As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Season of [True Blood]... Probably for the best.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    So am I the only one that thinks the new Sookie random hunky dude(as lostwords refered to him as) is
    actually Warlow?

I kind of thought that. I definitely think there is something up with him but I don't know about that. Didn't we see him out in the sunlight already?

I think we did but there it's starting to look like that a major theme this season revolves around Vamps in the pursuit of becoming daywalkers.
    Who's to say that Warlow and his pursuit of the royal Fairy blood isn't in some way related to Bill's new found interest in Fairy blood to protect his progeny.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hmmmm... And I suppose
    the whole fairy community had been destroyed and we know vampires can daywalk after drinking fairy blood.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    So am I the only one that thinks the new Sookie random hunky dude(as lostwords refered to him as) is
    actually Warlow?

I kind of thought that. I definitely think there is something up with him but I don't know about that. Didn't we see him out in the sunlight already?

When he met up with grandpappy,
    warlow did just kill off everyone in the fairy hideout, so he'd be full of fairy blood making him immune to sunlight. Plus Sookie telling him about the place could technically be an invitation, so there's that. Now to explain him being out in the sun when Sookie first finds him

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    actually Warlow?

warlow did just kill off everyone in the fairy hideout, so he'd be full of fairy blood making him immune to sunlight. Plus Sookie telling him about the place could technically be an invitation, so there's that. Now to explain him being out in the sun when Sookie first finds him
    I was thinking that he might be Warlow's servant/slave. He was the vampire that attacked him but didn't kill him, and made him drink his blood.... Warlow might be able to see through his eyes, or read his mind, or something like that
    There are so many random, unexpected surprises though... there's something about him, but I'm sure there is going to be some unexpected twist that throws off all of the guesses

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    actually Warlow?

I was thinking that he might be Warlow's servant/slave. He was the vampire that attacked him but didn't kill him, and made him drink his blood.... Warlow might be able to see through his eyes, or read his mind, or something like that
    There are so many random, unexpected surprises though... there's something about him, but I'm sure there is going to be some unexpected twist that throws off all of the guesses
    My theory is that it is Warlow, but Warlow is actually a halfling Fairy that was turned by Lilith. grandpappy said his blood is different if you recall.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't know whether to feel happy that
    I guessed right or sad that it was that predictable.
    Although I like that they didn't drag the speculation out and seemed to have jumped straight into resolving that storyline.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Spoiler that shit, foo!

I won't get to watch until tomorrow but I know your previous spoilers so it gives something away.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The episode was good, even if that particular reveal was predictable.

• Options
    Anyone else notice how obvious it was that the writers were jerking everyone around about who was going to be
    killed
    in last nights episode?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That episode was pretty bat shit crazy.

Also it was very good.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    No...

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck everything!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    This was the best episode of the season 14 minutes in and got better throughout.

• Options
    God damn this episode is going to make me miss Terry so much.

• Options
    Watching this tonight. Had to work an overnight last night so I missed it.

• Options
    So yeah, that episode made my cry.

• Options
    Just started the episode but had to say

WHAT THE FUCK
    ahahaha
    Eric just one-uped Russell

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I laughed really hard when Eric healed Jason. I love his snark.

• Options
    I like how it foreshadowed more Jason gay sex dreams

• Options
    edited August 2013
    That sucked. If you're going to watch it, watch the first half hour.

Now for spoilers:
    The first half hour was actually good and then woooow did things change. It starts with Eric nude tanning in Sweden (this was great), when his magic wears off, he catches fire, and presumably dies (doubt it until I see the pile, but still). And then it gets somehow worse with a 6 month jump to the current time where for some reason Sam is now fucking Mayor (seriously, Sam Merlotte is now mayor of a town. as if things weren't already horrible for that town), Bill's got a book, and it all ends with zombie vampires (I get that zombies are the one thing this show didn't have, but that was one of the few things I still enjoyed about the film. I've had as much zombies as I can take for at least the next few years, and the fact I even typed that should prove how overexposed zombies have been in entertainment over the last 5 or so years if even I am sick of it). See ya next season!

It feels like that entire last half hour was meant to be either a series finale, or the start of a final season. The entire season had been great before this too, I can't think of a single episode I didn't like a little bit of the season. Which makes the fact that it ended with that last half hour all the worse.

Being a fan of this show is the worst thing

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    It's kinda funny that this is the episode that puts you into a silly rant.

That was no different than like half the series up to this point.

• Options
    The upcoming 7th season will be its last, HBO and Alan Ball announced today.

• Options
    Thank God because the last half of that finale was stupid as fuck.

• Options
    Resurrecting this thread because the final season started tonight.

I'm in the process of watching it now.

My expectations are extremely low after that finale from last season.

• Options
    Oh snap thats tonight?

OK ill give it a go.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I love this show and I don't care who knows it.

I don't care 'bout no man's approval but my own.

• Options
    I loved the first six seasons up to the final half of the last episode.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Last season was my favorite.

Balls to the wall crazy is the best way this show functions.

• Options
    I will tolerate no hating of True Blood in my presence.

NO HATING

• Options
    I will, however, tolerate hatting.

Hatting is acceptable.

• Options
    i hatt this show so much

• Options
    Hatt me some True Blood

• Options
    This hattred is dishearttening.

• Options
    Nothing about that first episode makes me think this season is going to be amazing but I'm sure it will be fine

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I'm more interesting in following the side story arc. I get the feeling we've seen the rest of this before.
    Pam searching for Eric

• Options
    I'm more interesting in following the side story arc. I get the feeling we've seen the rest of this before.
    Pam searching for Eric

Yeah the rest of that episode was very underwhelming.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I loved the first six seasons up to the final half of the last episode.

This is me, specifically when they
    Hard-Resetted Bill. Goddammit Bill was actually fucking interesting then NOPE hard reset.

Also we didn't get Vampire Sookie. Still dissapoint

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    calling it now, last guy standing at the end of the season is Lafayette.

especially given (book spoilers)
    his early death; in book one I think?

• Options
    Finally watching last week's episode.

That was certainly a tittalating opening scene.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Sookie, the vampire.

• Options
    Finally watched the latest episode last night. Ha this season is finally starting to get good. Scene with Eric was awesome.

steam_sig.png