As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV SE++] Early access is go! REALMS ARE REBORN, GO KILL STUFF

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    okay, so i'm going to throw out some guild tags and you people should let me know what you think, alright? POOP, ACOP, COPS, POPE, LRLR, DUTY, DUPE, PAFC, FCPA

LRLR

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Too much work.

There's absolutely no need to build up a complex guild structure and charter and whatnot because it's all bullshit and a waste of time.

CLAN CHARTER: Have fun, don't be a wang.

OFFICER RULES: Everyone can invite people! Have fun! Maybe people who play a lot can be "official" officers but who cares!

LOOT RULES: /random 100, file complaints with the number generator

UNDERLYING RULES: Don't be a wang.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    How about FART

FART is good. We can work with fart.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the existence of linkshells is going to render impossible the idea of abolishing cliques, btw

the existence of people is going to render impossible the idea of abolishing cliques

they are a thing that happens

all that matters is that they aren't allowed to cause bullshit and that is on everybody

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    GITL ? for Ghost in the Linkshell?

Hmm not sure about that one. I know I've seen the name <ANIME> around so maybe you can have 5 letters? If that's the case <Ghost> might be neat.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    zucchini wrote: »
    Too much work.

There's absolutely no need to build up a complex guild structure and charter and whatnot because it's all bullshit and a waste of time.

CLAN CHARTER: Have fun, don't be a wang.

OFFICER RULES: Everyone can invite people! Have fun! Maybe people who play a lot can be "official" officers but who cares!

LOOT RULES: /random 100, file complaints with the number generator

UNDERLYING RULES: Don't be a wang.

I agree that stuff I don't care about is stupid bullshit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh...

Shit. Yes this name is terrible. I don't care.

<THE SHATTERDOME>

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Hmm not sure about that one. I know I've seen the name <ANIME> around so maybe you can have 5 letters? If that's the case <Ghost> might be neat.
    Some guide I read said there could be five letters but I got nothing but heresay

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Some guide I read said there could be five letters but I got nothing but heresay

I know for sure that I saw people on the Ultros server running around with <Anime> after their name. I am assuming it was from a Free Company but i'm not 100% on that.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I just don't really care about dealing with all the drama and bullshit large, highly organized MMO guilds inevitably have. Got more than enough of that shit my first 6 years playing MMOs. Smaller, more personal and relaxed experiences are just so so much more ideal for what I'm looking for in this game.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ghost In The Linkshell <UGUU>

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Oh...

Shit. Yes this name is terrible. I don't care.

<THE SHATTERDOME>
    <THE SHARTERDOME>
    Because poop puns. That's why.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I am just saying, I don't see any other suggestions in either thread with sixteen agrees.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Ghost In The Linkshell <UGUU>

<Desu>

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    New FC name- <Final Fantasy 2.0>

Thoughts?

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    People keep saying compromise, but that's not actually what's happening at all. We're all moving to your server, We're joining your free company with the stipulation now that we might get a say in naming it. It will be led by a group of people that have already been preselected by you guys.

There's still probably weeks until the next phase but it feels like were being bumrushed into this.

I had a lot of your concerns too, Radius, but I have been talking with @Sionnach Rua for a bit and its been all comforting news. First off, I would not be worried about who specifically is making the FC. Sionnach is essentially putting forth the time and effort of setting up enjin websites and dealing with the boring administrative stuff. He has told me that he does not identify as "from" GnT or SE++, which settled my worry of the guild leadership being biased towards GnT. Any advisors/officers would not be a group of friends of the FC guy, but people from each subforum/group. This group has not been selected yet and is very fluid/up in the air (I don't think this will be the kind of guild that will actually need a strict heirarchy outside of basic organizational stuff.

I've been in "nightmare" guild situations before, and this isn't one of them. After having some conversations, I can vouch personally that this won't turn into a situation where cliques are ruling over other cliques or guild is being distributed to the officers girlfriend or whatever. This will end up being a relaxed, fun FC with the same attitude and personality of this thread, except we'll have some people we don't know as well, which is fun because new people are fun!

Trust me, I wouldn't be saying any of this if I didn't believe it to be true. I've seen bad shit go down in similar situations, but this isn't one of those situations.

FWIW I'm assisting on the FC (less now and more later because atm I am involved in some operations and my connectivity is ass) and I don't really identify my self as being a G&Ter I just post in the MMO forum a lot because of MMO threads.=D

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    How about FART

We actually use this Acronym in the fleet.... Fast Action Response Team. I wish this was a joke.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    ... Wait... The Uguu thing is a ghost in the shell thing?! I always wondered where one of the RC guys came up with the name Uguu

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    why

that's perfect!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ... Wait... The Uguu thing is a ghost in the shell thing?! I always wondered where one of the RC guys came up with the name Uguu

I don't think it is a GitS thing, but I DO believe it is from some sort of Anime. I do not remember which however.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Have a seat SE++, heres the thing, I've done this MMO thing for awhile now. From CoH, to WoW, all the way to SWTOP, and I've been guilding with people from the forums the whole time. We've laughed together, cried together, held hands, and fought, hell ask @Rorus Raz there was a point when I first played WoW where was an awful whiny baby and 60% of my guild hated me, but it was still fun.
    Yeah, but I think any one person in the guild was hated by at least 50% of the rest of the guild.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It's @Lord Dave, isn't it?

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    There's a fat joke in there somewhere

• Options
    After watching the Uguu video I nominate for consideration not Uguu.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

the answer is always higgins

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular

Wow. Really dating yourself with that one.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    I feel kind of twitchy after that uguu video... Not sure if I care for Uguu's choice in uguu haha

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Clan charter: Be Excellent To Each Other

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options

Shhh, I'm trying to steal the pretty princess crown from Mirren.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh no, by the time I can't to shambles milk I was a different, much cooler, person. But my time in os was fun, I was just disliked by a lot of people, it was a more serious raiding guild. I prefer silly guilds.

I like "too many zippers" and the five letters be "belts" but I'm weird. And gist in the linkshell is amazing

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So if Ghost in the Linkshell doesn't work, that's the anime LS right?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    377698_577935138892833_797313223_n.jpg

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    JOIN FUNNYMAMA.COM TO BE A FUNKER NOW

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Whatever that is. It was the closest image to what I had in mind out of a huge amount of bad images. There was an interesting Homestruck cosplay in there though.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    FC name:

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular

how dare you

mkc.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »

how dare you

Seriously, I stole that crown years ago.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    FC name:

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK

winner winner

chicken dinner

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.