As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welp, it's that time again: the bi-annual how the fuck are you thread.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    didn't have any friends or family to spend july 4th with so I made a cheesecake.

A chocolate-chip cheesecake.

Let me tell you, this guy can make a fucking awesome cheesecake, turns out. Except I've been on a good diet and can't eat much of it so if anyone wants to get drunk and eat cheesecake holla' at me

Holla.

Can you PM me the booze and cheesecake?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    @oogmar I am shocked ...

NAY ...

... I AM APPALLED ... that you do not still have my most famous and insulting quote in your sig.

For shame, you hussy!

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Fighting the present temptation of just posting "Who gives a shit" like a goddam coward

VRXwDW7.png
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Fighting the present temptation of just posting "Who gives a shit" like a goddam coward

Oogie gives a shit, she just only does so semiannually.

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    didn't have any friends or family to spend july 4th with so I made a cheesecake.

A chocolate-chip cheesecake.

Let me tell you, this guy can make a fucking awesome cheesecake, turns out. Except I've been on a good diet and can't eat much of it so if anyone wants to get drunk and eat cheesecake holla' at me

Holla.

Can you PM me the booze and cheesecake?

done (not really :( )

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Working, family, stuff...

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Bi-annual guys get all the action...

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Actually, no, it's not, I'm just a dirty dirty lurker.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I always forget there are a lot of you who just watch us talk

lfYVHTd.png
    I always forget there are a lot of you who just watch us talk

thatshotparishilton.gif

• AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    Hello Oog! I mostly lurk and hit agree/awesome on random posts, but since you asked, things are going pretty good! I'm getting ready to move down to the Los Angeles area to study for the MCAT and will hopefully do well enough on it to get into a medical school. So I'm pretty excited!

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Pretty fuckin' good. I love my summer job and where it allows me to live for almost half the year, and I have so many good friends amongst my coworkers/housemates. And it's been an incredible week at work.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    madly in love and turning 20 next sunday

Wait are you going to turn 20 at Evo???

Real strong, facetious.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    No I said that last week, it's this Sunday now

lfYVHTd.png
    Oh sometimes I forget threads on this forum don't always get hundreds of posts in minutes and I didn't even think to look at dates.

Anyway happy birthday Bryar how have you been? I hope your Yang bodies everyone. <3 (We should play sometime this weekend maybe if my internet allows?)

Real strong, facetious.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    My lower right back is kinda fucked up right now but thankfully I don't go back to work till the 13th so hopefully it's healed by then. Otherwise I'm fine.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Everything was going great, then a bunch of bad luck happened that has me hella stressed and I'm trying to deal with them one at a time.

• SingleCellSingleCell San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Well no one knows who I am, but I'll share.
    I've had a super shitty year (not in order); My girlfriend of 6 years left me 6 days before my 25th birthday, my childhood dog died, my grandpa died, my grandma (other side of the family) died, I got sued (twice), I didn't make enough money to pay my bills AND eat (not really enough for bills at all), and recently missed 2 chances at promotion because I am bad at the internet. On the bright side, I just moved back in with my mom in the exact same place I was at 18, but without the hot bod. At least I don't have bills anymore?? All in all, I'm good :)

3DS FC: 1091 8702 0118
    Shuppet / Pumpkaboo / Drifblim,
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Heya, oogs.

Hmm...let's see:

- Got awesome job and moved for it
    - Walked in on fiance and woman I was with for 6 years boning another dude
    - Tossed the bitch out
    - Met amazing new lady
    - Had many adventures
    - Recently ended with new lady because of vastly different life goals
    - Fucking sucks
    - People at job are awesome, "leadership" team isn't
    - Travel the country and have fun at cons and get paid for it
    - uhhh.....OH! Pretty sure I saw you at East this year? Maybe? I didn't call out because I wasn't sure and then I'd just be the guy yelling random names at female enforcers.

'Supwichyou?

