As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.4 Free epics ! By the way, we have a new Warchief.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hey now, they're revisiting their "Fuck LWs" policy and giving us drums back. That has to count for something.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Hey now, they're revisiting their "Fuck LWs" policy and giving us drums back. That has to count for something.

They are giving us A drum.

The biggest problem IMO with Leatherworking is that there just isn't a whole lot to make with it. You can make some ok gear while leveling (except during Cataclysm when everything took ridiculous amounts of mats to craft and you outgeared and outleveled anything you could make by a lot because of that) but then there's like 2 epics you can craft at max level, which are kind of a hassle to get mats for early in the expansion and are instantly replaced by any raid drops. And then there are raid drop recipes which are a pain in the ass to craft because they require special raid-only drops that are always carefully rationed by the guild, even though the items themselves are not any better than the gear that drops in that raid (only really useful if someone is gearing up fresh or has been particularly unlucky with drops). Oh, and we can make leg patches for SOME classes (not anyone who wants INT which is most classes -_-).

After that? There is nothing. No fun items. No mounts. No pets. The only bags we can make are mining and skinning bags which aren't super useful. Just about every other profession can make cool, fun items. Most can make mounts (Blacksmithing I think is the only one who can't). A bunch of them get tons of use out of their profession all throughout the expansion (i.e. everyone will always need gems, enchants, belt buckles, bigger bags, flasks, etc). It just kind of sucks. I would have dropped LWing by now if I hadn't amassed such a huge collection of recipes that I don't want to lose.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    In defense of the high 522 crafted LW gear...the boots actually happen to be best-in-slot for Boomkins and maybe Resto Druids until Heroic Durummu, which is kind of a big deal. The helm's a bit worse. Of course, it helps to be on a server where the Haunting Spirit market is owned by your guild.

But yes, I felt I had a lot more shit to craft and sell when we used to be able to make more varied leg patches, ammo satchels, and drums.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Yeah, the boots are pretty good - they are BiS for me too (Rogue). But the amount of effort it takes to craft them - especially disenchanting shit in ToT which is not going to happen at all for probably like at least a month into running it regularly (then slowly as you get more duplicates/stuff people don't need), only to have them being the same ilvl as other boots in Normal to which they are only *slightly* better, and worse than Heroic, is dumb. If they took like, at most, two haunting spirits, ok. You can get some pretty bitchin' boots early on since boots don't really drop often until the later bosses. But you will be ON those bosses by the time you get enough Haunting Spirits to make ONE SET. That's really, really dumb.

They should at least be thunderforged ilvl for the amount of shit it requires to craft them.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    There's no reason at all that they shouldn't add Leather "normal" bags into the game, look at how many real world purses, briefcases, and backpacks are leather.

Also, they could add a crafted saddle and allow you to tame your own mounts, that would be pretty sweet.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Enjoying DK tanking at 89. Getting TellMeWhen for Bone Shield + 10-stack Blood Tap was definitely a good move.

Except that TellMeWhen won't obey my conditions; I want the icon to only show when Bone Shield is down, off cooldown (ie. usable), and/or when it has =<2 stacks left. Even with those three condition present, it's behaving erratically.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    LW made a killing back in BC with the Riding Crop. If they brought a version of that back to the game, I think it would be great for LW -- or maybe some sort of boot enchant that increases ride speed?

Yes, the boots are BiS for non-heroic for all but maybe 3 specs or so. And yes, about a month seems to be where you hit the point you are sharding more than you are using items; which to me I think is more of a statement about the "learning curve" for heroic modes.

I actually love selling Armor Kits. The bigger pain in the ass for me is getting enough Spirits. 1.6 per day just isn't enough and I farm very little now (I do only the first camp of GL since that's an easy 10 Lesser Tokens for my Mogu Coins).

I wouldn't mind seeing profession bags done away with completely, but allow certain (all?) profs to make a bag. It would be a great way to add some general competition to the bags markets. (e.g. LW have leather bags, Engs or BS sell toolboxes/toolbelts, etc) Scribes I think should be able to buy faction-specific ink and sell scrolls to increase rep with a given faction. Alchs lost their "everlasting elixirs" that they had for two expansions, with no replacement.

Something to think about: BC and Wrath were the last times we had major profession additions. Since then, it's just been augmentation to already-present items or mechanics [goggles, research mechanics, drums, flasks, mounts, etc]

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Something to think about: BC and Wrath were the last times we had major profession additions. Since then, it's just been augmentation to already-present items or mechanics [goggles, research mechanics, drums, flasks, mounts, etc]

Ghostcrawler has specifically said that professions were "too good" in TBC; that having any reward that tempted people to switch was bad for the game.
    Given that, I think we can expect the status quo for awhile: "unique" enchants that all have the same stat bonus and maybe 1 BiS crafted item.

LW is due for a mount or pet of some kind though.

• Options
    Question for you all: if the Yak had a NPC that allowed you to access your character's bank instead of a Reforger, would you be more likely to purchase one? What if it was a Transmog NPC instead?

Yes, I know about the Gruntling/Squire; I just hate Wrath vehicle quests.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Ghostcrawler has specifically said that professions were "too good" in TBC; that having any reward that tempted people to switch was bad for the game.
    Given that, I think we can expect the status quo for awhile: "unique" enchants that all have the same stat bonus and maybe 1 BiS crafted item.

LW is due for a mount or pet of some kind though.

I mean, I don't think anyone can disagree with that statement at least with regards to TBC tailoring. The cloth sets were better than T5 even. T4 and 5 are basically lost to the ages for caster classes.

And then drums were stupidbroken on the tail end of TBC, so...

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that's the case with every gear-making profession though, really. Tailoring and blacksmithing aren't any better, and the assorted gear the other professions can make is mostly useless too. Which is why all my characters are some combination of alchemy/JC/enchanting now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    that's the case with every gear-making profession though, really.
    Right. The main thing that makes LW worse is the materials needed for crafting are a bigger pain to get than they are for everything else.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Question for you all: if the Yak had a NPC that allowed you to access your character's bank instead of a Reforger, would you be more likely to purchase one? What if it was a Transmog NPC instead?

Yes, I know about the Gruntling/Squire; I just hate Wrath vehicle quests.
    I would absolutely plunk down the 100k for the Yak (or future high-end mount) if it contained a portable Transmog NPC. I was hoping that's what we'd get with the Yak to begin with; I still don't see a use for an on-demand reforging NPC when you've still got things like enchants and gems to contend with. I can't ever recall a point at which I'd get a piece of equipment and immediately be able to put it into use without hitting up Org/SW first.

A portable bank would be nice as well, but my main and a couple of alts are Goblins so we've got that as a racial, which is nice. Moreover, I'm hoping that we'll get some account-wide bank access that's been alluded to by GC and crew recently.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I've been avoiding lfr for a few weeks out of frustration but I decided to give it another go.
    started with 10 wisdom and 4 power, and after three of the five wings I have ...15 wisdom and 4 power
    update: after the other two wings, I ended up with 18 wisdom & 5 power

I can't wait to see how quickly they back off of the "must complete legendary quest to do new world boss" idea.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Enjoying DK tanking at 89. Getting TellMeWhen for Bone Shield + 10-stack Blood Tap was definitely a good move.

Except that TellMeWhen won't obey my conditions; I want the icon to only show when Bone Shield is down, off cooldown (ie. usable), and/or when it has =<2 stacks left. Even with those three condition present, it's behaving erratically.

There's an addon I use called Raven which has combined functionality of TellMeWhen and NeedToKnow (as well as other neat bits and bobbles and lots of customization) that could probably do what you want TMW to do. It's not as lightweight as TMW/NTK, but also not super hard to figure out, either.

Either that, or try Weak Auras. You can do pretty much anything with Weak Auras.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I love mobile reforging. some tiers I reforge multiple times each raid night. By comparison, I transmog once every several months. What are you mogging on an hourly basis? And there are multiple items or pets at this point that give mobile banking already.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    See, I'm the exact opposite, but I'm not constantly getting upgrades either. I change my transmog outfits either when I get a piece I've been hunting for a while or once every week or so. I've amassed a very large amount of gear to transmog over all the years I've been playing, from Dungeon 1/Tier 0 at launch all the way through T15 now, including most PvP sets, some quest green sets and a hodgepodge of others.

I may well be an outlier there, though. I am genuinely curious to know what the usage statistics of the transmog feature are; how often do most people change their gear?

• Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular
    killed heroic lei shen 25 last night, that was neat

• Options
    Bashiok (Drysc) re: the upcoming in-game store offerings:
    Thanks for all the feedback so far, everyone. We’re still pretty early in the exploration process, but we did want to go into more detail about our rationale for introducing an in-game store, as well as provide some insight into what you might ultimately see available there.

For players who are already interested in the in-game items we offer, such as Pet Store pets and mounts, the benefits of an in-game store are pretty clear. We think everyone would appreciate the convenience of being able to make such purchases without having to leave the game, and ultimately that’s our long-term goal for the system, though there’s quite a bit of work involved in retrofitting those existing items into the new system.

First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. We’ve had a lot of requests from players in different regions for convenience-oriented items such as these, and as with other new ideas we’ve introduced as WoW has evolved—including Pet Store pets, mounts, and more—your feedback plays a hugely important part in determining what we add to the game.

Ultimately it’s still too early in the process to make any final determinations about our plans, but in the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the in-game store once it’s implemented on the PTR and let us know what you think.

Very curious. I'm not sure how I feel about this slipperiest of slopes.

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    See, I'm the exact opposite, but I'm not constantly getting upgrades either. I change my transmog outfits either when I get a piece I've been hunting for a while or once every week or so. I've amassed a very large amount of gear to transmog over all the years I've been playing, from Dungeon 1/Tier 0 at launch all the way through T15 now, including most PvP sets, some quest green sets and a hodgepodge of others.

I may well be an outlier there, though. I am genuinely curious to know what the usage statistics of the transmog feature are; how often do most people change their gear?

Nope, I transmog my stuff constantly; anytime I have a set that I don't visually like and/or if the entire thing doesn't match it's getting transmogged. But I did that way before they even introduced the feature, if it was early in the tier and I didn't match I'd just swap into an "RP set" when I was hanging out on the bank steps. I might also end up changing my hair color frequently too. >.>

But on the flip side, I do carry gems/enchant scrolls for any anticipated upgrades, so reforging on the fly to maintain appropriate Haste thresholds was important too.

Bank/AH access would be lovely; after playing GW2 and having the ability to deposit crafting mats and post auctions from anywhere just makes it feel unnecessarily tedious to have to slog back to an old world city to clear inventory space. (Even Tera has a bank/AH in every town, and swtor lets you earn one for your ship) Oh sure, it doesn't make RP sense for items to magically teleport to the bank, but it's not any less improbable than your package being simultaneously delivered to every mailbox in the entire world.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the feedback so far, everyone. We’re still pretty early in the exploration process, but we did want to go into more detail about our rationale for introducing an in-game store, as well as provide some insight into what you might ultimately see available there.

For players who are already interested in the in-game items we offer, such as Pet Store pets and mounts, the benefits of an in-game store are pretty clear. We think everyone would appreciate the convenience of being able to make such purchases without having to leave the game, and ultimately that’s our long-term goal for the system, though there’s quite a bit of work involved in retrofitting those existing items into the new system.

First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. We’ve had a lot of requests from players in different regions for convenience-oriented items such as these, and as with other new ideas we’ve introduced as WoW has evolved—including Pet Store pets, mounts, and more—your feedback plays a hugely important part in determining what we add to the game.

Ultimately it’s still too early in the process to make any final determinations about our plans, but in the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the in-game store once it’s implemented on the PTR and let us know what you think.

As far as offering Lesser Charms or w/e, that's totally fine by me. I Pet Battle like crazy in my downtime from raiding, and that offers more than enough Lesser Charms (seriously, I'm over 200 now just from pet battles). And to their credit, they have been offering alternate ways to get charms already. Dailies, pet battles, killing MoP Rares, Battlefield Barrens, etc. Battlefield Barrens is another good way to get charms, too. I think Timeless Isle will have a similar dealio too. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out. I trust Blizzard not to make a stupid mistake and have some kind of bullshit pay-to-win thing. I think they'll do it right, whatever they choose to do.

Oh, and 10/12 Titan Runestones now. I'm so close to my 600 cloak, I can taste it. Also made some significant progress on Heroic Consorts tonight. We actually wiped to Enrage once, which is a good thing, because it means that all we need is extra deeps and we'll have a kill. Fun fight, really. Found out that during Phase 3, if you drag Moonbitch to a corner right before Tidal Force, it makes dealing with the whole thing 10x easier. Pretty much only 1 wave can potentially hit you, the rest will hit walls or go off in random directions. We stack in the middle for that, she's off in a corner, and we CD through it. I still think there's some extra tweaks we can make to make it easier, but I definitely think it's a kill next week.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Dibby wrote: »
    I trust Blizzard not to make a stupid mistake and have some kind of bullshit pay-to-win thing. I think they'll do it right, whatever they choose to do.

I do not trust them in this
    Cata should have taught everyone the lesson they are talking to the wrong people and continue to do so

Brainleech on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, seeing how they took the lessons of Cata to mean "everyone wants stupid grinding bullshit" and screwed D3 with the RMAH, I'm not confident in their real money store for WoW.

• Options
    Did they buff the sigils and so on you get out of the first raids of panda? I went on my rogue got a lot of gear via the pity roll but only one sigil?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Down to just two pets left for the second tier raiding with leashes achievement. The one from Curator and the one from Tidewalker.

I guess I should be glad its not the ones from Prince Malch and Vashj.

• Options
    I just need the tidewalker and curator
    Sadly I need the one off Vashj as I traded to my brother for it counting disappeared from the achievement durrrr

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »

As far as offering Lesser Charms or w/e, that's totally fine by me. I Pet Battle like crazy in my downtime from raiding, and that offers more than enough Lesser Charms (seriously, I'm over 200 now just from pet battles). And to their credit, they have been offering alternate ways to get charms already. Dailies, pet battles, killing MoP Rares, Battlefield Barrens, etc. Battlefield Barrens is another good way to get charms, too. I think Timeless Isle will have a similar dealio too. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out. I trust Blizzard not to make a stupid mistake and have some kind of bullshit pay-to-win thing. I think they'll do it right, whatever they choose to do.
    Before Diablo 3 and this latest news of Vivendi dipping quite deeply into Activision-Blizzard's honey pot, I'd definitely have had more trust in them, but now I'm far less hopeful. I don't expect them to flat-out sell heroic gear, at least not at the outset, but given what we've seen offered recently:

-BoE pet on the pet store essentially allowing real money gold selling (albeit in a roundabout way)
    -A Black Market AH which sells Heroic Raid gear for gold

and now

-(Proposed) XP boosts
    -(Proposed) Lesser Charms of Good Fortune

Alongside the whole fiasco that is Diablo 3 (and I won't go into a big rant on it here, but when even the lead developer on the game admits that the Auction House/RMAH was the most crippling addition and biggest detriment to the game as a whole, it's pretty clearly a bad idea), it just really makes me wary. Blizzard's whole mantra with the Blizzard Store's introduction way back when was "we'll never sell anything that would provide an in-game advantage to a player", and up until the BoE pet, they stayed true to that. Then that pet was introduced, people flipped out and there hasn't been another BoE pet offered since. The Lesser Charms aren't a huge deal in and of themselves because, as you said, there's a million and one ways to acquire them already. My concern is more of the precedent that it sets, because if it starts with Lesser Charms, how long until it becomes "pay $X for Valor Points" or whatever, and at that point, you may as well just sell the gear outright.

Honestly, I'm not hating on a real-money based store at all; it's something that can be a decent addition to a game IF it's warranted and it's done properly. But this, given the recent goings-on with Blizzard, my faith has been seriously shaken.

• Options
    I'll admit to having a very limited view of two servers; but I never saw the pet to cause major money/gold issues. Plus it tanked in value fairly quickly, to the point the $ per gold was quickly not worth the effort.

That being said, I have definitely been "gifted" a store mount for providing X amount of gold to someone who was low on gold funds. I'm saying this simply because there will always be ways to game a system in some way.

I have no problems with the store. And really, we all knew an in-game store was coming; it's the only mechanism available right now that keeps the game world chugging along later in life.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't really have any problem with the idea of people paying for various convenience things or vanity items, especially if the vanity items can be sold to me for gold.

also who flipped out about the BoE pet? After a couple weeks they were selling for like 3k each, and this was on the fairly low-pop server I was on at the time

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

The thing that gets me is the part I left in. Who has ever been sitting there playing and thought, "Hey, right now is the perfect time to drop $25 on a vanity pet/mount, and you know what? I want it instantly!" Having to leave the game for a minute or two to do that isn't a big problem, there's only a few pets/mounts and they don't add that many. Just admit you want to put a cash shop into the game for other things, don't lie about the reasons.

I do think being able to buy lesser charms is a very slippery slope though. They aren't hard to get, I think most people are swimming in them. All this does is set the stage for them to add other currencies and such.

• Options
    Blendtec wrote: »

The thing that gets me is the part I left in. Who has ever been sitting there playing and thought, "Hey, right now is the perfect time to drop $25 on a vanity pet/mount, and you know what? I want it instantly!" Having to leave the game for a minute or two to do that isn't a big problem, there's only a few pets/mounts and they don't add that many. Just admit you want to put a cash shop into the game for other things, don't lie about the reasons.

