As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SpyParty: It's My Party And I'll Spy If I Want To

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Love this game.

I'm always down to play folks. Same name as here.

• JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    i have purchased this game, username is jerkbot
    1v1 me bros
    EDIT: I played with a dude who had about 50 games played and he showed me some of the ropes
    this game is crazy fun and tense

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Chris Hecker recently posted a masterclass video showcasing some high level play if anyone is interested. There's some nice gameplay tips in it, along with some very interesting insight into the design of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BxYv0Hwiw

Also I'm down to play for the next hour or so if anyone is interested.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
    Aneurhythmia
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kate, please show me how to properly play this game this year. I tried it a couple years ago at PAX and couldn't get anywhere at all.

BLM - ACAB
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So what makes this different from The Ship

6F32U1X.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So what makes this different from The Ship

two players, asymmetrical gameplay

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Kate, please show me how to properly play this game this year. I tried it a couple years ago at PAX and couldn't get anywhere at all.

can do. what's your name in game?

kQwcZLJ.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Just played some of this tonight with another newbie.

Oh god spy is so stressful.

OrokosPA.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Geek wrote: »

can do. what's your name in game?

Oh, I meant at PAX, sorry. I thought you were gonna be doing that again.

BLM - ACAB
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    yeah, I'll be working the booth again this year

kQwcZLJ.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    So.... this game.

I think I am going to get in on the Beta now. I played it at the booth at PAX, and then two hours later it's the Omegathon finale? Yeah.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have literally played none of this, so if anyone wants to jump on tomorrow night I will spy all up in your shit

I should be around to play some games tomorrow if anyone is interested. Just send me a pm if you'd like to play.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I was already sold on this game. With me getting a new PC in the coming month and this game being the Omegathon finale...yea, I'll be in on this soon.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    I'm thinking I'll be on this after hanging out with friends tonight, if anybody wants to hop on -- I'll post again when I'm around

kQwcZLJ.png
    also here's a great behind-the-scenes of the omegathon final round, which in case you didn't know, was spyparty!!! ahhhh

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/omegathon-born-behind-the-scenes-of-one-of-gamings-greatest-spectacles

kQwcZLJ.png
    ASimPerson
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i finally found my beta account stuff and am reinstalling this. I still have no real idea how to play

ok, I am confused on sniper play. I have dudes highlighted on my map, but in the bug planting mission, only the ambassador matters, right? There are double agents in the map, but they're not relevant, and can't be the spy, right?

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Depending on the map the spy has several tasks to perform, including communicating with the true double agent, planting a bug on the ambassador, doing the microfilm thing, etc.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    this game is so fucking hard

part of me wishes the spy controlled more like an RTS? like, you could tell it to go to this spot, and do this thing, and it would use the actual AI pathing to do it

just trying to walk around the right way is so fucking stressful

spy is tough but you get the hang of it fast. a super pro-tip is to use a gamepad for spy and mouse/keyboard for sniper, but it gets sorta tiresome

kQwcZLJ.png
    Abracadaniel
    Ohhhhh

Oh

OK

spy is tough but you get the hang of it fast. a super pro-tip is to use a gamepad for spy and mouse/keyboard for sniper, but it gets sorta tiresome

Xbox controller works awesome as Spy, rocked that shit vs @mully last night

Also she didn't think I'd be dumb enough to be Spy as the redheaded guy my first attempt

She thought wrong

It's like chess
    but with
    DANANABREAD

IcyLiquidTheySlashThemLangly
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    i am mully
    add me add me

i had lots of fun with @icyliquid last night
    loving this game
    excited for the graphics update, looks classy as heck

(ps i didn't have any fun with @abracadaniel because he kept killing me in the face)

mully on
    Abracadaniel
    I am Down To Spy 2Nite

i would like to play with anyone, my name is langly

I cannot play well since I am on my MBA and @stareosarus has claimed my PC for WoW this evening

I just got a couple games in and failed as sniper but then won as spy (just by not being shot though...), and then won as the sniper. Feeling a little more in control now. got to go pick up a pizza though, in case the dude I played with is a member here. (mortor something something?)

Is it normal that it's been searching for a lobby for like 10 minutes now

Langly wrote: »
    I just got a couple games in and failed as sniper but then won as spy (just by not being shot though...), and then won as the sniper. Feeling a little more in control now. got to go pick up a pizza though, in case the dude I played with is a member here. (mortor something something?)

JEFqF.png

InfidelmullyLangly
    I'm getting on right now if anyone wants to play some matches. My name is the same as here.

and my computer's not recognizing my controller

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh hey I got this.

Yeah, sorry guys, I just can't connect to a lobby
    No spying tonight

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Just played with someone.

Wow it is so much less obvious who is the spy when you're playing this for reals.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Finally got this, forgot to check my opponent's win record before going into my first game.

W H O O P S.

[IMG][/img]
    who'd you play against?

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    who'd you play against?

I'm having some trouble remembering the name, and they logged out before I could get a proper look at their total match wins.

Probably somebody with a decent number of games under their belt, though, considering how they sussed me out within a minute each time I played Spy.

[IMG][/img]