As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

WuShockWuShock Lawful GoodSouth BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
edited December 2018 in Social Entropy++
There is this sport.....
0615_bruins2.jpg

alg-stanley-blackhawks-jpg.jpg

...it's pretty cool; and by that I mean that I would rather watch it than pretty much any other sport ever, put together. There are heroes:
060513bruinsms15.jpg?c=c346266ae1e99366bc783517f8e8368d

There are villains:
hi-res-151963609_crop_650x440.jpg?1353348601

And there is comic relief:
doncherryhnic20090117.jpg

Discuss.

Twixxo wrote:
WuShock is the best
He is the very bestest
I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

WuShock on

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Quite the interesting draft day.

Comic Relief there didn't seem to think Vancouver got a fair price for Schneids.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Go Redwings!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote: »

Comic Relief there didn't seem to think Vancouver got a fair price for Schneids.

Gotta wonder what Vancouver is thinking there. They've spent the last two years chipping away at Luongo's ego, now they've pretty much made him the guy, whether he wants it or not.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Goodbye, @Squall. I'll miss you :C

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's the Rangers year next.... Hahahahahahahaha!

I couldn't finish that without laughing.

WuShock wrote: »

Gotta wonder what Vancouver is thinking there. They've spent the last two years chipping away at Luongo's ego, now they've pretty much made him the guy, whether he wants it or not.

I figure its a Tortorella thing maybe? New coach, new paradigm wherein Lu isn't the be-all-end-all of the Canucks failures?

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I just heard, but haven't checked if it's true, that NYI is using a compliance buyout on Ricky D. I think everyone knew he was never getting back to the show, but that kinda puts the nail in it.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Fucking

Stoked

To see MacKinnon play. Also that Hunwick and Zanon were placed on waivers.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    WuShock wrote: »

I figure its a Tortorella thing maybe? New coach, new paradigm wherein Lu isn't the be-all-end-all of the Canucks failures?

Yeah, that's gotta be it. I forgot they swapped coaches with NYR.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Bruins announce that they will not be re-signing Jaromir Jagr, surprising absolutely no one.

I still wish they'd gotten Jerome.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Ovi made both the first and second all star teams.

At two different positions.

Way to go PHWA.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Seguin, Peverley and Button to Stars for Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Leafs buy out Grabovski on the same day he was getting married. That's cold.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    This season was crazy. The playoffs were crazy. Free agency hasn't even started and it's already crazy.

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Seguin, Peverley and Button to Stars for Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser.

i was a huge stars fan growing up, and then lost interest after the first lockout. decided this year i'd get back into it, and it's been one hell of an offseason for them so far. pretty cool.

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

Colaiacovo was married last weekend apparently.

I know it sucks being dumped by your team but both of those guys should be playing again and those extra pay cheques over the next few years should go a long way to making them feel better.

Habs get Briere, 2 years $8 mil.

If I wish for it really hard maybe Lou will manage to sign Clowe and Grabovski. And if I'm really good Clarkson will hit free agency and every GM will realize any more than 4.5 for him is an idiot's move and he'll stay and Goddamnit Holmgren, stop signing forwards!

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    here's a post that sums up the leafs pretty well so far.
    I adore the Toronto Maple Leafs.They make the playoffs last year for the first time in a decade with the second worst possession numbers in the league and look to be losing half (5 of 9) of their positive possession forwards the following offseason ( Komarov, Bozak, Grabovski, Macarthur, Frattin).This is assuming of course they allow the three UFA’s to walk which seems to be the case, no?

Their three best forwards against Boston in the post season by possession numbers were Macarthur (OZONE: 23.1, Corsi Rel: 29.8), Grabovski (OZONE: 28.8 Corsi Rel:19.3) and Kulemin (OZONE: 29.5, Corsi Rel: 13.2).

The good news is they have the second most cap space in the league to fill all those holes through free agency where value contracts are easily found.That and they found a starting goaltender with 58 NHL games and a career save percentage of .912.

they dumped a guy that put up 51 points the previous year playing the toughs because he had one down year and a bloated contract. is grabo worth 5.5 a year? no, probably not, but it's not like he's a soft minutes scorer who lost his productivity. the oilers need to claim him. don't let him hit the market at all. this is from nhl.com's article on grabo being bought out:
    Grabovski was second among Maple Leafs forwards in Corsi relative to the quality of competition he faced, which is a strong indicator he was one of the team’s best players at possessing the puck at even strength. He also had the worst PDO among Toronto forwards, which measures shooting percentage and save percentage when he is on the ice — a low number can be an indicator of bad luck.

but it looks they're about to have a massive overpay on david clarkson to make up for it..

The Devils bought out Moose after being unable to trade him and I really hope someone picks him up.

I'm going to miss getting to shout MOOOOOSE at my tv.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i'm interested in seeing who signs mason raymond. he's a really fun player to watch, and will be a bargain for a second-line winger

sC4Q4nq.jpg
    411Randle wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here."

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    is there a better captain than Mats Sundin yet

Horcoff traded to the Stars.

NHL 2013: No Captain Is Safe

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    He wasn't going to be captain next year if he stayed. second team all-star taylor hall or smid are my bets. darkhorse on eberle.

i'll miss horc. he was a consummate pro who gave his all through every shitty game and shitty team he was saddled with. stupid fans hated him because of his contract, but i loved him. he played the hard minutes against the best players. he was good at everything, great at none, but he always made whoever he played with better. watching him mentor the young guns, especially yak who loved him was a treat.

shawn horcoff: dove head first to block a shot with his face because of course he did.

Xehalus wrote: »
    is there a better captain than Mats Sundin yet

is this a real post?

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    seems like a good pick-up for the stars, since they've added so many young guys

I want to point out that evidently Clarky met with the Oilers today.

Have fun paying that price tag for a great person and a decent hockey player, Oilers fans.

So it sounds like Alfie is going to the Red Wings.

Somebody should probably swing by @Larlar 's house and make sure he hasn't kicked the chair out yet.

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I can't. It's a load-bearing chair.

hugebutt.jpg

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm super bummed, but if it means he has a better chance at getting a cup before he retires, I wish him the best. And Detroit's a good place to do it. They're such a weirdly consistent team, one that seems to have had a legitimate shot at every cup for the last 20 years. As much as I'm going to hope every year, it's not like I can start any recent season realistically believing the Sens are going to take home Lord Stanley.

iwantanswers3.png
  • WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    ctkVv1H.jpg

Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
    Ryan Clowe to Devils, 5 years.
    Nathan Horton to CBJ, 7 years.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ray Emery to the Flyers, 1 year 1.7something million. I don't hate that.

Oh shit yes Pittsburgh got Scuderi back. Sweet.

Has that been confirmed? I only saw Scuds as a rumor?

The Stars are going to be a tough team to play against next year. Not sure if that means they make the playoffs, and they shouldn't have traded Loui, but at least it'll be fun to watch.

I really don't like Loui on the Bruins, he's fucking good.

Free Trade Tracker

I got it from there so it's pretty confirmed, yep.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 23s
    Toronto was a bottom 3 posession team last year, lost two of it's best posession forwards and retained one of it's worst for 5 years.

Nice.

I hadn't seen Ference to Edmonton either, that'll be a good move for them.

@Larlar can come back from the edge now, Ryan to OTT. Silfverberg was part of the deal, which might come back to bite them in the ass, though.

I don't like it. Seguin busted his ass for them in the playoffs, got to the puck first and did all the little things and just didn't get any breaks scoring.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png