As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EverQuest Next] Details revealed. Press embargo ended. Beta registration open.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    you can get more than one plot?!

I could have sworn I read you could only have 1

this opens up a LOT!

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    You can only have 1 Claim. But you can get Attached Claims which allow you to expand your original claim to be larger (each attachment is the same size as the original). I do not know the limits. The first one I had had to be on one of the 6 faces of my original. I hope subsequent just have to be on a face of any of my claim, because I want to make a 2x2 box.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    You can have three claims I believe.

So the game isn't playing nice, and is the only game doing it so it must be the games fault. I will admit, did have a youtube video going in the background but that shouldn't be making the game randomly CTD.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Boo on 3. I really wanted that fourth. :( That's going to screw up my Karak Lode remake!

Ugh, my comp took a crap and my claim is paid till Friday

One day before my new fan/heatsink arrives.

Least I had only flattened it.

The fact you can only have 1 main + 2 attached right now has really killed my interest in my claim. I was all excited, planned it all out so I placed them perfectly so it'd all fit, and now I can't finish it because 1/4 of what I need I can't place.

Can you put one under your claim?

Like have one behind your original and one UNDER your original?

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Or maybe get another account and make it best digging friends (if that is a thing) with your primary?

You can, Xaquin. You have one primary and then can attach two additional in any way possible. You can even used your attached claims to "leap frog" and have two attached claims that aren't attached to your main claim. However, I need a 2x2x1 to finish my project and I cannot currently get that.

ForceVoid, sadly, there is a "keepout" area around your main claim so you can't get main claims that close together. And even if you give permissions to someone else, the total number of attached claims to any main claim is still 2.

They've said they plan to up this, but hopefully they do so soon. If it's a while out, I'd be more likely to work on a different idea (although the other ideas require slightly larger plots, too.).

According to this:

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/malaise-alert-administer-adrenaline-stat.30890/#post-343221

We might get both extra attached claims AND a second main claim
    Tomorrow

Just for posterity

Claim Changes

Good news, everyone! We have increased the number of claims you may own! You may now have two (2!) root claims and three (3!) attached claims. You will need to craft the flags to stake these claims as usual. Also be aware, that the limit on attached claims is a total limit of three. It is not three per root claim. For example, you can have one root claim that has all three attached claims but that will leave your other root claim with zero available attached claims.

Crafting Changes
    Several recipes have been rebalanced to better support the current allocation of resources across Tiers. These include:

All axes
    The silver sickle
    Both Grappling Hooks and Pulverizers
    All tiers of the sifter crafting station
    All accessories
    Additionally, the Ring of Brawn can now be crafted at the Basic Workshop and Iron Ingots can now be crafted at the Basic Forge.
    Grappling Hooks have also been renamed. The Bronze Grappling Hook is now the Explorer’s Grappling Hook and the Viridium Grappling Hook is now the Adventurer’s Grappling Hook.

Mining / Harvesting Changes

Ore veins have been changed so that metals of the same tier are now combined.
    Copper appears alone, as it is the only tier 1 metal.
    Iron has been paired with tin.
    Tungsten has been paired with silver.
    Cobalt has been paired with gold.
    Mithril has been paired with rubicite.
    Individual veins of tin, silver, and gold have been added to tiers 2, 3, and 4, respectively.
    Descriptions of metals, gems, and stone have been updated to clarify where they can best be found.
    Rebalanced spawn weight of Cotton, Jute, Plumthistle and Sunblossom to help even the spawn chance of each plant. Also slightly increased model size of Jute to help it better stand out against the environment.
    Sundrop Heartwood is now called Petrified Heartwood
    Vital Heartwood is now called Ancient Heartwood
    Serpentine Heartwood is now called Mossy Heartwood

New Props
    We’ve added a handful of craftable props to the crafting stations!

White Light Orbs, two stained glass windows and a pair of iron braziers can now be crafted at the Tinkerer’s Workshop.

New Material!

