As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Freelancer]

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I can't think of anything else to ask Gideon. But I'm ready to fuck up some robots.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    The Collectors refer to you as "Emissary" that would seem to imply some two way communication, can you initiate contact so we could communicate with the Collectors directly?

Gideon: No. Sometimes, I wish I could. Most of the time I'm glad for the silence. When they call on me it's like a migraine. I think the title is some kind of sick joke, to be honest.

• Options
    Gideon is fairly confident that following Paul's idea to trace Sirah will take you directly to the Source Vertex and the Interface's base of operations. Which is incredibly dangerous, and exactly what the Collectors want. Are you sure that's what you want to do?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    It's only a matter of time until they locate the tracer beacon, especially if they're giving her a full body conversion. Once they find it they'll either deactivate it and relocate their base, in which case the beacon's done nothing for us; or they'll fortify even harder against an anticipated incursion in which case we've effectively lured ourselves into a trap.

If we're to have any hope of success, having the element of surprise couldn't hurt. Granted, it's entirely possible that the Interface has already detected the beacon.

Might be nice if we could ask the collectors for some more super biotic soldiers, since we're doing their work and all. But, I guess we can't have everything.
    Maybe we could try to recruit some additional firepower before we leave the Citadel?

My vote is to follow the beacon. Not exactly like we've been living the safe life this far, right?

see317 on
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Maybe we could try to recruit some additional firepower before we leave the Citadel?

My vote is to follow the beacon. Not exactly like we've been living the safe life this far, right?

Let's bring Esmeri and Gideon (assuming we can to choose 2)

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Paul traces the signal. It's leading to the planet Ploba, in the Antaeus system of the Hades Gamma Cluster
    TrELNIO.jpg
    Ploba is the second, and by far the larger, of Antaeus' two gas giants. Active scans by survey ships have returned tantalizing indications of massive, solid structures deep within the atmosphere, too regular in pattern to be anything natural.
    Some believe Ploba is a "Jupiter Brain", a planet-sized supercomputer. Adherents of this theory have fruitlessly beamed signals toward the sunken megastructures, hoping to get the machine's attention.

Following Sirah's signal, Paul manages to locate one of these sunken megastructures, and believes he can pilot the ship safely through the gravitational eddies in Ploba's atmosphere by manipulating the ship's mass effect fields. He thinks that this is one of many safe paths specifically for this purpose, and that once you get close to the structure a more stable gravity and atmosphere will take over.

Your entire crew will be accompanying you for this final mission, Freelancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw

• Options
    PT9wRTc.jpg
    2JIY8SN.jpg
    Dolmy0N.jpg
    NZmAB7A.jpg
    4hlzCEu.jpg
    aIiDUN5.jpg
    SMtpBBZ.jpg

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    oh man. This is awesome.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Edit: I'll save that for later.

Pony on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Time to lock and load.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    WKVrPrc.jpg

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Kursk is probably the best choice, I feel like he'll last longer in a fight alone.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Kursk is probably the best choice, I feel like he'll last longer in a fight alone.

I agree with the statement.

And he also has chances of survival!

• Options
    Have to agree. Kursk ftw!

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    Note the use of the terms 'distract' and 'harass', maybe our choice should be made on that basis?

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I wonder if Esmeri's ability to cloak and give these guys the run-around might not be more effective than leaving Kursk to try and smash them.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

• Options
    So, we'd rather get Kursk killed than let Esmeri safely distract?

• Options
    ZR2CwEO.jpg

• Options
    Farewell, noble Brogan.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    yLyVyEu.jpg

• Options
    Hold the Line, Marsic!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Let's have Marsic throw some singularities at this!

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Should have been Kursk for the insects.

• Options
    CH67Ews.jpg

You move through the structure, following Sirah's signal, when suddenly...

hZxF2re.jpg
    V58Qo0N.jpg

• Options
    Esmeri can take away the Prime's shields while Sirah deals with its armour.

• Options
    Gideon and The Interface have a date with destiny.
    Esmeri and Sirah

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Esmeri can take away the Prime's shields while Sirah deals with its armour.

My thoughts exactly.

And like Iron Weasel said, Gideon has a date with The Interface I'm looking forward to seeing.

• Options
    It's gonna get weird if/when the Collectors Assume Control of Gideon again.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Esmeri and Sirah

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's gonna get weird if/when the Collectors Assume Control of Gideon again.

That's on odd way to spell "Awesome".

• Options
    sbhA4sM.jpg
    Puk2DcI.jpg
    YBwTUP6.jpg

• Options
    No u

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hmm...a thousand synthetic voices in his head eh? Wonder what would happen if we made them all scream by hitting the vertex with a tech attack?

Gonmun on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    It's painfully obvious that our first hit should be to the Source Vertex.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    shTCrPa.jpg
    I9KPVak.jpg
    wzGkcbh.jpg

If you select "Consider other options.", provide an alternative solution that Jai is considering.

• Options
    Can we subvert the Vertex, enabling us to control it (and any other Interfaces)?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Can we subvert the Vertex, enabling us to control it (and any other Interfaces)?

The Vertex is too powerful and complicated to be reprogrammed, subverted, or commanded. It is also incredibly hostile to attempts to contact or negotiate with it.

Pony on
  • Options
    Unless someone has a better idea, we should destroy the Source Vertex since I doubt we can just be all "Hey! Stop plotting to kill organic life."

• Options
    Well, if it's going to be a jerk then Destroy the Vertex.

Currently Playing: