As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Mechanics

19596979899101»

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I'LL BET YOU'RE STUPID
    OH LOOK I WIN

You mad bro?

EsaNO2o.gif

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    well, there's another thing I was too slow on

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Man the dragon is totally not dead.

Missing an eye and a lot of his body, maybe.

(if it is, I'll feel a bit bad on holding back on some lines, but eh)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Samedi ?
    ?x39 ?x9? ?x4 ?x4 ?x28 ?x0 ?x0 ?x3 ?x21 ??? ?x0 ?x1 ?x0 ?x8
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls
    BAC: [Adon Champagne][Several Shonen Bombs]

"You didn't lose ya green." He laughs and odd shadow man laugh. "Cain't lose something never had kid."

The one eyed ball turns into a serpent and slithers around to a perch atop Li-ron's head.

"You been representing LIFE in name only. Back at the false tower, when you devoured that thing with no idea what it do to you? Or you cosidered attacking HEXX, nothing full and well it kill everything on way there. That ain't a man fighting for life. That a man think Life is just grist for the mill. In this final act of recklessness, becoming a Titan in the City walls? Cosuming all life around you for one act of destruction?"

The Shadow-Snake sighs.

"We all stories. We all lies. Nothing more nothing less. Smoke and mirrors. The colors however, they make us real. Those themes are realer than any of us. An they be patrons granting us our power. That's how Acer is so powerful, he know what he is. He has taken the mantle of revolutionary, the scoundrel, the true teller, the traitor. And doing so gather that strength. So, even as it irks me so, his actions feel right. Feel consistent."

"When the last time you used your powers to heal? To sow something other than destruction?"

NeoToma on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Thinking there may be a patch after this battle, an account of the Engine, for lack of a better word, clenching, resulting in a lowered tolerance for rapid point expenditures.

Sidenote: the fact that Unbound are constantly referring to Points when no one else has any what they are is pretty hilarious.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Thinking there may be a patch after this battle, an account of the Engine, for lack of a better word, clenching, resulting in a lowered tolerance for rapid point expenditures.

Sidenote: the fact that Unbound are constantly referring to Points when no one else has any what they are is pretty hilarious.

Look, just
    Don't ask questions

(Clyde would've probably avoided mentioning points if he knew that (just phrase it as "color energy" or something, if at all), since he mainly only talks in unbound lingo due to other folks spilling the beans beforehand. But eh.)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    [Clyde] [Φ Karsif]
    ⎔x115 ⎔x11 ⎔x10 ⎔x10 ⎔x12 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⎔x11 ⎔x15 ⎔x2 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⎔x5 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x17
    ❼❼
    [Grenadier-Bretteur] [Accelerated Reader] [Dramatic Flair] [Fabulous] [Airkido]
    [Costume Change Gadgetry], [Dueling Dagger], [Variable Explosives/Pyrotechnics]
    [Shit Rats (Wizards)] [Bangers] [Swifts] [Karsif Krew]

[Hex Tower Ascent]
    As he looks out at the haze beyond, he thinks a little jest to Samedi. Sitting in your hot tub, man? What are you, ICEberg?

Samedi ?
    ?x39 ?x9? ?x4 ?x4 ?x28 ?x0 ?x0 ?x3 ?x21 ??? ?x0 ?x1 ?x0 ?x8
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls
    BAC: [Adon Champagne][Several Shonen Bombs]

"Maybe. After all someone gotta keep all this champange cool."

• Options
    i really like making one liners

• Options

Look, just
    Don't ask questions

(Clyde would've probably avoided mentioning points if he knew that (just phrase it as "color energy" or something, if at all), since he mainly only talks in unbound lingo due to other folks spilling the beans beforehand. But eh.)