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Let's see

Thought things were going well, but then my fiancé and the lady I spent 3 years with left me.

I'm trying my best to deal with that emotionally.

Looking into transferring schools, i was accepted by a private university with high requirements so gives me hope to apply to better schools in the states.

Ummm hating retail work for sure.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Was studying for the GMAT and doing pretty well, but took the test today and bombed it. Now I probably need to leave Chicago if I want to get into a grad school.

Sooooo kinda shitty.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Should be happy

Still not happy

• SwillSwill Registered User regular

As in the 14th? High five b day buddies

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Hiya Oog! I recognize your avatar but I don't think we've ever spoken. Kinda seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back for me lately. I had a job, but grew to hate it to the point where I was burnt out on everything except sleeping. I found two new jobs, one that'd take place right after the other, except then one of them turned out to only be a 6-week contract and the other told me the position was no longer open due to contract losses a week after I quit the awful job. So I'm looking at most likely being unemployed at the end of the month. I really enjoyed the 6-week job until I hit a huge stumbling block on a project and now feel like I'm running at a brick wall over and over again, both during and outside of work hours. And I'm horribly in like with a close friend of mine, who is unlikely to ever feel the same way. So I feel incredibly lonely and like I'm just going to keep being alone forever! Which sucks a whole bunch!

On the plus side I spent 200 dollars on Modcloth this week. Gogo retail therapy! And I seem to have become a pretty decent brewer; the Kolsch I made, the second brew ever, turned out fantastic and I'm making a stout this week hopefully! So at least there's one thing I feel like I'm making progress in, I suppose.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oog!

Hello!

I'm pretty goooood.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I'm 22

Yay?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    NOT GREAT, BOB!

I'm in a job I wanna get out of, but can't find any other. And I think I need to break up with my girlfriend.

But I'm not really doing all that bad. I mean, I've been through times where I was very, very low. Right now, I'd say I'm... coping.

Swill wrote: »

As in the 14th? High five b day buddies

no silly I said that on the fifth, I'm the seventh

but happy birthday Brandon!!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I am doing well-ish!

Waiting for my new job to start and trying to enjoy myself in the interim, working for my dad to keep from starving.

Doing things with genders over in the fashion thread!

How are you?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am about two weeks away from earning my Associate's, and then I start on my BS in the fall.

Also, my birthday is Friday, so that will be cool.

YL9WnCY.png
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty fuckin' alrite.

I cooked some rack of lamb with a herb crust last night and it made me feel really good about life, no fucking clue why.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm OK I guess. Still pretty much the same.

About to move to a new apartment so that's cool. Good number of close friends. Working a little too much even though I have a really great job that I enjoy. Still painfully single.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I gotta say I'm doing pretty great.

Just looking back a year, things are sooo much better than they were then.

Go back 5-10 years? Holy shit my life is amazing now compared to then.

Still got problems, but I'm handling my business!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm about a month away from finishing my bachelor's

weeeee

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I'm doing quite terribly right now

Been keeping to myself for a couple months, partially by choice, partially not. Rarely go out with friends anymore. Some I started avoiding because of some hurt feelings, others always say they're busy when I ask.

On the rare occasion that a girl has any interest in me, I manage to ruin it before it can go anywhere

The main thing that's stressing me out right now is that I have two weeks to find a place to live. I was supposed to room with this one kid I know through a mutual friend, we found a condo community that he loved and was high on my list as well, but I thought we should keep looking. So he turns around and gets a single unit there and takes more than a week to bother telling me. I had let my lease expire and someone else is lined up to take my current place, so for the first time I am facing the idea of being technically homeless

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a single unit in that same community, as potentially awkward as that might be. Everything else I'm looking at is unavailable, expensive, or frighteningly sketchy. This place would be affordable and close to work, but far from everyone else and make hanging out even more infrequent. Also they don't allow pets, so my cat would have to be a secret. I honestly don't know how I would make it without her, she's the only part of my life that's never depressing.