Pink Lumicite is now available to craft at the Saw Table. Just in time for Easter.

The Showcase (previously the Trading Post)

We’ve renamed the Trading Post to the Showcase! We decided to do this because it is going to be used for a lot more than just purchasing items. We’ll be adding the ability to easily browse through and vote on all of the entries in a given competition. You’ll also be able to easily browse through and find claims in the world that you might be interested in visiting!
    The Showcase is now available outside of the game!
    https://www.landmarkthegame.com/store/
    We’ve added some new items to the Showcase!
    Orbs of different colored light (Blue / Green / Indigo / Orange / Red / Violet / Yellow)
    Navy Blue Wandering Nomad’s Finery (This is a brand new outfit!)
    White Wandering Nomad’s Finery
    Black Formal Victorian Wear
    Black Casual Victorian Wear
    Royal Blue Adventurer’s Gear
    Red Colonist’s Encounter Suit
    Mithril Builder’s Bag and Mithril Builder’s Chest
    Diamond Builder’s Bag and Diamond Builder’s Chest
    All items purchased from the Trading Post can now be traded 12 hours after purchase. Just as a reminder – items purchased from the Trading Post are not re-granted if you delete your character!

Hotbars

We’ve added swappable hotbars to the game! Want to have all of your building tools one one bar, all your mining tools on another? You can do that! You can swap your hotbars by pressing the arrows on the left side of your hotbar, or by pressing CTRL + 0-9.

Bugs

You can now use the Right Click menu on yourself and other players within the Party Menu. You can Promote to Leader, Kick a party member, or Leave Party.
    Sometimes, portions of the Crafting UI would not update when switching from one station to another.
    Changing islands would sometimes result in the outfit you were wearing to overlap with the default outfit. This should no longer occur.
    It was possible for stat bonuses to persist after you had switched out one equipped item for another.
    Sometimes you'd get an odd lightsource around your character when you went in to First Person mode. Fixed!
    The Leyline Station window will now close when you get a certain distance away from it.
    Heroic Movement animations should now display to other players.
    Revised the Gold building materials to be more gold-like.
    Added Audio to the Pulverizers.

edited April 2014
    So, I can finish my 2x2 claim now, and still be able to set up a cottage somewhere. A summer home, if you will.

am0n on
    Wish there was a way to change your appearance. Kind of unhappy with my selection, but deleting my character would mean I'd lose my claim, tools and everything I've harvested.

I look green in game .... on the selection screen I'm properly tanned.

Can't wait to get my new processor and vid card up and running.

Looks like I fixed my computer just in time for the servers to be down!

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    :)

Yup.

Draygo on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does getting the Landmark founder thing give access to Next? Also, how long is the founder stuff going to be around?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Started building last night!

I realized I'm going to need another claim to get what I want. I got the floor down and all my crafting stations placed. Helped a lot once I figured out you can scale them down lol.

Sorry Stragint, I don't know the answers to those questions! I'm sure someone will!

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    As far as I know, Landmark founder does not give access to Next.

I'd guess the founder stuff will be around until open beta. Nobody knows when that will be though.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I built walls around my desert compound. Then I discovered that the walls were too close to edge to use the smooth tool to weather the top. So I had to copy the entire wall, delete the entire wall, heal the terrain, and move the entire thing one space inward.

Then I learned how to uncouple the tool from the world gird allowing for more control, which would have allowed me to smooth the wall in its original position. :tired_face:

Does anyone know if there are any props built with something other than the basic tinker workshop? Or if there is a list for what is made with what crafting station? I want to know what other options I have for decorating my claim outside of what I have already.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    Decomposey wrote: »
    I built walls around my desert compound. Then I discovered that the walls were too close to edge to use the smooth tool to weather the top. So I had to copy the entire wall, delete the entire wall, heal the terrain, and move the entire thing one space inward.

