Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Mysfyt wrote: »
    Thanks, @Toxic Toys and whoever the heck left me fossils and bells! PA peeps rule. :)
    I had fun. Come over any time you want.
    I do want to take this time to say I pay what I owe. Unlike Santa.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDdDlKOKYk

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Also, before I take a nap, I wanted to throw out there that I'm in the market for some PM's about special items that people have that they'd like to donate towards a special event that I'm in the works on. I'd love at least three items that would be desirable (I'll likely toss in something super valuable, myself) but not entirely rare to a point of frustration in obtaining.

As a teaser, here's the basics: I'm plotting a contest that either involves fishing, bug-catching, deep sea creature catching, and maybe hide-and-seek (the game offers a timer!).
    The trick to it all is in how to make it improbable to cheat.
    Here's the idea: I order a shit-ton of clothing (or some apparel that is uniform across the board) and hand it out to participants. We're all using computers, and unless you've still got that old Compaq that's running Windows 2000, I think we all have an available SD card port of some sort or another.
    When you catch a fish or bug, the stats are right there on the screen for you to take a picture with. Identifiable clothing combinations make it unique to the contest so people can't cheat (and who'd want to photoshop and all that hard work just for some in-game worthless prize?)

Anyways, that's just the start. I've got a lot more going on in spreadsheets and hammering out details in a self-diplomatic way by typing it out and trying to read it as though I wanted to break the rules.
    Any interest, please PM me, and maybe you can be a listed official. :)

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

And no mention of a sword?
    Hmm...Methinks thonky is a bit wonky.

I believe that the "pirate's sword" is actually the "pirate's armor" in-game. It's a wall hanging item that has armor AND swords attached to it.

Thoky's information is translated from the Japanese version. Some discrepancies are to be expected. (Sleek = "pipe" on that site, for instance.)

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Leaving town open if anyone who was ordering me Zelda stuff fancies swinging by. Please bury goods to appease the perfect town nazis.

I thought random things being buried also broke perfect town ratings? I could be wrong though.

I had a couple of items buried in my graveyard that didn't seem to matter for my rating.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Also, before I take a nap, I wanted to throw out there that I'm in the market for some PM's about special items that people have that they'd like to donate towards a special event that I'm in the works on. I'd love at least three items that would be desirable (I'll likely toss in something super valuable, myself) but not entirely rare to a point of frustration in obtaining.

As a teaser, here's the basics: I'm plotting a contest that either involves fishing, bug-catching, deep sea creature catching, and maybe hide-and-seek (the game offers a timer!).
    The trick to it all is in how to make it improbable to cheat.
    Here's the idea: I order a shit-ton of clothing (or some apparel that is uniform across the board) and hand it out to participants. We're all using computers, and unless you've still got that old Compaq that's running Windows 2000, I think we all have an available SD card port of some sort or another.
    When you catch a fish or bug, the stats are right there on the screen for you to take a picture with. Identifiable clothing combinations make it unique to the contest so people can't cheat (and who'd want to photoshop and all that hard work just for some in-game worthless prize?)

Anyways, that's just the start. I've got a lot more going on in spreadsheets and hammering out details in a self-diplomatic way by typing it out and trying to read it as though I wanted to break the rules.
    Any interest, please PM me, and maybe you can be a listed official. :)

Oh shit you were still awake?! :)

The timer item keeps count of the number bug and/or fish you catch. It worked well as just a timer when me and Rami were playing Ax-murder hide and seek. You might be over-thinking this for games people can play.

• Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Xeno you are the man, man. Thanks.

Visiting towns I am seeing A LOT of public works projects I can't wait to build in Saskie, though I am worried about having space. Will likely have to bulldoze my secondary orchard. I never harvest it anyway.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I just got my first villager's photo. He gave it after a daily "please give me furniture for my house" task. I've had the game since release date, and talk to him a few times daily. I generally do tasks when a villager asks, but I don't make it a point to help everyone every day or anything like that. Oddly enough, I've stood this villager up at least twice on the "could you/I come over to my/your house at [some time later]" tasks (who the heck remembers those things :P ).

