As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Sixth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament Part 1 (Preliminary Thread!)

• Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    After years of trying, I finally got Ravenclaw OotP. Now I can wear those radish earrings.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    After years of trying, I finally got Ravenclaw OotP. Now I can wear those radish earrings.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    Bau5Bau5 PDXRegistered User regular
    Slytherin DE, i'm in you.

2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2012
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2013
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2014
  • Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    Ca-Caw!

Ravenclaw OotP reporting for drinking shenanigans :D

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    And RC-OOTP is now full with 40+ remaining in all the other houses. I guess it's popular?

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Agent RazAgent Raz Registered User regular
    So, the form requires a forum name, but I have a friend who is not a forum member registering for himself. Will it be a problem if he just puts "n/a," or should he sign up for the forum stat?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2013
    Agent Raz wrote: »
    So, the form requires a forum name, but I have a friend who is not a forum member registering for himself. Will it be a problem if he just puts "n/a," or should he sign up for the forum stat?
    Ideally, he should sign up for the forum. It's not 100% necessary, but this is an event for the members of this forum primarily.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Your best bet if he lacks a forum name is to put him in with his real name. Some way that when he checks in, he can be located since the heads of house will be checking in with the Eventbrite App.

Also, CA-CAW!

• Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    skarsol wrote: »
    And RC-OOTP is now full with 40+ remaining in all the other houses. I guess it's popular?

http://i.imgur.com/TbKrmE1.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2013

Official word: Put "Agent Raz's +1" (If they don't sign up)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    Ca caaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I just put N/A for my +1.

This is my first TWDT. Time to dig up the ol' silver and blue.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    I just put my own forum name on my ticket and my +1. Should be acceptable, right?

2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh, gee, 21 updates since I logged in 30 minutes ago. I wonder what it could be...

Ravenclaw Death Eater!!!!

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Hafflepaff, order of the phanix!

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Bau5 wrote: »
    I just put my own forum name on my ticket and my +1. Should be acceptable, right?
    Yup!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    zulyDRI.png

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also as someone who signed people in with eventbrite in march, all that mattered to me was real name/scannable ticket. Forum name appeared only as a little text after checking details on a name.

RidleyDragon on
    PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised Hufflepuff is outselling Slytherin by so much.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    zulyDRI.png

I could have sworn that Slytherin was a more popular choice than Hufflepuff last year.

• Options
    namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    zulyDRI.png

It's beautiful......

Also Ravenclaw OotP again!!! CACAW!

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thank you, fellow Slytherins Death Eaters. Lord Voldemort counts on you to do his biding. His right hand-man ( @TOGSolid ) and the rest of the crew (including your ever-awesome House Elf) will not disappoint you.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Hufflepuff is outselling Slytherin by so much.

My group just got 4 spots at once there, so it probably doesn't mean much.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    kemikal wrote: »
    I've never done this before, I don't know which one to pick! D;

Actually, it's quite easy.

Gryfindor is for the Conformists: people who like to think that they are the Hero(ine), but are really just too foolish to realize they are incredibly lucky and actually riding on the coat-tails of their more skilled companions.

Slytherin is for the Non-Conformists: people who think it's cool to wear black eyeliner and Doc Martens; they try so hard to be "different" from the Conformists that they end up creating their own version of Conformity.

Ravenclaw is for the people who live online, have a well integrated notification scheme, are incredibly quick at signing up, and are mostly Canadian. If you're reading this, you're already too late to be a Ravenclaw. They sold out 15 minutes ago.

Hufflepuff is for the fun people who love to party all the time, party all the time, party all the tiiiiiiimmmmeee. We have the most fun of any of the houses. Also, if you are an actual Harry Potter fan, it's worth pointing out that Goblet of Fire selects a Hufflepuff student to represent Hogwarts at the Tri-wizard tournament, choosing that house over the other three as the best representative for the competition. (This particular student later dies in the competition, but is quickly revived as a Sparkly Vampire in a different movie series. So there's that.)

Like I said, it's an easy choice.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    DelacroixDelacroix Registered User regular
    If you end up going with Gryffindor Death Eater be sure to come join our group on Facebook.

If that doesn't work feel free to private message me and I'll attempt to get the details to you.

We solemnly swear we are up to no good!

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Naw, Hufflepuff's numbers are...madly inflated...

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Ravenclaw is for the people who live online, have a well integrated notification scheme, are incredibly quick at signing up, and are mostly Canadian. If you're reading this, you're already too late to be a Ravenclaw. They sold out 15 minutes ago.

You forgot "winners". Ravenclaw is for winners.

And Death Eaters is only half full right now. So there.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Oh my god I am so excited...just registered for Hufflepuff Ootp!

• Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Stupid wrote: »
    Hufflepuff is for the fun people who love to party all the time, party all the time, party all the tiiiiiiimmmmeee. We have the most fun of any of the houses. Also, if you are an actual Harry Potter fan, it's worth pointing out that Goblet of Fire selects a Hufflepuff student to represent Hogwarts at the Tri-wizard tournament, choosing that house over the other three as the best representative for the competition. (This particular student later dies in the competition, but is quickly revived as a Sparkly Vampire in a different movie series. So there's that.)

Like I said, it's an easy choice.

Spot on! ;)

I Enforce first thing Friday morning and I have stayed to the end of every single TWDT I've helped run. Drink!

Crispy and I have been running Hufflepuff since 2010/2011. My friends drink on Ravenclaw but I come back to Hufflepuff every year because for most people it's their first PAX experience and I want it to be a FUN ONE. And that fun experience for me is when I'm getting people to donate money to charity and doing shots with strangers.

A lot of my best friends are on Ravenclaw, but I wouldn't have met any of my new best friends if I didn't run Hufflepuff, so it means a lot to me to make the experience an awesome one for newbies. Crispy is one of my FAVORITE people when it comes to running bar crawls and he knows his stuff!

Choose whatever team you wanna (um, unless you are gunning for Ravenclaw) and I guarantee you will have a smashing (smashed?) time. :D

- juju, Hufflepuff DE Head of House

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9fcb871478ed0a9debe8f47b7d81cb9f/tumblr_mqtaqx0xbV1rjtigto1_500.gif

zerzhul on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    Ravenclaw DE! Ca-Caaaaaaaw~!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that Hufflepuff is the second most popular house so far. Man, I was a Huff before it was cool. /hufflepuffhipster #erryDayI'mHufflin'

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    Do i need a ticket if I'm head boy this year?

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Options
    TonemanToneman Registered User regular
    Yikes. I signed up and a friend also signed me up. I'll cancel one of them.

#hufflepuff

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Optimusbry wrote: »
    Do i need a ticket if I'm head boy this year?

Nope.

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    At jury duty - can't talk

...cawcaw

• Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    It appears i am never destined to be a Ravenclaw. So now I'm a Hufflepuff (as is my +1)

• Options
    Nothin wrong with hufflin', I respect all my Wizards and Witches from other houses.

• Options
    scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that Hufflepuff is the second most popular house so far. Man, I was a Huff before it was cool. /hufflepuffhipster #erryDayI'mHufflin'

^ Hipsterpuff

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Options
    evalorellevalorell Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    oh ya, first year representing Slytherin DE! but i'm confused, aren't all Slytherin Death Eaters? so will we receive emails/info on where this starts and the rules of the game? i'm a noob

• Options
    evalorell wrote: »
    oh ya, first year representing Slytherin DE! but i'm confused, aren't all Slytherin Death Eaters? so will we receive emails/info on where this starts and the rules of the game? i'm a noob

The first post on this thread will be updated with more details as time passes.

why are you smelling it?
This discussion has been closed.