As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    I know I picked Detroit. But a friend of mine has picked against the Pens in every round so I'm hoping his reverse voodoo magic keeps them going.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options

Mike Milbury really needs punched in the dick.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Roenik thinks Crosby needs the work ethic of a kid who refused to play for half the season so...

NBC makes Glenn Healey nearly palatable.

Nearly.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Mike Milbury really needs punched in the dick.

He didn't get fired after he assaulted a 12 year old. On video.

Soo...

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    And he didn't even crack a bone or concuss the kid. Hypocrite.

• Options
    As Gary would say, night is young.

l7CXzfP.png

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah there's...not a lot of good there. Saw someone crunching numbers comparing Gudbranson to Jared Cowen and Nate Guenin....

But, the Sharks kept up their half of the bargain last night. So Let's Go Pens!

• Options
    So nervous for them.

I love it! Since the coaching change the Pens have been tremendous fun to watch and I've enjoyed the shit out of their playoff run.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Yeah there's...not a lot of good there. Saw someone crunching numbers comparing Gudbranson to Jared Cowen and Nate Guenin....

But, the Sharks kept up their half of the bargain last night. So Let's Go Pens!

That was Travis Yost.

Kypreos hates the trade from Floridas perspective citing only Gudbranson's height and weight. That's it.

Maclean then went on to say that he plays 20 minutes a night! And offer up no further analysis.

Andrew Macdonald played a lot! Now he has one of the worst contracts in the history of the league but whatever!

Mark Spector then went on to lament the fact that analytics are going to ruin the Panthers and that Tallon would never have made that trade. This of course ignores the fact that Tallon retains last say in all deals and was actively involved in this one.

Hockey has the dumbest analysts of any sport I watch by a mile.

• Options
    Hockey twitter has some of the best analysts of any sport I watch by a mile!

Also, hockey is the only sport I watch.

• Options
    There really isn't much downside to the trade for Florida. If someone walks in your door and is willing to drastically overpay for someone, you do it and figure out the rest later.

• Options
    Florida is the one that was in a cap crunch. They needed to free up cap space due to bonus overages.

Vancouver paid Florida for the right to help Florida out. Paid a fucking premium to do it.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, there was a real logjam developing for the Canucks at centre and McCann's roster spot wasn't guaranteed.

Which was a problem the organization made for itself, but Vancouver excels at that... The Granlund trade, no matter how highly you rank Shinkaruk, made no sense on the Canucks' part.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    I really hope Stamkos is actually healthy and not game 7 healthy.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Man, this is a pretty good game.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    NHL thread please help me I live in Ontario and for the past few years I have been telling everyone that my favourite team is the San Jose Sharks.
    Last year my parents went to California and got me Sharks merchandise. All my friends think it's weird but they respect my choices.
    Now people are talking to me saying that I "must be pretty pleased with the Sharks this year."
    I smile and nod, maybe give a knowing tap on the nose, but my terrible secret is that I never watch NHL games on my own, and I have no idea what's going on.
    I feel like it's only a matter of time until the dark secret that I'm not a real Sharks fan comes out.
    Please tell me what is going on so that I may continue my reign as resident Sharks fan among my circle of friends.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    No wait I have done my research and it is the Stanley Cup.

Even I have heard of that!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

Make sure to say Jumbo Joe a lot. And make fun of Boston for trading him.

Also, Brent Burns is a bear. Or maybe a bear in a lumberjack costume.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Make sure to tell people Matt Nieto is from Long Beach, California.

Also tell them California is where real hockey is played and then run away quickly as they burst into flames.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Make sure to say Jumbo Joe a lot. And make fun of Boston for trading him.

Also, Brent Burns is a bear. Or maybe a bear in a lumberjack costume.
    Nah. Burns is Chewbacca.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Pens <3

• Options
    Woooooooooooooooo

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Say "Little Joe's a real difference maker! Did you see that tip?"
    (He tipped the puck in the net, in case they haven't)

• Options
    Welp you had a good run Pittsburgh but it's time for San Jose to sweep you with Thornton getting 9 assists.

• Options
    I'm sad that now I want Brent Burns to be destroyed.

But I will celebrate his chewbacca tears when they flow.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    Welp you had a good run Pittsburgh but it's time for San Jose to sweep you with Thornton getting 9 assists.

The sad thing is this is a completely viable potential outcome.

I have no idea how this series is going to go. I could conceivably believe a scenario when it goes full Pens-Flyers-esque and every game ends up 8-6.

Joe Thornton might win Game 7 in overtime with his miraculous 4th goal of the night and then be forced to keep his word and whip it out on the ice.

• Options
    Naw the Pens aren't going to get swept, they're too good.

The only reason the Lightning didn't get blown out of the water was Vasilevski.

The pens D is super suspect which might cause them issues but I expect a very close 6 or 7 game series.

• Options
    The only reason I could see the Pens getting swept would be in 4 close games where the Sharks just out-grind them at key moments. The Pens have a bad habit of either going to sleep or getting petulant in those sorts of games. The Sharks seem to just out-and-out not want to lose this year. Couture and Pavelski especially just seem to be unbreakable.

This is going to be so fucking good, though.

• Options
    Was asked at work how I feel today:

Cjbp4ZTVEAAAETa.jpg

• Options
    Not pictured: the craft services table just showed up.

• Options
    K9fd3w9.jpg
    That's Game 7 hero Bryan Rust in the hot dog suit, for the uninitiated.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kessel always looks like he should be in a beer league, not the NHL.

• Options
    I'm done with this shit.

Fuck you Canada, fuck you Babcock.

I would suggest that you American peeps join me on this team NA bandwagon, because your roster is terrible.

• Options
    If they started Murray in net I'm 100% team NA.

• Options
    I'm team NA, I refuse to root for any team that employs Torts anymore.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Kessel looks like Bobcat Goldthwait's illegitimate son who decided to play hockey

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2016
    FUCKING SHIT FUCK.

Why can we not keep a lead? At least it's an exciting game. Now if only my nbc stream would even out.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Maybe it is because I'm mostly happy Pittsburgh a) made the playoffs at all and b) beat Washington, but I'm feeling pretty zen about the finals.

Now, ask me again when it might be down to one game and my answer will be different but I enjoyed that game even when it went pear shaped for a bit.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Phil Kessel looks like a potato man.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such