As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i love those pinball moments

that happen immediately after it seems like you've finally understood the angle for every hole.

where it's just awkward flailing and everything that was once lit on the table slowly dims and your score becomes stagnant as you bounce the ball off of a random bit of scenery countless times leading to the inevitable drain

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    When people have babies come out and it turns out they're not packing the genitals you were expecting, is there anything you have to do differently, since you weren't "prepared"? Are people still painting nurseries pink and whatnot?

There are plenty of gender neutral things for babies that young. Also, they all tend to look like Winston Churchill at first, so it doesn't really matter. They grow so fast, you can adjust their wardrobe pretty quickly, if you care about that sort of thing. And if you do, you'll quickly abandon that care for clothes that are simply poop-free, color be damned.

Ceno on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    When people have babies come out and it turns out they're not packing the genitals you were expecting, is there anything you have to do differently, since you weren't "prepared"? Are people still painting nurseries pink and whatnot?

There are plenty of gender neutral things for babies that young. Also, they all tend to look like Winston Churchill at first, so it doesn't really matter. They grow so fast, you can adjust their wardrobe pretty quickly, if you care about that sort of thing.

Most of the stuff you "need" is pretty neutral. Other stuff, like clothes and whatnot you can exchange (assuming you haven't taken tags off). And if you painted stuff in a particular color, you can always repaint. The babies do not care.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone who's getting that Humble sale from Deep Silver: Apparently the Dead Island GOTY/SR3 Full Package code you get for beating the average doesn't work unless you already own SR3, since the code is JUST for the DLC stuff. So it's a bit tougher to find people to gift it out to. Thanks to @SciencePiggy for helping out.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Wow, congrats @Dissociater, and thanks for Mercenary Kings! What an awesome surprise that must have been. Best of luck to you guys!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    It should be noted that Lords of Shadow is kind of the next-next-next-gen version of Super Castlevania IV, not Symphony of the Night. Hopefully that will help people manage their expectations.

I loved it because SCIV is my favorite of the Castlevania games.

However, it plays more like Devil May Cry than any previous Castlevania.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hmm, probably should of waited for someone else to try that gamefly discount.
    Your order is currently being reviewed. Our Support Team will be contacting you directly to verify your purchase.

"...is that bad?"
    Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

"Ugggggggggh... guess I'm not playing Bioshock arena DLC tonight."

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @iolo
    Iolo wrote: »
    Hey @Pinfeldorf, how is SolForge?

It is good. It's not really very balanced as a game yet, but the strategy and timing and art is all solid. I'm looking forward to their institution of draft mechanics.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »

There are plenty of gender neutral things for babies that young. Also, they all tend to look like Winston Churchill at first, so it doesn't really matter. They grow so fast, you can adjust their wardrobe pretty quickly, if you care about that sort of thing.

Most of the stuff you "need" is pretty neutral. Other stuff, like clothes and whatnot you can exchange (assuming you haven't taken tags off). And if you painted stuff in a particular color, you can always repaint. The babies do not care.

Yeah. We actually didn't find out the gender so we had lots of canary yellow and mint green stuff. His nursery was (surprise) sheep themed with gender neutral water color sheep paintings we got from an artist on eBay.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Holeee my brain is melted from part 1 of my big test today.

I've browsed the last 10-ish pages but I can't be sure, if I have Dead Island (not the GOTY version) on Steam, will the GOTY key on Humble Bundle work for me? Also, is the DLC for Dead Island actually worth it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    SPACE HULK!

signature.png

(G&T Adventure Team)

/bump!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Awesomenauts is a ton of fun. I haven't played either, but the floaty healy dude seems to be terrible and the monkey laser flyer of death seems to be unstoppable :p

I can't figure out how to chat to all though. O.o

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular

I just find another parent in the same situation and we swap babies.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Also, is the DLC for Dead Island actually worth it?

Not really, no. It's one weapon mod you'll outgrow within the first five hours of play, an arena/horde mode that's only really useful for grinding xp, which you don't really need to do, and the Ryder White campaign, which dumps pretty much everything that makes the game interesting in the first place for a 2-4 hour trudge down linear corridors.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Finished Serious Sam 3 earlier today, need to redo it co-op this time.

Maybe get all the achievements

• Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    So Hearts of Iron 3 apparently just got cards. Has anyone else had new games show up on their badges page?

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just remembered LEGO Marvel Heroes is coming out pretty soon too.

Effffffffff

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Thanks to the very classy @lazegamer for a 50% off Prime World Defenders coupon.

Of course Steam in its infinite wisdom won't let me use it cause the game is on sale at 33% off. You'd think it would just take the higher discount, but nope, gotta wait.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    There's a give away on steamgifts at the moment too: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/hyWgM/prime-world-defenders

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Your order is currently being reviewed. Our Support Team will be contacting you directly to verify your purchase.

"...is that bad?"
    Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

That's weird. I got the code off CAG's Twitter account, and Gamefly works pretty closely with CAG.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

"...is that bad?"

That's weird. I got the code off CAG's Twitter account, and Gamefly works pretty closely with CAG.

Weird, I think I'm just cursed. :(

• Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Whooooo!

Just had one of those special pinball games and passed both @Incindium and @Kristmas Kthulhu on the scoreboard!