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Because I'm tone deaf and not creative at all, I'll pay 500,000 Bells to the first person who can make Autobeat Airbus into a kick-ass Animal Crossing: New Leaf town tune. This is a totally subjective bounty, so if I don't think it sounds good enough you will not get paid from me. I'm looking to hear the last part of the chorus as a town tune. Maybe. Wow me. I might pay more than one person if I like what I hear. And I will share the tune after I get it. Edit: Melody paper will be the judge.

And I'm still paying a 1,000 Bell bounty for any song I don't have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxkh_i4sxds

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Just got home from work and see I probably missed all the great Turnip prices.
    Is anyone with 500+ still on?

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    Still open here. 506 :)

3DS: 4167-5901-6785
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I tried to visit a couple towns, but I kept getting some error =\

Ah well, I didnt have any gifts to leave anyway. Speaking of gifts, what're you supposed to do when a balloon carrying a present floats by? Catch it with a net? Cause I dont have a net yet...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Mysfyt wrote: »
    Still open here. 506 :)

Coming to visit!
    Need anything?

PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    @Mysfyt would you mind adding me? 1977-0220-4258

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    Naw, but thanks for offering!

@Skull2185: Normally you'd use a slingshot to pop it when it's over your head. (You can buy a slingshot after the first T&T store upgrade, I believe.) However, if you're very patient, you can also whack them with your net as they float over the cliff by your beach.

• Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Has anyone else found the Best Buy content to be a huge pain to get? I've brought my system to a Best Buy multiple times, seen the little Nintendo Zone icon start pulsing, and launched into AC. Then 9 times out of 10 (at least, if not more) it won't connect to the base station. I've tried multiple attempts at multiple BB locations. I haven't missed anything yet (although I need the item for this 2-week block), but it would be nice if I could get it faster than having to go through four stores and waste an hour of a Saturday to pull it off.

• Options
    Ohhh... Guess i'll stop chasing them then :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    Has anyone else found the Best Buy content to be a huge pain to get? I've brought my system to a Best Buy multiple times, seen the little Nintendo Zone icon start pulsing, and launched into AC. Then 9 times out of 10 (at least, if not more) it won't connect to the base station. I've tried multiple attempts at multiple BB locations. I haven't missed anything yet (although I need the item for this 2-week block), but it would be nice if I could get it faster than having to go through four stores and waste an hour of a Saturday to pull it off.

If you have a smartphone: set up a Wifi hotspot. Name it "Bestbuy" (sans quotes). Tether your 3ds to it, then check for a present at the post office in game. Hope that helps. :P

I too was incredibly frustrated trying to connect to store Wifi the normal way.

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Added you, @TabooPhantasy. Opening gates back up.

• Options
    Thanks @Mysfyt, I left you something somewhere in your town. ;-)
    I hope my Turnip prices jump up this week to share the love. I had 40 something Mon & Tue, then 120 today.

• Options
    Chris FOM wrote: »

I've discovered that I have to actually add the BestBuy station to my 3DS's connection list. This really shouldn't be necessary, but for some reason it does not work for me otherwise.

Like SilverWind says, you can also spoof it by renaming a wifi hotspot. Has to be unsecured, though.

The BestBuy "exclusives" are orderable via the catalog, too, once you've... er... touched somebody else's.

• Options
    i would like to touch some ones "BestBuy"

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Me too. Is anyone still awake? I only have the raccoon clock.

Or, you know, tomorrow some kind soul could let people come touch their best buy things.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    @mysfyt could I get an add? Is your retail still open?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I have all three BestBuy thingumies, I'll make 'em available tomorrow.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Cheers for the stuff peoples.

I see that the Treasure Chest is now a rare island item and thus non-orderable.

As such would anyone be able to lend me one until Sunday? I'm good for returning it I promise!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Hammarby is open for a few hours. Its almost 1PM in town now and turnip prices are a low 140ish. All shops are fair game and fruit as well. Just dont mess with my perfect town rating :)

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Also has anyone seen some kind of forest wallpaper? Made to look like a bunch of trees. I'm building Zelda room on a nice pillared hall wallpaper I forget the name of at the moment, but trees would be better.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I have the autumn wall which is a bunch of leaves and stuff. It's a Sahara special though.

So I've finished my house and got the exterior HHA stuff...I picked Antique though I have no idea what I'm doing. Do I really have to have every single piece of stuff inside the house fit the antique theme? And somehow figure out what outside stuff qualifies? Sounds pretty crazy.

e: Found a list of furniture themes. Do yourselves a favour and don't pick Antique. There appears to be sweet fuck all in that category. Hobby seems by far the easiest.

Rami on
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    I have the autumn wall which is a bunch of leaves and stuff. It's a Sahara special though.

So I've finished my house and got the exterior HHA stuff...I picked Antique though I have no idea what I'm doing. Do I really have to have every single piece of stuff inside the house fit the antique theme? And somehow figure out what outside stuff qualifies? Sounds pretty crazy.

e: Found a list of furniture themes. Do yourselves a favour and don't pick Antique. There appears to be sweet fuck all in that category. Hobby seems by far the easiest.

The key thing is getting at least three exterior parts as part of your selected theme. Then, cram a few rooms with only themed items. It took me three rooms to pass the final mark.

signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I found out two things today. Club LOL will stay open until after 5:00am if you just don't leave and Flags From Around The World!
    Chilling out in Calico
    tumblr_mqh17bhaM51sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mqh18i22bx1sy3bzto1_400.jpg

Hanging out in Hammarby
    tumblr_mqhs2ge2IS1sy3bzto1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mqhs3mp8lu1sy3bzto1_400.jpg

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    At least you guys have houses! :P

I'm still stuck in Nook's moldy old tent. I got the last bit of bells I needed for his fee, but it was like... 8:30 and of course his place was closed. He must live in his shop or something, because I don't see his house anywhere. I was going to eff up his yard with holes.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @Toxic Toys

Ordered for you:
    Alpine Wall
    Classic Clock
    Classic Wardrobe
    Classic Carpet
    Lovely Doll
    Modern Cabinet
    Modern Tile

Thank you so much. Just let me know when I can stop on by.
    I have a few things that I am on the hunt for now. If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated!
    Exotic Bureau

Modern Cabinet
    Modern Lamp
    Modern Table

Lovely Lamp
    Lovely Carpet

Astro Bed
    Astro Chair
    Astro Clock
    Astro Closet
    Astro Shelf

I'm also looking for a couple fossils

Archelon Skull
    Diplodocus Tail
    Raptor Torso

I have all the other parts to those sets (except for the Lovely Phone since it can't be ordered) and I have the full Regal set if anyone needs to touch them!

Guess what Jam got me? I have the Lovely stuff too I just have to get it back from @Hargaad of Omnar because I forgot where I left it.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    At least you guys have houses! :P

I'm still stuck in Nook's moldy old tent. I got the last bit of bells I needed for his fee, but it was like... 8:30 and of course his place was closed. He must live in his shop or something, because I don't see his house anywhere. I was going to eff up his yard with holes.
    If you find out where he lives left me know. I got a bag of flaming poop for him.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Aw mannnn I missed out on 500 turnips? :( I had 131 in my town last night but it dropped to 78 this morning.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    If anyone gets either of the following showing up in their Nook Holmes store

Black Rough Roof
    Regal Fence/Wall (?)
    Grey Brick Enclosure/Wall

Please let me know so I can come and have it sent to my town.

As usual, anything from the classic or rococo set that I can hold is always helpful.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Rami I stole your pokeymans design. They are pretty rad.

• Options
    D'oh, sorry @ptriz21_teamkill, I didn't see your message till this morning. My market's crashed now. :(

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    That was fun Raggedy Ann. :D@mare_imbrium, And thanks.

@Hargaad of Omnar - You have collected almost every thing and then some. Have you seen a Jester shirt and/or pants?

I've got a Jester shirt for you if you want it.

• Options
    JammersJammers Registered User regular
    I've got turnip prices of 649. Naturally this comes after I sold mine for 184 bells this morning, but if any one still has turnips to sell I'll be able to open my gates at about 9pm bst.

Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    That was fun Raggedy Ann. :D@mare_imbrium, And thanks.

@Hargaad of Omnar - You have collected almost every thing and then some. Have you seen a Jester shirt and/or pants?

I've got a Jester shirt for you if you want it.

Oh hell yes I want it. I'll be right over!

EDIT: Anything you need?

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I've moved from turnips to perfect fruit for my bell-raising schemes.

You can't make as much money as quickly, but you don't have to worry about trying to catch a good price so you can cash out.

Also this is a really neat idea.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop