As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Yes, we know when the Summer Sale is. No, we're not telling you.

19495969798100»

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    For people who want custom backgrounds, I have a secret to share.

1. Install the Enhanced Steam extension for Chrome and go to the Edit Profile page of your steam account.
    2. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a custom background dropdown list injected by Enhanced Steam. (If you don't see it on the first load, hit Refresh, it should appear then).
    3. Select your desired background and click save.

As a result I hope I have not screwed over those people who wanted to trade backgrounds :o

Edit: (Not sure if everyone can see these after its set or just you personally because of Enhanced steam. sorry :( )

Pretty sure only you can see that. I see no background at all when I look at your profile page.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Here's a game that I picked up based on the recommendations of a prior Steam thread, The Guild 2. You start off a single lady (or man), you build a business selling honest goods (mugging your neighbor's shipments). In time you fall in love and start a family (bribes and booze). Your family unites (in plunder) and enters the political arena (more plunder). Ultimately, you can have several goals to win a map, get rich (pluder), get elected to the highest rank (murder!), or simply out live all other noble dynasties (accuse them of murder and prosecute them in court).

Along the way you can engage in duels, kidnap people and ransom them, poison the well so that the hospital you own can get a lot of business, or have affairs with every woman on the block.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    So the Steam emoticons we get, do they just stay in your inventory forever?

Finally farming the cards, not sure what game I want to try and focus on for crafting badges.

You can sell them, but if you do, you can no longer use them.

This is actually something I wish they'd change, but only for reaching level 5 on a badge. For four of the five levels on the L4D2 badge, I got the same emoticon. I think it'd be cool if on the fifth level of a badge, you don't get sellable copies of all of the backgrounds/emoticons, but your account effectively "unlocks" the use of all the backgrounds/emoticons for that badge. It'd give an incentive to max out badges more.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    looks like thread recycling is borked:D
    unless I don't get how it was suppose to work:)

Geth, Enter debug mode: Level 5 Self-diagnostic. ;)

edit: Hmmm.... did he ask for recycle after 100 pages? Meatbag error?

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Is the @Geth thread recycle thing not working or something?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Dudes and non-dudes. Shadow Warrior.

Shadow god damn warrior

Truly amazing. Truly a day worth celebrating.

Is this game racist?

This game seems slightly racist.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    We're taking this thread to the moon!

(it's also a really good game)

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Jragghen will create the new thread
    @TehSpectre is backup

This discussion has been closed.