As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    The face off dots better be painted like slices of pepperoni.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    the whole white section of the boards could be painted like bacon

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to pay 8 dollars for a slice of pizza I can buy whole for 5 dollars.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Tom Wilson is a sack of shit.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    This thread title change is the real MVP.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Well there you go.

Toronto did what Buffalo couldn't and intentionally fielded a garbage team to win the draft lottery.

• Options
    I'm disappointed that the Oilers fell out of the top 3. Happy that both the Flames and Canucks fell as well. Happy that WPG is going to get a very good player. Columbus is a gongshow and no team with Tortorella will ever be successful.

I wanted to watch Laine launch rockets from McDavid.

But hey, 4th is still a very good player, or a good trade chip, and we already won the most important draft pick in forever last year.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I'm so, so very glad that Edmonton didn't end in the top 3.
    Less happy about the draft positions for the Leafs and Canucks though...

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    canuckland is having fits about what was the most statistically likely outcome. fandom knows no intelligence i guess.

i'm just glad it means all the idiots who celebrate losing feel bad

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    The people who assumed that the Oilers would win the draft,not because of random probability but because the fix was in are my favourite.

Because if there's one thing the NHL really wanted, it was the Oilers winning the lotto again.

Also God bless TSN. Two actual playoff games last night and the only mention of them on the front page were text only links. Meanwhile, I think I counted 14? Articles or videos about the leafs picking first.

• Options
    Orpik out 3 games. I can't make heads or tails of Player Safety anymore, but probably the right call in this case.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Angry wrote: »
    The people who assumed that the Oilers would win the draft,not because of random probability but because the fix was in are my favourite.

Because if there's one thing the NHL really wanted, it was the Oilers winning the lotto again.

I kinda wanted the Oilers to win again, just to watch the NHL fan base lose it's collective shit. I didn't want them to win because we can't really draft anything more at this point. But after listening to the NHL fandom shit on the Oilers and their fans for the past few years, I'd be ok with watching the world burn. Plus I looked forward to hearing for the local dude who thinks the NHL is completely rigged and scripted a la the WWE.
    Angry wrote: »
    Also God bless TSN. Two actual playoff games last night and the only mention of them on the front page were text only links. Meanwhile, I think I counted 14? Articles or videos about the leafs picking first.

There's a reason it's called the Toronto Sports Network.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    I've talked myself in to Dubois not being that big of a drop off from Pjujujuju and will be happy if that's the pick at 4.

I want nothing to do with Tkachuk. Never trust London Knights.

• Options
    Letang out for Game 4, which is the right call.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    The Player Safety video needs the audio, apparently. Their Key Points slide is pretty weak in terms of rationale.

The ice-level angle though shows he did leave his feet before the hit, so I can't say I disagree with them, sadly.

• Options
    Yeah.

Game 4 is going to be rough.

I predict Murray gets a 70 shot shut out and goes on the win the Conn Smythe.

• Options
    Daley and Cole can step up and play strong minutes. Schultz coming back in will probably be OK as well. Pouliot and Dumoulin will probably be the deciding factor. There won't really be a way to hide/support them now.

• Options
    The trick is to have Crosby actually win faceoffs and then just never let Washington get the zone. Bam!

• Options
    Schultz coming in is never ok.

The Pens are going to get mauled tomorrow.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Oh god D: did anyone see Sissons go down in the sharks/predators game?

That was friggin ugly

• Options
    No supplemental discipline for Boyle going after Hickey in retaliation. I'd love to see their dart board in the Player Safety office.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Because if they had disciplined him they'd have to admit that they missed a call that basically swung the game in one team's favor.

• Options
    Eat shit Washingtonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Options
    LTM wrote: »
    Daley and Cole can step up and play strong minutes. Schultz coming back in will probably be OK as well. Pouliot and Dumoulin will probably be the deciding factor. There won't really be a way to hide/support them now.

I also got the bucciovertimechallenge right. This is the most right I will ever have been about a hockey game, ever. I want this on my tombstone.

Dumoulin was amazing as 2nd D.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Caps rally from three down and force Game 6 into OT.

Playoff hockey, yo.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Okay I think I'm starting to feel bad about the Capitals

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Okay I think I'm starting to feel bad about the Capitals

nah

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Damn, I have friends and coworkers that are going to call in sick en masse tomorrow. The Caps not getting out of the second round since 98 is all kinds of uggggggggh.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Damn, I have friends and coworkers that are going to call in sick en masse tomorrow. The Caps not getting out of the second round since 98 is all kinds of uggggggggh.

well the sharks have had that problem their entire history
    So lets hope it's not the case tomorrow night in Game 7 with the Predators

• Options
    On the one hand, Go Pens Go.

On the other hand, the WHL Championship has gone to OT three times in three games. In all three, Seattle was up 2-1 in the third only to let in the tying goal and lose in overtime 3-2. Fucking crushing, yo.

• Options
    Tonight I'm cheering for Dallas pretty hard. Gotta win the bracket!

• Options
    Dallas got run the fuck over last game. I think the hockey Gords reward the Blues tonight.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Ugh, was hoping the Caps would win cuz screw the Pens.

Hoping the Blues pull it off tonight. Still bitter that we traded Seguin, and I'm taking it out on him by rooting for whoever is against him. That and I just would like to see the Blues make it further, they're kind of fun to watch.

And purely on a childish level, I want the Sharks to win because I was a kid when they came into existence, I liked sharks, and I dug their logo. So, go childhood team that I liked aside from the Bruins!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Tonight I'm cheering for Dallas pretty hard. Gotta win the bracket!

Caps losing screwed my bracket pretty hard. Dropped from first to fourth, and I'm just gonna go down from there.

• Options
    I continue to pull for a Sharks/Pens final, like every year for the last few years.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Well, this could be going better.

Edit: Bullshit offside review goes my way!

Edit edit: no there it goes again.

Edit edit edit: whatever, the west isn't a real conference anyway.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really I don't blame Rinne for breaking his stick 26 saves and 5 goals is just proof of a horrible game

• Options
    That was a great meltdown, Rinne's. Gotta love the emotion of playoff hockey.

Sharks/Blues is going to be a long and brutal series.

• Options
    I feel like there's a very good chance that each series goes 7 and leaves all fan bases emotionally drained.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    I honestly thought TB was going to get eliminated in the first round after Stamkos went down. At this point, I'm not willing to bet against them winning it all.