As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    While I do love the outside inclusions. I can sympathize with DC fans that are complain about this particular set of fighters. Swap raiden into a later pack for a different DC character and it would probably be better

Hellboy is fine with me since he's a comic book character. Seems to fit. I'd feel better about Sub-Zero and Raiden if they had Killer Frost and Black Lightning skins or something.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    While I do love the outside inclusions. I can sympathize with DC fans that are complain about this particular set of fighters. Swap raiden into a later pack for a different DC character and it would probably be better

Hopefully we'll get a Static skin for him.

Static_%28superhero%29.jpg

Hellboy is fine with me since he's a comic book character. Seems to fit. I'd feel better about Sub-Zero and Raiden if they had Killer Frost and Black Lightning skins or something.

Or a Black Lightning skin.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've always been against out-of-universe characters. I get that it's NRS and they're doing cross branding and cross promotion. I understand the marketing side of it.

But there was literally just a MK10 before this. And there was literally just a MK9 before Injustice 1 came out. So it's not like they're hurting for brand awareness. Two of the best entries in the MK series have come out within the last 4-6 years. (I haven't looked up specific release dates). I feel as though cross promotion doesn't need to happen. They already have a successful brand going.

All they're doing is alienating DC fans. People play Injustice who don't play fighting games because of the IP. Like me. I don't give two shits about MK (or Street Fighter, or Tekken, or Dead or Alive, or King of Fighters, or any other fighting franchise). And really, it just makes me dislike MK when they waste a character slot on the roster for cross promotion that would otherwise go to someone from the DC universe.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i'd be OK with multiple out of universe characters being added if they did 1 of 2 things:

1 - spread them out so it is always 2/3 DC characters
    2 - put all of the out of universe characters into the same fighter pack

i also like the idea of the skins to turn then into DC characters but for example i know OF static but know nothing about him (other than the lightning part). would a skin for raiden even make sense? or would it be too jarring?

that being said i think hellboy is great and a decent fit.

• Options
    At least Hellboy is a comic book character and an anti-hero (super hero?). He makes sense given he shares a primary medium with DC.

But MK characters do not make sense, other than the fact that it's NRS and they can't help themselves. It's like they can't not cross promote. I think Ed Boon is something of an ego and he has some personality quirk that he has to slip his own characters in.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    They made a ton of bank off of Scorpion for Injustice 1, think he was their most popular DLC character. It's also why MKX got a ton of horror movie characters for DLC after Freddy in MK9.

I feel that Sub-Zero at least fits pretty well. A super powered ninja hero is pretty damn comic booky. Raiden I'm less enthused by, but a lady friend of mine loves him so that works out for me.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I honestly get the MK character hate, but it sounds like a vocal minority at this point.

• Options
    I mean, I just really don't do well with the fighting genre. It isn't really MK hate so much as, my time with the game is limited and I want it to be as focused as possible.

I was done with IJ2 within about 2 weeks. It was probably a poor investment on my part. Especially since I got the $90 version and I had already uninstalled the game from my PS4 before the first character pack happened.

The fighting genre just doesn't hold lasting appeal for me. I saw the IJ2 story and then I was done.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    At least Hellboy is a comic book character and an anti-hero (super hero?). He makes sense given he shares a primary medium with DC.

But MK characters do not make sense, other than the fact that it's NRS and they can't help themselves. It's like they can't not cross promote. I think Ed Boon is something of an ego and he has some personality quirk that he has to slip his own characters in.

Hellboy has also crossed over with Batman (and Starman) in comics:

4144354-zzzz116-batmanscarecrow3d.jpg

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    We already got the safe MK pick, couldn't we have gotten a little crazier like Shao Khan or Ferra Torr? Raiden is so dull.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Damn, Shao Khan would be rad. Ferra/Tor would be boring as shit, though.

I like Raiden, so I'm happy he'll be in the game (though I think one MK DLC character was enough), but his costume sucks! He's got that dumb mask on, and ripped open his shirt to blast them nips...

Black Manta is so lame, no one's even talking about him. I am beyond stoked for Hellboy though. My only real experience with him is from the Ron Perlman movies, but the character is just so cool.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    having recently read some suicide squad i am OK with black manta. however that is the extent of my knowledge surrounding him.

ferra/torr would've been fine. i think a ton of the MK kharacters would work. raiden feels strange though. i never pictured him as all that popular. i think netherrealm lui kang (or zombie!) would've made more sense. any of the ninjas. or even a kharacter that hasn't shown up in 9 or 10 like say frost. especially if they will be in 11

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    We already got the safe MK pick, couldn't we have gotten a little crazier like Shao Khan or Ferra Torr? Raiden is so dull.

I do kind of agree with this. My personal choice would have been Erron Black. He's one of the more popular new additions to Mortal Kombat and a dimension hopping immortal cowboy asssassin is also one of those things that sounds straight out of a comic.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The only saving grace from this set is Manta.

I'm happy for fans of Hellboy, but I'd rather get another great DC character *coughBoosterGoldcough*

Another MK character is crappity crap crap for me. :evil:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Not big on Raiden, but Hellboy is a longtime favorite of mine and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Black Manta. He always looks like he visited Bad Guy Costumes Inc, went up to their tailor and said "I want to look like I'm Skeletor's backup plan".

• Options
    Black Manta looks like a Scooby Doo bad guy, and that is a compliment

• Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    2 - put all of the out of universe characters into the same fighter pack

This would be the ideal.
    Could even be more than one pack. Like the MK pack 1, 2, 3... however many they want to make.
    Or even like, Mignolaverse pack, give us a trio of Hellboy characters for those who want them. Same with any other big names they could group together.

That way people who only want DC characters can go ahead and skip those packs.

• Options
    Black Manta is awesome:

latest?cb=20110617190631

I doubt he'll have an interaction line like that, but I'd love it if he does.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Black Manta was pretty awesome in Young Justice. That show made every that was goofy more awesome.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    With the excitement for Hellboy and such I decided to try hopping back into Injustice 2. Man... I am not having a good time. Just went through a ridiculously long multiverse tower with Sub Zero where all the dudes had better equipment than me so I lost a million fucking times despite it theoretically being low difficulty and didn't get the silver and gold boxes for it despite that being stupid as fuck for a tower that long. Of course I can't gear up Sub Zero because there's no way to try and get loot for particular characters aside from play them and hope the RNG is kind, so I just have to hope for the best as I get a pile of shit for Gorilla Grodd and Harley Quinn. Most towers seem to give the AI a level appropriate set of blues and golds of course, despite the fact that they seem to have nerfed loot box rewards into the ground (unless I'm super unlucky). So I can't even really enjoy this character I paid for dicking around vs the AI.

I'm also just really over some NRS's silly decisions. Like why is a command grab down back forward, and why is it stupidly strict on the input? Combine that with some REALLY awkward combo timings and eh. Maybe I'll just go back to playing Killer Instinct and having fun. I really want to like this game, but it feels like at every corner I'm struggling against either NRS or Warner Bros tripping over their goddamn dicks.

• Options
    My last post was pretty negative, though they seem to be constantly tweaking the multiverse stuff. Black Manta is out now and is fairly fun and I've been having a lot more luck unlocking shit for him compared to the first round of DLC characters. Though beating Aquaman in his personal multiverse thing was a pain in the ass, but still.

Oh, also apparently Injustice 2 might be coming to PC finally.

http://www.pcgamer.com/amp/injustice-2-the-alt-dc-fighting-game-may-be-coming-to-the-pc/

Know at least Tube was hoping for that.

• Options
    I would not have called the TMNT thing, but very very cool. I would say now with Spawn, Hellboy and TMNT this is maybe one of the biggest comic crossover games ever.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    With WB able to pull the strings to get TMNT in this, it makes me hopeful (but not optimistic) that maybe Rocksteady's mystery game is the long-rumored TMNT game

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    With WB able to pull the strings to get TMNT in this, it makes me hopeful (but not optimistic) that maybe Rocksteady's mystery game is the long-rumored TMNT game

That would be awesome, Turtles In Time was one of the best SNES games, but they havent really made a good TMNT game since. Even the remake wasnt quite up to snuff. But Rockstar doing a TMNT game? I mean, their record speaks for itself.

• Options
    did they only announce it? i havent seen a reveal trailer or anything anywhere

• Options
    Seems like they are one whole character. The trait button probably swaps between them but we will have to wait and see.

• Options
    that's a pretty cool trailer. i love whenever tmnt shows up in anything

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm digging the 90's movie design on the turtles.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I would not have called the TMNT thing, but very very cool. I would say now with Spawn, Hellboy and TMNT this is maybe one of the biggest comic crossover games ever.

Wait I'm sorry

A name stands out

Spawn? Spawn is in this? Or is coming? Since when?

• Options
    Spawn was never announced for this.

People assumed he was the next guest character, but they were fortunately wrong.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Dang I saw a youtube thumbnail that decieved me then

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Netherrealm is now obligated to give me TMNT Tournament Fighters 2.

• Options
    I'm just hoping this is a hint that Rocksteady is making that long rumored TMNT game since we now know WB has licenced their rights.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping this is a hint that Rocksteady is making that long rumored TMNT game since we now know WB has licenced their rights.

Oh lord

I'll take what I can get at this point, but that's the dream

• Options
    As long as they do better than Platinum did

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    It would still need to be published by Activision, wouldn't it? Sounds like that would be an odd arrangement.
    Sadgasm wrote: »

That would be awesome, Turtles In Time was one of the best SNES games, but they havent really made a good TMNT game since. Even the remake wasnt quite up to snuff. But Rockstar doing a TMNT game? I mean, their record speaks for itself.

I submit that Danger of the Ooze says otherwise.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    As long as they do better than Platinum did

Yeah, Platinum needs to absorb the F-team back into the A-team.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Is the PC beta over already? I unfortunately only got one night with it.

• Options
    It would still need to be published by Activision, wouldn't it? Sounds like that would be an odd arrangement.
    Sadgasm wrote: »

I submit that Danger of the Ooze says otherwise.

Activision don't hold the license anymore.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!