As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pork [Chat]

SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
I am making these and I can't be bothered to make a thread right now!

giantporkchops1.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Those look delicious.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I could have made a thread.

It would have had dinner already done!

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Pork barrel [chat]ting will sink this great eNation.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Dammit now I'm too hungry to sleep. This is bullcrap.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, Elki.

I love seeing the comics again.

edit: I'm not sure I ever saw that one. Cool.

Tamin on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Well fuck I'm so old I forgot Trix were balls before they were fruit shapes then went back to balls.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    There was a reddit meme today about trix cereal going from fruit shapes to regular balls.

The meme was basically "what if Trix really are for kids and we can't see the magical shapes anymore because we're old?"

Mind.
    Blown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtIHkMuDY8

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Well fuck I'm so old I forgot Trix were balls before they were fruit shapes then went back to balls.

Kids love balls.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tamin wrote:
    I might argue that the power comes from the sheer barrage of examples. She doesn't really let up. One example, or two? "oh, those are tragic". 15? 20? 50? ...

it very well may have power, insofar as its facts and its presentation make a strong case in support of its thesis. i'm not saying that its argument is weak. i'm saying that i find it uninteresting and it doesn't engage me. there are a lot of things in which i believe that certain people could argue boringly.
    I think associating it with tvtropes is deeply unfair, because the word "trope" has been around for a long time.

If the situation were slightly different; say, if
    a) the site had been "tv-trans" and it collected examples of trans culture in the media and
    b) the video series focused on the same sort of thing

then would your post read the same way? "annoying framework with the tv-trans-ness of it"?

Yeah, she's not a flashy presenter, but I don't know if being flashy would help in this case. Nor do I really know what level she's talking on - like inqui said, is it really feminism 101?

but I found the videos reasonable

i'm not talking about trope as a word- i'm talking about tv tropes specifically as the community of really unpleasant memetic masturbators who sling around databases of data and very much like their labels for everything. from what i can see, the lady who makes these videos isn't as obnoxious as those people and she speaks well. but the dryness of it and the packaging and the long lists feel very much to me like browsing a given page on tv tropes: long and repetitious and diluted (in terms of interestingness) due to those characteristics.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    As a Muslim, this [chat] offends me.

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am making these and I can't be bothered to make a thread right now!

giantporkchops1.jpg

Lemon pepper pork chops all up ins.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    If fantasies about muscular trans women carrying him out of a bar are true then Quids love balls too.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQJf93yqy2A

I asked this a few weeks ago, but didn't get any responses. Trying one more time.

There is a section of this song (from 1:38 to 1:48 or so) that reminds me of something else, but I can't quite place it. I think it's similar to a video game. Anyone?

• Options

/starts drawing a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed in MS Paint.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Kids love balls.

Hello children! I want to put my Chocolate salty balls in your mouth.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Man, msmya's news has me listening to all this breakup music.

I FEEL THE NEED TO KARAOKE.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Tamin wrote:
    I might argue that the power comes from the sheer barrage of examples. She doesn't really let up. One example, or two? "oh, those are tragic". 15? 20? 50? ...

it very well may have power, insofar as its facts and its presentation make a strong case in support of its thesis. i'm not saying that its argument is weak. i'm saying that i find it uninteresting and it doesn't engage me. there are a lot of things in which i believe that certain people could argue boringly.
    I think associating it with tvtropes is deeply unfair, because the word "trope" has been around for a long time.

a) the site had been "tv-trans" and it collected examples of trans culture in the media and

then would your post read the same way? "annoying framework with the tv-trans-ness of it"?

Yeah, she's not a flashy presenter, but I don't know if being flashy would help in this case. Nor do I really know what level she's talking on - like inqui said, is it really feminism 101?

i'm not talking about trope as a word- i'm talking about tv tropes specifically as the community of really unpleasant memetic masturbators who sling around databases of data and very much like their labels for everything. from what i can see, the lady who makes these videos isn't as obnoxious as those people and she speaks well. but the dryness of it and the packaging and the long lists feel very much to me like browsing a given page on tv tropes: long and repetitious and diluted (in terms of interestingness) due to those characteristics.

ok, then. Wasn't sure how you meant it, so figured I'd better ask. Thanks.

• Options
    Holy shit.

I have made chicken enchiladas that when they have Tapatio on them literally, literally taste like flamin' hot Cheetos.

• Options
    SammyF wrote: »

/starts drawing a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed in MS Paint.

Ooo, do you think there are any time-lapse versions of that using Cheetos? I always like those.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

oh, yes. I was in the car when I heard, and the phone was being dumb

*hugs* msmya

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Golden+Age+Porky.bmp

This is not okay.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    going back to re-read old PA newsposts that I missed
    Even if Microsoft can’t communicate it, or did it in a way that people manifestly despise, there has to be a conversation about the portability of digital rights that covers the libraries we accrue on modern devices, up to and including Steam. This is very much a triumph of the status quo, and the status quo where electronic “property” is concerned kinda sucks.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9UEh1eoAs

• Options
    Golden+Age+Porky.bmp

This is not okay.

Furryism never is.

• Options
    Mm? Did someone break up?

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Golden+Age+Porky.bmp

This is not okay.

Furryism never is.
    He's not furry.

• Options
    Golden+Age+Porky.bmp

This is not okay.

Furryism never is.

Is it technically Furryism with Pork Pig?

I'd think it qualifies as a leather fetish.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Golden+Age+Porky.bmp

This is not okay.
    There are plenty of quislings to replace him.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Tamin wrote:

I too did not really enjoy her videos.

But, and this is the big thing for me, I do like the fact that it promoted discussion on the topic.

Which is really what they're meant to do (I hope. I doubt she meant for them to be the end-all of it)

Also, she gets a lot of slack from me, because there really isn't anything else covering that niche. If there was I'd feel more comfortable criticizing the quality of her work as I'd have both something to compare it too, and not have that be the sole focus of the discussion for the actual topic.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

Not where you can see it.

• Options
    Hey Quid, how about we go out back and toss around the ol' pig skin?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Winky

We should add Anita Sarkeesian in our game, make her a hidden boss/summon... Depending on if the player hates her/likes her...

(That is a joke, it would be problematic to use real world people.)

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Golden+Age+Porky.bmp

This is not okay.

Furryism never is.
    He's not furry.

Pigs have fur.

That's why I get to have a tiny flamethrower blowtorch.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

Not where you can see it.

porky pig knows where to get depilated

215539754_gVV3F-L-2.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I love my JTE.

Today she is practicing "I'll stab you bitch!"

• Options
    turns out there's a tennis subreddit with pictures. I may never leave

6pjG42Tl.jpg

• Options
    @Winky

We should add Anita Sarkeesian in our game, make her a hidden boss/summon... Depending on if the player hates her/likes her...

(That is a joke, it would be problematic to use real world people.)

"Societal Advancement - Increase/decrease <stat> based on character progressiveness."

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jihawg Ammo: Pork-laced Bullets Designed To Send Muslims Straight ‘To Hell'

I had no idea that halal dietary laws were related to sharia-lycanthropy

• Options
    215539754_gVV3F-L-2.jpg

I don't remember the context for this comic.

I don't want to remember.

This discussion has been closed.