As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    The Leafs must be so pleased to have a two-time Stanley Cup champion on their payroll.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Someday I'll see The Rangers win a cup again...

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    Okay, so you guys realize that the rest of us have a right....nay, a duty to absolutely loathe the Pens going forward, right?

That's cool, I couldn't possibly care any less right now though. : P

Kinda want to make the eat a weiner, cherry my avatar...hmm...

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    As someone who nominally supports the Flyers I'm full of arbitrary rage.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Okay, so you guys realize that the rest of us have a right....nay, a duty to absolutely loathe the Pens going forward, right?

Wait, we weren't already loathing them?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Someday I'll see The Rangers win a cup again...

Sure, any time now. Out of curiosity, how long did NYR wait between Cup wins?

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    This is the time when all the Pens fans who don't post all year come out and change their avatars.

• Options
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    This is the time when all the Pens fans who don't post all year come out and change their avatars.

Yeah, those guys are jerks.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    this is all so... DELIGHTFUL

• Options
    DELETE

DELETE

DELETE

DELETE

• Options
    Decius wrote: »
    The Leafs must be so pleased to have a two-time Stanley Cup champion on their payroll.

And on that note, I think I have some bad news.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Wait, we weren't already loathing them?

Sid's from my hometown, so I'm always going to be okay with the Pens winning if the Leafs don't

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Well, deadline for Vegas' picks is in, now to see if anything leaks before the announcement tonight

my favorite rumor is surrounding Lou Lamoriello's talks with McPhee. Supposedly they're talking defencemen, with Marc Methot's name popping up.

That would be downright sinister - first Ottawa takes Dion Phaneuf and his stupid, stupid contract, then Phaneuf refuses to waive his No-Movement clause, forcing the Senators to expose one of their top-2 defensemen in Methot, and then Toronto gets him, adding a solid veteran to their blueline, and weakening a division rival in the process? Delicious. My only concern is what they'd have to give Vegas to do this.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Methot plays the 4th most minutes a night. He is also 32.

I don't think he is one of Ottawas top 2 defensemen

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Methot plays the 4th most minutes a night. He is also 32.

I don't think he is one of Ottawas top 2 defensemen

"Top 2" maybe wasn't the right choice of words, but he's been on their top pairing with Karlsson for 5 seasons now

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I do not like those Las Vegas uniforms.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I am not from Edmonton but I grew up there, and am old enough that I was aware of Hockey and paying attention to it when Dave Semenko was playing. Seeing that he has passed away at 59 was kind of a surprise for me.

Cancer Sucks.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do not like those Las Vegas uniforms.

Really the best move that the NHL should have made was fold the coyotes and move them to Vegas
    So you kill two birds with one stone either way it's still a dumb move to go to vegas
    No one wins in Vegas

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Why?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Coyotes are a financial mess The City of Gendale bent over for the team just to make them stay a few years ago
    For the amount the NHl spent on creating the Knights they could have fixed the coyotes several times over

Vegas is not a football town is not a Hockey town
    Basketball is prefect for Vegas but is never going to go there as it knows better
    vegas is a PA's nightmare as think of the first player who runs up a debt at a strip club or other non gambling venue Vegas has tons of people that will "cover it" for a price
    I am not going to even speculate on the first player to run up a public gambling debt

• Options
    You could have just said "because I say so" and saved everyone time

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Also, the NHL didn't spend money creating the Knights. The NHL made money.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    $500 million, just for starters.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    It's cute that you think NHL players don't have a long long history of drug use and gambling.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    It's cute that you think NHL players don't have a long long history of drug use and gambling.

But... They're mostly white. White athletes don't get in trouble!

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am not going to even speculate on the first player to run up a public gambling debt

Jaromir Jagr

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    If this was Washington's plan this offseason...

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    If this was Washington's plan this offseason...

Then we are guaranteed years upon years of hilarity!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Brian Boyle was diagnosed with a relatively mild form of leukemia.
    Leukemia is not good, no cancer is, but if you're going to get it, apparently this is the least bad kind to get.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Okay, I know it's just the preseason, but tonight Toronto dressed a team of all the players current fighting for 4th line forward and 3rd pairing defense spots with their backup goalies, while Montreal has basically their expected NHL roster including Price in nets

...and a team that is in all seriousness basically the Toronto Marlies is currently winning 4-2 in the third

• Options
  • Options
    Does finishing last guarantee that Chiarelli is fired, because I'll accept that fate if it does.

• Options
    Dammit Oilers, you're my backup team. How are we going to get a Gary Bettman's nightmare final if you're trash?

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    It looks like the most I can expect out of the Bruins this year is the Marchand road white sweater I plan on getting when I'm at PAX East.

I need a sweater that says, "I may bleed on this before the night is done, and I'm okay with that."

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    It looks like the most I can expect out of the Bruins this year is the Marchand road white sweater I plan on getting when I'm at PAX East.

I need a sweater that says, "I may bleed on this before the night is done, and I'm okay with that."

The good news is Bergeron and Backes are almost healthy again. Backes did a full practice, Bergeron is practicing with a no-contact jersey

Bad news is Rask was helped off the ice after a collision and didn't return

• Options
    Meanwhile in terms of betting odds to win the Cup, the Leafs are currently the favourites for what I'm pretty sure is the first time in my life and I don't know how to process this other than steel myself for the inevitable collapse.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Meanwhile in terms of betting odds to win the Cup, the Leafs are currently the favourites for what I'm pretty sure is the first time in my life and I don't know how to process this other than steel myself for the inevitable collapse.

All that means is a bunch of people started betting on them because of a hot start.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    can i win money by betting the leafs don't win the cup?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, but not very much. I'd think you would when something like $0.10 for every $1000 wagered.