Options

[STEAM] The Summer Dale is upon us!

18889919394100

Posts

  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Bought me some Defiance. I swear there was something else that was being talked about that was maybe necessary, but I can't remember what it was.

    I believe you're thinking of people recommending you get a leg up and enter in a ton of Arkfall codes

    Codes can be found here: http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes
    Once your Trion account is created, you should be able to enter 120 codes here: http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/

    Thanks. Did that before launch, actually. Almost bought the game at launch but didn't quite.

    In other news, suck it @Iolo.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    3-0 @Luchaire.

    I can keep this up.

    I can win this war

    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    I really do less than three this thread. It reminds me each year to load up the gifting catapult and unleash the dogs of ung-dly warfare upon the unsuspecting masses.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Blast, every time I look at the Civ games, I forget 2K's awful oceanic pricing.

    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    That perspicacious gentleman, @Mike Danger, sent me a quite thoughtful gift via the Steam tubes. I do believe it's The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom!

    Good taste in games and a Twin Peaks fan? Good show, sir, jolly good show.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    3-0 @Luchaire.

    I can keep this up.

    I can win this war

    Wait, what?

    3?

    What have you done? I'm at work! It's like being in a no-touch zone! I'm safe! You can't get me here. There's rules and stuff!

    /checks email

    Aw dammit.

    Thanks for the Thief collection, @Antoshka!

    But you can't win. I'm sorry if someone convinced you otherwise. Revenge, cold dish, etc, you know the drill. ;)

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀
    
  • Options
    UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    I am surprised and happy that BNW actually got the discount it did.

    These summer cards are pretty evil, especially the progress bar to your next drop. I can't be the only one who has thought, "Hmm, only $2 to the next one ... well let me gift an indie game to one of these classy PA folk, simultaneously accomplishing my own nefarious purpose of serving the Newell!"

  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm at work and I'm going to have my son put some money in my Steam wallet (dangerous I know!) because I'm trying to avoid the small purchases that get my cards turned off for fraud. Does anyone know off hand what amounts you are allowed to put into the account? I know the min is $5 but what is available beyond that?

  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    so in the steam boards, someone was pissed about the markdown on Civ:BNW. the first response was this gem
    Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

    Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'm at work and I'm going to have my son put some money in my Steam wallet (dangerous I know!) because I'm trying to avoid the small purchases that get my cards turned off for fraud. Does anyone know off hand what amounts you are allowed to put into the account? I know the min is $5 but what is available beyond that?

    5, 10, 25, 50, 100 if memory serves.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    -silent--silent- Registered User regular
    Lots of classiness going around. Hoping I can contribute sometime this week!

  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Keeping up with the Steam thread, a handy visual:

    S454Ixa.gif

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    signature.png

    Limited to general Penny Arcade group. Ends at 7:30 Pacific time so folks who enter can have the chance to still take advantage of the flash deal.

    Just a quick reminder before this one closes out :)

  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    so in the steam boards, someone was pissed about the markdown on Civ:BNW. the first response was this gem
    Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

    Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.


    It's.....it's beautiful

  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Good job, Edgler Vess. Anyone without Bastion should have this problem eliminated immediately.

    I have been so long away from Steam that I'm only now just finding out about these trading cards. Maybe time to delve into some of my games again...

    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    And @Zagdrob just sent me a copy of Gnomoria. Thanks, man! I've been curious about this ever since I saw it on Greenlight - I was never able to get into Dwarf Fortress because of the graphics, and this looks like it'll send me down that rabbit hole quite nicely :D

  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @Arithon32 is a classy bastard because he gave me stealth bastard! Thanks!

    Steam: offday
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    A tip of the Class Hat to @SmokeStacks who very generously dropped a code on me for Avadon! My backlog may be small but with help from kind souls such as this, I, too, will have a mountain to climb! Or play. Or something. Much appreciated!

  • Options
    ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Mercutio87 is a Classy man for giving me Thomas was alone!

    As well as I'd like to thank both @Mercutio87 and @Handgimp for supporting my extra-life page. (signature for details!) These two men are beyond generous!

    Zebukiel on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    A huge Thank you to @Edgler Vess for giving me my very first Steam gift, which was none other than Bastion.
    I look forward to turning back time. I wish I could do the same to keep up with this thread

    Man, I get so jealous when people get to experience Bastion again for the first time. It was so unexpectedly good for me. I hope you love it!

    Saw someone in the thread without Bastion (and someone who had a giveaway just 2 days ago, a give away I happened to win) and thought.....what? how? fixed. Then I go to sleep and things happen.

    Civ V gets cards, and BNW goes on sale which angers me a bit because I bought it pre-release. Surprised it has a discount at all. Oh well, I already have about 12 hours in BNW, guess the cost of those 12 hours is about 10 dollars. Guess ill spend the entire day looking at steam and playing Civ V, because that has never happened before.....

    How is BNW? It seems overall everyone has positive things to say about it but I'm trying to get as much data as I can.

    If you play as little as 1 civ game a month, you should get it. It's good stuff. I am still trying to figure out some of the new mechanics, trade routes really turn the economy on its ear. civs arent as hostile, but barbarians are turned up to 11 to more than make up for it.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    so in the steam boards, someone was pissed about the markdown on Civ:BNW. the first response was this gem
    Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

    Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
    That is one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. My eye is twitching, and I'm not even sure why it drives me so insane.

    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Looks like I got a FOIL summer getaway card! Do you need to have 10 foil cards for a foil badge?

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    argh.. i cant sign in...
    Gaben i know it amuses you to press the 'slow everything down and giggle evily' button on the servers but comonnnn. your money bin needs a few more inches.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    And along comes @Antoshka to class up my home with Home. Gracias!

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I just had my steam client explode with some interesting errors, so it appears there may be a minor fire in the Steam server room.

    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I should have known better than to accept a friend invite during the sale!

    Thank you, @Antoshka, for Elven Legacy.

    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    so in the steam boards, someone was pissed about the markdown on Civ:BNW. the first response was this gem
    Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

    Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

    Wow that is hard to read. I'm impressed!

  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Shade for the Gunserker Dapper Gent Pack, thanks to @Dire Jay for Antichamber, and thanks to @HeirTransparent for Half Minute Hero.

  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Oh god, I have less than three hours to decide if I want to buy Brave New World or not. I hate to spend $20 on day one of the sale (or on any one Steam game at all, really), but all the praise is making me want to take another crack at Civ V (I got it for free and have only played like a game and a half).

    I guess it's certain to be a daily eventually if I put it off, but it's Friday, so the weekend would be able to bear the brunt of the terrible decision to buy it now.

    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    signature.png

    Limited to general Penny Arcade group. Ends at 7:30 Pacific time so folks who enter can have the chance to still take advantage of the flash deal.

    Just a quick reminder before this one closes out :)

    Congrats @Reynolds !

    Who appears to be asleep right now, so I'll send it once you've accepted my friend request :P

  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Oh god, I have less than three hours to decide if I want to buy Brave New World or not. I hate to spend $20 on day one of the sale (or on any one Steam game at all, really), but all the praise is making me want to take another crack at Civ V (I got it for free and have only played like a game and a half).

    I guess it's certain to be a daily eventually if I put it off, but it's Friday, so the weekend would be able to bear the brunt of the terrible decision to buy it now.

    I'm struggling looking at Gunslinger as well. It sounds fantastic, and I feel like a toolbox for saying it, but $10 for one game is a "near the end of the sale" price, not a "first day of the sale" price to pick something up.

    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

    And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Podunk wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

    And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

    My daughter is nearly two, and her favorite thing now is to sit in my lap at the computer and wear my headphones while I play something.

    vru37z14gk5j.png


  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Arithon32 wrote: »
    Podunk wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

    And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

    My daughter is nearly two, and her favorite thing now is to sit in my lap at the computer and wear my headphones while I play something.

    That is an adoreable mental image.

    Yay Steam let me buy something! All is forgiven steam!

    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    Podunk wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

    And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

    don't forget the unattached controller for them to use while you play. :)

    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Psiberian wrote: »
    Podunk wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

    RMsJ09D.png

    Thank you, King among robots.

    I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

    And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

    don't forget the unattached controller for them to use while you play. :)

    This. So much this.

    vru37z14gk5j.png


  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    I can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on Scribblenauts Unlimited for $5. It's something I've always been curious about. Probably worth it?

    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    List of games I've gotten every drop from without getting a foil:
    1..2..3.. Kick It!
    A.R.E.S.
    Alan Wake
    Anodyne
    Blocks that Matter
    Borderlands 2
    Brütal Legend
    Crusader Kings II
    Defender's Quest
    Endless Space
    FTL
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Half-Life 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Magicka
    Portal 2
    Psychonauts
    Serious Sam 3
    Super Meat Boy
    TF2
    Binding of Isaac
    Trine 2
    Triple Town
    McPixel
    Dungeons of Dredmor
    Binfinite
    Hotline Miami
    Scribblenauts U
    Bastion
    Civ V

    And 2 from Don't Starve and 1 from CS:Go so far.

    So 124 so far, with 7 left able to get.

    :(

This discussion has been closed.