Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    @Jammers awesome! I'll be online at about 10pm bst if that's okay? I'll leave a nice tip for you.

Could you make sure you add me whenever you get a chance?

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Jammers wrote: »
    I've got turnip prices of 649. Naturally this comes after I sold mine for 184 bells this morning, but if any one still has turnips to sell I'll be able to open my gates at about 9pm bst.
    People sell for under 400?
    Well, congrats on being today's Princess, at least!

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    So can someone explain why I keep tripping?

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    That was fun Raggedy Ann. :D@mare_imbrium, And thanks.

@Hargaad of Omnar - You have collected almost every thing and then some. Have you seen a Jester shirt and/or pants?

I've got a Jester shirt for you if you want it.

Oh hell yes I want it. I'll be right over!

EDIT: Anything you need?

I'm not really looking for anything specific. I'm opened now.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

You have bad luck. I have a lovely phone if you need your fortune told on how to get rid of it if no one has Katrina in town.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Ahh interesting. I never really paid any attention to Katrina.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Guess what Jam got me? I have the Lovely stuff too I just have to get it back from @Hargaad of Omnar because I forgot where I left it.

Sorry. I ended up picking them all up and putting them in storage just so nobody would incorrectly assume they were fair game and take them. I'm getting ready for a job interview at the moment, but when I'm back home, I'll let you know so you can pick them up at your convenience. :)
    Otherwise, I'm going to leave Omnar2 open for business. Did all the dailies.

To note: I do believe it impossible to steal a money rock. I tried it with Hargaad1 in Omnar2, and not a single rock gave me money. I used Hargaad2 after Hargaad1 left, and I know I hit that rock with both Hargaads.
    Ore rock is different. Found that and 'stole' it. :P

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Guess what Jam got me? I have the Lovely stuff too I just have to get it back from @Hargaad of Omnar because I forgot where I left it.

Sorry. I ended up picking them all up and putting them in storage just so nobody would incorrectly assume they were fair game and take them. I'm getting ready for a job interview at the moment, but when I'm back home, I'll let you know so you can pick them up at your convenience. :)
    Otherwise, I'm going to leave Omnar2 open for business. Did all the dailies.

To note: I do believe it impossible to steal a money rock. I tried it with Hargaad1 in Omnar2, and not a single rock gave me money. I used Hargaad2 after Hargaad1 left, and I know I hit that rock with both Hargaads.
    Ore rock is different. Found that and 'stole' it. :P

It's cool and good luck man!

• Options
    Money rock always just drops 100 bells right?

• Options
    Oh wait I think that it does for regular shovels.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Keep hitting it, you get a few thousand in total.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

Swing for the fences. If you time each shot right (takes practice), you can hit it up to 8 times for a usual 16.1k bells. If your timing is off, you miss out on that last 8k, but with practice, you'll never miss (trust me, I've been practicing like crazy while time-traveling).

Edit: I fail to recall the requirements, but on a "good" day, you can get 32k, and on a "bad" day you get 8k?
    Bad days occur when you've got back luck.
    Good days are when you have good luck or a golden shovel? I forget that one.

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Well shit. If you're up and online now, @Toxic Toys, I'll wait a bit to give your stuff back right now so it's done and done. :)

Also, I put down my spoiled turnip by my Rafflesia so people can take it back to their town and get the ant and fly for the museum if they haven't already gotten it.

Edit: I might be wearing my AFAC shirt, but I'm within earshot in case you come to town. ^_^

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Are you kidding me? I could be hitting this rock more than once this entire time??

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Swing for the fences. If you time each shot right (takes practice), you can hit it up to 8 times for a usual 16.1k bells. If your timing is off, you miss out on that last 8k, but with practice, you'll never miss (trust me, I've been practicing like crazy while time-traveling).

I promise you that last hit has everything to do with luck/feng shui and nothing to do with timing. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't, and nothing changes about the way I hit the rock.

