As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV SE++] Early access is go! REALMS ARE REBORN, GO KILL STUFF

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    what if we called it DHPAF short for die hard penny arcade fans

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

hurgh

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    And yeah forum rivelries are dumb. Its so dumb I can't even be bothered to spell it correctly.

From what I've observed so far most people on both sides of the "rivalry" don't actually care. There are just 1 or 2 people on each side that are being kind of silly, I don't think they should be considered representative of either party personally.

Also I think FC are only 15k so the price isn't the sticking point, the only issue with starting one up right away is that it's locked behind story, so you have to go through all the story quests up to lvl 25 I believe before you gain access to it. I'v eno doubt some people will blow right through them, but either way it will take a little time.

Compared to a Linkshell which is not only cheaper (allowing new characters to access it as well) but it also available from the get go I believe.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I like mythology.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

hurgh

Maybe a Big Bang Theory reference, then?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    [Bazongai]

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    the name doesn't have to be good because no one will play the game after six months anyways

it's science

• Options
    Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    Err all of the no one is gonna play in 6 months and such is why I want to lead the group. Went through this with swtor, and what Cormac said was true. The guild was great and fun cause for the most part there was a mutual respect for everyone.

I'm not sure what other people's opinions are, but I don't want the FC to be exclusive to only PA people. I want us to go out and while adventuring find others and go, "hey that guy is badass, I like him! Hell he should be with us!" And shoot the dude an invite. I want the FC to use PA as a base community for the fact that from what I've seen people don't put up with the juvinile hooplaw, and if you go into something with that mentality it tends to stick around with the newer people.

I plan to keep the FC active and to recruit so we don't have the six months and dead thing. So hey work with me and I'll work with you. I'm a bit removed from some of the more negative aspects of GnT I believe. Mostly I just want to get the PA people together, and let us all have a blast. The only real thing I don't want to budge on is being the head of the FC, everything else I'm open to working with.

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I want to use PA as the base community and we invite a bunch of other players so we can fill out raids. And when it comes time to distribute loot, all the most desired stuff goes towards our click of PA officers while the rest of the guild, though they do the most work, only get the leavings. Also I would like to lead this guild and my girlfriend of course gets first dibs on everything.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If we want the fc to survive, we HAVE TO recruit from outside the forums. Happens in every game ever. This surprises no one.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    cynicism and sarcasm (sarcynicism) aside the first "Penny Arcade" guilds in WoW that formed (Cardboard Tube Samurai and Obsidian Spur) long before the "official" Gabe/Tycho guilds took that exact approach and a few members of that original guild still play today.

at the very least some of the coolest people I know and still talk to today came from Cardboard Tube Samurai and that only happened because the guild actively recruited cool ass dudes from outside Penny Arcade

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    So how's this play now compared to 11? Is partying a thing again or am I going to be running about doing wow quests solo with the occasional teamup for kicks?

• Options
    there are sidequests and hunting logs that you can mostly do solo. you don't have to party up and grind. the main story line makes you do group content

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Best Friends Guild (No Girls Allowed)

• Options
    [Paladin Trainer]

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    zucchini wrote: »
    Best Friends Guild (No Girls Allowed)

<No Dragoons>

• Options
    ...Loot wise I've never let the whole council thing fly. When I lead I do my damn best to make it fair to the group as a whole, not individuals I like. I'm not sure how the loot system in FFarr will lean itself to this, but in the past I had classes who can use the loot do a random 1-100 roll to detirmine who won the piece. And by making it random like that - I don't see how there can be complaints of unfair loot. And hell I typically in the past when there was a short stick to be picked, I took it myself. I care more about making it fair, than to have personal harhar I'm so awesome haha

And appoligies on the spelling blackberry playbook is not leaning to well to the spellcheck concept atm

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

• Options
    We should name the FC Scuttlebutt

You get your crude joke as well as a reference to what this entire thing has been thus far.

• Options
    The best loot system is people who can use it roll need on it. Perhaps limit the amount of pieces of loot one person can win in one night. Loot council can never ever ever lead to anything good ever.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    The best loot system is people who can use it roll need on it. Perhaps limit the amount of pieces of loot one person can win in one night. Loot council can never ever ever lead to anything good ever.

I am a fan of this, but I hate it (and I do this too sometimes) when people feel they shouldn't roll on something they can use because something they want even more has the possibility of dropping later.

• Options
    its the thrills baby, the trills

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok so about loot, what we do know so far is two things:

1. You cannot roll Need on an item that your current class cannot use (You cannot switch classes once in a dungeon/raid), and you cannot roll Need/Greed on an item that you already have (assuming it's unique).

2. There will be tokens for larger dungeons/raids. So even if you don't get loot you get tokens which you can use to purchase the loot once you get enough.

I don't know if there is some sort of Master loot thing or what but even if there isn't the system will only let you roll on stuff you can actually use (For weapons this makes it very straightforward) for armor this means most gear (so long as it's not marked as 'Any Class' or 'Disciple of War/Magic' will also pretty much go to people who can use it.

I would guess there is some sort of Master Loot thing for content with higher player counts but I don't know if info on that has been released yet.

Either way it looks like it is set up to not be an issue with the mechanics we do know are in place. As someone who has horrific luck with loot I've always been a fan of the Token system :D

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    ignore

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    that doesn't seem very comprehensive and omega hare runs into the same issues some people had with wang

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    In the PA Imperial SWTOR guild we used need/greed rolls for everything and it worked out very well. I don't see any reason we wouldn't keep using the same system in FFARR. As Delph said some stipulations will need to be decided upon (if something isn't implemented into the game itself) because everyone can be every class, and limiting people to something like one set piece/token and/or off-piece per run.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    that doesn't seem very comprehensive and omega hare runs into the same issues some people had with wang

Omega Hare is more about FFXI than it is about PA (It just happened to originate from a PA Comic, but the idea itself is everywhere) where WANG is 100% PA
    Robes wrote: »
    I have done a productive thing. I took all the "more agreed upon" options. VOTE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VdR2W6kSjAo3z8Mm0tR_Q5ddO-sPkZid3D7aQBnrLo0/viewform

This is awesome thank you for doing this. Can you post it in the GnT thread as well? (If you haven't already)

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I don't mind Omega Hares

• Options
    i feel like omega hares is mostly gt supported so we'll end up with a situation where gt decides the server name then tyranny via majority-izes the FC name

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    add WANG and FEDORA and dickwolves to split the vote

ross perot that shit

• Options
    yeah the poll could use more options that were talked about earlier

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    I could have handled that better. It was done on my lunch break because I thought it would be better than what the current system is. So anyways, I'll wipe the results the poll and delete the current responses received.

Here's what I have for current options:
    Omega Hare
    Wang
    Falafell House
    Anime Linkshell

what am i mising?

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Cormac wrote: »
    In the PA Imperial SWTOR guild we used need/greed rolls for everything and it worked out very well. I don't see any reason we wouldn't keep using the same system in FFARR. As Delph said some stipulations will need to be decided upon (if something isn't implemented into the game itself) because everyone can be every class, and limiting people to something like one set piece/token and/or off-piece per run.

Well the way it's set up mechanically you can't even roll anything but Greed on an 'Off piece' and you can't switch your class once you enter the dungeon. The game straight up won't give you the option to roll Need unless the specific piece of gear can be use don the Class you are at that moment.

Also with tokens the way it works is that every boss drops tokens and everyone who participated in that fight gets one. Then later on once yo have enough tokens you use them to buy a piece of gear.

All that stuff is handled automatically by the game, so unless there is a Master Loot option it seems like the game will sort everything out without player intervention.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I'd like to suggest the following:

1. Close the current poll.
    2. Solicit suggestions to be sent via PM (I will do this if you want)
    3. Post a poll with all the names, let people vote for their top 2 or whatever.
    4. Post another poll with 2 or 3 final options

Alternatively: falafel house

• Options
    at least throw in Inevitable Schism, that was a clever one

i dont' know if anime linkshell was the actual name of a thing

move falafell house to top, omega hare 2 from top, wang at bottom (psychological stuff don't worry about it)

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I could argue that Falafell House is SE++ supported but there seem to be a similar amount of people from both saying they like one or the other. If you can come up with a more fair and balanced way to determine what the guild name is going to be feel free to share it. Robes added the most discussed names and even one that was mentioned, jokingly, no more than a few times. Things seems have been narrowed down between Omega Hares and Falafell House, so those are really the only two we need in there.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ghost in the Linkshell

• Options
  • Options
    It's like House but with a really really thick accent.

• Options
    Fragarach. Lol could we add that for giggles?

• Options
    zucchini wrote: »
    Falafel Hares

This, this right here, Poll over. :^:

delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.