Options

[Animal Crossing] With new friend code list so we know where you sleep

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    To me that's just more reason to go with non-risky money making methods. :P

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I totally made a diamond sword symbol freehand, it actually turned out quite well, I'll have to try and stick it into retail and see if I get any bell monies

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    To me that's just more reason to go with non-risky money making methods. :P

Haha, yeah, I don't put everything in turnips anymore! Lots of perfect fruit in other towns and beetles. So many beetles.

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Maz- wrote: »
    So how do I display a pro design that I got from a QR code in the store? It doesn't let me select the pro designs when I choose "Display my design!".

It's not your design, you didn't make it! You can display it if you make it yourself.
    Yeah I feel like there should be sites where the point is sharing designs so you can make them yourself, paint-by-number style. Lets you modify them etc.

There are several in the OP or you could use the QR-code-generating app

In the case of the latter, you can open a pattern via a QR code. Ownership data is stored in the QR code (Player name, town, and unique ID) and if you modify that, you can then be the 'owner' of the pattern in-game.

Zetx on
  • Options
    I know that, I linked many of them. I mean a site specifically for sharing these images, other than just uploading to imgur or something. Just so that others can own the designs.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I bought a couple hundred turnips, but that's about it....with other ways to make money I won't be doing the 1 mill + turnip buying that I did in City Folk anymore.

Also, my wife was catching all kinds of new and neat fish yesterday and when I went fishing: "OH HAI SEA BASS! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!" :evil:

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I may have 93 non native fruit trees planted. I may be crazy.

Every day I buy the one sapling from the garden store and extend my forest area.

I buy the saplings but only because it's how you get one of the silver tools. You want a bunch of saplings? I've been putting them in a drawer.

You have any cedar saplings stashed away? Trying to convert my town to evergreens.

Out of the 8 saplings I have, 7 are cedar.

Are... are we friends? We should be friends.

Seriously though, I would be very interested.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I know that, I linked many of them. I mean a site specifically for sharing these images, other than just uploading to imgur or something. Just so that others can own the designs.

You could use the second method I suggested with the QR-generating app:

1. Have someone upload their paint-by-numbers as a QR code.
    2. Use that QR code image in the app.
    3. Change the ownership information.
    4. Scan QR code at Able's

• Options
    Someone with some talent needs to please make me a Superman crest so that can be my towns flag.

Please! I'll gladly pay in emoticons and gratitude!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ammaline wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Something strange just happened. I'd finished my morning routine in game and saved and quit to go check my streetpass. When I load the game back up I start to notice some flowers are brown, then I notice more fossils even though I'd dug them up already. I go to TnT and their shop has all new stuff.

I run over to Nooks and he tells me that my expansion is done and when I go home the expansion I'd just ordered is done. I still have the same inventory and everything I did this morning is still there. I did not touch my date and time but it somehow thinks a day has passed.

Dr. Who visited.

Seriously. The game thinks I time traveled. I can't explain it. I'm assuming all my turnips are toast.

Hey, did you happen to switch your cartridge between different ds'? I had the same thing happen to me--it's what made me start just kind of give up time travel anyway, because it happened to me more than once. Lost turnips the first time, not the second, but someone had moved. I hadn't heard anything about anyone moving, and I talk to them every day, so it was strange! At the time I had put seriously everything in turnips, so I was pretty peeved :| Still love the game, still having fun, don't get me wrong :P

The first time it happened was when I swapped it to a different 3ds, so I was just wondering if it was possibly related at all or it it was just coincidence.

Nope. I have the digital version.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I may have even encouraged @_J_ in his perversions via a letter sent to his post office today. What have I done?

Got your letter! Song is familiar, but I cannot place it. Damn AC's limited music!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    New upgrade schedule seems to be correct, so far.

Received the Museum upgrade option yesterday. Construction completed this morning.

9101463901_d658946dbf_o.jpg

Smaller calendar version:
    9103702798_b1eb1e2579_o.jpg

So, Club LoL on Wednesday, and 3 construction starts this Sunday, it seems.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Someone with some talent needs to please make me a Superman crest so that can be my towns flag.

@Brainiac

Step 1:
    Take this

250px-Superman_shield.png

Turn it into a 32 x 32 jpg in photoshop, or Paint if you don't have photoshop.

Step 2:
    Upload the 32x32 to this site

Step 3:
    Follow the paint-by-number the above site gives you.

Edit: Oh, what the hell. I'll do steps 1 and 2 for you.

l2YVX7j.jpg

_J_ on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    oh man. I got Redd in my town today, and I walked in there to discover the paintings are actual paintings. I bought Rembrandt's "The Nights Watch" the moment I saw it

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Found this, but it's obviously not a QR code...

superman--article_image.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Received the Museum upgrade option yesterday. Construction completed this morning.

My QR station unlocked and I missed talking to Sable once in the middle of it so I know it's not 10 days in a row but that doesn't mean there isn't some length of time that wouldn't reset the conversation chain.

• Options

My QR station unlocked and I missed talking to Sable once in the middle of it so I know it's not 10 days in a row but that doesn't mean there isn't some length of time that wouldn't reset the conversation chain.

Thanks for the info! Did you talk to her 10 days total, but not in a row, before it unlocked?

• Options

Thanks for the info! Did you talk to her 10 days total, but not in a row, before it unlocked?

I want to say that it opened the day after Kicks came in but I'm doubting myself a little. Dammit, I wish I had paid better attention.

No, no, that's right, I've shopped at Kicks 3 times and had the QR since yesterday so yeah, it has to be 10 days but there can be breaks in there apparently.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    3ruMtJ7.jpg

I'm liable to go just as insane while reading everybody's awesome posts about the game, yet not having my damn copy yet.
    Please, post office...get my game to me NAO!!!

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Also, once I do get my game, if there's anything that needs fresh testing for the upgrade schedule, let me know (as an instance of conflict has arisen).

• Options

I want to say that it opened the day after Kicks came in but I'm doubting myself a little. Dammit, I wish I had paid better attention.

No, no, that's right, I've shopped at Kicks 3 times and had the QR since yesterday so yeah, it has to be 10 days but there can be breaks in there apparently.

KK. Was curious if missing a day required players to talk to her for an additional day, or if it's a set 10-day dialog that permits gaps.

I shall modify the guide accordingly. Super-thanks for the data!

• Options

KK. Was curious if missing a day required players to talk to her for an additional day, or if it's a set 10-day dialog that permits gaps.

I shall modify the guide accordingly. Super-thanks for the data!

It definitely permits gaps but how long those gaps can be I don't know. I would be very surprised if they were limitless tho.

• Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    7nrtp8R.jpg

I've got my Spaceship Earth wallpaper, my Epcot Center shirt, and a few photos of my girlfriend on the walls. :)

Oooooh. Got a QR for the wallpaper?

I would like a QR for the pictures of your girlfriend. Please and thank you.

After a while, you don't even see the code.. I only see blonde.. brunette..

• Options
    Also, once I do get my game, if there's anything that needs fresh testing for the upgrade schedule, let me know (as an instance of conflict has arisen).

The Garden Center unlock could use a bit of testing.

All the guides say 30 Gardening Tasks. The question is whether or not some number of days have to pass. I checked various forums, and posts about Garden Center construction began to appear on either the 13th, or on the 14th saying it started construction the previous day. And now that I'm reading the schedule I see that I forgot to delete the 5 day requirement. That needs fixed.

Anyway. If you could do 30 Gardening tasks on your first day (shake trees, pull weeds, plant shit) and let us know whether or not the Garden Center begins construction the next day I would super appreciate it. I'll be happy to contribute fruit / flowers for you to plant.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm pretty certain I shook more than 30 trees on the first day and the garden center was only built on day 4 or 5.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options

@Brainiac

Step 1:
    Take this

250px-Superman_shield.png

Turn it into a 32 x 32 jpg in photoshop, or Paint if you don't have photoshop.

Step 2:
    Upload the 32x32 to this site

Step 3:
    Follow the paint-by-number the above site gives you.

Edit: Oh, what the hell. I'll do steps 1 and 2 for you.

l2YVX7j.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks.

:D:D :bz 8-> 8->

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I may have even encouraged @_J_ in his perversions via a letter sent to his post office today. What have I done?

Got your letter! Song is familiar, but I cannot place it. Damn AC's limited music!

It's the chorus to Like A Virgin:
    http://www.qrcrossing.com/melody/?s=mljnlnoioijiifnh . I know I just told you that, but I had to share with the class. ;)

I have it as my town tune right now for funsies, and it was adorable when my sheep strolled by whistling it this morning.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty certain I shook more than 30 trees on the first day and the garden center was only built on day 4 or 5.

I doubt highly that shaking trees is a requirement/acceptable action there. Planting, weeding and watering would be the only actions that make sense.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure Kicks takes 10 days either. This past Sunday was my "10 days since start," and Kicks started construction on Saturday. The QR and T&T Mart upgrade started on Sunday, but Isabelle didn't ofter me Dream Suite until today. I'm pretty sure I went into town hall yesterday (Sunday), and she wasn't sleeping.

Now that I'll have Dream Suite, it's time to get on designing my button for PAX Prime. I'm going to put my Dream Suite address on it, but I'm not sure what the rest of the design will be.

Maybe I'll find a cool cosplay QR and put my Villager on the button? Hmm.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm not sure Kicks takes 10 days either. This past Sunday was my "10 days since start," and Kicks started construction on Saturday. The QR and T&T Mart upgrade started on Sunday, but Isabelle didn't ofter me Dream Suite until today. I'm pretty sure I went into town hall yesterday (Sunday), and she wasn't sleeping.

I thought that was just the first day that whenever you enter there's a CHANCE she's sleeping.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I doubt highly that shaking trees is a requirement/acceptable action there. Planting, weeding and watering would be the only actions that make sense.

Hm, even then, I planted at least 10 trees on day 2 and watered every single flower I had.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    akjak wrote: »

That is very strange. I'll need to dig around and check the Kicks upgrade requirements.

In the meantime, here is the updated schedule:
    9129153452_50cfd3e983_b.jpg

-Removed day requirement from Garden Center
    - Removed "in a row" from QR machine 10 day requirement

Edit:
    hHbBxFZ.jpg

Blathers Pondering.

Unrelated to guide, but amusing:
    wMdOY2I.jpg

The popper reaction face amuses me. Glad I timed this picture well.

hHQu2hY.jpg

Hmm...what to do...what to do...

_J_ on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think I SHOULDN'T open my town, since most of you seem to be axe murderers.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think I SHOULDN'T open my town, since most of you seem to be axe murderers.

_J_ is just like Freddie, if you don't believe in him, he can't hurt you.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

_J_ is just like Freddie, if you don't believe in him, he can't hurt you.

_J_ showed up in Phoenix today dressed quite dapper.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So wait. Is he a singing freddie or a stabbing freddie?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Registered User regular
    So wait. Is he a singing freddie or a stabbing freddie?

Both?

My art tumblr
    3DS : 2165-5535-6036
  • Options
    By the way, despite the upgrade schedule there is one more shop that people are likely to get only after a super long time of playing, probably wildly variable.
    It is Katrina's Fortune Telling Mansion. Only can construct it as a public works project after she has told you 20 fortunes, then you talk to her one more time.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The Garden Center unlock could use a bit of testing.

All the guides say 30 Gardening Tasks. The question is whether or not some number of days have to pass. I checked various forums, and posts about Garden Center construction began to appear on either the 13th, or on the 14th saying it started construction the previous day. And now that I'm reading the schedule I see that I forgot to delete the 5 day requirement. That needs fixed.

Anyway. If you could do 30 Gardening tasks on your first day (shake trees, pull weeds, plant shit) and let us know whether or not the Garden Center begins construction the next day I would super appreciate it. I'll be happy to contribute fruit / flowers for you to plant.

First day task.
    captain_teemo_on_duty_by_frostykzink-d5bkgd8.jpg

Well...first day when I GET the game. >_<

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Damn, I want Stonehenge! The only public work thing recommended has been a torch and I'm going streetlights for my city illumination needs.

So the good thing about my game glitching is I'm a day ahead on getting my house fully upgraded. I'll need to his money island hard tonight though to pay off nook and get tomorrow's reno going before his shop closes.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork