Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

sugoi'ed a man in [chat], just to watch him kawaii

1457910100

Posts

  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

    i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    Just use the initial of the first one?

    I'm not sure how many I have. I have a confirmation name but I think legally I still only have one middle name. I dunno.

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    tido14 wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    I should have waited til I could afford a box of patches before stopping smoking. This is balls.

    I just quit last month after 10 years. Hang in there.
    QCIWcOK.gif?1

    evilbob
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    FYI guys you've got 48 hours til shit really hits the fan. Consider yourselves warned.

    We love you so you have at least a little bit of a buffer before we go crazy.

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Last of Us looks good but I'm so sick of zombies that I will probably never play another zombie game ever again

    they've burned out the concept just as bad - if not worse - than WWII shooters

    they didn't feel like zombie zombies. I think they did a great job of making it feel fresh.

    minor spoilers:
    they're fungal zombies caused by people being infected with

    cordyceps_campanotus%20.jpg

    this stuff, the cordyceps fungi. some are blind and can only spot you with hearing, and some are in varying levels of infestation and some have just burst open to release spores

    and there's tons and tons of human enemies to fight. I sometimes found myself wishing I were fighting more zombies. They aren't in large hordes, they're often in small groups you either sneak past or pick one by one, splinter cell style.

    one thing that wasn't clear in ads is that it's not quite an apocolypse, but shit still sucks for the human race

    yeah I recall reading that, but it's just too much. The market is absolutely oversaturated and I want to be as far away from the idea as I can be indefinitely.
    Eponysterical!

    Evil MultifariousZombiemambo
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Jimmy Fallon mentioning used games only on PS4 and the price, that must suck MS

    I am a little surprised at how many mainstream media outlets have been picking up on stuff from this years E3.

    I guess everyone can smell the blood in the water.

    Rear Admiral Choco
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    Just use the initial of the first one?

    I'm not sure how many I have. I have a confirmation name but I think legally I still only have one middle name. I dunno.

    I only have one legally at the moment but that is obviously in a state of... deprecation.

  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Jimmy Fallon mentioning used games only on PS4 and the price, that must suck MS

    I am a little surprised at how many mainstream media outlets have been picking up on stuff from this years E3.

    I guess everyone can smell the blood in the water.

    New console hardware is huge business, cant blame them

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    Inquisitor
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    WTF Ice Cube is playing a very lightly edited version of Good Day on Fallon, I cant believe they allowed this.

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Last of Us looks good but I'm so sick of zombies that I will probably never play another zombie game ever again

    they've burned out the concept just as bad - if not worse - than WWII shooters

    they didn't feel like zombie zombies. I think they did a great job of making it feel fresh.

    minor spoilers:
    they're fungal zombies caused by people being infected with

    cordyceps_campanotus%20.jpg

    this stuff, the cordyceps fungi. some are blind and can only spot you with hearing, and some are in varying levels of infestation and some have just burst open to release spores

    and there's tons and tons of human enemies to fight. I sometimes found myself wishing I were fighting more zombies. They aren't in large hordes, they're often in small groups you either sneak past or pick one by one, splinter cell style.

    one thing that wasn't clear in ads is that it's not quite an apocolypse, but shit still sucks for the human race

    yeah I recall reading that, but it's just too much. The market is absolutely oversaturated and I want to be as far away from the idea as I can be indefinitely.
    Eponysterical!

    I want you to know that I got this, and I appreciate it, and you're a good person.

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I don't use my confirmation name at all because people think it's goofy and I'm not Catholic anymore. Down with the papist conspiracy. #freelorc

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

    i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

    The first half is weak and mostly setup

    The second half is the old arrdev magic and it all pays off.

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    TehSloth
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

    ß

    "In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

    While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

    Best I could find.

    Inquisitor on
    Shivahn
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    I have two middle names, and usually just pick one or the other. Seems to work well enough for me.

    工事中
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

    Do a cool looking double lightning bolt symbol. People will think you're awesome when they see that.

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

    ShivahnKana
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

    ß

    "In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

    While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

    Best I could find.

    I dunno, § looks cooler to me. *shrug*

    工事中
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

    ß

    "In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

    While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

    Best I could find.

    I dunno, § looks cooler to me. *shrug*

    It does look cooler but, what does it mean?

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    I have two middle names, and usually just pick one or the other. Seems to work well enough for me.

    Fortunately they are the same initials, but I'll just put one in the first name field and be fine.

    I mean I could also use a different name or leave one out but damn it I am earning this name I'm gonna use it.

  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Last of Us looks good but I'm so sick of zombies that I will probably never play another zombie game ever again

    they've burned out the concept just as bad - if not worse - than WWII shooters

    they didn't feel like zombie zombies. I think they did a great job of making it feel fresh.

    minor spoilers:
    they're fungal zombies caused by people being infected with

    cordyceps_campanotus%20.jpg

    this stuff, the cordyceps fungi. some are blind and can only spot you with hearing, and some are in varying levels of infestation and some have just burst open to release spores

    and there's tons and tons of human enemies to fight. I sometimes found myself wishing I were fighting more zombies. They aren't in large hordes, they're often in small groups you either sneak past or pick one by one, splinter cell style.

    one thing that wasn't clear in ads is that it's not quite an apocolypse, but shit still sucks for the human race

    yeah I recall reading that, but it's just too much. The market is absolutely oversaturated and I want to be as far away from the idea as I can be indefinitely.
    Eponysterical!

    I want you to know that I got this, and I appreciate it, and you're a good person.
    I feel like I should say that I didn't come up with the term

  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

    i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it
    it's worth checking out the rest if you can. I know you've said you don't really watch stuff without her.

    a plot line takes place in hollywood but you get more of other characters as it goes on, and less of Michael's story which is about the movie.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling4.png?dl=0
  • TehSlothTehSloth mr steal yo lunch Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

    i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

    The first half is weak and mostly setup

    The second half is the old arrdev magic and it all pays off.

    Yeah, you're so close, you should really finish it out -- it starts REALLY picking up just a few more episodes in.

    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    Evil Multifarious
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    It's weirdly cold and windy right now.

    I am so happy.

    DasUberEdward
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Whoops!
    You need to enable javascript to do that.

    steam_sig.png
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy RESIST. Registered User regular
    @Eddy - Love the title of this [chat].

  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

    ß

    "In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

    While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

    Best I could find.

    I dunno, § looks cooler to me. *shrug*

    It does look cooler but, what does it mean?

    (Bah, internet shat itself again)

    Wiki:
    The section sign (§, Unicode U+00A7, HTML entity §) is a typographical character used mainly to refer to a particular section of a document, such as a legal code.[1] It is also called "double S", "sectional symbol", "the legal doughnut", signum sectiōnis.

    It is frequently used along with the pilcrow (¶), or paragraph sign. When duplicated, as §§, it is read as the plural "sections" (§§ 13–21), much as "pp." (pages) is the plural of "p." (short for the Latin pagina). The likely origin of the section sign is the digraph formed by the combination of two S'es (from the Latin signum sectionis).

    Like the dagger (†) and double dagger (‡), it is also sometimes used to link to a footnote where the asterisk (*) is already in use on a given page; however, these usages are declining in favor of numbered footnotes, usually linked by a superscripted and/or square bracketed number.

    工事中
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

    i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

    It does get much better but it also doesn't reach the point it was building toward. I was post surprised when there were no more episodes left

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie got mad at the new arrested development season after about episode 4 or 5 and we stopped watching it.

    i agree that it's a lot darker and also that it has too much hollywood bullshit in it. still, i'd like to see the rest of it

    It does get much better but it also doesn't reach the point it was building toward. I was post surprised when there were no more episodes left

    it was arrested development

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling4.png?dl=0
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Somedays I really wonder why the west has so disowned its own martial heritage but seems so interested in eastern martial arts.

    Probably something something Orientalism.

    DasUberEdwardShivahnEvil Multifarious
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Welcome back to the land of the internet Coke.

    Interesting! For some reason I had a really hard time googling that character, google just didn't want to recognize it.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    one looks all cool and fancy

    steam_sig.png
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Something something technology outstripping necessity for individual martial arts skills.

    Fuck Firearm Fetishism
    86 45
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    I read an article about the PS3 bricking issue and apparently the main feature of the update was the ability to turn off trophy notifications. I will be making use of this new feature!

    I'm not sure why achievements grate on me so much but I think a large part of it is that the look and sound of the notifications aren't specific to their games, which makes them feel like they aren't really part of the games, which makes them feel like intrusions.

    I played a little bit of Uncharted one time, and it does a weird thing where every trophy notification is displayed twice in a row. The first time, the notification is themed to the game - it looks like it's been printed on a scroll or something like that, and the little musical cue fits in with the game's soundtrack. And then, right after that, the same words come on the screen again, except this time in the standard PS3 trophy format, with the standard chime. And the game-themed notifications felt way less intrusive.

  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Welcome back to the land of the internet Coke.

    Interesting! For some reason I had a really hard time googling that character, google just didn't want to recognize it.

    Yeah, the internet at my office is ... unreliable to say the least. But at this point, I'm mostly used to it.

    Odd that Google wouldn't recognize it, though. Hm...

    工事中
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    knitdan wrote: »
    Something something technology outstripping necessity for individual martial arts skills.

    Oh certainly, martial arts aren't needed anymore with guns and stuff. I just wonder why people in the west seem to be rather interested in asian martial arts, especially say, Japanese stuff, the katana, etc.

    But hold no interest in western martial arts, say, rapier and dagger fencing, longswords, etc.

    Inquisitor on
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I read an article about the PS3 bricking issue and apparently the main feature of the update was the ability to turn off trophy notifications. I will be making use of this new feature!

    I'm not sure why achievements grate on me so much but I think a large part of it is that the look and sound of the notifications aren't specific to their games, which makes them feel like they aren't really part of the games, which makes them feel like intrusions.

    I played a little bit of Uncharted one time, and it does a weird thing where every trophy notification is displayed twice in a row. The first time, the notification is themed to the game - it looks like it's been printed on a scroll or something like that, and the little musical cue fits in with the game's soundtrack. And then, right after that, the same words come on the screen again, except this time in the standard PS3 trophy format, with the standard chime. And the game-themed notifications felt way less intrusive.

    I'm glad you can turn em off. I don't mind them in principle but they pull me out of the game for sure.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling4.png?dl=0
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Little shop near my house run by super friendly Vietnamese couple doesn't have any of the old flavour of the energy drink I like anymore. :( Gonna have to find something else to buy there whenever I go past.

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

    Shivahn
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grr.

    I am gonna have two middle names.

    But most internet forms assume one initial. Curses.

    One wouldn't happen to start with an A and one with an E, would it?

    Because then you could Æ it up.

    Ha, I wish.

    SS

    ß

    "In the German alphabet, ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs). Like double "s", when speaking it is pronounced (s) (see IPA). In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels. Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling. Its German name is Eszett (IPA: [ʔɛsˈt͡sɛt], the lexicalized expression for "sz", from "es-zed") or scharfes S (IPA: [ˈʃaʁfəs ˈʔɛs, ˈʃaːfəs ˈʔɛs], "sharp S").

    While the letter "ß" has been used in other languages, it is today used only in German. However, it is not used in all German-speaking countries, in particular not in Switzerland nor Liechtenstein.[1] German speakers in Belgium,[2] Denmark,[3] Luxembourg[4] and South Tyrol, Italy[5] follow the standard rules for ß used in Germany and Austria."

    Best I could find.

    I dunno, § looks cooler to me. *shrug*

    It does look cooler but, what does it mean?

    (Bah, internet shat itself again)

    Wiki:
    The section sign (§, Unicode U+00A7, HTML entity §) is a typographical character used mainly to refer to a particular section of a document, such as a legal code.[1] It is also called "double S", "sectional symbol", "the legal doughnut", signum sectiōnis.

    It is frequently used along with the pilcrow (¶), or paragraph sign. When duplicated, as §§, it is read as the plural "sections" (§§ 13–21), much as "pp." (pages) is the plural of "p." (short for the Latin pagina). The likely origin of the section sign is the digraph formed by the combination of two S'es (from the Latin signum sectionis).

    Like the dagger (†) and double dagger (‡), it is also sometimes used to link to a footnote where the asterisk (*) is already in use on a given page; however, these usages are declining in favor of numbered footnotes, usually linked by a superscripted and/or square bracketed number.

    00A7 eh? I'll try to remember that.

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    hmmm what to do on payday

    day off

    first time with a lil cash in forever

    hmmm

    DasUberEdward
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Somedays I really wonder why the west has so disowned its own martial heritage but seems so interested in eastern martial arts.

    Probably something something Orientalism.

    Exoticism, "ancient Chinese secret," etc.

    Inquisitor
1457910100
This discussion has been closed.