As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

christ that looks painful

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    i am in a bit of a pickle

i would like to get my sleeve finished but i think the guy that was doing it is avoiding me, but it would be crude to ask another artist to finish his piece

but at the same time i been running around with half finished zombie samurai for like two damn years and man i don't think he ever gonna finish it

Knob on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    seriously though, I'm gonna get my family name in old english on my shoulder and my brothers are gonna get the same one. I'm looking forward to it.

Also my brother wants to get his 3 month old son's foot print on top of his foot. I think that's rad.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    oogmar wrote: »
    My next tattoo is tiger stripes around my left forearm. Then after that its finishing my big treasure map sleeve and then its on to my massive chest piece. It probably won't end up all being in that order but who cares.

My Cthulhu sleeve starts in September.

I am excited.

In a really not obvious sort of way.

Hell yes, I'd like to get some giant Lovecraftian back piece.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    seriously though, I'm gonna get my family name in old english on my shoulder and my brothers are gonna get the same one. I'm looking forward to it.

Also my brother wants to get his 3 month old son's foot print on top of his foot. I think that's rad.

oh man, when when he grows old and his skin stretches out, the footprint will enlarge and fit his kid as he grows too

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Knob wrote: »

i would like to get my sleeve finished but i think the guy that was doing it is avoiding me, but it would be crude to ask another artist to finish his piece

but at the same time i been running around with half finished zombie samurai for like two damn years and man i don't think he ever gonna finish it

get in touch with him and press him about it

if he doesn't go for it then tell him you'll have another artist finish it up if he doesn't

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Fallout wrote: »

if he doesn't go for it then tell him you'll have another artist finish it up if he doesn't

everytime i see him i'm all 'dude when are you free to finish this' and he's all 'oh well you know i guess i'm busy maybe i'll call you or something but i'm super busy and yeah'

as far as having another artist finish it

man, that is a rough spot

i think that is such a tacky thing to do

but at the same time if i can't get the dude to finish

...man

Knob on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

everytime i see him i'm all 'dude when are you free to finish this' and he's all 'oh well you know i guess i'm busy maybe i'll call you or something but i'm super busy and yeah'

...man

HE INVITES THE TACKINESS UPON HIMSELF

man some sort of gigeresque lovecraftian horror sounds like a really cool tat to get

i should get eldritch quotes from the necronomicon all tatted up and down my manshaft as an i love you gift to myself

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

...man

It sounds like he just doesn't have much personal interest in the project and he'd rather just be a bitch and work on new stuff instead of finishing the piece for you. He's probably hoping you'll get someone else to finish it so he doesn't have to.
    I know a lot of artists who do shit like that.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    would a small tetris piece on my forearm be over-the-top lame?

[y]
    [n]

potatoe on
  • Options
    RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rhino wrote: »
    seriously.. why do people get radiation symbols? Are they FOR nuclear power? Against it? Study physics? What messages are they trying to convey there? (besides the obvious "I'm a complete tool")

maybe they are radioactive did you ever think of that

Very true! Maybe even mutant.

I know if I where spider man, I would get a spider tattoo ... or even better a Rhino tattoo.. but only if I where a super hero or had mutant powers...

awesome-ness-ist:
    spiderman-hornrhino.jpg

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    actually i think he is avoiding me because he owned his own tattoo shop and i was working there as his appresntice, and he made some bad decisions and the shop went under and i had to go get a real job to take care of my family instead of going hungry trying to help him fix his mistakes

at least that's what i think

Knob on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    potatoe wrote: »

[y]
    [n]

Depends on which one. Cube? Yes. Stick? Yes. Anything else? Less so.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Shorty wrote: »

[y]
    [n]

i was thinking one of the L shaped ones

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    get the t one

the t is the best tetris piece

i think you know it

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    get a whole fucking two-player tetris match tattooed on your back, full size

scores and all

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

...man

pics or it didn't happen. Let's see what you got so far.

Also, yea... he's totally ditching you... he was probably all drunk and thought it was good at the time, but the next day all his friends probably busted his balls for it. That or he has another dude he's tatting... tatting up and down all night. I know it hurts, but it's better to have gotten a half a tattoo and losted then never have gotten inked before. There are other artists in the sea.

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    what are you some kinda queer

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

[y]
    [n]

Tatoe it would be lame if you just got one little piece.
    How cool of a tattoo that would be is directly related to the number of pieces you get.
    If you got, like, a bunch tightly packed around your wrist and then got them all the way up to your elbow, spreading out more and more on the way up, that would be awesome.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

[y]
    [n]

were you the one talking about getting all of the pieces like an inch each hidden all over your body?

cause that's a great idea.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

[y]
    [n]

Tatoe it would be lame if you just got one little piece.
    How cool of a tattoo that would be is directly related to the number of pieces you get.
    If you got, like, a bunch tightly packed around your wrist and then got them all the way up to your elbow, spreading out more and more on the way up, that would be awesome.

oh man, that would be sweet

i need to find some money for this

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    get something generic like a skull or a tribal

but when you look close

it is made of tetris pieces

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    what are you some kinda queer

Just around you knob.... just around you... if you know what I mean.

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    ThaoxThaox Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I saw this guy at the gym today and over his shoulder there was a gigantic black dot. Radiating out from this dot were lines so that it resembled the rising sun of Japan, only in black. Now this guys was a real muscled specimen, the kind of guy you look at and assume he has spent some time in prison, so his tattoo was understandably quite large.

That's going to look fuckin' ridiculous when he's 60. It'll be a setting sun at that point.

Thaox on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

[y]
    [n]

were you the one talking about getting all of the pieces like an inch each hidden all over your body?

cause that's a great idea.

that was also an idea...but then someone could be all "oh man, lemme see 'em" and then i would have to strip down and bend over to show them the one on my taint

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

[y]
    [n]

Maybe a couple of them... you know, just hanging out on your forearm.. that way when someone sees it, they'll know what it is... if you just have one - like a purple long piece they'll be like "What's that? Like a purple piece of crap on your arm"? But if you have a bunch of them, they'll be like "oh, teteris... "

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

but when you look close

YES

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    get something generic like a tetris piece

but when you look close

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

but when you look close

that is almost too brilliant

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

scores and all

The scores would have to be obscure references to geek culture.

Maybe one of them is 421 with the player name being TK.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

but when you look close

YES

I had the idea a couple years ago to get a giant back piece that was just a screen from an old tetris game, midplay, except with the background being much more detailed and eleborate.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    232911828_4f0f5a7714_m.jpg

One of my friends got something similar to that and I thought it was kinda cute, then realized that it is probably a very overused and common one.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited March 2007

scores and all

WHY AREN'T YOU AT YOUR POST?

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

scores and all

yeah!

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The other score might be just an infinity symbol with the player name being "Admin"

Tk 421 is genius though. Pure gold.

Genius gold.

For some reason I keep picturing one screen split down the middle. A tetris battle, rather than just solo play.

Thaox on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    that's what i meant

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The only Star Wars tattoo I would ever consider getting would be a full backpiece. It would be the image of three stormtroopers marching through a door towards the "camera". The one on the right would be in the middle of cracking his head on the doorframe.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    that's what i meant

well good I like that idea. I'm so tired. I hate this schedule.

Thaox on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    the thing that always kills me about that scene is the fact they foleyed in the bonk noise

Knob on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    the thing that always kills me about that scene is the fact they foleyed in the bonk noise

The crazy part is that nobody outside of geek culture ever notices it. Once I point it out to people, they wonder how they never saw it before.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    In Episode II, Jango Fett bonks his head at one point

which is the height of hilarity, as it suggests that whacking their heads on crap is a genetic flaw in the stormtroopers

Knob on