Then I learned how to uncouple the tool from the world gird allowing for more control, which would have allowed me to smooth the wall in its original position. :tired_face:

Does anyone know if there are any props built with something other than the basic tinker workshop? Or if there is a list for what is made with what crafting station? I want to know what other options I have for decorating my claim outside of what I have already.

beg pardon?

edited April 2014
    Heh, ok. You know if you have a 1x1x1 tool you can move it one space at a time, but if you use a 2x2x2 square it ALWAYS moves 2 spaces at a time, so you can't just nudge it one space over? That's because the tools are automatically couped to the underlying world grid. Well, apparently if you hit 'G' it toggles the grid coupling on and off, so uncoupled you can move your 2x2x2 or even 4x4x4 tool as many or as few spaces as you want instead of it moving with the invisible grid patterns.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    edited April 2014
    awesome, thank you!

Xaquin on
    So how intensive is Landmark? It doesn't look too bad. I can play WoW without any issues at all. I plan on buying the $100 founder pack but I don't want to buy it if it will lag me.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I got a core i5 at 3.2ghz and an AMD R9 270x and can play flawlessly on max settings.

That said, the game locks up constantly and only bringing up the task manager will unfreeze it. It's strange.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So how intensive is Landmark? It doesn't look too bad. I can play WoW without any issues at all. I plan on buying the $100 founder pack but I don't want to buy it if it will lag me.

It's really the voxels which will tax your system more than anything.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    One simple solution if you get a lot of lag is to place your claim in someplace barren, like a tundra or a desert. Lag goes down a bunch without out all those damn trees. But there is lag in game, lots of stuttering as you run around and such. However, its a known issue, and since the game isn't anywhere near release ready, they have time to fix it.

Now, has anyone ever seen etherium or know where I can find it?

It's not in the game, yet.

Excellent, then I'm not missing anything and can give up my aimless wandering in tier 4 zones for aimlessly wandering in tier 1 zones and mining all the copper.

I'm getting a tad frustrated by the lack of decent building tools in this game.

not having the ability to make things like triangles, cones, or cylinders easily really detracts.

also, having to shrink voxels to make any kind of detail is annoying x 1,000,000

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    You can make those things, though rounded shapes are a bit tricky in detail. Triangles aren't that hard. Check out my claim north of Sages.

I don't know HOW you can make cylinders, but I know you can, I saw a lovely spiral staircase with one as the center, smooth and perfect as a cylinder can be. I'd love to know how so that I can make pretty railing for my roof/balcony.

I know how to make cylinders, it's just about ten more steps than just being able to use a tool.

Triangles I have not been able to figure out at all.

Well then, perhaps we should submit reports to the developers requesting a cylinder tool.

It has been done =)

But if you want to know, basically, you make a sphere, select a single voxel square through the middle of it and make a template.

Then stack the template on top of itself however high you want it!

That wouldn't work, as I'd want the column to be a single voxel wide to make posts. But I will adapt and figure out something for railings. My real issue right now is figuring out how to make carpets to throw my large red pillow props onto. I should probably make a paint tool and try that :P

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Paint tool doesn't actually paint. It changes the texture (and thus, material) of voxels (e.g. you can change a brick wall into a wooden one in one stroke).

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    Yes, which will actually be very useful for carpeting, instead of ripping up the entire floor to replace it!

edited April 2014
    My impatience knows no bounds. I've been asking friends to loan me $100 for the founders pack so I don't have to wait till pay day. I am having no luck.

Hopefully I'll be in on this next week and I want to prepare for it. Where can I see a list of cool stuff for Landmark that can taunt me?

Edit: If I get the $20 founder pack, can I upgrade to the $100 without having to pay $100 and just $80?

Stragint on

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    My impatience knows no bounds. I've been asking friends to loan me $100 for the founders pack so I don't have to wait till pay day. I am having no luck.

Hopefully I'll be in on this next week and I want to prepare for it. Where can I see a list of cool stuff for Landmark that can taunt me?

Edit: If I get the $20 founder pack, can I upgrade to the $100 without having to pay $100 and just $80?

I believe so, yes.