As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    fast thread. is it worth getting summer sale level 5? it won't ever come back right?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I thought I could be a great force of class
    signature.png

But then everything went out of control really really really fast

signature.png

I made a joke about Strike Suit Infinity

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Now it looks like the Cart Life will be the end of me

signature.png

night time repost

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    fast thread. is it worth getting summer sale level 5? it won't ever come back right?

Badges don't actually do anything right now, it's just an intangible status symbol.

So, how important is it to you? Ask yourself that and answer honestly.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I was playing Serious Sam 3 with a friend

We blew up the sphinx

We blew up the Sphinx

And the fight we had when we came out of it, oh my God, I have no idea how one person would be able to handle this

This may be the greatest game ever made

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Badges don't actually do anything right now, it's just an intangible status symbol.

I want shiney.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

Well I mean Badges net you XP, and Levels do have slight benefits. So there is that.

Also who knows what they might do with Badges. Could be interesting.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    What do XP and levels do, other than fill bars and look nice?

EDIT: An honest question, I don't know anything about these badges, et al.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Levels allow you to customize your profile by adding said badges, or a wallpaper background, and different showcases for you games/screenshots/acheivements/etc.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Also, the higher level the more booster packs you get which gives you more cards which make more badges which give you more levels which...

Hmm... I may be in more trouble than I thought...

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    What do XP and levels do, other than fill bars and look nice?

EDIT: An honest question, I don't know anything about these badges, et al.

For every ten levels you get to have another showcase on your profile. Each level increases your friends list limit by 5. Crafting badges gives profil backgrounds.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Fun night of Co-Op Serious Sam 3 with @DasUberEdward and @MosBen.

Someday we will try to finagle a 16 man Co-Op.

The world cannot sustain that much seriousness.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Hmmm to buy Dragonborn.

• Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Also, the friend list capacity increases by five for each level.

Been replaying Torchlight 2 as a Blast Cannon Engi. Effectively having a rocket launcher has been a blast (pun fully intended).

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    Hmmm to buy Dragonborn.

Yes! Unless you don't find flying freaking dragons to be cool...

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    Hmmm to buy Dragonborn.

Yes! Unless you don't find flying freaking dragons to be cool...

Figured why not.

• Options
    so summer level 5.. I figure it is limited time. and this is my first summer dale after all.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Levels allow you to customize your profile by adding said badges, or a wallpaper background, and different showcases for you games/screenshots/acheivements/etc.

Also you have to have a certain level to do certain community acctivities, like getting cards for voting.

• Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    I need a Bioshock Infinite card. I have Torchlight 2, Chivalry, and Tomb Raider extras. Can anyone help me out?

I've purchased seriously way too much, but I'm still eyeing Prison Architect and Far Cry 3. I've got to resist!

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The card thing makes a lot of sense beyond the whole money factor. Which is a ginormous factor. But look at what else the cards are doing. They've gotten people onto the Marketplace that probably were barely aware of its existence before the card beta. It has people using the trading system left and right, chatting, setting up groups (PA Card Sharks right here from these forums), adding friends and the people who participate the most are getting some pretty solid rewards. Money from the marketplace to put towards games, additional friend slots (you may scoff but hang out around here for a few years and get involved on Steam, and see how fast it fills up), showcases for your favorite games and other cosmetic things to spiff up your profile and add a little life to chat (emotes).

It's pretty fucking brilliant.

Drake on
  • Options
    sparklesparkle Registered User regular
    Ok, I really need some trading partners for cards. I have cards for

UT2004
    Dota*
    TF2
    HL2
    L4D2
    Portal2
    Gary's Mod
    Shogun II
    Sleeping Dogs
    Alan Wake
    Walking Dead*
    Mark of Ninja
    Torchlight 2
    Magika*
    and soon to be Witcher 2.

who thinks they can trade with me? Asterisks are by the sets I have priority on wanting to complete.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    See, no good deed goes unpunished! I answer @Nimble Cat's post above looking for a Bioshock Infinite card, hand off a card with a "cheers" and wander away thinking that was that.

Oh no. No, no, no. Can't ever just be that simple.

The classy fellow lobs a gift at me.
    ironclad.jpg

... which I wishlisted just a bit ago because the other Ironclads that @Pierceneck gifted me were turning out to be quite entirely up my alley (that alley being a place for people with a fascination for 19th-century ships).

So, to recap: I give him a card that's probably worth like 20 cents. In response, he gives me a game.

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

Thank you, sir. :)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    a Belated thank you to
    @Big Classy for not understanding the difference between "Tell me about Trials Evolution" and "Buy me Trials Evolution"
    @cardboard delusions for not letting an old grudge go and gifting me a RPG Maker Tile set (This gift war is never going to end is it?)
    @Kanden for the Basement Collection

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am planing on not worring about any other badges until after dale. I just wanted my summer one as I don't know how limited it is.

I'm still going to vote like crazy though.

Wait: there is a new worms, and it has cards? Me and my fiance played which ever one I had a lot..

Edit:

No, that isn't latest. I have two back I guess. Well does the game really change?

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    The card thing makes a lot of sense beyond the whole money factor. Which is a ginormous factor. But look at what else the cards are doing. They've gotten people onto the Marketplace that probably were barely aware of its existence before the card beta. It has people using the trading system left and right, chatting, setting up groups (PA Card Sharks right here from these forums), adding friends and the people who participate the most are getting some pretty solid rewards. Money from the marketplace to put towards games, additional friend slots (you may scoff but hang out around here for a few years and get involved on Steam, and see how fast it fills up), showcases for your favorite games and other cosmetic things to spiff up your profile and add a little life to chat (emotes).

Also getting people to play games

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I only crafted lvl 1 summer badge and it got me to level 10 already. Not a lot of incentive to get to lvl 5 badge already for me.
    All the other cards turned into free games :D love these cards.

RoyceX7 on
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Viking sent me Worms. Its a Revolution! A gifting Revolution! Thanks man. <3

edit: and right after i post this @Luchaire gifts me Magical Diary! She's mad with power. HIIIIIIIDE!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

edit: and right after i post this @Luchaire gifts me Magical Diary! She's mad with power. HIIIIIIIDE!
    Drunk! Drunk with power she is

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    FTL just pushed me down the stairs again. :/

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    the 0.27 just cause sphere finally ended. lol

RoyceX7 on
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    THE GIFTENING IS NOT OVER YET.
    signature.png

• Options

ARRRRGHHH SEND HELP. @Spoit won't give up. Shattered Haven, which aptly describes my bank, backlog and mental state, was just gifted to me by this classhole.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Sniper Elite Nazi Zombies for 4.50 over at Gamersgate. Steam key. Cheapest price so far I think besides the Amazon glitch when the game was first released.

• Options
    I'm too lazy to redo the post since you can't quote locked thread so short version
    Win CK2!

King "Big Classy" is dead in a suspicious gifting accident, PM me with the 5 Ws (and 1 H) of whodunnit, to win a copy of the best Game of Thrones simulator around! Only had one entry, so your odds are pretty good

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Anyone else who got Towns... I'm doing the 2nd tutorial, and it tells me to "shift click a 5x5 area to create a wall, and fill it in with a carpentry zone." But no matter what I try, no matter which step I hold shift in, the workers fill in the entire 5x5 area with log walls and I can't put anything there.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    signature.png

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Drunk! Drunk with power she is

Just power? Seems to me you need to have consumed something a lot more potent to lob shots of Magical Diary over Itsy's port bow... ;)

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »

Also getting people to play games

This is actually bigger than I would've thought.

I probably wouldn't have installed Mount & Blade for months if it weren't for badges, and my own stupid pride refuses to let me just idle a game so I actually sat down and played it for a couple of hours. Granted, I went back to Mark of the Ninja soon after, but I enjoyed what I played and will probably go back to it sooner than I will a few other games.

• Options
    Et tu @HiT BiT? Though it is a classic. THE Bards Tale. Is this based on your life? All adventure and making women swoon?

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I was playing Serious Sam 3 with a friend

We blew up the sphinx

We blew up the Sphinx

And the fight we had when we came out of it, oh my God, I have no idea how one person would be able to handle this

This may be the greatest game ever made

"I'm off to blow up a giant stone kitty."

Truly, the hero the FPS genre needs.

Edit: Also, playing the final level with this going instead of the background music is the closest I've recently come to having a religious experience.
    Granted, it's the track one of the boss fights from TSE was set to, but it fits amazingly well here.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    echo 78echo 78 Title Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Wow, Monaco is really awesome. The trailers for the game sucked and made the game look like a confusing mess, but its actually a ton of fun. Shame it didn't sell very well (well, the Xbox version didn't, dunno about PC).

Smart move by SE to put FF7 on sale for a few short hours, I think it took 10 minutes to reach the number one selling game on Steam lol

echo 78 on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.