New strategy--I'm not gonna say what table it was so they can't fight back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm really struggling with the Empire Strikes Back table...I've got the high score on my board on the other two Star Wars ones - but my ball seems drawn to go out the sides on the Empire one.

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    The eyeball boss in Rogue Legacy is a gorram goose.

That is all

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    EU4 preorder is going to include a tool to convert CKII saves into EU4 starts.

My Steam backlog just raised its arms in victory. I will never again need to buy a game. Until Victoria 3 and Hearts of Iron 4, of course.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I played two more games of pinball tonight. The first game I used the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers, as was suggested by a forumer, to help avoid the lag. Turns out it makes things way worse. I kept expecting the flippers to be way more responsive since I was just pushing a button and the delay becomes far more noticeable. My final score was about a half million. The second game I went back to the triggers and it felt much better.

Even passed a few friends top scores including that of @Luchaire on my way to just under 5 million. I think I'll be sticking with the triggers and just getting a better feel for it. One of these days will turn into a five hour session - I'm sure of it.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    There's a give away on steamgifts at the moment too: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/hyWgM/prime-world-defenders

I'm the most unlucky person ever. The only thing I could ever "win" is Shirley Jackson's lottery, but it's worth a shot.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    So DLC Quest ... I think I would have been happier with the dollar. At least I can make at least half it back with cards.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Only 18 games to go before I finally hit triple digits. I... don't think I'll hit it this year.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I played two more games of pinball tonight. The first game I used the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers, as was suggested by a forumer, to help avoid the lag. Turns out it makes things way worse. I kept expecting the flippers to be way more responsive since I was just pushing a button and the delay becomes far more noticeable. My final score was about a half million. The second game I went back to the triggers and it felt much better.

Even passed a few friends top scores including that of @Luchaire on my way to just under 5 million. I think I'll be sticking with the triggers and just getting a better feel for it. One of these days will turn into a five hour session - I'm sure of it.

You mean there was someone with a lower score than me? 8-)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

I looked awesome in pink back then and now.

• Options
    slappybag wrote: »
    Finished Serious Sam 3 earlier today, need to redo it co-op this time.

Maybe get all the achievements

@doctorarch

and I started playing this a while ago. I haven't touched it sense but i'd love to do a co-op play of the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    In honor of my impending birthday (30 years? Nah, couldn't be), let's have a giveaway! This is my first attempt with Steamgifts, so we'll see how it goes. It's open to the G&T Adventure Team group. Good luck!

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Just grabbed the deep silver bundle at bta price for the SR3 dlcs...cant resist Sasha Grey.

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    OK so I call this a "I'm gonna need friends!" give away time!

I have 3 copies of Mercenary Kings and I'm just giving them away! It's like I don't even want them or something?

All I ask in return is that you be my friend!

Rules/Background:

My wife is pregnant and the due date is July 21st. In celebration of this fact I want 3 friends to keep me company and play Mercenary Kings with me for times when the baby is asleep and not crying like a small wrinkly monster.

There's a catch.

The due date was on the 21st, but the baby refuses to come out.

What does this mean? Well obviously I can't make anyone into a Mercenary King until after the baby is born. That would be just goosey of me.

So, friend me on steam and PM me a story or a picture or a video. Something in your life that made you really happy, or something you're very proud of. An accomplishment, a moment of joy, something you remember vividly, or something that just makes you happy when you watch it or look at it.

The deadline for this is....whenever the baby comes! That could be like right now for all I know (it's not right now, unless you're reading this at a now that is some point in the future where the baby is born, then it's right now!).

After the baby is born, I will (at my earliest convenience) pick the three stories/pics/vids that resonate with me the best and send you each a copy.

OK my turn.

My wife went into labour on Sunday morning. After an incredibly difficult 36+ hour labour, we had a baby!

The ultrasound told us we were getting a girl. Our plan was to name her Alexandra (no not after the princess who wasn't).

But instead we got this thing:

Nathan_zps1f552050.jpg

His name is Nathan. And it was quite the awesome surprise!

I got to experience something akin to pure pleasure when he slept skin to skin on my chest for over an hour.

I had so many amazing entries for this contest. My winners are @HiT BiT @Broncbuster and @Big Dookie

Thanks everyone who sent me such happy stories! I wish I could send you all something but the hospital made its profit off parking costs!

Many congrats! Letting everyone take part in the joy of your new family member is a happy story in itself :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    d'awwwwwwwwww that face! Also, happy birthday @Heirtransparent!

• Options
    I would have thought that our baby technology could identify sex by now

that kind of blows my mind.

i'm 25.

clearly in no way prepared for being an adult.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    10 minutes before my birthday even starts, and I'm already hit up with some class from @Big Classy! A nice shiny copy of The Walking Dead: 400 Days in my inbox. I really loved The Walking Dead game. I've been looking forward to this one since it was announced, so many thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    10 minutes before my birthday even starts, and I'm already hit up with some class from @Big Classy! A nice shiny copy of The Walking Dead: 400 Days in my inbox. I really loved The Walking Dead game. I've been looking forward to this one since it was announced, so many thanks!

I felt kinda bad for immediately putting a downer on your giveaway :lol:

This discussion has been closed.