As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV SE++] Early access is go! REALMS ARE REBORN, GO KILL STUFF

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I'm so look forwarding to

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    into the Aracanist for phase 4 confirmation

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    from β test phase 4, voice will be to enter the cut scene. Please look forward to.

get hyped

that isn't a sentence what even the hell
    it's google translated

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    from β test phase 4, voice will be to enter the cut scene. Please look forward to.

get hyped

that isn't a sentence what even the hell
    it's google translated

nuh uh

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    maybe you're google translated

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    n no my secret

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    sure wish I was playing this game right now

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Will there be an option to have the voice acting in Japanese but still enable subtitles?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Will there be an option to have the voice acting in Japanese but still enable subtitles?

Might not be feasible given space constraints.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    On pc it wouldn't shock me to have someone hack in the audio files

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I want the adventurers guild guy in pirate town to just have the most god awful accent ever

it should be as hard to listen to as it is to read

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

yo check this dumb ffxiv commercial

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Your telling me if I scribble runes on a bus using the blood of water I can summon my own Chocobo?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    flash is so terrible

edit: oh the video was deleted

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So if this game ends up great I might move to it from GW2

I'm enjoying GW2 but I feel like a lot of people (and especially the SEplusplus crowd) lost enthusiasm for it months ago and so I'm the one newbie in the PA guild while everyone else is busy running endgame dungeons for the twentieth time and I hate to say it, but I feel like it's a solo game that happens to feature other people by this point

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I never really got into XI so nows my chance to be a gross shitlord

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    XI would probably have killed you if you'd gotten into it beasteh

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I am so glad I never have to worry about alts now

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    XI would probably have killed you if you'd gotten into it beasteh

well i mean wow happened so

• Options
    Seriously, the first person that says they wanna do something, just give them a minute to log on to their alt is getting slapped

• Options
    everyone will always be playing their alt now

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Seriously, the first person that says they wanna do something, just give them a minute to log on to their alt is getting slapped

I want to do something on my blue mage, just gimme an hour to swap into my gear and set my spells.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Letter from the Producer, XLVIII (07/25/2013)

Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. With only a month left until release, the office is a bedlam of system schematics, game designs, and empty Red Bull cans. Even so, I couldn't go another minute without sending out my forty-eighth letter!

First, I'd like to thank everyone who participated in phase 3 of the beta test. Although character data had to be deleted at the end, players tested every nook and cranny of the game, providing us with a great deal of feedback. The development team and I can't thank you enough for all your help.

As we continue to address all the feedback from phase 3, we're squashing out a few final bugs, and making some last minute adjustments to the end game battles.

Completing the main scenario will get players to level 50, but the adventure doesn't end there. Being an online game, there'll be regular updates to continue the story. So even if you reach the level cap shortly after release, there's no reason to think you've hit the top. Considering all the plans we have for the game, you may want to get comfortable and prepare for a long stay in Eorzea.

Let me use the phase 3 Ifrit battle as an example. Although this battle is a level 20 encounter in the main story, after reaching level 50 you can take on a harder version. Anyone looking to earn weapons from the primals will have to overcome these higher level fights.

The various encounters we've created were designed with a hierarchy in mind, and as players progress through each tier, they'll naturally collect an optimal set of gear for that tier. All jobs were equipped with this optimal gear when we conducted our tests. We've calculated the maximum DPS for these battles down to the decimal, but it's up to you guys to show us what you're made of and reach for that level of precision.
    (We've used debug commands to monitor DPS during our tests, and the numbers are intense.)

Because these fights are so tough, it wasn't enough to play with just the battle team and myself. Thankfully, we managed to reel in a few dedicated gamers from the other departments to help with our testing. (Thank you so much guys!)

With that said, I think it's time for a long overdue dose of screenshots.

10343_0.jpg

Titan—the indomitable mountain! You got a glimpse of him during the Crystal's Call trailer, but soon enough you'll have the chance to go toe to toe with this gargantuan fiend. You'll encounter him first during the main story in a four person battle, but in hard mode you'll need eight players to take him down. Just wait until you see the extreme mode battle we're working on.

I somehow managed to stay alive to take screenshots, but with all my running around, there was no time to actually try and defeat him. I was about to get serious, but then came the fist.

10343_2.jpg

Before I knew it, I'd fallen out of the ring just like everyone else. We're all pretty serious gamers so it was a bit of a shock. Trying to keep straight faces, we couldn't help but laugh as he took us down one by one.

10343_4.jpg

We even toned it down a bit because we thought the damage may be a little high. Or so I thought.

10343_6.jpg
    (Anonymous A): Tumult damage was reduced by 15%.
    (Anonymous A): But I thought that'd make it too easy, so I also raised its ??? 20%.
    (Anonymous B): Hahahaha.
    (Producer Director): rofl
    (Anonymous A): That's all.
    Screenshot saved.
    (Producer Director): I've got to get this
    (Producer Director): in the next Letter from the Producer.

We'll be making adjustments to really push these fights to the brink. A perfectly timed level 3 limit break just might be the difference between victory and defeat

10343_7.jpg

Here's another high level dungeon for four players. Naturally we've covered up a few things to prevent spoilers, but you guys seem to have a knack for figuring things out. This is sure to be another exciting life and death battle, and Demon Wall is only the mid-dungeon boss! Who or what could be waiting at the end?

10343_9.jpg

I know players from Version 1.0 are curious about their relic weapons, and this picture may give you an idea of what's in store for that quest.
    (The quest name in parenthesis came from a debug command, so no need to decipher it.)
    We hope you'll enjoy the changes we've made in your quest to acquire the ultimate weapon.

As a gamer, I use a lot of different keyboard and gamepad setups at home, but all of our tests for FFXIV: ARR have been done using a standard gamepad. Checking how difficult it was to finish battles and how much DPS we could put out, we'll do final checks and double checks of everything once gamepad performance is where we want it.

Although we're making a product, it truly is a pleasure to be engrossed in this game all day. Final adjustments to the later battles are well underway, and soon everyone will be having as much fun as we are, and then some.

Thank you again to all the players around the world who took the time to test our game, and to the players from Version 1.0 who've supported us from the beginning. Release day is on the horizon, and we'll continue to give it our all to provide you with a great gaming experience.

I have to go for now, but I'll see you all soon in my eighth LIVE letter. Until next time! :)

• Options
    So I guess I can get early access on my non legacy account by upgrading to the digital collectors edition. More appealing than pre ordering a new copy.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gonna be buying this game along with my best friend. It'll be the first sub-only MMO we've ever played.

The beta was fun enough to convince me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    more dev tracker stuff
    Around the time of E3, when we released the Crystal's Call trailer, we saw, and continue to see comments from players like yourself saying they would like to listen to different languages in their game. Well, as we recently mentioned, in Beta phase 4 we will be implementing voice overs to cutscenes. In addition to that, we will also be adding a setting that will allow you to change the voice languages for cutscenes. The subtitle language will reflect the language settings chosen before booting up the game, so for example, if you are playing the game in English, you could set the subtitles to English and listen to the voices in Japanese. [...]

We've seen some requests like this for a "talk" emote that would make your character's mouth move. In Beta phase 4, we will be making it possible to set it so you character moves their lips when chatting in /say, /LS, or other chat channels! Also, we feel it will be possible to really bring out more emotion by having your lips move while using certain expression emotes.

there's also going to be a grid overlay in the UI editor for better precision

interrobang on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Around the time of E3, when we released the Crystal's Call trailer, we saw, and continue to see comments from players like yourself saying they would like to listen to different languages in their game. Well, as we recently mentioned, in Beta phase 4 we will be implementing voice overs to cutscenes. In addition to that, we will also be adding a setting that will allow you to change the voice languages for cutscenes. The subtitle language will reflect the language settings chosen before booting up the game, so for example, if you are playing the game in English, you could set the subtitles to English and listen to the voices in Japanese. [...]

We've seen some requests like this for a "talk" emote that would make your character's mouth move. In Beta phase 4, we will be making it possible to set it so you character moves their lips when chatting in /say, /LS, or other chat channels! Also, we feel it will be possible to really bring out more emotion by having your lips move while using certain expression emotes.

This makes me very happy. Not enough games let you do this :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    there's also going to be a grid overlay in the UI editor for better precision

I have literally held a ruler up to my monitor trying to make sure UI elements are spaced out, lined up, or level with another element, so an in game grid is just awesome.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I just downloaded their windows theme from the site, because apparently I want to torture myself.

• Options
    Apparently beta 4 registration ends Tuesday so maybe we can finally play next weekend?

• Options
    Oh do I gotta sign up somewhere else?

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Oh do I gotta sign up somewhere else?

i'm pretty sure that if you played in any of the previous betas you don't have to register for the new one - the registration is closing for people who haven't already been playing

also we can all relax, that Lightning collaboration thing is just going to be a FATE http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/alliance/collabo/

• Options
    I haven't played in the betas, I signed up but never got a code, do I have to re register for phase 4?

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    huh, I don't see the beta sign up link anymore on the main english ff14 page unless I am super blind

I imagine if you signed up for the beta already you've be fine, but it doesn't really make sense that an open beta period would require you to pre-reg at all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The link was still up on the 1.0 lodestone site, here's what it says now
    As of July 22, 2013, 2 a.m. (PDT), we have temporarily closed the Beta Tester Application Site in preparation for Beta phase 4 (final Beta Test). The site will reopen once Beta phase 4 begins.

For extra clarification, this was the original announcement:
    For those who have registered a beta code by Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 9:59p.m. (PDT), you will automatically be accepted to participate in Beta Test phase 4 (final Beta Test). If you have not yet registered a beta code, please make sure to complete the registration process before the above date.

For those of you who have not yet applied for the Beta Test, please submit your application by Monday, July 22, 2013 (PDT).

Application Period:
    Until Monday, July 22, 2013 (PDT)
    * On the above date and time, the Beta Tester Application Site will be temporarily closed and will reopen when Beta Test phase 4(final Beta Test) begins.

Registration Period:
    Until Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 9:59 p.m. (PDT)
    * If your beta code has not been registered by the above date and time, you will need to resubmit your application at the Beta Tester Application Site once Beta Test phase 4 begins.

Those who have yet to apply, be sure to visit the Beta Tester Application Site.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I need to hurry up and preorder in case there is a cutoff for the early access stuff.

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Round 2 of voting for the Free Company has begun! Round 2 of voting will end Friday August 2nd at 12:00pm CST. After that, I will publish the results of both polls and announce the winner. Get yo vote on: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yTpICA3DZumIzQvcv8z8-3S06MS-EPs07BM134nXXFw/viewform

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    in 2013, make the right choice

vote falafel house

• Options
    falafell house is split, most people went to GiTL

better to form up on ghost then succumb to omega hare

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SE++ STRONK

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.