Yeah, there isn't really an Bound word for it due to the fact that it's still a largely unexplained thing. Scientists of the City have done studies, but they've never been able to measure Color beyond its obvious physical/psychological manifestations.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif/Masn] color="royalblue"]1[/color] [color="Forestgreen"]3[/color] [COLOR="darkorchid"]5 7[/color [⊜⊜⊜⊜⊜] ↺x35
    2 00 03 09 00 16 00 00 00 10 26 02
    [Hoverblade Hoodlum][Hardcore][Manipulative] [Raw Brawn] [Shit Rats' Momma Bear][Bangers] [Bent Ass Gold Bat] [Bullet in Shoulder][Bullet in Leg]
    ⇄❂

⎔⎔⎔⎔ ⇄ ⎔⎔⎔⎔

-⎔⎔⎔⎔ to officially complete Take Down Marsk

~Earlier~

They sit in a circle, same sort of improvised seating, same sort of Quality Malt Liquor, different surroundings. Sunlight climbs in through holes in the ruined temple's roof, the beautiful interior covered in dust, the statue in its center in pieces, small plants spouting in cracks, arriving to finish the work the terrorists started. The place itself tells truths. About how nature reasserts itself. A lesson the hoodlum began to learn in a park, back when she was locked in kinder chains.

"You all deserve to know more about what's goin' on. Why a whole mess of reasonable folks became pirates. Why you joined up with me." She quaffs some Durasteel Reserve. "And it starts like this. I was born twice. Once, in an alley. Once, in a deep forest. But that's a lie. I was never born. I happened. In a madman's secret lab. Nothing one instant, there the next. A barbarian a few moments after. Then, later, I stepped through a door, stepped into here. Into the tower."

She lets the words float for a while, before speaking again. "I've seen God. I gave Him a name. He made the door, but he did not make me. I'm different from him, from you, from here. I am Unbound, and I am free to do as I please. I can become whatever I want, and I can make you think whatever I want. I have made you think what I want you to think."

She looks into the eyes of her crew, each in turn. "I'm sorry."

~Later~

Penelope sits outside her temple, absentmindedly watching her kin battle a dragon. Around the temple is a camp. Each tent with its own garden, all the residents wearing a jumpsuit customized to their wishes. -+ Karsif Hideout

"Hey, Percy, are dragons sapient?"

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    oh yeah, and let's unlock a darkorchid property upgrade

↺⇒ Start Mission: Sweet Soul Sister

Shock G on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    whoever linked DBZ abridged earlier, thank you.

I hadn't actually gotten around to watching that till now.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    What fuck is even happening?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I'll let you know when I find out.

so far, speed showed up and almost stole the kill, but forgot about rules which allowed Rawk to actually steal the kill from him (maybe). Blue put a sword through it's head for good measure.

BUT!

then speed took the action back.

Then he put it back in. like the hokey pokey, but with dragon maiming.

in the mean time, rawk posted a background to his killstealsteal, and reposted the actual killstealsteal, and that stuff with blue happened.

now we're waiting for De?ad to tell us if the dragon's actually dead yet. also make the new thread.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Dux wrote: »

Everything

[Narrator+HEX]
    ⎔x487 ⎔x98 ⎔x51 ⎔x151 ⎔x17 ⎔x31 ⎔x67 ⎔x54 ⎔x111 ⎔x43 ⎔x0 ⎔x47 ⎔x19

[The Slums, Shantytown, Shack] (One Week Ago)
    I will consider the request. Michael's connection clicks off.

Then it returns. I have following your inquiries within the City. I have a left a databundle on an encrypted server keyed to your extranet ID. I believe you will find its contents pertinent to your research.

[Adon, Ruined Temple] (Earlier)
    "What the fuck, P?" one of the Karsif Crew demands, rising to his feet. "You bring us out here just to tell us that fucker is right?" He stomps angrily around while the others remain seated and uncomfortably silent. "Nah, nah. That's bullshit. Fuck you."

Another watches him storm off, then looks back to Penny. "You're, you're joking, right?"

[Meridi, Orange Dragon (xxxxxx▮ Kill, Stop, Tame)]
    The dragon stumbles, staggers slightly as a bullet pierces its eye, ricocheting painfully around within the orb. It's nearly recovered when a shadow crosses over it, and a bolt of hellfire from the heavens knocks it back down to the earth.

It lays still for a moment, the fur on its back rising and falling in waves. As Harley Cowboy calls out, it rises, twisting about to charge toward the taunting figure. Dragons are simple creatures, barely more than animals, but Hubron was Orange to his last, and he would not tolerate this tiny machine's insolence.

Eight shells slam into his chest, breaking his charge.

Vanguard is there to take advantage of the opening. The blade crashes down on the beast's neck, buckling it, forcing its head to the ground.

The Meridi Peace Grid groans angrily with each swipe, the air around the dragon hissing and snapping as forcefield after forcefield is shred by violence.

On the ground, Captain Blue rallies civilians, loyalist and pirate alike, leading them from the area, protecting them from falling debris. Above, tiny specks of Orange and MediumPurple orbit the dragon, spitting blasts of sound and plumes of smoke at the beast.

[Mesmiri, Bask]
    My projection appears at the edge of the hot tub, feet dangling over the edge, shoulders hunched. "The tower is called HEX," I say, nodding solemnly.

[The City]
    The ground in front of the Captain ruptures, a sewage pipe erupting through the pavement, a figure firing out of it like a cannon. Skan flies through the air, controlling his descent with wings of waste, whipping putrid green gobs at the monster's eyes.

It growls, one hand knocks Vangaurd away ⎔⎔⎔, the behemoth tumbles through the air, landing five blocks away, nearly crushing a group of fleeing Sienna dissidents. Thankfully, his descend is stopped by a pair of oversized Tan hands. A squat figure in shredded Streich fatigues points a stumpy finger at him. "Robot owe Brute."

[Adon, Ruined Temple]
    My projection leans against the temple. "No. They're just beasts. No higher thought. Beasts."

The dragon reaches a hand up to wipe the scum from its eyes, managing to do so just in time for a tiny figure to sink its blade into them. The knife, of course, doesn't even penetrate the cornea, but it gives Clyde a handhold, and it sure does piss it off.

[Slums, Warwick's Tower]
    Standing atop his tower like a Neon Moses, Warwick declares his intent, and all his research, all the time and energy spent poring over his books and scrolls, that itch at the center of his soul, it all comes tumbling out.

He doubles over, his staff touches the top of the tower in a search for stability, and the slums explode.

DimGray, Red, Gold, Purple, and Sienna. All are washed away in a sudden flush of light and energy. The disparate factions of the Western Slums are unified, brought together by Warwick's tower, by the good its done for the community, and the hope it's placed back into the hearts of the children raised in its shadow...

...but most of all, by the magic it brought to their lives.

The Magic District raises their hands in the air.

Warwick +⎔x20

[Deep Haze, Sienna Gear MACH, WeaponHEX (▮▮▮▮ Kill)]
    Acer X appears above the dragon and drop kicks it right in the spine, it shatters into a billion, zillion, pieces, and each of those pieces explodes. Like kr-PLRSHHH-PKOW.

He gets, just, so many points. All the points. He won. Big winner over here.

Yay, everybody clap for the winner.

[Meridi, Orange Dragon ( Kill, Stop, Tame)]
    Hubron lets out another roar. The civilians at the edge of its effect tumble, clutching their heads and kicking their legs helplessly as their brains hammer against their skulls.

The dragon clutches at its chest, its neck craned awkwardly after the Vanguard's attack. From his vantage point, Clyde watches the eyelid begin to move, crashing down on him like night on a very small planet. ⎔⎔/-⊜⊜ It could've knocked him the very dangerous distance to the ground, but a bit of quick thinking, and quicker foot work, leaves him hanging onto his knife, buried up to his wrist in leathery skin, feet planted between eyelashes the size of small trees.

