As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] is having a pool party, and Lucian's invited!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    dude got mad at video games, he wasn't doing meth

this is a good initiative though, and I like that Riot is putting stuff like this out and making such an effort

It is good to see them trying to make a dent in the community behavior.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Riot's almost constantly trying to put a dent in community behaviour.

It's pretty great.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    There's a part of me that chuckles when I see that, but then I remember that when I started playing again I had All chat muted for reasons that I've subsequently suppressed.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    My favorite part about Riot's "community clean-up" initiative is not that the player base will theoretically get less shitty over time, but rather the absolutely surreal denial put forth by ragers whenever they get busted for being awful people. That says a lot about how much of a prick I am.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    No the denial is great and amusing.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5wx_tOtFos

This video's Intervention style music and interviews combined with the screenshots and clips from his stream are kind of hysterical

"he said some of the worst things we've ever seen in the tribunal. in fact, he was famous for wishing his opponents got cancer..."

*screenshot of ocelot spamming CANCER CANCER CANCER while soft, dramatic music plays and the camera slowly zooms in*

"I was not giving too many cares" is the best thing

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    the E dmg in lane is pretty darn crazy. It doesn't seem like it on paper, but i've noticed that a Level 6 all in with max level E does a ton more damage than W. Also your mana costs aren't as crazy since E doesn't cost nearly as much.

Maxing Q first is a big no-no because you lose out on so much utility. If you miss a bubble, you have nothing if the enemy team capitalizes on the CD, and if you hit the bubble, you have no real power to follow up on if your ADC isn't an all in damage machine like Quinn/Draven/Vayne.

Maxing W is great for harass, but you run out of mana really fast, and it does deal less damage than E.

Max E means you get 90 more dmg on one target out of it in an all in where you only get to use each cooldown once, compared to having one point in a level 6 all in. If you use your W to do damage to both enemy targets and heal one person you're getting 160 more damage than you would with 1 point. Plus 60 more healing. To me, that flat makes W seem more attractive to max, which is why I do it. The only way W max first is less dmg than E max first is if you use W to heal 2 people and dmg one, in which case you're trading healing for dmg, or if you only dmg one enemy with it and only heal one person, in which case you're using it wrong.

Mana costs aren't an issue for me on Nami at all, because I start with a mana pendant, and I consciously plan to fight using all my mana before a certain time. I either back with enough gold to finish chalice, or get the 2nd mana regen pendant for it, but either way it's not long before I have a chalice and then there aren't any more mana issues.

edited July 2013
    So I came to realize that my new flowchart decision points of ranked champ selection have been making me win almost every single game not just because I'm doing roles I'm good at, but because I'm actively working to give other people what they want.

I just wait until everybody calls what they want, or ask them all what they want. Then I go jungle if nobody asks, support if jungle is requested but not support, and if both are requested I go mid, just spamming Annie right now for what seem like free wins but I can play a ton of mids.

I've mostly been getting jungle or support. The key thing is though whichever one I get, I'm helping put all 5 people on my team in their best role, or at least the one they felt comfortable asking for. So when I dominate the jungle because I let the other guy support or mid who asked for it even though I'm first pick, not only am I confident in my ability, but typically they're helping carry the game too.

The big games i've noticed a difference in are the ones where I go support because nobody asked for it. Because I'm doing it out of choice I'm actively engaged in playing the role to the best ability, not just being stuck doing it. So I'm outplaying not only the enemy bot lane, but I have the advantage of often the other support being total crap because they didn't want to do it. Plus I transfer over some of my game knowledge from jungle so I ward enemy buffs when I know they're coming up, I plan when we're going to do dragons, etc.

It's also honestly made it easier for me to always stay positive, because I never get that little guy in my head that's like man this dude is feeding mid, I should've just midded like I wanted to. I'm locked in to whatever role I am doing, so whatever happens I just actively encourage my team to keep their heads up and not go on tilt, etc.

Joshmvii on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Jookie wrote: »
    Why is Special Forces Gangplank going on sale. Everyone that plays him already has it. Furthermore, Gangplank is dumb. It's also funny that they put Udyr on sale after Spirit Guard's "sale" ended even though he's not particularly expensive as far as IP costs go.

I do not own sfgp or gp but will probably pick them up if the price is right

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    I don't know what you guys are all talking about, that entry was great.

Also, Pentakill:
    4fWA0Q1.jpg
    Was a couple weeks ago but I don't see it in the archive.

Dude pentakill's have never REALLY counted in ARAM. It's not so impressive when people can't run away. I even got one with warwick and it wasn't added to OP. FOR GOOD REASON

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    My favorite part about Riot's "community clean-up" initiative is not that the player base will theoretically get less shitty over time, but rather the absolutely surreal denial put forth by ragers whenever they get busted for being awful people. That says a lot about how much of a prick I am.

It has to do with a broader community in which it's acceptable or even laudable behavior. These people brush up against polite society in very few contexts in their real lives... to see decency and humanity intrude on their gaming world creates a lot of cognitive dissonance.

spool32 on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Why is Special Forces Gangplank going on sale. Everyone that plays him already has it. Furthermore, Gangplank is dumb. It's also funny that they put Udyr on sale after Spirit Guard's "sale" ended even though he's not particularly expensive as far as IP costs go.

udyr was on sale for the entire length of spirit guard's sale actually

liEt3nH.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I play Support and I'm never going to get a Penta so my AP Yi ARAM Penta should totally count.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I love seeing the other team pick Malzahar because then I pick jungle and camp his lane and get a hundred thousand kills and rain blood upon the enemy team for twenty minutes

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    No the denial is great and amusing.

I did a quick botmatch for my daily win. Fizz and TF bitch endlessly about who goes mid, including wishing each other cancer and asking everyone else to report the other guy.

I say I'll just report them both. Fizz starts going "What? Why? What did I do?"

Dat cognitive dissonance.

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

Also, Pentakill:
    4fWA0Q1.jpg

Dude pentakill's have never REALLY counted in ARAM. It's not so impressive when people can't run away. I even got one with warwick and it wasn't added to OP. FOR GOOD REASON

Wow, that's not fair. Every time I get close in SR, shit like this happens:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0NwhW5tArA
    I'M SORRY SAMPSEN.

2 hour interview with CLG's new coach and OGN's analytical commentator (same guy):
    http://www.aceresport.com/uk/content/349.htm

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I love seeing the other team pick Malzahar because then I pick jungle and camp his lane and get a hundred thousand kills and rain blood upon the enemy team for twenty minutes

I mained Malz when I was levelling to 30. I did not learn how to last hit at all, but did learn how to ward very thoroughly.

In retrospect it's probably not surprising at all that I moved onto maining support.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Why do I get the Leonas who think standing behind the adc is somehow helping in any way? I can't threaten anyone when Taric has free reign of the bot bushes because she's sitting on the goddamn tower just leeching xp. I think she threw maybe one zenith blade in the first 8 minutes.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Why do I get the Leonas who think standing behind the adc is somehow helping in any way? I can't threaten anyone when Taric has free reign of the bot bushes because she's sitting on the goddamn tower just leeching xp. I think she threw maybe one zenith blade in the first 8 minutes.

i just had a support sona that refused to ult the entire game.

and, she did the "oops a powerchord" killsteal like 3 times early.

same game featured a jungle cow, a YOLO 1v5 Jax, and a 3-14 morde who accused me, corki, the only one who ended positive, 12-10, of not doing damage.

dat cognitive dissonance is op yo.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    So I came to realize that my new flowchart decision points of ranked champ selection have been making me win almost every single game not just because I'm doing roles I'm good at, but because I'm actively working to give other people what they want.

I just wait until everybody calls what they want, or ask them all what they want. Then I go jungle if nobody asks, support if jungle is requested but not support, and if both are requested I go mid, just spamming Annie right now for what seem like free wins but I can play a ton of mids.

I've mostly been getting jungle or support. The key thing is though whichever one I get, I'm helping put all 5 people on my team in their best role, or at least the one they felt comfortable asking for. So when I dominate the jungle because I let the other guy support or mid who asked for it even though I'm first pick, not only am I confident in my ability, but typically they're helping carry the game too.

The big games i've noticed a difference in are the ones where I go support because nobody asked for it. Because I'm doing it out of choice I'm actively engaged in playing the role to the best ability, not just being stuck doing it. So I'm outplaying not only the enemy bot lane, but I have the advantage of often the other support being total crap because they didn't want to do it. Plus I transfer over some of my game knowledge from jungle so I ward enemy buffs when I know they're coming up, I plan when we're going to do dragons, etc.

It's also honestly made it easier for me to always stay positive, because I never get that little guy in my head that's like man this dude is feeding mid, I should've just midded like I wanted to. I'm locked in to whatever role I am doing, so whatever happens I just actively encourage my team to keep their heads up and not go on tilt, etc.

