As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Nope, believe me I tried :D She only said about 4 different things to me.

My town is full of pets. Speak for yourself!

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have pretty good luck getting new items from campers. So far over half of the "1 of these 5 prizes" games end with me touching a new item.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    _J_ wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »
    Any input on how to do the Active / Casual / Inactive check for September?

No advice except to maybe give us til the end of next week because we'll be dead from PAX.

Speaking of, if anyone with turnips and going to PAX is getting nervous, there are three good prices up on http://www.reddit.com/r/acturnips/

Two of them appear to be actually active, but it may still be an hour or more before it's your turn.

Ugh. Reddit turnips.

Maintaining Reddit friend codes would be bleeeeck

You add them, sell your turnips in their town, unfriend them, and never speak of it again.

Edit: Your argument will be invalid when I sell my turnips here shortly for 619 a pop.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Nope, believe me I tried :D She only said about 4 different things to me.

My town is full of pets. Speak for yourself!

To convince them, you may have to exit the tent a few times and just keep talking to them. I don't know if this works for "visitors", but I had to exit and re-talk to Shep about 4 or 5 times before he agreed to move in.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Ugh. It appears that Redd started adding contemporary fakes to his art gallery (NSFW):
    Hmm...marked it NSFW just in case...but if they can show it on broadcast TV, it's safe, right? I mean, this is miles cleaner than what she did at the VMA show. :|
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-9407-1377542398-0.gif

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    So I discovered today that Tom Nook has plotted the location for the house of a villager named Vic. Pirate-themed house, and wears a viking helmet? Please stay here forever, Vic. He even had the courtesy to narrowly dodge my perfect cherry orchard! How thoughtful! He's a cranky villager too, apparently, so I can just imagine him and Frank bro'ing it out and fucking with people.

Between his and Frank's house locations, it makes me wonder if cranky villagers are programmed to place their houses farther away from other villagers. Has anyone else picked up on that pattern, or is it just a coincidence in my town?

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    Ugh. It appears that Redd started adding contemporary fakes to his art gallery (NSFW):
    Hmm...marked it NSFW just in case...but if they can show it on broadcast TV, it's safe, right? I mean, this is miles cleaner than what she did at the VMA show. :|

You made me LoL.

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Pierce is moving out today. I'll open up if anyone would like to take him!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Yessssss. Yesssssss....
    So, I've been doing the Theme Challenge as I've said. This is basically how my house looked today.

9609444237_8e1efc5a14.jpg

Not a Trendy roof, unfortunately (unless it is, but I don't think so), nor a trendy mailbox, so I sort of enhanced the OP's layout idea.

9609444289_9b4d2dc582.jpg

Neutral floor and wall in the main room, 0 and 3 lamps next to the back doorway, some of the Museum set and the Gracie Bed and a random Corner Sofa. Definitely more than the Minimal theme of the OP main room.

9609444325_8bda8bbc21.jpg

Left-hand room is Full Astro, Full Modern (minus the Modern Wall/Tile obviously). A coffee piece or two.

9609444357_c9fb616b0c.jpg

Right room is the Ugly-As-Sin Stripes and Solids room. Full Minimalist, Partial Striped, some Coffee Pieces, an Executive Toy and a Wii Balance Board.

9609444401_2345296bf3.jpg

Back room is the equally awful Sleek and Polka-Dots room. Full Sleek (plus all four Brewsters) with an extra Sleek Closet and some HHA rewards. Full Polka-Dot set aside from the Carpet/Flooring.

9609455513_7a6a9ff302.jpg

And the Second Floor room is the Creepy Mannequin Room. Just Dragon Zap talking to Link and Samus because they don't even care. Modern Tile/Wall.

SO HEY LYLE, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY HOUSE?

9609444259_0a60b5d9d2.jpg

DAMN RIGHT. So now all I have to do is collect my reward pieces. Ordered the Roof, so next is the Exterior. After ordering all the pieces, I'll almost -never- have to set foot in Nook's Homes aga-

9609455539_a1885e6f04.jpg

wat

9609455579_058ac7fcdf.jpg

...I...

....but...

Animal Crossing!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    @Hargaard of Omnar, I'm gonna stop by tonight and clear out as many FFA flowers as I can. I'm blanketing my town ever so slowly. I also plan on filling out the gyroid section of the spreadsheet tonight (hopefully). I do collect them, but I haven't been meticulous about it. I'll try and come through to grab what I still need before you sell them all!

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

You made me LoL.

I follow some art blogs, and one of them had miscellaneous pictures of different art with that animated gif on it. "Hey, that's a painting that's in my game!" The rest is history. :D
    @Hargaard of Omnar, I'm gonna stop by tonight and clear out as many FFA flowers as I can. I'm blanketing my town ever so slowly. I also plan on filling out the gyroid section of the spreadsheet tonight (hopefully). I do collect them, but I haven't been meticulous about it. I'll try and come through to grab what I still need before you sell them all!

If you don't get a chance, I'll still save up gyroids each month before selling them all off. I try to keep watch for the people who filled out the gyroid tab and @ them when something comes by. :)

• Options
    @The Zombie Penguin: I have the full exotic set, you are totally welcome to touch my end table. I'll add you to my FL and open up Sweetown later on tonight if you'll be around.

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @The Zombie Penguin: I have the full exotic set, you are totally welcome to touch my end table. I'll add you to my FL and open up Sweetown later on tonight if you'll be around.

I shall. It's just gone afternoon here, so i'll be around for many hours yet. Can i bring anyhting in return?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @Hargaad of Omnar Looks like Omnar crashed as I was trying to get back in. Whoops. My storage is so full of turnips that I have to do a silly back and forth when my pockets fill.

