As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb Thread: Remembering Ryan Davis.

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Listening to old GotY podcasts at work has got me thinking about the other categories they usually do and even there I can see some nasty decisions having to be made.

Best new character? Best moment? Most disappointing? It's gonna get ugly son.

Most of my picks are no brainers, but the one thing I'd like to see is Tomb Raider make the top 10. But I'll have to go back and listen to old bombcasts as I can't recall who played it and how into it they where.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    My personal top ten includes Strike Suit Zero, but that will be on absolutely no one else's top ten. :P

Edit: Hrm... DMC, Tomb Raider, Guacamelee, Gone Home, The Last of Us, Rogue Legacy, Papers, Please, Brothers, Mario & Luigi, Divekick, SR4, Rayman Legends, and then maybe AC4, Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds... tough year for top ten lists.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    GTAV is going to be up there, but the way they that Brad and Vinny at least hit a point where they just weren't interested in doing any of the shit in that world and just wanted to get through the story, it isn't going to win.

Jeff rushed through the story at the end too, but he made it clear that it was because he was just way more interested in the story than any of the other shit going on.

Also, I have to wonder how many lists Brothers will actually show up on. How many of the crew will find ten games better than Brothers this year.

Brothers will be 11. On every list.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    Maddoc
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    My personal top ten includes Strike Suit Zero, but that will be on absolutely no one else's top ten. :P

Edit: Hrm... DMC, Tomb Raider, Guacamelee, Papo & Yo, The Last of Us, Rogue Legacy, Papers, Please, Brothers, Mario & Luigi, Divekick, SR4, Rayman Legends, and then maybe AC4, Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds... tough year for top ten lists.

Papo and Yo was from last year

Maybe even the year before

Definitely not this year

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I wonder how The Wolf Among Us will fit in. There's no way Episode 5 is coming out this year, so does it count as a 2013 game or 2014?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Edit: Hrm... DMC, Tomb Raider, Guacamelee, Papo & Yo, The Last of Us, Rogue Legacy, Papers, Please, Brothers, Mario & Luigi, Divekick, SR4, Rayman Legends, and then maybe AC4, Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds... tough year for top ten lists.

Papo and Yo was from last year

Maybe even the year before

Definitely not this year

Probably the PC port I'm thinking of, then? Changed it because I forgot about Gone Home.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Listening to old GotY podcasts at work has got me thinking about the other categories they usually do and even there I can see some nasty decisions having to be made.

Most of my picks are no brainers, but the one thing I'd like to see is Tomb Raider make the top 10. But I'll have to go back and listen to old bombcasts as I can't recall who played it and how into it they where.

As long as there are potentially good discussions coming out of it.

The end of the first SR4 mission is probably a front runner for best moment.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I wonder how The Wolf Among Us will fit in. There's no way Episode 5 is coming out this year, so does it count as a 2013 game or 2014?
    It's a front runner for 2014's 2013's Game of the Year. :)

Probably depends how many episodes come out this year and how good they end up being. I could see a category specifically for it like they did for Walking Dead. Best Wolf Among Us Episode of 2014 or some such nonsense.

edited October 2013
    What's 2013's 2012 GOTY?

edit: All the Sleepy Dogs DLC came out near the start of the year. What game had good lasting appeal/got the most DLC support? XCOM?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Whatever this year's version of "please stop" just won't be the same without Ryan.

Just found out Drew and Alexis are doing another 24hr charity stream Nov 4-5th, 9am to 9am. And Jeff and Vinny will be joining them.

They did Halo 1-3 last time, maybe they do ODST, Reach, and 4 this time?

cooljammer00Zilla360
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    They should marathon Marathon

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    edited October 2013
    It's the 20th Anniversary of Doom and the 15th Anniversary of Half-Life; they should marathon the Doom/Doom II and then Half-Life Daikatana.

Undead Scottsman on
    Crippl3
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Hey everyone, it's Tuesday...
    With Jeff out of town we get a chance to savor topics including Beyond: Two Souls, the PS4, The Stanley Parable, and our legitimate concerns about the Holodeck. It's the most grande Bombcast ever!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

ArchsorcererZilla360
    edited October 2013
    Still listening to the podcast. Vinny mentioned they got units from Sony, right?

I'm guessing Jeff is on an event reviewing stuff closed doors.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

Just finished listening.

It's actually "Bomba Gigante" in case anyone cares.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

OneAngryPossum
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

They're doing a live QL of Batman: Arkham Origin at the moment, and I'm surprised by how good it's looking.

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Whiskey Media alumni, don't forget that Octobercast is today!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    Zilla360Shadowfire
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited October 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPKh0nFo3yY

I don't think I listened to the last one.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

XBL - ArchSilversmith

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Maddoc
    I'm catching up on the latest Load Our Last Souls.

This fucking game. It makes me regret spending the bandwidth downloading my Steam copy.

steam_sig.png

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm catching up on the latest Load Our Last Souls.

This fucking game. It makes me regret spending the bandwidth downloading my Steam copy.

Why would you regret downloading a good game?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    I mean no offense by this, but are you just flat posting anything they post on the site now? I don't really understand the point, without any comment or discussion. I mean, I assume anyone interested in the content is already checking the website where all of this is originally posted.

Plus I would question if the revenue they receive from youtube advertising matches the revenue they'd get from website visits.

No problem, I agree. Usually if people don't catch up directly they just visit the SE++ thread.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited October 2013
    No problem, I agree. Usually if people don't catch up directly they just visit the SE++ thread.

I see. That makes sense. The SE++ thread is also very fast moving, so it's easier to catch here. I guess this thread is in a murky position of not being the go-to discussion thread for general Giant Bomb material (se++) but also having moved past grieving from Ryan Davis' passing.

Endaro on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Where do we watch the main Extra Life stream? I've found all the Giant Bomb team members, but not Giant Bomb itself.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So I guess ExtraLife stuff is going to replace the BLLSL. I guess I'm okay with that.

Edit: Brad's Live, giantbomb.com/chat/

Kanden on
    I was a bit confused by that at first as well. Brad's stream is on the main page of Giant Bomb, and also listed way down the custom player page. For some reason, I thought the other guys were doing their stream today as well and went looking for it, but they don't start till tomorrow when Brad finished.

And they just added the Extra Life stream to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8qJr7yySY

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I need to go through that stream later and catch the Hotline Miami stuff I missed.

What were the highlights of the stream?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Basically any time they played Windjammers.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    DiarmuidCrippl3SteevLPeewiGONG-00
This discussion has been closed.