• Options
    @nicopernicus - Thank you so much.
    @Hargaad of Omnar - And thank you too.

Now my Lovely Room is almost complete. Just need to pick up that lovely doll. My daughter is going to loose it when she see's my room. :D

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Are you kidding me? I could be hitting this rock more than once this entire time??

Haha! Yup. Dig holes to brace your self on the diagonal against the rock or you slip backwards, then hammer that button.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular

Now my Lovely Room is almost complete. Just need to pick up that lovely doll. My daughter is going to loose it when she see's my room. :D

You are extremely good at hiding things. I wouldn't have found one of them if I hadn't chopped down the tree you hid it behind! What does the lovely doll look like? I had a dolly at one point that I could order for you if that is what you are looking for.

• Options

You are extremely good at hiding things. I wouldn't have found one of them if I hadn't chopped down the tree you hid it behind! What does the lovely doll look like? I had a dolly at one point that I could order for you if that is what you are looking for.

:D

I really don't know what it looks like, but @Jam Warrior ordered 1 for me all ready. But thank you.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I promise you that last hit has everything to do with luck/feng shui and nothing to do with timing. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't, and nothing changes about the way I hit the rock.

Sounds like we need an experiment...FOR SCIENCE!
    time_for_science_by_zedrin-d58w4xz.png

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

The simplest test is for you to remove basically all pieces of (lucky and/or yellow) furniture from your house and see if you ever get the 8th hit.

Vyolynce on
  • Options

The simplest test is for you to remove basically all pieces of (lucky and/or yellow) furniture from your house and see if you ever get the 8th hit.

Wait, people actually do the Feng Shui thing?
    Pfft, I don't think I have any yellow. >_<

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A neighbor asked me for the fairy tale bench. I want to replace my modern bench with it, but if I destroy my modern bench I will lose my perfect town rating!

First World AC:NL problems.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, it seems we've gone well over the 101 limit (subtract one for your own code, assuming you don't have other fc's already).
    Personally, I'm going to take a quick nap, eat dinner, then go through my list of codes and @ everybody that hasn't added either one or both of my codes and inform them that they're getting the boot from my list on Saturday night so that the 100+ people get a fair chance at my Swap items before the new month starts.
    I'm trying to think of ways to assist you, @_J_, in how to renew the spreadsheet so the people who are truly playing keep updated, but the people who are faltering in playing at least once a week (or whatever, really) get pushed to the "pending update" bottom portion of a list.
    Maybe a second-party confirmation of activity?
    I know it sounds far too effort-ish, but maybe a committee or counsel of people to agree on level of acceptable activity for proper classification of who should be priority add and who can be the "leftovers"?
    I don't want to volunteer myself unless others vote me in, but I sure as hell am going to penalize myself when October comes. I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna take a month break from AC.

Not sure if others replied to this in the following two pages, but I'll plop in my thought and then edit if need be.

I agree that a second-party confirmation system, with real-time data tracking of Turnip averages, gate activity, ReTail restocking, etc., would be the best thing ever. It would ensure that active members get priority so Friends Lists are not cluttered by folks who may only log on once or twice a week, and hardly ever open their gates.

However, I also understand that within the PA community, that shit would not fly. Anything akin to Treehousing (forming a cool kid's club) is generally frowned upon and tends to piss folks off. If we elect a "Council of the Turnip Princess" whose members decide who gets to be on the list, and who does not, that would likely harm our community and do more harm than good.

The sensible strategy, I think, is to add two columns to the sheet on August 1st:
    Daily - Turnip
    Casual

People who are daily active players, who watch their stalk markets religiously and have reliable WiFi that can allow folks to access their sweet, sweet turnip prices can mark the first column. Folks who are more casual, and may only use WiFi to trade a few items or polk around can mark the second column.

This way folks can self-sort. If people want to lie and pick the Daily column to remain on friends lists they can do that, and it may not be a big deal. Other folks who understand the problems of a 100 code cap my elect to self-identify as casual, and so remain on the friend code list while potentially dropping off a few user's friend lists.

We do not know who will be Turnip Princess of the week, or who pays attention that shit, so forming a committee to ban people from the list seems problematic. Letting people self-identify as either Turnip Enthusiasts or Casual is likely the best way to sort the list without pissing people off.

I think we all want to avoid a Sneetches scenario within our lovely community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yJomUhs0g

_J_ on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Finally got the golden watering can yesterday.

First order of business? Destroy the majority of my flowers, obviously, because keeping them all nice and healthy is a pain.

I think I may also finally get started on making a few paths in my town.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Well, it seems we've gone well over the 101 limit (subtract one for your own code, assuming you don't have other fc's already).
    Personally, I'm going to take a quick nap, eat dinner, then go through my list of codes and @ everybody that hasn't added either one or both of my codes and inform them that they're getting the boot from my list on Saturday night so that the 100+ people get a fair chance at my Swap items before the new month starts.
    I'm trying to think of ways to assist you, @_J_, in how to renew the spreadsheet so the people who are truly playing keep updated, but the people who are faltering in playing at least once a week (or whatever, really) get pushed to the "pending update" bottom portion of a list.
    Maybe a second-party confirmation of activity?
    I know it sounds far too effort-ish, but maybe a committee or counsel of people to agree on level of acceptable activity for proper classification of who should be priority add and who can be the "leftovers"?
    I don't want to volunteer myself unless others vote me in, but I sure as hell am going to penalize myself when October comes. I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna take a month break from AC.

Not sure if others replied to this in the following two pages, but I'll plop in my thought and then edit if need be.

I agree that a second-party confirmation system, with real-time data tracking of Turnip averages, gate activity, ReTail restocking, etc., would be the best thing ever. It would ensure that active members get priority so Friends Lists are not cluttered by folks who may only log on once or twice a week, and hardly ever open their gates.

However, I also understand that within the PA community, that shit would not fly. Anything akin to Treehousing (forming a cool kid's club) is generally frowned upon and tends to piss folks off. If we elect a "Council of the Turnip Princess" whose members decide who gets to be on the list, and who does not, that would likely harm our community and do more harm than good.

The sensible strategy, I think, is to add two columns to the sheet on August 1st:
    Daily - Turnip
    Casual

People who are daily active players, who watch their stalk markets religiously and have reliable WiFi that can allow folks to access their sweet, sweet turnip prices can mark the first column. Folks who are more casual, and may only use WiFi to trade a few items or polk around can mark the second column.

This way folks can self-sort. If people want to lie and pick the Daily column to remain on friends lists they can do that, and it may not be a big deal. Other folks who understand the problems of a 100 code cap my elect to self-identify as casual, and so remain on the friend code list while potentially dropping off a few user's friend lists.

We do not know who will be Turnip Princess of the week, or who pays attention that shit, so forming a committee to ban people from the list seems problematic. Letting people self-identify as either Turnip Enthusiasts or Casual is likely the best way to sort the list without pissing people off.

I think we all want to avoid a Sneetches scenario within our lovely community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yJomUhs0g

I like your idea of casual vs turnip stalkers. I know for me that is one of the big reason I am on every day.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I just got my first villager's photo. He gave it after a daily "please give me furniture for my house" task. I've had the game since release date, and talk to him a few times daily. I generally do tasks when a villager asks, but I don't make it a point to help everyone every day or anything like that. Oddly enough, I've stood this villager up at least twice on the "could you/I come over to my/your house at [some time later]" tasks (who the heck remembers those things :P ).

@SilverWind Super thank you for this information!

How many letters did you send this villager? Did you attach items? Did you reference the name of the attached item in the letter?

• Options
    I'm not super hardcore about turnips, but I do check them every day. If it's over 200 then I'll make the post here, also if it is Saturday and I have above 100 then I'll make the post.