Also, my turnips have gone nowhere but up this week, and it's kinda weirding me out. They hit 188 this evening, and I almost wonder if I'm on a strange small spike and will top out tomorrow morning.

@The Zombie Penguin Sweetown is open now. I'm AFAC, but the end table is sitting in front of me by my train station. I'm not really looking for much right now, but I wouldn't say no to any flowers. :D

neuroticsilence on
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    How did you get the samus suit?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    @The Zombie Penguin Sweetown is open now. I'm AFAC, but the end table is sitting in front of me by my train station. I'm not really looking for much right now, but I wouldn't say no to any flowers. :D

Thanks! I've catalouged the end table. I left you some hybrid Lilies and a hybrid rose, hope they're useful. (I've got a massive rose field as well as lily field in my town, so spairng a few is not a big deal.) Also, i am envious of your bug room. Very stylish!

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    tiloahtiloah OH DARN SeattleRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    MY CLOWN SHEEP IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

My town can now rest easy without that creepo around. 8->
    Awh man I want him so bad. Astrid just became my 10th villager and it makes me sad.

LoL: lesemicolon
    3DS: 1607-2293-4337 - Hadley - Welcome to St. Jude!
    Cyrus's Furniture Customization
  • Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    How did you get the samus suit?

It's from buying cookies with play coins from the Nook store

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm firmly Batman this week. Morning 'nip price is 91, down from 134 last night.

I hope, hope, hope someone has a good price tonight or tomorrow...

I might!

But it stands a very good chance of being tomorrow morning and thus useless to everyone but me. Stupid weekday morning spikes.

False alarm. Batman faked me out. :\

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Okay does anyone have a spare fishing rod? I have been without one for about a month now and my shop alternates between a net and shovel every single day. I did that game where they were going to pay whatever amount of bells for my fishing rod assuming I'd just buy another one.

Boy how wrong I was.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I'm also firmly batman'd for the week.

@Urahonky I have a regular fishing rod on sale at my Nooklings', which you are free to purchase. However, I believe there may be silver rods at Omnar2, so you should go investigate.
    tiloah wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    MY CLOWN SHEEP IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

My town can now rest easy without that creepo around. 8->
    Awh man I want him so bad. Astrid just became my 10th villager and it makes me sad.

I love Pietro so much. <3 But if I ever let him move out, I'll let you know!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I've been fairly lax on my playtime lately...what do I need to do to avoid being deleted from you folks' friend lists?

Also, my girlfriend keeps bugging me for a ribbon wig, whatever that is. Anyone have one that I could buy from you?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    @SilverWind I'll take a look when i get home, thanks for the heads up!

@maximumzero I might have one in my catalog if no one replies. Won't be till late EST till I can get on though.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    so my turnip prices have been going down all week. Does anyone have any good prices?

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I've streetpassed someone who has what appears to be the entire harvest set. If anyone's interested I'll order it over the next few days and drop it off in Omnar for touching.

Cullen on
  • Options
    I try to keep stock of at least 1 silver rod, net, and shovel for just such an occasion as somebody "accidentally" selling off their own. *cough*@SilverWind*cough*

• Options
    Small spike! I hit 200 this am. Good for two more hours, we'll see if my work wifi plays nice today.

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    I've been fairly lax on my playtime lately...what do I need to do to avoid being deleted from you folks' friend lists?

Pay attention to turnip prices.

Hope that more people don't enter their codes on the spreadsheet.

• Options
    Yeah I've adopted the habit of checking my turnip prices every night just in case. Even if I don't have turnips.

• Options
    I couldn't sell all my turnips, so here's hoping I managed to sell enough to even out. Sweetown is open until it crashes! Off to work I go. :)

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options

Pay attention to turnip prices.

Hope that more people don't enter their codes on the spreadsheet.

Eh. I'm pretty lenient on deletion. If you've added me, I'll likely keep you on my list. Once my list fills up, I'll start looking at the furthest back update by people and remove the oldest-updated person.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I finally got all my animals to buy a piece of ore customized furniture. I sent them all new cloths and about half has changed into them. I might look up personalities and send some more to the ones who didn't change.

I'm going to open up if anyone wants what I have left of my ore customized furniture in Re-tail. My turnips prices is 74 and sure to drop again.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ghee Turnips: 528

I believe I get to be Turnip Princess for the week.

I shall be home in about 2 hours, and my gates will be open throughout the evening. If you need me to add your code, please @ me or send a PM.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    @SilverWind I'll take a look when i get home, thanks for the heads up!

@maximumzero I might have one in my catalog if no one replies. Won't be till late EST till I can get on though.

Any luck?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Stuck at work for another 45 minutes, then I have to pick up my daughter from daycare. If she behaves I can check for you. Sorry!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Yay @_J_! Those are some good nips you got!

I might also need you to add me. I'm not sure if you eventually did or not.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Damn @_J_, now I wish I hadn't sold ANY turnips this morning. If you're around late tonight (8PST) I'd love to sell off the rest of my 'nips.

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    God dammit @_J_ You're ALWAYS the fucking turnip princess. Why can't I be turnip princess? Am I not pretty enough?

What's WRONG WITH ME?

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Phoenix is open! Got the Gracie sale, plus it's Meteor Shower night when it gets dark.

I think somebody was looking for a fishing pole? There's a silver one on sale in my museum.

If anybody has a perfect orange or a helm they'd like to bring over, I will love you forever (and I can order some neat stuff for you in exchange).

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.