Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

178101213100

Posts

  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    I need an advice here. I love the Assassin's Creed franchise, I've played all of them except the first one. Should I buy it at the current price, I'm asking this because I heard bad things about the first AC, is it worth getting for 2,49€?

  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Viking sent me Worms. Its a Revolution! A gifting Revolution! Thanks man. <3

    edit: and right after i post this @Luchaire gifts me Magical Diary! She's mad with power. HIIIIIIIDE!

    @Big Classy, you should absolutely make time to play Magical Diary at some point. It could easily get lost in your backlog forever, but it's fun and charming and one playthrough only takes 3-4 hours (probably less after the first one.) Luchaire gave it to me back in March (big surprise, huh?) and I'm really glad I gave it a run.

    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    I need an advice here. I love the Assassin's Creed franchise, I've played all of them except the first one. Should I buy it at the current price, I'm asking this because I heard bad things about the first AC, is it worth getting for 2,49€?

    I'd say only buy it if you really like the AC franchise's lore.

    But then again, $2.50 isn't really going to break the bank right?

  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I thought I could be a great force of class
    signature.png

    But then everything went out of control really really really fast

    signature.png

    I made a joke about Strike Suit Infinity

    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

    Now it looks like the Cart Life will be the end of me

    signature.png

    morning repost

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Viking sent me Worms. Its a Revolution! A gifting Revolution! Thanks man. <3

    edit: and right after i post this @Luchaire gifts me Magical Diary! She's mad with power. HIIIIIIIDE!

    @Big Classy, you should absolutely make time to play Magical Diary at some point. It could easily get lost in your backlog forever, but it's fun and charming and one playthrough only takes 3-4 hours (probably less after the first one.) Luchaire gave it to me back in March (big surprise, huh?) and I'm really glad I gave it a run.

    Just going to quote this very important post... and throw in an @Viking and @Spoit.

    For reasons. :D



    I love that game so much.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Does anyone want to do a SART 4 pack?

    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    Does the La-Mulana on Steam support 360 controllers?

  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Florin wrote: »
    I need an advice here. I love the Assassin's Creed franchise, I've played all of them except the first one. Should I buy it at the current price, I'm asking this because I heard bad things about the first AC, is it worth getting for 2,49€?

    I'd say only buy it if you really like the AC franchise's lore.

    But then again, $2.50 isn't really going to break the bank right?

    I literally just finished it last night. As someone who loved the crap out of AC2 and Brotherhood, and was a little more lukewarm about Revelations and 3, I would say it's not all that great. Even if you really like the franchise lore stuff, that only comes up briefly a few times and an extended bit in the ending.

    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Got a few games so far during the sale, but secretly I'm still hoping for some more (really) amazing discounts to pop up.

    Todesbart on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Todesbart wrote: »
    Got a few games so far during the sale, but secretly I'm still hoping for some morea (really) amazing discounts popping up.

    I don't think Bad Rats is going to get any cheaper. You should probably just go ahead and stock up now.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Todesbart wrote: »
    Got a few games so far during the sale, but secretly I'm still hoping for some morea (really) amazing discounts popping up.

    Like 90% off Saints Row the 4th? or 95% off Rogue Legacy? C'mon GabeN you can do it!

    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    just to be clear, I voted for KRZ, but HOLY SHIT, DRAGONS LAIR IS ON STEAM???

    Dragon's Lair is on everything with a current running through it.

    The funny thing is that Dragon's Lair had to go through the Greenlight process to get on Steam.
    datac0re wrote: »
    Does the La-Mulana on Steam support 360 controllers?

    Yes, it does! One of the control configurations is specifically listed as "XBOX 360 controller".

  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    datac0re wrote: »
    Does the La-Mulana on Steam support 360 controllers?

    Yes, it supports them. Should just plug and play.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Todesbart wrote: »
    Got a few games so far during the sale, but secretly I'm still hoping for some morea (really) amazing discounts popping up.

    I don't think Bad Rats is going to get any cheaper. You should probably just go ahead and stock up now.

    I really should, totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder!

