on too many factors (including the fine manipulation of votes) that could go wrong. And it seems to jump the gun since we don't even know politboro's powers. I guess we have no choice, but to go along with it, but I think we should think about putting some eggs in a non-lady eri basket. If she is a capitalist dog this is a brilliant play that costs us several days and gives them the leadership post for a couple of days all for the cost of one capitalist.

Ardor's plan was self-sacrifice and cost the village nothing if he was lying, this one is self-promotion and could cost us a lot if she is lying.

Also if she is lying the real manipulator of execution votes better come out and reveal it, your power is not that great and not worth the trouble if she is lying.

Anyway I guess were stuck with this plan, but specials are hopefully making back up plans just in case. I also suggest we can semi-trust lady eri tommorow if no other manipulator of execution votes makes an appearance.

Anyway in summary I guess were stuck with this plan, but I am not changing my vote.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hey, here's a question for you folks.

Who else has been talking to AcidSerra via PM?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I think the better question is who have I missed... Oh and if I ahve missed you I'ms orry, I'm getting around to it, really.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

What have you been talking about that has you so concerned?

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

What have you been talking about that has you so concerned?
    AcidSerra wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    AcidSerra wrote:
    Oh and don't worry, I'm going to die on day one, it's jsut a matter of how many factions try to kill me at once.

What makes you so sure of that?

At the begining of the day I had 19 pms total, in and out, I now have 70. I have succesfully implicated some 6 different players to other players. I've announced myself to be a kgb in public, I've sent "misdirected" pms indicating myself as a KGB and as an Old Hand, to different people entirely. And I've represented myself to someone as a spy, and named a fictitious fellow conspirator.

Someone is going to kill me. I jsut want to see how much fall out I can leave behind in the mean time.

AcidSerra wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    But.... why?

Long term planning. If I go absolutely bonkers in this game, I will have a subsequently longer lifespan, and better chance to have fun in all games afterwards. I can be semi calm next game, I just need a rygar esque rapsheet before I start trying to edge into a precisionK/Dynagrip slot.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It sounds like he's sending out pm's stating that someone in the pm receiver list and others might be spies.

It's not a bad way to stay alive since you bring up enough suspicion that the rebels will realize the village will kill him before they need to worry about it. I'd suggest not worrying about it too much, just like valuepak coupons and CC offers.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    He thought my avatar was a bunny.....................

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    He thought my avatar was a bunny.....................
    I am the one and only bunny in this Phalla! All impostors will be destroyed! (Vote for me!)

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

It sounds like he's sending out pm's stating that someone in the pm receiver list and others might be spies.

It's not a bad way to stay alive since you bring up enough suspicion that the rebels will realize the village will kill him before they need to worry about it. I'd suggest not worrying about it too much, just like valuepak coupons and CC offers.

As my quotes show, he's basically telling everyone different things. Regardless, the dickery will do nothing good for us. Even if he's not a spy, he's only striving to sow chaos among us all.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    He asked me if I was the sympathizer. I told him that I am a True Communist! and it is ridiculous to think otherwise.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I am sad that I was not part of this spam AcidSerra is sending out.

On that note I !vote LadyEri be elected into power.

May she lead us to victory in the coming days. (Sorry guys, this is my last day off this week, so I should be posting a lot more started tomorrow night.)

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I !retract my vote for Lady Eri

and I !vote for Dark Primus

For foiling my fiendish plot! As well as assuring that I will live for more than one day...

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Acid told Rygar I wanted to kill him. I really hope I don't get killed because of a random accusation by a scheming schemer.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !retract my vote for Lady Eri

and I !vote for Dark Primus

For foiling my fiendish plot! As well as assuring that I will live for more than one day...
    Since Dark Primus ruined your plan, you want to elect him to lead you? How does that make sense...?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Are you asking for a Russian history lesson? Because that is a sign that you are no true Party Member!

No, I'm asking for the keys to your time machine.

Unless I'm missing something, we're Communist and proud of it. None of this head-blemish jibba-jabba.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770