As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MegaTen/Persona] Rise Kujikawa enters the Arena! Japan gets Ultra Suplexed on 2014/8/28

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Persona 4's starting date in-game is April 12, so if you want to try a chronological challenge now's the time to prepare. :)

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So Golden is still the best version of the game, then.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, it's certainly the easiest.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Is there a non-easy version of persona 4?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Persona 4 is not what I'd call an easy game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    It's what I'd call an awesome game.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Maz- wrote: »
    I would. Pretty much any difficulty the game has takes a nosedive after yukiko. Especially in golden.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Is there a non-easy version of persona 4?

Sure!
    Solo.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Me neither.

I'd call it a cakewalk.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    So long Imagine.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ch5b9cf7puwzrcr/JQPrvTSkMC

Have some beats from it! The Valentine's Day one is nifty. I always dug Imagine's BGM.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

Me neither.

I'd call it a cakewalk.

We can all probably agree is one of the easier games in the SMT series of games, especially with the additions in the Golden version.

In other news, the PS3 version of Persona 4 is a PS2 classic, not the Golden version, and will release April 8.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/persona-4s-playstation-3-release-date-revealed

So anyone wanting old Chie, higher difficulty and lower resolution, there you go.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I'm going to buy it just so I can play Persona 4 on my tv without having to remember where the remote for the tv is so that I can then remember how to change the input to component cables...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I started up a new game (well ng+) of Devil Survivor 2 the other day.

I had forgotten just how wonderful Jungo is.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I find that hard to believe.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    No, I knew he was great, I didn't forget that. I had just forgotten how great.
    The greatest.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    No, I knew he was great, I didn't forget that. I had just forgotten how great.
    The greatest.

In stats or in personality?
    Yes.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Let's not argue. Have some chawanmushi.

chawanmushi6.jpg

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    It's delicious. :)

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Jungo was precious.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Jungo was precious.

Best cat ever to appear in a video game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    WBM99WBM99 Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    So on my very first playthrough of P4G and
    just finished Naoto's dungeon.

I made it a habit pretty early to go back and do the previous bonus dungeon before moving on to the next story dungeon to do some leveling up/new weapon and it has made the game significantly easier. I'm around level 52-53 now and a Strength Persona with Arrow Rain (I think that's what it's called) is like GG every time. Had Blade of Fury, picked up a skill level up card after a battle and it got randomly upgraded to Arrow Rain. Makes most battles easy mode. Wish it was a little harder. =/

That being said, I'm still enjoying the game immensely. :smiley:

PSN: wbm99
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Play SMT III: Nocturne l, on Hard, if you want the perfect level of challenge. It also has the benefit of making most other SMT and Persona game feel very easy afterwards.

P4 is easy and Golden just makes it easier.

• Options
    What is it about golden that makes it even easier? Just the skill changes to party members? (Kanji with power charge alone is pretty absurd. Power charge was all Chie had to stay competitive!)

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    The skill upgrade cards too. Physical invulnerability in the first dungeon, etc., etc.1

• Options
    Oh I didn't know there were skill cards. No vita here so I haven't played it.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Yeah. I had a persona immune to fire, that had bufu by the time I got to Yukiko's shadow. If I worked a little harder, I could have upgraded that to bufula, and just wrecked the boss.

Granted, that's not THAT hard to do, but I didn't have to do a lick of fusion to get it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    What is it about golden that makes it even easier? Just the skill changes to party members? (Kanji with power charge alone is pretty absurd. Power charge was all Chie had to stay competitive!)

Party members get better skills, you can choose which skills to transfer in persona fusion, the game auto-saves when you switch floors, skill cards, movie theater (gives bonus stats to party members when you go with them there), etc.

On the other hand, Golden has a harder difficulty than the PS2 version that drops XP & money down. So if you play on that difficulty and don't over-grind to compensate, P4G is probably slightly harder than the hardest difficulty of regular P4.

• Options
    Nah. I had more trouble with hard in P4 proper than I am in P4G.

Granted, that might be because I have a black frost with Megidolaon, so I can nuke golden hands.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    WeisskaiserWeisskaiser TokyoRegistered User regular
    P4G is definitely a LOT easier. I distinctly recall my Yukiko doing four digit damage all the time with her new stuff.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Let's put it this way:

Golden is the New Game+ for all the people who beat P4 years ago, without having to play through it again to unlock all the game-breaking content.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Oh I didn't know there were skill cards. No vita here so I haven't played it.

Personally, I think the random chance to have a Skill upgraded during Shuffle Time is what really makes the game easier. I ended up getting four of those in Kanji's dungeon while my Physical Damage person was equipped and had God's Hand halfway through it. At that point I could oneshot Golden Hands, and when you get that much XP guaranteed...

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I would. Pretty much any difficulty the game has takes a nosedive after yukiko. Especially in golden.

Shadow Kanji provided a solid challenge, but yeah, after that I think I died maybe once. It said a lot when the miniboss of the third dungeon had a weakness and almost no offense.

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/7tzBvUxCmzs

Some footage of a Sho player dominating, I'm getting some real Wolverine vibes from him. His pressure and rushdown games are pretty crazy, it almost feels like he should be in a different game. There's also a quick Yosuke vs Shadow Yosuke match at the start, I almost missed that they played "I'll face myself" for it. They also play Wiping all out occasionally when a P3 girl is fighting, like during the Mitsuru match at 14:06.

http://youtu.be/dntMe0BFnv0
    Much longer video, there's a SHO player dominating for the first third of it. Seems like SHO gives up some of Sho's rushdown and pressure in exchange for better zoning and teleports. Junpei gets some matches at the end of the video too, he reminds me a lot of MvC Frank West. I finally get his baseball system too. Landing attacks with the bat gives him a base, landing blocked attacks with the bat gives him a ball, whiffing a bat attack gives him a strike, getting hit gives him an out, getting 3 outs resets the bases, and at 10 runs he powers up. He looks fun, but I can't really tell how good he is yet.

There's also a good Yosuke vs Teddie match worth watching at 1:53:15 (with a crazy Yosuke combo starting at 1:59:25).

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    What does "Sho" mean?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    What does "Sho" mean?

That's the new character's name. Sho Tsukiyomi.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Quiotu wrote: »
    What does "Sho" mean?

That's the new character's name. Sho Tsukiyomi.

Sho Minazuki. Tsukiyomi is SHO's persona, though I'm noticing people call him that as another way to distinguish the two.

Its this guy, by the way
    m4or8h16pzu5.jpg

Edit: Holy crap I just realized that the first Sho match in the first vid is playing this.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    Deva Yuga was designed by Lucifer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgJKJbD0sE

I swear that dialogue comes from a film of some sort.

Imagine if this game had no auto-map. Just. brr.

DevaYuga2001.png

Heh, that's the first result on google. Your suffering lives on, Blackjack.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I started up a new game (well ng+) of Devil Survivor 2 the other day.

I had forgotten just how wonderful Jungo is.

Dragon's evolved ability + Assassinate was probably the most hilarious combo in the game he could do. It was such freaking cheese and it was so insanely effective. I had him, my Phys MC, and a couple mages of my choosing basically clean up shop for the vast majority of the game. My MC would use Drain Hit to basically use free skills with no cost ever, and I gave Jungo a low cost Dia spell, and made at least one of have a healing spell so he could run assassinations all over. And to make things better with a Kishin, he could assassinate 2 teams per turn. It was quite insane.

EDIT: Damn, now I want to pull out Devil Survivor 2 and play it again, lol.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Sure would like to play SMT IV, Atlus

Sure would

steam_sig.png