As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | Summer is here. Your wallet sweats.

• FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    Well, I picked up Darksiders I and II. Finally bought a wired oxbox controller to play controllery games and I heard they were like apocolyptic Zelda or something, and though I haven't played a Zelda game since LttP, I liked that. And I like totally sweet apocalyptic themes.

MOBA DOTA.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    haha, I shouldn't have quoted without breaking the notifications but I was so excited. @Dyvim Tvar got me with Magical Drop as well.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Well, I've earned two summer sale cards...both Tomb Raider. Who wants one? Will trade for anything else. Just poke me on Steam.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    I know a lot of people have played FTL, but what exactly is it. I'm intrigued and while 2.50 isn't much for a game..there's alot of stuff that'll be that price.

Space rogue-like (where you progress as far as you can and death is permanent). You start out controlling one ship with a crew, run into various obstacles such as drone ships, unexplored planets, evil alien spiders, etc. while being pursued by a bunch of baddies. Object of the game is to upgrade your ship, increase your crew size, and pretty much outfit your ship and crew to be able to deal with the baddies who are chasing you. You can unlock more ships that open up lots of different playstyles.

Out of all the games at that price, it will be the one to buy.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I know a lot of people have played FTL, but what exactly is it. I'm intrigued and while 2.50 isn't much for a game..there's alot of stuff that'll be that price.

@Grove
    Look at it this way it isn't $2.50 on a game...it's $2.50 to keep me from sending you Bad Rats

You don't want to make me click this button do you?
    iJEeUWV.jpg?1

Don't make me click him, when I click him Bad Rats things happen to good people.

iRevert on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    How do you create those nifty giveaway banners? I looked at the OP and it shows a screenshot of "create forum signature" but what comes from before that? Do you have an option natively in Steam to generate those banners?

Please excuse the no doubt obvious questions, I've only ever gifted directly to people before, this whole giveaway contest thing is new to me.
    It's for SteamGifts giveaways.

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    and Wooden Spoon (who blamed @Iolo for the gift) for Fez.

No no no, none of this @Wooden Spoon. You know the scoop behind the FE:LH gifting. Nothing of the sort happened with Fez. You can't just make that shit up.

It was all him, DoctorArch.

:P
    I know. It just felt right to blame someone else.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I think the same copy of bad rats has been sent around my steam friends for the last year or so.

Either that, or my circle of Steam friends has bought Bad Rats in excess of 50 times.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Woke up this morning, saw the new deals, saw Surgeon Simulator 2013 was on sale, thought to myself, "Self, you got some errands to run but as soon as you get home, grab that game!"

Learned a lesson today. Don't do errands, because if you do, @Excision rides in on a steed of classiness and gifts you Surgeon Simulator 2013 before said errands are done! Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Oh god. My mind. People can read it. I hope they aren't scared.

I was actually just about to click the link to enter the giveaway for Secret of the Magic Crystals. Because... well, because. I have no defense. It looks cute.

At that moment, however... @Dyvim Tvar struck again.
    crystal.jpg

---
    And goddammit! As I'm trying to post this, I get hit with Botanicula from @akajaybay ... Thanks! :) But y'all are killing me! Killing me, I say! Really, I'm not worthy! I keep trying to convince you...

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    How do you create those nifty giveaway banners? I looked at the OP and it shows a screenshot of "create forum signature" but what comes from before that? Do you have an option natively in Steam to generate those banners?

Please excuse the no doubt obvious questions, I've only ever gifted directly to people before, this whole giveaway contest thing is new to me.

When you create the giveaway, you'll see the comments section...

hang on, I'll get you a screenshot.

Any opinions on the X-Com dlc - I've put far, far too much time into that game already, but never picked up the dlc

n57PM0C.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I go see Pacific Rim and not only are we done with the old thread but we are 12 pages into a new thread.

Monsters.

Much like the ones in Pacific Rim.

Which, it should be noted, kicked ass.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Well someone answered that...thank you Dr. Mark Sloan! Very Classy sir. Can't wait to try it! Bought Dark Souls and Hotline so far.

The one I'm eyeing is Tomb Raider whenver that is flash sale. People think it's pretty good right? I was out of the country when it came out and really didn't have interent. Just wanted to make sure my impression was correct.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Grove

You are a brave captain of a Federation spacevessel, and you've just come into possession of critical intelligence about the dirty Rebel flagship, which you need to get to the remaining bits of your fleet.

Also, the Federation just got its ass completely kicked, so you're pretty much on your own.

Take a crew of 2-6 plucky lads and lasses from a variety of Sci-Fi species, assign them to combat stations in your ship (Weapons, Engineering, Shields, Pilot), and try to make it to the other end of the galaxy before the Rebels catch up to you and kill you.

Along the way, you'll battle, negotiate with, or save automated attack drones, sneaky space pirates, disaffected researchers, slavers, infected planets. You'll encounter nebulae that will screw with your sensors, solar flares that light your ship on fire, electrical storms that will short out half your energy.

And you'll spend the precious, precious materiel you wrest from the ventilated hulks of those stand in your way to upgrade your own vessel, turning your scout ship into a serious engine of war.

Or not - you might die two jumps in when slavers with overloaded shields shrug off your ineffective fire, board your vessel, and kill everyone.

Hey - it's a space Roguelike; what did you expect?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    And so Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Surgeon Simulator 2013 have become my first official Steam summer sale purchases of the year! I guess you could county Scribblenauts, but I got that through Amazon.

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Thanks to:

@Krummith for The Maw, which I've always been interested in
    @BrocksMullet for Awesomenauts, which, with a name like that, how can I go wrong?

