As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SpyParty: It's My Party And I'll Spy If I Want To

13»

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    This game is now officially on Steams Early Access! I played a bunch last night, after playing back in 2013 and 2011. I can't BELIEVE how great the character art is. And the new level art. It's an incredible difference.

And like..the gameplay itself is still very refined and good. I had a blast.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Is the statue switch a mission in every game? It seems way too easy for the sniper to just wait for the switch.

edited April 2018
    godmode wrote: »
    Is the statue switch a mission in every game? It seems way too easy for the sniper to just wait for the switch.

In beginner mode, yeah it is. Once the sniper is consistently catching a standard swap (pretty easy to do once you learn to memorize the statues, learn to watch areas your laser isn't pointing, etc.) they should switch to intermediate mode. That mode has quicktime events for most spy actions (like gears reloading style). A green hit will have an AI come swap the statue FOR YOU after you put it down.

You can also start doing modes where it's not required to do, like "complete 3/5".

Elbasunu on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Dang that is clever

If you gotta do a swap in Beginner, my suggestion is to do it either A: right at the start when there's a lot of commotion, or B, right after signalling the double agent. Banana Bread and bolt to the closest covered statue and swap it, the spy will be confused trying to figure out whats up with the banana bread.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Alternatively be a hero and bannana bread literally any time you sit in a conversation. In theory the spy can slowly whittle it down to you based on that but I've found it usually throws people off their game as they wonder which one was real.

Alternatively be a hero and bannana bread literally any time you sit in a conversation. In theory the spy can slowly whittle it down to you based on that but I've found it usually throws people off their game as they wonder which one was real.

You can only banana bread while in a convo though. When you "BB", the sniper can lowlight anybody outside a convo. So be careful about too many fake calls.