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Luchaire, Taking great pride in her new role as Dictator of Acquisitions has declared that I shall henceforth keep a log of all things magical, elfish, or otherwise enchanted in my Magical Diary, to be reviewed at the end of the fiscal year. I am not looking forward to my performance review.
    Thanks, I think!
    no really, Thanks

    Malakaius on
    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Dawn of the final day.....

    signature.png

    I have a family function to go to today, so I might not be able to gift the winner just as soon as they win, but you will get it sometime today.

    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Any rumors that there are more Magical Diary copies floating around out there waiting to find targets are greatly exaggerated.

    GREATLY exaggerated.


    I love that game so much.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    For anyone who hasn't got Sonic & All-Star racing Transformed, it really is worth picking up.
    It is such a blast (literally) when playing in a full lobby of PA folk. It's like a combination of Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing, rolled into one, then transforming into different vehicles as you progress your laps.

    I think I finally got my controller issue sorted too. Got rid of the Motioninjoy drivers and replaced it with SCP DS3 drivers. Now my vehicles aren't constantly flipping when going off ramps or when flying.

    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Enter, you know you want to.

    signature.png

    You can do some insane stuff in this game. INSANE. GET ON IT.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Any rumors that there are more Magical Diary copies floating around out there waiting to find targets are greatly exaggerated.

    GREATLY exaggerated.


    I love that game so much.

    Looks like Class of Heroes, which was good.

  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yoshua wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Any rumors that there are more Magical Diary copies floating around out there waiting to find targets are greatly exaggerated.

    GREATLY exaggerated.


    I love that game so much.

    Looks like Class of Heroes, which was good.

    @Yoshua ... we're not steam friends? We should be steam friends. You should accept my request.

    For reasons.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    If Kentucky route zero loses to Dragons Lair democracy is truly dead.

    BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Yoshua wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Any rumors that there are more Magical Diary copies floating around out there waiting to find targets are greatly exaggerated.

    GREATLY exaggerated.


    I love that game so much.

    Looks like Class of Heroes, which was good.

    @Yoshua ... we're not steam friends? We should be steam friends. You should accept my request.

    For reasons.

    Don't do it! It's a trap! She will lock you in her basement and make you cut your own legs off with a rusty hacksaw! Oh god! SHE'S COMING! HIDE!

    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    If Kentucky route zero loses to Dragons Lair democracy is truly dead.

    Don't worry, it will.

  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just saw the vote now. Sorry but I want dragons lair . THE ADVENTURES OF @DARINGDIRK AND THE MYSTICAL PRINCESS.

  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    @Ashe is one suhweet classy ninja-esque individual for the contests he/she/ninja has hosted.

  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Holy shit did I really play 5h of FF7 just now?

    Nostalgia..

  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    so in 3 hours ish this resets and then in 24 hours starts the last day? is that correct?

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    so in 3 hours ish this resets and then in 24 hours starts the last day? is that correct?

    We'll probably know for sure at the switchover. I'm thinking today is the last true day of daily sales, and instead of a 48 hour sale, they'll be down to 24 hours.

  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Has anyone played Omerta? I heard it had some "fixable" but severe flaws on release. I'd like to get it, but not if it hasn't been patched to address whatever problems were plaguing it (can't recall if they were design/gameplay flaws or actual bugs...).

  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that Bastion and Super Meat Boy go on a slightly deeper sale again, as I'll then be able to complete operation replace my Xbox. I've managed to get all the games that I already have on Xbox, minus F1 2013, Walking Dead and the two mentioned, so it will make having to sell the damn thing much easier.

    That begs a question, is Walking Dead worth picking up just for 400 Days? I finished the main game, to the great enjoyment of myself and my watching wife, but since I would have to rebuy the main game on my PC in order to play 400 Days, is it really worth it?

  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Everybody who picks up FFVII needs to be sure to do the music fix. It's easy to find and easy to implement.

  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    Has anyone played Omerta? I heard it had some "fixable" but severe flaws on release. I'd like to get it, but not if it hasn't been patched to address whatever problems were plaguing it (can't recall if they were design/gameplay flaws or actual bugs...).

    I played through it and I only had a few bad bugs, which were fixable by restarting the game. It's a pretty good game, combat seems to be the main draw and the combat's good.

  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    oldmanken wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Bastion and Super Meat Boy go on a slightly deeper sale again, as I'll then be able to complete operation replace my Xbox. I've managed to get all the games that I already have on Xbox, minus F1 2013, Walking Dead and the two mentioned, so it will make having to sell the damn thing much easier.

    That begs a question, is Walking Dead worth picking up just for 400 Days? I finished the main game, to the great enjoyment of myself and my watching wife, but since I would have to rebuy the main game on my PC in order to play 400 Days, is it really worth it?

    400 Days is short (like, an hour and a half if you take your time. Maybe 45 minutes if you rush through), so if that bothers you, keep that in mind.

    That said, it's the finest example of short storytelling in video games I can think of. It's a series of 20 minute vignettes on 5 characters, with an epilogue that brings them together (or not) at the end.

    If you're a fan of short story collections (Welcome To The Monkey House and Skeleton Crew are two of my favorite books), you'll find a lot to love.

    minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Bastion and Super Meat Boy go on a slightly deeper sale again, as I'll then be able to complete operation replace my Xbox. I've managed to get all the games that I already have on Xbox, minus F1 2013, Walking Dead and the two mentioned, so it will make having to sell the damn thing much easier.

    That begs a question, is Walking Dead worth picking up just for 400 Days? I finished the main game, to the great enjoyment of myself and my watching wife, but since I would have to rebuy the main game on my PC in order to play 400 Days, is it really worth it?

    Well, be aware that 400 Days is really short. It's 5 different character stories condensed into the equivalent of one episode. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I'd rebuy the whole game just for the DLC.

    On the other hand, it probably ties directly into Season 2...

  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Is Season 2 going to be a stand alone game, or are they planning to just add the new episode into the base game?

  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Is Season 2 going to be a stand alone game, or are they planning to just add the new episode into the base game?

    Hoping for a new exe. That first season is buggy as all hell.

  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Yoshua wrote: »
    If Kentucky route zero loses to Dragons Lair democracy is truly dead.

    Don't worry, it will.
    Still.... 12€ for an unknown indie (that's kinda old by now) is sort of steep :/

    Especially if the gameplay is a tablet-tapping travesty like that Superbrothers bullcrap.

  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Bastion and Super Meat Boy go on a slightly deeper sale again, as I'll then be able to complete operation replace my Xbox. I've managed to get all the games that I already have on Xbox, minus F1 2013, Walking Dead and the two mentioned, so it will make having to sell the damn thing much easier.

    That begs a question, is Walking Dead worth picking up just for 400 Days? I finished the main game, to the great enjoyment of myself and my watching wife, but since I would have to rebuy the main game on my PC in order to play 400 Days, is it really worth it?

    400 Days is short (like, an hour and a half if you take your time. Maybe 45 minutes if you rush through), so if that bothers you, keep that in mind.

    That said, it's the finest example of short storytelling in video games I can think of. It's a series of 20 minute vignettes on 5 characters, with an epilogue that brings them together (or not) at the end.

    If you're a fan of short story collections (Welcome To The Monkey House and Skeleton Crew are two of my favorite books), you'll find a lot to love.

    Damnit, I was planning on staying out of that world for a little while longer, but I've got a weakness for short story collections as well.

  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Steam Sale Day 11: The gift wars have been raging all around me. Games hurled indiscriminately, wishlists torn asunder and burned. Classholes performing coup de graces on the unsuspecting. The field is littered with the fallen. I fought well at first, until my ammo ran out. I took a deep wound after that, sniped while I attempted to hide. Beaten and weaponless I decided to lurk deep in the shadows. To only watch the examples of classiness from afar, To plot, to plan. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a huge giftwarmachine rumble to life. There, at the controls was a tiny form, laughing manically, looking for targets. Seen, I attempt to hide, but it is of no use! I can hear the whistle of the incoming giftbomb. All I can do is look up at it, and say Thank You!

    Thanks to @Luchaire for Magical Diary!

This discussion has been closed.