And this is the first time I've articulated all of this because I can't say it on FB, Twitter, or Tumblr without feeling like I'm guilting my friends into hanging out/living with me.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm fuckin' great.

I'm so fuckin' content with my life that I sometimes feel guilty for feeling content, which is kinda fucked. But not fucked enough to keep me from feeling fuckin' great.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'm doing quite terribly right now

Been keeping to myself for a couple months, partially by choice, partially not. Rarely go out with friends anymore. Some I started avoiding because of some hurt feelings, others always say they're busy when I ask.

On the rare occasion that a girl has any interest in me, I manage to ruin it before it can go anywhere

The main thing that's stressing me out right now is that I have two weeks to find a place to live. I was supposed to room with this one kid I know through a mutual friend, we found a condo community that he loved and was high on my list as well, but I thought we should keep looking. So he turns around and gets a single unit there and takes more than a week to bother telling me. I had let my lease expire and someone else is lined up to take my current place, so for the first time I am facing the idea of being technically homeless

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a single unit in that same community, as potentially awkward as that might be. Everything else I'm looking at is unavailable, expensive, or frighteningly sketchy. This place would be affordable and close to work, but far from everyone else and make hanging out even more infrequent. Also they don't allow pets, so my cat would have to be a secret. I honestly don't know how I would make it without her, she's the only part of my life that's never depressing.

And this is the first time I've articulated all of this because I can't say it on FB, Twitter, or Tumblr without feeling like I'm guilting my friends into hanging out/living with me.

I feel like a lot of folks that I know have experienced similar feelings and that crappy housing situation.

It really sucks to have a core social group drift away, and to some degree, move on past ya. My advice would be to annoy any relatively close buddies with hangout invites, via some relatively private means, like a text message or a pm, every week.

At some point- even if it takes a month of "I'm so busy, I'm sorry", they'll probably have a break for you. It will always be a shitty feeling having to be a one-sided force that actively tries to maintain friendships, and it will certainly feel unfair,

but it's an even shittier feeling to accept loneliness. Get as real with your buddies as you need to about your appreciation of them seeing you, and how they totally need to hang out with you in the future. Even the flakiest of friends could decide to commit and make for a not terrible week.

Eventually, you are going to find yourself moving on from folk too, and it'll be okay. The great thing about friendships is that a little bit of time can't get in the way of catching back up. World's a small enough place that even past friends of convenience, might wind up again, conveniently near ya.

I guess the thing I wanted to say, is that your feelings are valid and that a lot of folks here are going to empathize with you. Oh, and good luck with the housing!

VayBJ4e.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Things are going pretty great.

Finally graduated, finally got a pretty good job I enjoy doing.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Also they don't allow pets, so my cat would have to be a secret. I honestly don't know how I would make it without her, she's the only part of my life that's never depressing.

See if you can get your cat designated as a companion animal. Generally speaking, they have to allow service and companion animals.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    how am I right now:

I just had a conversation with a woman I've known, on and off, since I was fourteen or so

(we have a complicated history)

the kernel of the conversation was, she wanted to know how tall I am, now that I am fully-grown

because she "always hoped that you'd get really tall and fuck the shit out of me"

I am, apparently, a quarter-inch too short for this no-doubt zesty endeavor

now, I'd have to say there was a time when that would have really bothered me

all simultaneously frustrated and disappointed and laughing at the raw comic injustice of a universe that would put me in that situation

but I have reconciled with the genetic twist of fate that resulted in my being placed in this diminutive-by-any-measure husk

so I find myself amused on the balance

because later in the conversation she lamented the fact that she hasn't been laid in a year

to which I replied, "I don't have any sympathy for your plainly self-inflicted celibacy. I'm incompetent, but you're just a jackass."

all of which is a very roundabout way of saying that, right at this moment, I'm wondering at the weirdness of my particular circumstance

and at the way that my life has periodically intersected with this woman's, always at a time when she is wondering what could have been

and I'm alright