Soloqueue is a test of two skillsets, your ability to play LoL as a game and your ability to coordinate an effective team effort in a group of unpredictable strangers.

The second skillset is very, very relevant.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

I've had trouble as Leona against extremely pokey comps when I can't get my ADC to go in with me or control the lane at all. You can't risk an all-in at level 1-2 if the enemy team is pushing hard and has a minion advantage.

Not saying that is what happened here, just mentioning it to think out loud.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

I've generally been burned by that.

Internal monologue: "I'm first pick, this is cool!"
    3rd pick: "Top!"
    IM: "Ok. That's my best role, but I'll let him have it. I like doing nice things for other people. I'll go support."
    Time passes.
    IM: "Just check the scoreboard a little bit here. Oh, look, Top is 0/99/1. Goodie gumdrops."

It's worth it if I have an unusually good game and get a good ADC, because when I play well on bottom as support, we wreck face and carry super hard, but I'm super unimpressed with most pub tops.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

I've had trouble as Leona against extremely pokey comps when I can't get my ADC to go in with me or control the lane at all. You can't risk an all-in at level 1-2 if the enemy team is pushing hard and has a minion advantage.

Not saying that is what happened here, just mentioning it to think out loud.

Oh, it isn't. I'm always getting burned by teammates not following ME in. I'm very aggressive in general (and usually have a good idea of how long before I'm going to be dead for overstaying somewhere. Usually.)

The problem with trying to get out of bronze is how unreliable teammates are, and how bad they are at dealing with gimmicks. AP Nidalee is either going to a)Fuck your team hard and feast on their bones or b)Cry because everyone bought a Negatron and her poke is no longer forcing immediate back.

I think at bronze, games are won solely by who starts grouping first. I keep seeing the enemy start balling up to 3v1 people and objectives and my teammates won't react - they have tunnel vision and only care about their lane. To them, the enemy being missing is GREAT, because they can farm more. Of course, the other lane they just got eaten and lost a turret isn't their fault. At all. No. (It's sad, because usually following behind can net you double/triple kills when you jump in and burst the hell out of them)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Okay, I just noticed that Shaco has zero problems doing the first 2 buffs leashless and zero runes and masteries.

So anyone who's sub-30 that wants to learn Jungler, Shaco would actually be a good starting reference until you get the proper runes and masteries.

Start W and place Jack in the Boxes at either Blue or Red @ 0:56. Place on cooldown, take 0 damage doing leashless first buff. Go to other buff, place one Jack in the Box and 1 pot + Smite will kill it. You're now level 3, go gank or assassinate their Jungler.

LFMGb.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Why would you encourage people to Shaco.

Why would you do that.

Burnage wrote: »
    Why would you encourage people to Shaco.

Why would you do that.

Every thread needs a villain.

I'm Korean.

LFMGb.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    98 LP in Silver 2 after a Namiwin. ROIT PLEZ

• 8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I'll never understand the logic behind "I went 0/10/0 in my lane, it's YOUR fault I'm bad" mentalities.

I've generally been burned by that.

Internal monologue: "I'm first pick, this is cool!"
    3rd pick: "Top!"
    IM: "Ok. That's my best role, but I'll let him have it. I like doing nice things for other people. I'll go support."
    Time passes.
    IM: "Just check the scoreboard a little bit here. Oh, look, Top is 0/99/1. Goodie gumdrops."

It's worth it if I have an unusually good game and get a good ADC, because when I play well on bottom as support, we wreck face and carry super hard, but I'm super unimpressed with most pub tops.

This can obviously happen, but I still think using my method is going to give me my best results. I maintain that jungle and support are the two roles that hurt the team most if they have somebody who doesn't know what they're doing in them, which is why they're my top two priorities. Top lane never has a huge effect on the game unless it snowballs hard one way or the other.

I remember once there was a 1100 Elo streamer that was performing terribly and kept ranting about how his teammates "didn't want to win" and were ruining the game. His (successful) Xin Zhao should've been feeding HIM kills instead of ganking other lanes if they wanted to win; he would not follow up good ganks because he thought they were "bad ganks." After like 18 minutes, the game was pretty even but he claimed it was over and just walked away from his computer to go to the bank.

Reddit got all over that and made him miserable.