Metal groans as Hubron grabs a Citybus stalled on the road, windows shattering as the massive fingers close around the vehicle. It hits Harley Cowboy with enough force to send the behemoth tumbling end-over-end. Dan's displays flash a dozen very-bad shades of burgundy, something about severed motivator lines. Dan doesn't really need to know the technical jargon - he can see Harley Cowboy's legs lying a hundred feet away in the Haze. ⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔/-⊜⊜⊜⊜⊜ ⎔⎔⎔

• Options
    huh. still not dead.

alrighty then.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    gonna pull out my saved post and edit it.

hopefully be done before someone does a thing.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Also, its shields just mean you absolutely can't kill it.

It'll still have to be killed after they're removed, and that'll still be no easy task.

• Options
    Got a draft saved and I'll post the next thread first thing in the morning, assuming this thing gets locked tonight.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    [Inquisit] ★ ↷ ⇄
    ⎔x23 ❻⎔x11 ⎔x0 ❹❻❻⎔x16 ⎔x12 ⎔x1 ⎔x0 ⎔x5 ⎔x7 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x5

[Retired Detective Chief Inspector] [Rational] [Hard Boiled] [Advanced Variable Golemech]
    [Useful Gadgets] [Detective Stuff] [Chief Justice]
    [Chief Investigative Officer of PSI] [Yen] [iceBERG] [Agent Eddis]

From the bridge of the Keep, Inquisit looks at the new events and just says "Huh. Well, wish me luck." Leaving his signature trenchcoat and fedora with an operative, Inquisit strides off the bridge and through the halls, the plates of his shell shifting and altering colour until his body from the neck down is obsidian black with a bold, reflective golden PSI emblem on his chest. He lumbers into the Behemoth Bay to a shout from an operative. "C.I.O. on deck!" He motions her over. "The weapon, Chang, is it ready?"

She points to the Chief Justice, clad in black, ablative armour in the shape of robes, it's long-backed helm shockingly white, and a gigantic Royal Blue gavel (Supreme Justice) strapped to it's back. Beside it, a weapon that nearly dwarfs the behemoth it's built for: The Bass Cannon, piloted by one of the few non-pirate DJ's left in Hedos, risking the wrath her Mistress by being here instead of at work. "The crews and DJ Sickn4s-Tea are ready launch on your order, sir." Operative Chang smirks afterwards, unable to maintain a straight face.

"Laughing at her name, are we?" Chang's face is instantly a mask of calm again, which makes Inquisit chuckle. "Nah don't worry, I ain't Kain. Also, she know's it's ridiculous. I made sure I recruited one that didn't take herself too serious." He salutes and merges into his mech. Its eyes flare Royal Blue.

When the keep is near enough to Hubron, Chief Justice opens it's mouth and booms "DROP". Falling through the air, robes flowing, he reaches back and arms himself with the Supreme Justice. Booster rockets flare, pushing him forward, close enough to end the fall as a plunging strike.

⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ "STOP. HAMMER TIME."

The Gavel smashes into it's back, shattering a lot of bones, and more importantly, getting rid of it's last barrier.

Contacting Dan through the Unbound connection, Inquisit gets him to convert 20⎔ into 10. And sends well wishes for getting out of that broken robot.

He drops the gavel and points at the keep. Change sees this, and signals the launch crew. The Chief Justice's boosters rockets flare brighter than before, more popping out and flaring as he rises, giving him greater upward speed. The Cannon fires out the side of the Dauntless Emperor, straight at the rising judge behemoth. Just as they're about to impact, they merge seamlessly, the red weapon's inertia pushing them into position as the Chief takes aim.

Hovering in place as Hubron tries to shake off the hammering, The Chief booms "PREPARE. THE BASS CANNON. Attached to his chest, the long red spike splits into four inward facing, mammoth speaker racks. The control unit at his back whines as power builds up, DJ Sickn4s-Tea working her shapely butt off in the booth. The four racks start to spin, a bass thump getting louder and faster. A Red bubble of sonic energy grows and crackles between the racks. It's ready.

⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔⎔ "FIRE".

[something something flesh rippling from it's frame. My description engine needs a tune up, I think. or gas. Maybe the metaphor is breaking down. Like an engine! for descriptions. yeah.]

yep that's it. too spent. I'll edit it later when I come up with a cool description.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Dux wrote: »

Everything

Hell yeah

[Deep Haze, Sienna Gear MACH, WeaponHEX (▮▮▮▮ Kill)]
    Acer X appears above the dragon and drop kicks it right in the spine, it shatters into a billion, zillion, pieces, and each of those pieces explodes. Like kr-PLRSHHH-PKOW.

He gets, just, so many points. All the points. He won. Big winner over here.

Yay, everybody clap for the winner.

Hahaha

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Y'know what PSI could really use?

A dragon. That'd be awesome.

I'll think about Kain's next move once the new thread goes up.

[Kain Fuery]
    ⎔x34 ❾⎔x28 ⎔x7 ❺⎔x51 ❷⎔x11 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x5 ❹⎔x11 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x6

[Senior Special Agent] [Director of PSI] [Determined] [Hyper Awareness] [Immortal] [Tea Shades] [Pistol] [Handcannon] [Agent Yen] [ICEberg] [Agent Eddis] [PSI Team]

Kain pats Inquisit on the shoulder as he heads out to Chief Justice. "Good luck. Kick some ass."

Dux on
  • Options
    not gonna lie, feeling down on myself for stupid reasons that I'll eventually get over.

this mead and panzeroti is going to help. as will the marathon of DBZ abridged.

maybe later, I'll drunkenly try to finish some art. oh hey, it's almost 7:30 in the morning.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I just have some good ol' fashioned insomnia, CB

currently, I'm in the bathroom, typing on my little computer so that I wont wake Becca

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    So I

Take it I'm trapped in the deep haze

• Options
    edited October 2013
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif/Masn] color="royalblue"]1[/color] [color="Forestgreen"]3[/color] [COLOR="darkorchid"]5 7[/color [⊜⊜⊜⊜⊜] ↺x35
    2 00 03 09 00 16 00 00 00 10 16 02
    [Hoverblade Hoodlum][Hardcore][Manipulative] [Raw Brawn] [Shit Rats' Momma Bear][Bangers] [Bent Ass Gold Bat] [Bullet in Shoulder][Bullet in Leg]
    ⇄❂

~Earlier~

"No! He's wrong! He only made himself right. He made those people believe in him." Penny wipes something from her eyes. "And I'm wrong because I did the same thing."

She wipes away more somethings. "I don't even know if I was ever right. I don't even know what's real anymore."

~Earlier Still~

Penelope sits upon a toppled stone, her legs folded. She meditates. She finds a little more truth about this color she's brought with her. COLOR="darkorchid"]⎔x10[color="darkred" ⇒ (Soul Up)

~Later~

"That's too bad." Warwick does what Penelope failed to so. She smiles.

"Why do they attack the city? Is it to give us something to fight?"

Shock G on
  • Options
    also do i get that fifteen red, or is that not a thing anymore

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't make impossible things happen."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've made as many as six impossible things happen before breakfast."

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    In the past 4 days I have watched nearly 40 episodes of community

Help.....me.....

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    In the past ever I have not watched one episode of community?

I don't think that's considered help, but it's all I got.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    You need to Chang that

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    you're coming up on when it starts being sort of shitty so you may as well just power through

• Options
    So I

Take it I'm trapped in the deep haze

Clyde thought he was crazy for suspecting "Ziggy".

But just as Ziggy joins up with the Sienna Mariner, where does he end up?

In the Belly of a (Psycho) Whale

(It's probably deep Haze, yeah. Something something Acer getting what he wished for in a twisted way, near complete freedom from The Narrator.)

This discussion has been closed.