• Options
    Chris FOM wrote: »
    Has anyone else found the Best Buy content to be a huge pain to get? I've brought my system to a Best Buy multiple times, seen the little Nintendo Zone icon start pulsing, and launched into AC. Then 9 times out of 10 (at least, if not more) it won't connect to the base station. I've tried multiple attempts at multiple BB locations. I haven't missed anything yet (although I need the item for this 2-week block), but it would be nice if I could get it faster than having to go through four stores and waste an hour of a Saturday to pull it off.

@Chris FOM

Thanks for asking that. I forgot to add it to the OP.

Best Buy Item Schedule
    6/16-6/29 Raccoon Wall-Clock
    6/30-7/13 Cat Tower
    7/14-7/27 Suitcase
    7/28-8/10 Double Neck Guitar

How to obtain items without going to Best Buy
    Step 1: Change the SSID on your wireless network to "Bestbuy".
    Step 2: Rename your wireless network name within your 3DS wireless settings.

Your Nintendo Zone icon ought to now be shitting itself in anticipation. If you click the icon and try to access a Nintendo Zone it will not work, but that is alright.

Step 3: Load Animal Crossing.
    Step 4: Go to the post office.
    Step 5: Talk to Pelly / Phyllis.
    Step 6: Click the 'Ask about a present' option.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Man imagine taking this game so seriously that you even form the idea of banning people from the list because they don't play often enough.
    I much prefer the "one is for casuals one is for turnips everydayers".
    Personally i keep people on my list because i like them. I don't play online all the time, but i like having people there if Ive enjoyed their towns.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options

Agreed. Link added to OP.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Bad luck.

Katarina - Thonky Guide
    Katarina - Bidoofcrossing Guide
    Lucky Items - AC Wikia Guide to Lucky Items

There is some speculation that Feng Shui items, or in-house lucky items, can impact one's luck. An adequate number of these items would remove the need to check with Katarina to find lucky items. However this is mostly speculation and does not seem to have been tested in New Leaf.

Also, you want to talk to Katarina, because after 20 fortunes are told in your town you will get the Katarina Public Works Project, and everyone loves Public Works.

_J_ on
  • Options
    I got over 72,000 points from the HAA today with most of my rooms only half done. I'll let you all know when I hit 150,000 so I can give away most of this stuff. Speaking of giving away stuff, who was looking for fruit stuff? I have an apple TV to give away.

@_J_ - I don't mind a casual player/AC fiend column in the spreadsheet. With that in mind my Turnips were 100 this morning.

@Rami - I have a Regal mailbox in Knook's if that helps.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I now have all 4 lucky cats and the stained glass. Sweet.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a sweet olive start they'd be willing to part with? I can trade a blue hydrangea.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    So does the completed Mini Fossil get you the same points as using the full size skeletons?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited July 2013

facepalm.jpg

I have never experienced this before: Reading your post was physically painful.

Edit: Srsly. You just won the thread. I don't even...I can't... I'm just going to sit here feeling sorry for you.

Edit Edit: What makes your post art is that the sentiment it expresses completely fits the expression on your avatar.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Quical wrote: »
    Man imagine taking this game so seriously that you even form the idea of banning people from the list because they don't play often enough.
    I much prefer the "one is for casuals one is for turnips everydayers".
    Personally i keep people on my list because i like them. I don't play online all the time, but i like having people there if Ive enjoyed their towns.

I agree that removing people for not being Super Cereal enough is a bit too far.

However, given the 100 friend code limit, it does make sense to offer some means of discerning hardcore from casual. If someone only plays a few times a week, doesn't get online much, and doesn't check Turnip prices, that does not make them inhuman. It does mean that having their friend code added is slightly less beneficial than having a hardcore Turnip enthusiast in that spot.

And, really, if someone doesn't visit towns often, doesn't get online much, and doesn't care about turnips they oughtn't care about having friend codes; that's what friend codes are for.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Grats on making the thread title, urahonky.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I even stopped looking for the "money rock" because I figured 100 bells was a waste of time!

God damn it.