Options

[Animal Crossing] With new friend code list so we know where you sleep

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Thread title is racist!
    Where are the AC cops when I need them?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Where are the AC cops when I need them?

You have to talk to Isabelle about that.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've opened my gates and I've closed the lid so hopefully it'll stay open for a good chunk of tonight. I have most fruit ready to be picked from the trees.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hrm. So public work projects are a bit expensive. Moreso than I really have the means to. I'm guessing people from other towns can donate to them? Might start opening my town earlier if this is the case.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Hrm. So public work projects are a bit expensive. Moreso than I really have the means to. I'm guessing people from other towns can donate to them? Might start opening my town earlier if this is the case.

Beetles. Go to the island and farm beetles. You can make a million a night in about an hour if your lucky, and half a mil if you aren't. I wouldn't expect everyone else to pay off your town works as we've all got townies demanding wind turbines and towers and shit.

I also acknowledge that may not be how you meant that comment, but it's sure how it looks to me.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Beetles. Go to the island and farm beetles. You can make a million a night in about an hour if your lucky, and half a mil if you aren't. I wouldn't expect everyone else to pay off your town works as we've all got townies demanding wind turbines and towers and shit.

I also acknowledge that may not be how you meant that comment, but it's sure how it looks to me.
    I....do not yet have access to the island. Maybe I will tommorow. Maybe I won't. We'll see.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Damnit, @SwashbucklerXX, I need more of a hint than that. :P

I buried something in your town. You'll find it... someday. :D (It's not far from your house, check near flowers)

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    FAIL

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

I....do not yet have access to the island. Maybe I will tommorow. Maybe I won't. We'll see.

The island opens after you pay you first mortgage, the 40k one. Spend an hour or so shark fishing. Just walk up and down your beach, scare away anything that doesn't have a fin, catch the things with fins. Sharks go for 5 - 15k per depending on the type. Best to worst goes Shark > Saw shark > hammerhead > sunfish. About an hour gets you the island, which gets you the cash to pimp your shit. ACNL throws more bells at you than ever before because there's more money sinks build in.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    BNfk8hFCAAAtuLM.jpg:large
    Space Room is best room

• Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    Nice shirt, captaink! :P

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Shirt courtesy of @Wassermelone !

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    captaink wrote: »
    Shirt courtesy of @Wassermelone !

Ahaha, I know because I am married to him :P I just think I'm funny!

Ammaline on
    My art tumblr
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Yesssssssssss

*edit

About the shirt

Not the wife

Booooooo boooooo

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    And so the clock strikes 9:00, and I am denied a Char for another day.

Here's hoping we all get one by month's end.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    @Conn, they spawn a lot in the bottom of the waterfall at my beach. Try my place next time I open up.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    I got mine earlier actually! It was raining and I decided to comb the rivers for rare fish, since I managed to get my Coelacanth the last time it rained. Didn't get many rare river fish, none I had't found before, except for the Char.
    So now to chop a few trees and hope to find that bug.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    BNfk8hFCAAAtuLM.jpg:large
    Space Room is best room

You should come to my town and get a Starfleet uniform of your era choice.

Also I need you to get a catalog and order me all that stuff stat!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Conn wrote: »
    And so the clock strikes 9:00, and I am denied a Char for another day.

Here's hoping we all get one by month's end.

Mine was obvious.

"Hey, why is there a fish in the gap between my beaches? Under... the... waterfall..."

• Options
    @Conn, they spawn a lot in the bottom of the waterfall at my beach. Try my place next time I open up.

...wait, THAT waterfall? I thought they meant the waterfall at the beginning of the river.

Motherfucker.

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I caught mine at the waterfall between my beaches too. Did someone have a list of what we need to catch before June 30?

Oh @captaink I bought a space station from one of my neighbors. I can see if I can order you one. It is big though. It spins too.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    7nrtp8R.jpg

I've got my Spaceship Earth wallpaper, my Epcot Center shirt, and a few photos of my girlfriend on the walls. :)

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I caught mine at the waterfall between my beaches too. Did someone have a list of what we need to catch before June 30?

Oh @captaink I bought a space station from one of my neighbors. I can see if I can order you one. It is big though. It spins too.

http://animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-guide-last-chance-catches-june-new-leaf/

That's where I got it from. If they do something like that for every month, I will be forever grateful.

EDIT: Courtesy as well of @Taya who posted it in the SE++ thread originally.

Conn on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular

http://animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-guide-last-chance-catches-june-new-leaf/

That's where I got it from. If they do something like that for every month, I will be forever grateful.

Wait, you can catch fireflys? I could have sworn I tried.

Pretty sure I am out of luck on the beetle on that list. If it's not on the island and it doesn't make a noise I do not pay enough attention to whatever is on trees.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    Dritz wrote: »

Wait, you can catch fireflys? I could have sworn I tried.

Pretty sure I am out of luck on the beetle on that list. If it's not on the island and it doesn't make a noise I do not pay enough attention to whatever is on trees.

They show up on stumps. If you cut down a batch of trees and keep the stumps, violin beetles will eventually show up.

• Options
    I have everything except the beetle. I have one stump in my village just for it, and I just can't angle the net correctly. I scare the damn thing away every time.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I opened my gates, dropped a bunch of cherries in front of the station, and closed the lid. Anyone interested should visit Gypsyton asap!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    How do you put pictures in the game?

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Drat. I went to go buy the game at Gamestop (only game shop within 20 miles), and they only had virtual copies available. No good when I have 2 3DS handhelds (unsure if data is transferable). Ordered it, and waiting day by day for it to arrive.
    Upon quick scanning, I notice there are month-specific items to be had? I'll go back and try all the links in the OP, but if anybody has any tips or suggestions for what to do before I miss out on exclusives, please PM me.
    Also, I'm extremely new to having a 3DS. Bought it less than 4 months ago to pick up Pokemon Black/White and Black 2 (haven't bought White 2 yet), and got X and Y on preorder.
    The whole 'exchanging friend codes' thing is way above my head until I have more time to look up the details on it, but I assume it's quick and mostly painless.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The friends code thing is really easy! On your home screen (home button bottom middle, which you can hit while in game, but not during online multiplayer) you just click on the little square orange smiley and then 'register friend'. They have to have your code as well, which you can find on the same page! On the first page of this thread is a loooong list of people playing the game--I still haven't managed to add everyone yet!

As for month specific items, I think they are (at least some of them) able to be ordered from the catalog, so if you have missed anything you probably could find someone who has it to borrow it/get it in your catalog to order later! I know the raccoon clock can be ordered, for example!

Ammaline on
    My art tumblr
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    New thread!

Kicks is building, shop upgrading tomorrow, QR unlocked. Good day

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    So. I found an item worth 1.4 million bells being sold in a shop. This is probably old news, but if it isn't..

actual spoiler:
    It's the King's Crown. I guess dressin like a king means being as wealthy as one, too.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Shurakai wrote: »
    So. I found an item worth 1.4 million bells being sold in a shop. This is probably old news, but if it isn't..

actual spoiler:
    It's the King's Crown. I guess dressin like a king means being as wealthy as one, too.

I got that in my shop today, too. I can never tell what is and isn't coincidence in this game. :P

Another tool that's probably worth going in the OP, from last thread:

https://github.com/jefff/animalcrossingqr
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4hapxgb3hxh9ow/Version_0.2.zip

QR code program for Animal Crossing. Import any normal image, it spits out a QR code for the pattern it generates.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Haha, I was just given the clear model by a neighbor! I thought it would be like a clear model that goes on a table, like one you paint/a toy. It's totally a giant clear body with a circulatory system and a heart. Creepy, Chow, very creepy! One of you guys with dank basement dungeons might want it, so I'll hold on to it :P

My art tumblr
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Ammaline wrote: »
    Haha, I was just given the clear model by a neighbor! I thought it would be like a clear model that goes on a table, like one you paint/a toy. It's totally a giant clear body with a circulatory system and a heart. Creepy, Chow, very creepy! One of you guys with dank basement dungeons might want it, so I'll hold on to it :P

With days to wait for my game to finally ship, I do believe I have been given a sign by the gods of what my house theme should be. ^_^
    And not to stretch outside the rules for this thread too far, do I need to just enter the codes and wait for you all to add me, or does it automatically accept and I can stalk you all? :P
    I'm guessing I don't need the game for the codes, but I'll wait for confirmation before I just jump into it.

Edit:
    Made a stupid. You said "in game"...guess I'll have to wait. :(

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    edited June 2013
    You don't need the game to start putting in codes, so you could get a head start on what is a fairly big task. The game has a lot of fun stuff if you want to make your house really crazy.

Let me know if you need a dead body :|

edit--not a stupid, I just wasn't clear! You can add them at any time to your system, unless you are already online/playing with people. In game or not! The friend's codes are not game specific. So if we were both playing Harvest Moon or something, we would have already traded friend's codes for Animal Crossing, so we wouldn't need to trade codes again, we would still be friends. If that makes sense! After you get the game you should add your code to the list on the top post here, but you can add the people on the list to your ds any time.

Ammaline on
    My art tumblr
  • Options
    You don't need the game to start putting in codes, so you could get a head start on what is a fairly big task. The game has a lot of fun stuff if you want to make your house really crazy.

Let me know if you need a dead body :|

It's gonna be doubly rough, because I have 2 3DS handhelds to put all those codes into.
    Debating if I should even bother...but if I only do one 3DS, do you suppose the friend data would translate between the two?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    After you get the game you should add your code to the list on the top post here, but you can add the people on the list to your ds any time.

Done and working on it.
    Obviously not an easy answer, but how active are most of the participants of the entered friend codes? Of 140 different entries, I'm curious how many check back to add the "newbies" from the list.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Re: viamolin beetles. Set up a stump somewhere instantly visible when you leave your house and Re-tail. You'll walk by more often and each time you enter and leave you'll force a new chance for a re-spawn.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Drat. I went to go buy the game at Gamestop (only game shop within 20 miles), and they only had virtual copies available. No good when I have 2 3DS handhelds (unsure if data is transferable). Ordered it, and waiting day by day for it to arrive.
    Upon quick scanning, I notice there are month-specific items to be had? I'll go back and try all the links in the OP, but if anybody has any tips or suggestions for what to do before I miss out on exclusives, please PM me.
    Also, I'm extremely new to having a 3DS. Bought it less than 4 months ago to pick up Pokemon Black/White and Black 2 (haven't bought White 2 yet), and got X and Y on preorder.
    The whole 'exchanging friend codes' thing is way above my head until I have more time to look up the details on it, but I assume it's quick and mostly painless.

Save games are on the system rather than the cart so your plans to swap between 3DSs was doomed anyway I'm afraid.

Edit: Lies, lies, lies!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif