As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live Thread] - go to the new thread!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    more BC stuff, with Dark Souls finally making the cut.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Where's RDR :(

• Options
    Where's RDR :(

am sure it'll appear before to long. perhaps we'll finally get a sequel announcement at E3.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Where's Defiance?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Where's Defiance?

I do believe this is the first time I've heard someone speak of Defiance in any positive way

Assuming you're not joking

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Well, time to grumble about them picking the weaker of the two Namco fighting game franchises (as well as the weaker of the tag-team 3D fighters).

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Defiance was a great game.

A less crazy Borderlandsish MMO. Still have my 360 disc too, so I'd definitely give it a go if it ever hits BC. And also if the servers are still up...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Where's Defiance?

I do believe this is the first time I've heard someone speak of Defiance in any positive way

Assuming you're not joking

There used to be a thread for Defiance in the MMO section. But Defiance was/is a fun game and it's outliving the TV series, which is a thing that its detractors said it wouldn't do too, so there's that.

The servers for Defiance are still up, and it's regularly patched. It just recently had a major content addition.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    next months GwG have been announced

already own both the Xbone offerings, but for those that don't they're both worth picking up. tried the demo for Dead Space way back and it never really clicked. have wanted to give it another go since the series gets so much praise, so nice to see that included. also i know a few have been waiting for it to be added to BC. have the Xbone version of SR4 but another play through at some point wouldn't be so bad.

all in all a good line-up i think.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    That's a crazy good lineup right there.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Very excited. More people get to play Sunset Overdrive! Gonna have to redownload it in anticipation. Dad Space is one of my favorite games of all time. I also never played SR4 but since it's the 360 version I can bring my SR3 guy forward. Overall, cool beans.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Do the XBO games remain playable when your sub ends, or is that just for the 360 GWG?

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Very excited. More people get to play Sunset Overdrive! Gonna have to redownload it in anticipation. Dad Space is one of my favorite games of all time. I also never played SR4 but since it's the 360 version I can bring my SR3 guy forward. Overall, cool beans.

Don't know if Dad Space was a typo or not, but it's pretty great.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    That's the best free games lineup from Sony or MS since the current gen consoles launched I think. Dead Space is the only one I'll be picking up, but still, good lineup! Sunset Overdrive is the reason I wanted a One, and it was a great game. Saints Row+Tony Hawk+Ratchet&Clank+Deadpoolesque 4th wall breaking.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

What do you mean, that's how you spell Dead Spruce

• Options
    edited March 2016

tumblr_mlqkb7zk881rlynuno1_1280.jpg

Dirty on
  • Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Do the XBO games remain playable when your sub ends, or is that just for the 360 GWG?

thats just the 360 games, you own then no matter what while Xbone games are tied to your subscription. saying that though, i was having some issues with my sub recently, and despite being told i needed to re-sub i was still able to get The Deer God to launch. but still best to just assume that no Gold = losing access to those Xbone games.

• Options
    I bought Sunset Overdrive when I bought my One and still haven't played it

I should sell it so I can download the free version to my hard drive and not play that

• Options

i would play the shit out of Dad Space.

• Options
    Did Xbox One get Octodad, a game where you play as a normal human dad?

That basically sounds like Dad Space

• Options
    I haven't used my One in a while, did the update that lets you download the 360 games on the One drop yet?

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

As already pointed out, Xbox Live doesn't have a means of removing ownership of a digital purchase on the Xbox 360 marketplace--once you own it, you own it. If you get a refund on something for an accidental purchase, for example, you still own it.

Since things like EA Access and others requiring it, that ability does exist on XB1 purchases.

That being said, Sunset Overdrive was absolutely worth $60 when I bought it (I never got any DLC though). Not really a fan of Saint's Row, but still, extremely solid lineup.

Also, the fact that it's an original Xbox in that ad (which did not have Dad Dead Space just made me laugh harder.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I haven't used my One in a while, did the update that lets you download the 360 games on the One drop yet?

If you are in the preview program then yes

• Options
    Sunset Overdrive was the main reason I bought my XBO. Fuckin' love that game. I don't maintain a Gold sub though, so I have no reason to get rid of my disc copy.

• Options
    edited March 2016

Crud... Can I expect it to drop for realsies before Dead Space isn't free anymore?

Edit: Most people have probably already played it, but The Wolf Among Us is super fantastic too! Like, the third best Telltale series behind Borderlands and TWD.

Skull2185 on
  • Options

i believe it did. need to pick it up at some point.

i think it has yeah, though its bit clunky. you've got to go into the store and go the BC category, then find the game you want there. they don't show up on the same screen as the Xbone GwG/DwG games do. hopefully they'll change that soon.

also if you're using Windows 10 you can now access the Xbone store using the Xbox app and buy/download the Xbone GwG from there. can't access the BC list or 360 store in it though.

• Options

It did come to Xbox One, a while after PS4 (and I assume PC).

• Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular

I think the actual update for everyone came out yesterday, didn't it?

Also, these games are great. I absolutely love Dead Space. Sunset Overdrive is amazing and I am pumped more people will play it now.

• Options
    follow up for @Skull2185

you'll need to go through the store but you should be able to get the 360 GwG using just your Xbone.

• Options
    Whoops my bad. That video just makes me wonder when Cuphead is gonna finally come out...

• Options
    Whoops my bad. That video just makes me wonder when Cuphead is gonna finally come out...

its making me hope for 360 and Xbone playable characters.

• Options
    Yisssss!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I havent played Sunset Overdrive or Wolf Among Us yet so thats great, happy to have Dead Space digitally even though I've played it before. (its also a favorite of mine... Please make Dead Space 4... In the spirit of Dead Space 2 please.) already played Saints Row 4, but I didnt have it digitally.

Solid GWG showing Microsoft.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Sunset Overdrive was like my #1 most wanted GwG title.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I havent played Sunset Overdrive or Wolf Among Us yet so thats great, happy to have Dead Space digitally even though I've played it before. (its also a favorite of mine... Please make Dead Space 4... In the spirit of Dead Space 2 please.) already played Saints Row 4, but I didnt have it digitally.

Solid GWG showing Microsoft.

Yes.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    nice sunset is a great game. I figured it would come to gwg at some point

Also, Wolf Among Us if by far Telltale's best game. EVERYONE should play. god damn that intro music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XReH6S6esQ

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Sunset Overdrive is incredibly fun. The multiplayer community is still going on too.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    This sucks.

I own all those already, because they're incredible.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    That is a great lineup. Sunset Overdrive is a game i'm glad I held off on now.

Still waiting for Ryse to be a gwg

And who wants to make the new threadi

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    nice sunset is a great game. I figured it would come to gwg at some point

Also, Wolf Among Us if by far Telltale's best game. EVERYONE should play. god damn that intro music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XReH6S6esQ

While I'm sure this game is great, there is no way it can beat out Tales from the Borderlands as Telltale's best game...can it?!