As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKZNHiva7dc

I think it's safe to say that leak is 100% legit now.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hype Hype HYPE

• Options
    Also, alternate skins like Power Girl work like a shader. They wont have their own unique gear. Which I guess is ok. At least they'll have unique dialogue.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Also, alternate skins like Power Girl work like a shader. They wont have their own unique gear. Which I guess is ok. At least they'll have unique dialogue.

I can understand that, it's better than nothing. Also holy shit swamp thing looks awesome

• Options
    The most important thing is that they pronounced Ra's Al Ghul correctly!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I thought that was Groot at first from that thumb nail, then realised my mistake. Now I want a DC vs Marvel game done by these guys with a story mode.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DExgqV3tj0

Here come the girls? That's a little reductive and demeaning.

• Options
    ...Yeah, there's nothing offensive about that trailer.

• Options
    Interestingly, Cheetah appears to be her own character and not a premium skin for Catwoman like the leak suggests.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I watched the trailer, I guess I didn't see anything too offensive there?

A trailer featuring strong, capable women doing their fighting moves. I guess I don't see a problem? Unless you're saying that calling out women fighters is itself offensive?

• Options
    I mean, they haven't dropped a trailer saying "Here comes the boys!" because that's just silly and redundant. We all know their genders, we don't need it highlighted. Plus the way they unceremoniously revealed 3 women characters this way when every other character has gotten a dedicated gameplay trailer. I'm not offended but it's just like....why?

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Interestingly, Cheetah appears to be her own character and not a premium skin for Catwoman like the leak suggests.

I think the leak didn't specify which characters were skins/characters. That photoshop someone made did, but the actual leak just listed out everyone's names.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    The only offensive thing is that the trailer didn't show the Powergirl skin for Supergirl. ;)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I don't remember seeing a dedicated trailer for Aquaman or Blue Beetle, and Robin was debuted in the story trailer before he got a character trailer, so there's a small chance they'll put one out for Poison, Catwoman and Cheetah.

With the game expected to be released before EVO and still about half of the roster to be officially revealed, it's possible they're just going to ramp things up quickly without the one-a-week character trailers.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I think this is the first time that my favorite super hero is in a video game! FIRESTORM!

Whoo! This finally gives me a reason to get a new console. This and the Spider-Man game from Naughty Dog.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The faces and facial animations in that girls trailer look so good. So glad to see they cleaned everything up. And I love poison Ivy's look

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Bah, I didn't realize this didn't have a PC release at the same time.

Shame. Man, I really wanted to get in the ground floor of this one.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Bah, I didn't realize this didn't have a PC release at the same time.

Shame. Man, I really wanted to get in the ground floor of this one.

Yeah, I don't want to be Debbie Downer or anything but NRS has a really bad track record with PC development. Things like: patches behind, very dodgy net code, DLC not only not keeping pace but also straight up not being offered, and ceasing development on PC while actively developing for consoles... MKX was a shitshow if you got in on the ground floor on PC and had aspirations of being competitive. (This was my experience with that game).

From what I understand, it mostly boiled down to NRS themselves, as a company, not actually having staff with the proper skills to develop for PC. They outsourced everything (and to different studios to boot) and it was all left up to the discretion of their publisher. It was a mess.

For me personally, for a Day One PC purchase, Ed Boon would basically have to do a live stream tour of the new PC developers' offices showing them actively working and a contract with the developer promising top tier PC support. That's not going to happen, so I guess I'll catch it on a sale sometime. I just have to advise other people to do the same, or buy it on console if that's an option.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    No seriously go console with this one. I have an i5 and GTX 970 and I still get stuttering during stage transitions.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm actually surprised at how good the faces look in this game given NRS's history.

That said Superman still looks a bit weird to me but I'm not sure why.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Cheetah's face is just horrific.

The rest are fine I guess. NR are just bad at faces, but at least you can see with this new game they are trying. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Y'all are crazy those faces look stunning, and cheetahs looks great too? Maybe it's uncanny valley creating different emotional responses? Or maybe I'm the crazy one

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    It's definitely the uncanny valley effect.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The only face I don't like is Aquamans and that's not because of the quality, I think he just looks kind of lame. Like he looks too young and fresh faced, they should go with something more grizzled and King Tridenty. Hopefully some of the armour sets allow you to put a beard on him. He doesn't even have stubble it's weird.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I don't like Superman's. At all. It's just missing something important. Partly it's the hair, but just the overall face seems a bit too plain, a bit too unspecific.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cdayxB1kjo

From the little they've shown, I was getting the impression that Batman was the one going too far this time. Seems like it's still just "Superman is a dick" though.

I will never, ever get tired of Kevin Conroy as Batman, either!

• Options
    Im honestly ok with that, but I hope that they have superman change his mind. I dont want the game to end with him still not realising how much of a dick hes being. Cyborg looks ok, to be expected.

I was thinking and one thing im excited about in the far future is Mortal Kombat with a gear system, id love that

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yep, that's totalitarian evil dick Superman alright. :(

How the hell is Batman never the villain in these?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I think when one of his foundational pillars is no killing it makes it tough, like the worst you can do is ask questions about his surveillance state tactics and maybe comment on his protection of the status quo. Which, when you've got guys like brainiac as the background baddie, makes him hard to swallow as a bad guy that anyone would be worried about

Prohass on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Two reasons I think.

One, that the dark brooding Batman is the one individual in the entire DCU that will not move one iota from his ideals, even as more optimistic and powerful people like Supes struggle (and sometimes fail) to keep to their beliefs and personal rules against adversity is an interesting theme, and fits with the idea that his real superpower isn't his intelligence or skills, but is his will.

Second, Batman going bad is Batman is killing bad guys, which considering how wound up he his, would make him into... The Punisher. Neat idea for a one off, but not really a villain to threaten the entire world (unlike say, the closest thing to a god deciding that the world should do as he says, or else)

Well, at least not a first. Him foiling other heroes trying to stop him while he works on some kind of ultimate solution might work as a story, but everyone will know Bats has gone completely off the deep end in time to stop him, because half of Gotham's criminals would be dead the night it finally happens.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Also the writers just like Batman

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I hate Batman. I look forward to pummeling him in Injustice 2.

Except Lego Batman, Lego Batman was awesome.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    ed boon dropping hints on twitter

constantine]

given his propensity to troll im not getting excited but we'll see

• Options
  • Options
    Hah, neat!

So he's like the DC version of Dr. Strange?

• Options
    More or less. They're both wizards who can do whatever the plot needs them to do.

He looks cool, but I'm underwhelmed by the super. I like the appearance of the Tower of Fate (I'm assuming that's where they go) but once there he should do something more spectacular then smash them against a wall.

• Options
    Indoorsman wrote: »

Oh FUCK yes! I love what they did with his moveset, looks like a very Ermac/Sinestro kinda setup guy.

Can't wait to see his gear, I bet there will be throwbacks to his older costumes in there

• Options
  • Options
    Ohh I think right before the end there you can see Green Arrow fighting Brainiac!