You guys continue to be the best of dudes, and you continue to go on a list.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    If Gabe surprises us all and releases Half Life 3 at the end of the sale then it will become the worst selling game of all time.

Because nobody will have any money left.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @DarkPrimus

After you create your giveaway, look at the page and you will see this:

UVME8nr.jpg

Click where it says Signature

You will see this:

Z84ws2k.jpg

Paste the bolded code from the little text box directly into the forum reply thing, and your banner will appear.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    You people just don't stop. @Khez attempted to bomb me with The Walking Dead! Little did he know, however, that I already own and have played through the iOS version on my iPad. So, please accept my humble thanks and decline, and make sure it is forwarded on to another forumer in need of the feels. Thanks Khez, you are awesome!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Emberquick wrote: »
    Man, that Defiance deal is gonna be closing in a few hours. I need to make a straight-up decision about that.

I actually kinda like the TV show, and from what I'm hearing the game is good? And something about ark codes to enter to buff you up?

Ark codes? Sounds like they had Top Men working on this game.

Top. Men.

I bought it, and was watching some videos last night while it downloaded. It seems pretty similar to borderlands in the sense that you drive around a postapocalyptic wasteland looking for things to shoot with your eclectic array of guns until loot falls out. Only it's 1) an MMO and 2) not as polished or as pretty as borderlands. There's some story stuff but aside from the setting it seems to be mostly unrelated to the TV show.

I dunno, for 12 bucks a game has to be pretty goddamn bad to not be worth my money, and it seemed entertaining enough to give a whirl. A fair number of PA people bought it too, so there should be people to play with for at least a little while

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited July 2013
    @Hieric is amused by my continued threats of gifting bad rats to people unless they serve the newell, he has rewarded me with Dungeons Of Dredmore. This calls of a celebration in the form of the purchase of ten more copies of bad rats...for personal use...

iRevert on
    @Antoshka is clearly on a mission. I now have Garry's Mod. I hope Garry won't miss it. I'll try not to break it. But then, I probably will anyway.

Now staaaahp! I'm defenseless right now! I am inundated in class. It smells funny. But I kind of like it. But really, no more!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    If Gabe surprises us all and releases Half Life 3 at the end of the sale then it will become the worst selling game of all time.

This is wrong. Because this thread operates on the phantom economy. If you said no-one would purchase it for themselves, you'd be closer to the truth.

Actually the greatest thing that could happen is replace all copies of Bad Rats with HL3 - abruptly reverse the fortunes of the unfortunate.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

I'm actually being pretty safe this sale! I haven't gotten giftbombed, my one gift snipe hasn't been countered yet, and I have been able to resist buying anything for myself yet!

I don't know how long I will hold on, however.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

Only a few hours left on Euro Truck Sim 2 and Dark Souls! Available to the adventure team!

signature.png

signature.png

And, here's a new one for the day, for everyone!

signature.png[/quote]

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Just do what I do, prey on the defenseless, like a hyena lurking in the darkness...a hyena with a steam wallet.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Drascin wrote: »

I'm actually being pretty safe this sale! I haven't gotten giftbombed, my one gift snipe hasn't been countered yet, and I have been able to resist buying anything for myself yet!

You're not that safe. You're on my list and have been.

Next Thursday is coming. There are a lot of people who are getting their just desserts then...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Goddamn you @Grove
    Goddamn you foiling my cunning plan to send you bad rats

Don't worry though your first jump in FTL will be to a sun where a four man mantis boarding party welcomes you.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Just do what I do, prey on the defenseless, like a hyena lurking in the darkness...a hyena with a steam wallet.

Dyvim confirmed for Magical Drop Monster.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Let us never talk about the horror that is a Mantis boarding party.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So, uh - I tried to run something in Steam, and I get this box that says, "Scanning for Steam games updates..." and it just sorta pauses there for ... half an hour, now?

Anyone else get that? How to be fixing?

EDIT: Apparently, just restarting Steam fixes that ... but it didn't fix it when I tried it earlier, so WTF?

Elvenshae on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @spool32

signature.png

XCOM XCOM XCOM

1 HOUR ONLY!

GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!

If you win, I'll throw in the Elite Soldier Pack DLC because painting your army men pretty colors before sending them to their horrible deaths is mandatory.

• oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    @Oakke wins Don't Starve!

If he dies, it bodes badly for my wedding. So uh, don't starve.

Hey, I just came back from the supermarket, your wedding is totally safe. :^:
    For now.

Thanks a lot!

steam_sig.png
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Broncbuster and/or @DoctorArch! If one of you guys could still help me with Fallen Enchantress: LE send me a PM! This thread moves too quickly.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Any opinions on the X-Com dlc - I've put far, far too much time into that game already, but never picked up the dlc

Elite Soldier Pack is a must have.

Slingshot isn't great but it's cheap enough that you might as well pick it up as cheap as it is.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    You people just don't stop. @Khez attempted to bomb me with The Walking Dead! Little did he know, however, that I already own and have played through the iOS version on my iPad. So, please accept my humble thanks and decline, and make sure it is forwarded on to another forumer in need of the feels. Thanks Khez, you are awesome!

How dareth you own this on another platform!

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    @Doodmann has the instincts and timing of the stealthiest of predators. Judging by the email he sent me a copy of Critter Crunch mere minutes after I had bled my phone battery dry trying to keep up with the thread at work. Thanks Dood!

steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

You're not that safe. You're on my list and have been.

Next Thursday is coming. There are a lot of people who are getting their just desserts then...

...meeep o_o

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

Elite Soldier Pack is a must have.

Slingshot isn't great but it's cheap enough that you might as well pick it up as cheap as it is.

Are you trying to lead this man astray? Hats are clearly the more important DLC.

This discussion has been closed.