I do think being able to buy lesser charms is a very slippery slope though. They aren't hard to get, I think most people are swimming in them. All this does is set the stage for them to add other currencies and such.

I don't think it's about "wanting it instantly" so much as it is just convenient. Also, right now if you are logged in and buy a mount or whatever, you have to log out for it to show in your mailbox, which is dumb.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I don't think it's about "wanting it instantly" so much as it is just convenient. Also, right now if you are logged in and buy a mount or whatever, you have to log out for it to show in your mailbox, which is dumb.

Right, but is that really a big deal? How many people are buying vanity items so frequently that they've asked Blizzard for a way to not have to log out for a couple of seconds to get them. I just can't believe that situation exists for them to have to fix, they just want a cash shop, plain and simple.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Something I wouldn't mind is if there was a bonus you got if you did dailies for a group that you're already maxed out rep-wise for.

Say if you're maxed out with Kirin Tor Offensive and you do Isle of Thunder dailies, they give a extra lesser charm or something for doing them.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Right, but is that really a big deal? How many people are buying vanity items so frequently that they've asked Blizzard for a way to not have to log out for a couple of seconds to get them. I just can't believe that situation exists for them to have to fix, they just want a cash shop, plain and simple.

Enough that they felt it was worth adding? Why do you care tho?

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Something I wouldn't mind is if there was a bonus you got if you did dailies for a group that you're already maxed out rep-wise for.

Say if you're maxed out with Kirin Tor Offensive and you do Isle of Thunder dailies, they give a extra lesser charm or something for doing them.

The problem for Blizz is then people feel compelled to do the extra dailies and moan at them that they're not enjoying it.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

it's not about new item reforging, but rather one spec being optimal for one fight and another for another (and their stat priorities are diferent)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Because it's another design decision for a problem that I think doesn't exist. Cash shops in MMOs have the potential to be game ruiners, and given D3, it's not unreasonable to be suspicious of one. Yeah, they admitted that was a terrible idea, doesn't mean they won't try it again in a different setting.

• Options
    I don't really have any problem with the idea of people paying for various convenience things or vanity items, especially if the vanity items can be sold to me for gold.

also who flipped out about the BoE pet? After a couple weeks they were selling for like 3k each, and this was on the fairly low-pop server I was on at the time

There was a pretty big blowup about it when the Guardian Cub was offered and revealed to be BoE, but like anything else, the furor died down after a time. Still, the blowback was enough that we haven't seen another BoE pet offered since.

But sure, there are a ton of items they could offer on the store that would be a fantastic way to boost revenue. Heck, transmog options alone would make an absolute killing. Stat-free gear that can't otherwise be found in the game, that kind of stuff would sell like crazy.

RIFT does the best in-game store I've seen, both because it's completely unobtrusive and because it offers an enormous amount of things to purchase. The question really seems to be how well such a thing will be received given that people are already paying a subscription fee and Blizzard is showing no signs of wanting this thing to go Free to Play anytime soon.

• Options

Because it's another design decision for a problem that I think doesn't exist. Cash shops in MMOs have the potential to be game ruiners, and given D3, it's not unreasonable to be suspicious of one. Yeah, they admitted that was a terrible idea, doesn't mean they won't try it again in a different setting.

I don't see how you can compare this to D3. The two have absolutely nothing in common except that you spend real money on stuff. Also, guarantee you they make more money once the store is in-game. Not everyone is checking the Blizzard Store website every day for stuff to buy.

• Options
    Firstly, they will likely never offer BoE pets again, thanks to the caging mechanic they've added with account-wide pets currently. That mechanic has instantly made every pet in the store BoE.

Also, it's not hard to envision this scenario soon: "Oh hey, [new expansion] dropped last week, but I haven't bought it yet." "Well, you can buy that *right in the game* now! The files will download in the background while you're playing." "Cool! Let me just do that!"

I'm holding out hope. I think this offers many more options for creative ideas that it does detracting from the game. One example: use Blizz store in game to purchase Hearthstone cards that are also WoW loot cards. You get the WoW reward instantly and your card is waiting for you when you log into Hearthston.

As an aside, I can easily see a time where people will be able to challenge each other to Hearthstone duels from right in the game.

This discussion has been closed.