LFMGb.jpg
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    i read the thread title and the filthy, back-alley lab in my brain immediately went to work

i could do nothing to stop the process as liquids were boiled, base elements were extracted, and entirely new chemical compositions were strained through the winding system of depraved tubes inside my mind

the result, available within microseconds, was phone sex ahri -- an image of her during a call absently chewing on a pen with her fuzzy boots propped up on a desk in some random office in rainy brooklyn. it immediately transformed into a confusingly noir-styled chunk of fanfiction involving twisted fate as a down-on-his-luck private detective and heimerdinger as a professor moriarty whose genius intellect would have easily allowed him to take over the world were it not for an uncontrollable foot fetish that turned him into a mockery within the public eye

within the span of less than ten seconds, i spun this shit out in my brain, examined it like a grandma looking at some new piece of technology she doesn't know what to do with, and immediately decided that i need to either seek professional help or start writing books

if dan abnett can do it, so can i. grobnar crepe-chewer, orkish master chef and closet serial killer. capable of creating dishes that would fit the palate of the most discerning food connoisseurs from the farthest eldar homeworlds, yet little do they know that his dishes are made from people. see, i'm already doing it again. i need a more engaging hobby

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

Also, Pentakill:
    4fWA0Q1.jpg

I'M SORRY SAMPSEN.

2 hour interview with CLG's new coach and OGN's analytical commentator (same guy):

You should be, you actually stole kills from me. I did 80% of the damage, while you just walked up and Q'd them once. While the fight was going on, I legitimately thought I was the one getting the kills. I'm so sick of you bringing this up, it's been 9 months, get over it.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    Sampsen wrote: »

Also, Pentakill:
    4fWA0Q1.jpg

I'M SORRY SAMPSEN.

You should be, you actually stole kills from me. I did 80% of the damage, while you just walked up and Q'd them once. While the fight was going on, I legitimately thought I was the one getting the kills. I'm so sick of you bringing this up, it's been a year and half, get over it.

That's, uhh, that's pretty defensive of you. Let me tell you my perspective of this shit.

I thought the entire situation was humorous, and I like sharing humorous situations. I know you didn't intentionally take that last kill and it wasn't like I was intentionally trying to take all 4 that I did; I was just trying to make sure everyone was dead as fast as I could.

I just think it was unfortunate that after I had stood on your shoulders to get that Quadra, you inadvertently pulled my leg to trip me face first into missing the Penta. I actually think it would've been less noteworthy if you had taken that kill to deny the Penta intentionally. I thought the Oops makes it kind of like slapstick.

Next, I asked you permission to share it and you said yes. I don't care if you were being Passive-Aggressive, you said yes.

Third, this is like the 2nd time I've brought it up since it happened 6 months ago and the first time I only shared it with ONE person. I thought waiting this long would've made you find it funnier than you did, I'm sorry.

LFMGb.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    pls

no drama about pentakill in vidya game

all hugs now

obF2Wuw.png
    edited July 2013
    I thought I was being funny but instead I upset someone :<

Every thread needs a villain.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    If you hadn't noticed, the vast majority of pentas are someone getting last hits, rather than someone soloing the entirety of the enemy team.

And when it is someone soloing the entire enemy team, it's usually Yi or Katarina, or an ADC in a 60 minute game.

There's a reason why I've never bothered posting pentas here, and that's because there are triple kills that I'm far more proud of than my pentas.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    If you hadn't noticed, the vast majority of pentas are someone getting last hits, rather than someone soloing the entirety of the enemy team.

And when it is someone soloing the entire enemy team, it's usually Yi or Katarina, or an ADC in a 60 minute game.

There's a reason why I've never bothered posting pentas here, and that's because there are triple kills that I'm far more proud of than my pentas.

My favorite multikill in general of all time was a penta with Mord where I 1v5ed the entire enemy team with just a Janna shield to help. Even a single kill or double can be awesome though, depending.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    8bitogre wrote: »
    I'll never understand the logic behind "I went 0/10/0 in my lane, it's YOUR fault I'm bad" mentalities.

It is possible to follow a jungler into a bad gank, i.e. you're behind at 20% hp, vs 80% hp lane opponent, against enemy creep wave and proceed to 'bait' the lane opponent, allowing for a double kill and the irreparable downward spiral into your opponent's lane dominance.

Not that it has happened to me before or anything... :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

My only Pentakill in SR was pre-rework Sivir and I was ultra fed after destroying a top lane ryze, and basically did 1v5 the other team. I was soooo huge (and also they tried to dive me at our mid turret)

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i love pre-rework sivir

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.